Do japanese really eat dogs?

Do japanese really eat dogs?

I've never gotten why humans cannot eat dogs. Give me 1 good reason why dogs should not be treated as livestock like chickens and cows. Hell, the Chinese used to eat Pandas.

This desu.

Maybe it's because they aren't as big as livestock except for chickens and that dogs have other uses than to eat.

>2 years
>wears the same shit

I thought that was just a Chinese thing. Japanese do it too?

Dogs are useful. Only savage animals can't use a dog for something other than food.

No, but there are substantial Korean and Chinese minorities in some parts of Japan, and a few of them do.

Because dogs are dogs and livestock are livestock.
Humans are a tribal species, and we domesticated the wolf and bred it into the dog and in doing so, made it part of the tribe.

Mainland Chinese are also totally subhuman, so they're not a good metric for ethics.

Name one thing a dog can do that a pig can't.

Raising carnivorous animals for food is ludicrously inefficient.
Also, because the brains of most people with any degree of European ancestry are hard wired to consider dogs adorable family members, not food.

Is that a trick question or are you just retarded?

Retrieve ducks.

Alright, and what about the vast majority of dogs that aren't trained to catch or retrieve?

They love us

Humans created dogs as helpers and companions and livestock as a source of food and other materials. It's like asking why don't we sleep on tables. You could, but they were not made for that purpose.

And so another livestock.

You know pigs are smarter than dogs

Cows couldnt care less about whoever is feeding them
Dogs love us, you dont eat the one creature that loves men unconditionally, not even women do that.

They're domesticated animals.

Women eat [spoiler/]your soul.[/spoiler]

No. They eat alive frogs in some places though.

>Humans are a tribal species, and we domesticated the wolf and bred it into the dog and in doing so, made it part of the tribe.
Yes, and? They are still animals.

Let me rephrase, then.
Is it okay to eat people?