Can we talk about Gantz?

I remember last summer when I was still a lazy NEET fuck, I read ALL of Gantz.

Shit was awesome, and I liked it a lot. Had violence, wicked aliens, babes, and a MC who (though took a while) stopped being a little bitch unlike some others.

But seriously, wtf was up with this fucking shit? I'm not going to reread all of this man, I got a 9-5 job plus school. Plus, look at pic related. Look at this. I'm not even posting some of the more hellish scenes (The Human meat farm, Human Prisoners getting skullfucked by alien bugs, etc).

So, to the point. Gantz thread? Any questions or points you want to discuss? I want to talk about pic related.

Also here's the link to those who don't know.
mangareader.net/gantz

I've never read it but I hear it's crazy in the same way that Carnival Phantasm is.

Yes, it's a piece of utter shit.

Nice blog, and nice shit taste. Now fuck off if yu aren't willing to lurk.

trying too hard to fit in

Interesting. What goes on in that?

K.

it got retarded in the end. like, 'believing dumb shit sjws say' level retarded

Like what? My memory is a bit shit at the moment. I'm skimming the last chapter, and all I see is our MC (Kei something?) telling these fucking war mongering aliens to go peacefully settle elsewhere.

And the only alien who can stop it commits suicide.

It started out so good. Not quite sure exactly where it jumped the shark, I'd personally say after the dinosaur arc but my memory of it isn't so good at this point. After they started killing off everybody it grew much shittier, and by the end of the manga all he's doing is running around that spaceship shouting his girlfriend's name and it's just tedious and annoying, not to mention the ending was trash.

Overall I wouldn't read it again, maybe only a few of the earlier arcs

So, OP here.

Is it ever explained why Aliens (before Invasion) are in such weird ass forms and bodies?

Early on we have giant buddha, dinosaurs, Japanese folk monsters, and some rather wtf designs.

Are they all one species of shapeshifters, or is the galaxy just rushing to earth?

I agree with ya. Kei running around the spaceship was the most frustrating shit as a new time reader. Also, I REALLY fucking hated Kei going soft on the Aliens, and NOT destroying the generator(?) that kept the Alien Mothership alive. Like, nigga did you not witness the ongoing GENOCIDE of your race? Finish the job!

As soon as he denied Reika for Tae, the series was shit. There were many other problems but that was the core one.

Gantz was only really interesting when it didn't have a plot and was mysterious. Oku didn't really know what he was doing in the least and by the end he hamfisted it so he could get on to his next manga.

If you remember this pic you're already doing better than the mangaka.

Yep,

Reika was the female Kurono. and her character was just written so poorly after the rejection or after she realizes she can't have Kei-chan

>he denied Reika for Tae
>mfw the author's work around on that one

I'm pretty sure one of those girls (the Idol?) made a clone of Kei, just to have him to herself knowing he wouldn't have picked her.

Also, fuck these guys were metal as hell. Annoying, but a surprise for sure. I thought they were some weird aliens, but apparently they are vampires. So, what the heck? Then there was the arc where they went to the next town, and saw the more fucked up team. Like shit, raping the alien? Fuck. But anyway these vamps were able to chill with the folk aliens. And also Gantz didn't recognize these vampiric assholes as the enemy, and decided to let it in on the secret hideout where they could've MURDERED him.

Genius!

>remove tae change from story
>Remove vampires and Kei's brother from story
>Remove those two psychic faggots from story
>End story when everyone dies during Italy arc

Gantz is now goat manga, prove me wrong.

>Is it ever explained why Aliens (before Invasion) are in such weird ass forms and bodies?
I'm pretty sure they're different alien species and yeah, the galaxy was rushing to earth for lack of a better phrasing. More importantly, the story got so convoluted that it doesn't make a lick of sense by the end so don't think too hard about it

Also, I can see what they were going for with the ending and I respect it. Kei realizing that they were basically people too, when it gets down to it, and realizing he'd be no better than they were and taking the high road instead is a good look

>i was a lazy neet and read all of gantz
>i have a 9-5 job now and cant reread it
i had saturday off a month ago and reread the whole thing, it goes by fast
it wasnt any better than the first time
action manga always fly by, especially when there's so little text or any thought put in by the author

Was there even a reason the author decided to make Kei's brother a vampire? I just remember it being something they brought up once and then never really talked about again

I agree on the tae, vamps and MAYBE the Psychics.

But come on user, Italy Arc was fucking WAR. They got their asses raped, and at the end of it all, we get cockteased with the potential for other Metal alien designs. I mean how the fuck does an alien species evolve to look like a fucking broken Roman statue? Ending their would've left us with no Alien Invasion

.I guess it shows Humanity in a better light, as in we're the ultimately moral race, because we won't commit the genocide willingly. But fuck me, he saw his hometown get WRECKED by the initial Invasion.

I hated those guys. But I admit the hype and "oh fuck" levels go through the roof when they unexpectedly show up as the final boss of the PS2 game. The crazy-looking asshole to the far left is my favorite.

The whole Vampire storyline and brother thing was forgotten.

So basically ignore the plot and focus on the action? I can dig that.

Another point, was maybe near the end the manga was advertising an anime. Maybe a Live action? Can't find the specific page with the ad.

But anyway was any of that good or nah?

That's pretty severe mate.

I know on /tg/ we get spoony and succubus poster, but they make their own entire threads for it. Does this get any worse?

Wasn't there that guy on Sup Forums that a 200 page google doc about a tripfag?

>remove tae change from story
Yes
>Remove vampires and Kei's brother from story
I like a good third party in a story line but they only sucked because they were shoved in our faces and forgotten
I didn't mind the characters but this is probably the right move overall.
>End story when everyone dies during Italy arc
Italy sucked, Nurahiyon was the last good Alien Arc.

That sounds terrifying. Can autism really evolve to such levels?

Updated

Normally I ignore spam bait and raids but this is an anime I like and it sucks that they're false flagging with it

After watching the first 3 episodes of Gantz, I wanted to die. It's such a boring anime. Don't know about the manga, nor do I care.

Well I guess that answers my previous question about it. Was the animation good at least?

Damn son.

Found it.

Really didn't like the artstyle eiter.

>you'll never be someones daki
why live

Oh well.

SIDES

IN

ORBIT

Might as well post part 2.

Dunno if the document still exists and cba to check, but this went down as the most austistic thing ever witnessed on this site.

The anime would probably just piss you off if you've already read the manga. They take a lot of liberties with the characterizations, get a bunch of shit outright wrong, and then after the third mission, they just do their own thing as a 4th mission and end it. The 4th mission is retarded and contradicts pretty much everything, by the way. Don't watch it.

>utv city
>utv minigold
i feel like it has to be a joke that got out of hand

What on earth?

>Had violence, wicked aliens, babes, and a MC who (though took a while) stopped being a little bitch unlike some others.

dude

bro

sick man

fuckin sick bro

nice

I have a copy of it saved.

Yup.

user I believe in preserving things as well, but holy shit why?

The bigger question is, did UTV stop posting?

just ask yourself this
how many people die daily and for how many years was the project active? the author had no idea how he would continue the series after the first arc when he made the pilot and such.

Because the archiver must be remembered.

The very mechanism of the Gantz project and the later reveal of it's purpose just screams !Genius!.

I mean, past first arc, I just gave up and let the author get away with this shit.

basically you can see his true value in Inuyashiki, just like Gantz, if it came many years ago, I expect it would have been praised like hell

>hating on cherry and his sensei
Nah, fuck you, man. That shit don't fly.

Gantz was only good till Museum mission, then it turned to shit.

They were in all honesty the only reason for me to try finish Gantz. I really liked them.

>wtf
>blogging
>not willing to devote time to his hobby
>mangareader
>likes Gantz
Fuck off, newfag.