2012 last good year

Will we ever have a year like 2012 again?

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Nisemonogatari
Another
Highschool DxD
Mouretsu Pirates
Fate/Zero
Hyouka
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
Nazo no Kanojo X
Joshiraku
Kokoro Connect
Shinsekai yori
Zetsuen no Tempest
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
GuP
JoJo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDpNFh-DeiA
youtube.com/watch?v=2CFQj1W49xU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Luluko, sakamoto, jojo, boku dake ga inai machi and possibly upcoming Berserk.

Not even close to 2012 unless Berserk manages to be absolutely amazing.

More than half or those are shit or nothing special.
If you want a real good year you have to go back to 2010 or 2008.

>2010
?
There was angel beats, which I can't say I thought was really good, simply enjoyed it for the characters. The obvious P&S and then possibly Imouto. Maybe katanagatari and durarara if you want to push it.
Hardly an excellent year.

>inb4 seikon no titties.

2006 was the best year
Prove me wrong.

what's a real good year

Madoka
Steins Gate
Nichijou
Fate Zero
Hunter x hunter remake
Usagi Drop
Meiro no Croisee
Chihayafuru
Hourou Musuko
Hyouge Mono
Hanasaku Iroha
Gosick
Tiger & Bunny
Yuru Yuri
Mawaru Penguindrum
Level E
Anohana

I agree fall 2012 was the best season in a long time and nothing cane close to it recently.Zetsune no trmpest,my little monster,jojo heck every show in that season was good.I was waiting for years to see tempest animated and Bones did great

>The obvious P&S and then possibly Imouto
Of all the good shows from 2010 and you name this trash. Lurk more.

f/s night
higurashi
black lagoon
haruhi (you can be a contrarian memelord about this one all day lomg)
n.h.k.
code geass

Honestly it was a good year because of what it started with code geass alone. It could have been the only show to air in 06 and it woul still have been one of the best years.

Ika Musume?
Sora no Woto?

sorry didn't follow anime that closely in 2010, only watched a few.
Not them btw.

>good shows of 2010
but user there aren't any, 2010 was a lost year.

Agreed. 2008 was godly.

Tempest showed what good music can do for an anime.

>he puts 2008 in the same sentence as 2010
Why? 08 was good, '10 might as well not have been airing anything new, waste of production time.

I will not spoonfeed you.

I am not asking you to, I was there in 2010, I watched the shows, most was trash, nothing was good and only some shows watchable enough to pass the time with. One of the worst years of the last decade.
The only reasons I can imagine for liking 2010 are if you either really like echi shows or are a massive raildex fan.

>2012 was good

It had fun, but nah.

Sora no Woto.

That's about it.

2010 wasn't that great. Was no '07.

How is 2010 compared to 2015? Which year was better?

ZnT was complete shit, the only good characters were the cake and japanese peter parker.

The issue with 2015, we are too close to it to see it without being bias. Granted we are all bias as most of the Sup Forumsnons is from the 06 era as not many exist from 05 and before. I hope most of the Sup Forumsnons are from 06. I don't to be an dying breed.

2010: surprisingly strong for it's low output
2011: more great titles than the average year
2012: less great titles than 2011, but more anime (and more good anime) overall
2013: surprisingly poor for it's large output of titles
2014: many great new shows, and many absolutely cancerous new shows
2015: not a particularly stand-out year
2016: not a particularly stand-out year

Anime burned out in 2014. It needs saving again.

>cake
There was no loli in ZnT. Unless you count side characters.

Trying too hard user.

2013 was the best year of the decade in my opinion.
2014 has the most "masterpieces" of any year this decade.
2015 has Eupho which I liked more than anything in 2012
2016 is shaping up nicely with some heavy hitters on the horizon.

>2014 has the most "masterpieces" of any year this decade.
>I found Sup Forums last year; the post

Anime fans have been shitting on moe since the mid 90s. Nothing ever changes, does it? It's almost comforting, in a way.

If you're trying to prove me wrong, you probably don't realise that anime was pretty much dead in 1994.

And got saved the next year.

What would you pick then, tough guy?

>06

Assumed most came at the '07-'08.

Very few of the dark masterpieces came out in the early 90s. They had a point here, the early 90s were mostly kawaii stuff. But then Evangelion saved anime. This doesn't contradict what he said at all, he realized we are in the same situation as we were in the early 90s, and recognized that Evangelion saved anime, and think that, when we are in this same situation once again, the solution might be the same too, an anime to save anime.

Summer 2011 was my favorite season (don't know about what year is best, that's kind of hard imo)

Yuru Yuri
Idolm@ster
Nichijou
Baka and Test S2
Carnival Phantasm
Steins;Gate

And those are just the ones I watched. I know Kaiji (season 2 aired that season), Usagi Drop and Ro-Kyu-Bu! still get discussed around here. Wish I was on Sup Forums for that season

2007 and 2008 were fantastic years for anime. Waiting for a year to top those.

Don't forget Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
It's not the greatest masterpiece of all time, but worth watching.
Mawaru Penguindrum, which is pretty popular, also aired that season.
+ a few more spring leftovers

Wasn't 2012 called the worst year at the time?

no

Aside from Mysterious Girlfriend X, it was painfully mediocre. In my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=NDpNFh-DeiA

Headphones
Volume upupup
Enjoy your frisson
Thank me later

> Zetsuen no Tempest
> Another
> Kore wa Zombie
> Good

Something tells me 2012 was the year you started watching anime.

2008 was the last really good year we had.

>Kore wa Zombie
>bad

Another was a terrible show but watching it with Sup Forums made it a lot of fun.

Completely in his own world, amazing.

>another
>bad
>2016 reaction gif
Stop trying so hard to hide your new. Another was one of the better shows to watch with Sup Forums as it aired.

Generic battle harem.
(though only watched the first season)

It may be good for what it is, but it isn't anything special. The currently current season always has something equal that you can watch instead, for the watching with Sup Forums.

>Generic battle harem
>I never watched the show

> It was fun to watch people shit on it so it was a good show

Are you retarded? The reason why people could talk shit about it was because the show was terrible, just like Mayoiga.

>Zetsuen no Tempest
>bad
It had its flaws, but calling it bad is just bad bait.
GOAT music
Great character design
Great VA
Plot engaging enough to hold ones interest if you go along with some of its sillier aspects.

Honestly the whole uroboros, tree of life, genesis, exodus etc. got sort of silly, choose one and stick to it.

The uroboros "the start is the end and the end is the start" aspect of aika+haze was done pretty well, but they gloss over it in favour of some shitty tree of exodus vs genesis bs that makes very little sense.

Still, any anime that uses Beethoven's Tempest can't be considered all bad.

You clearly don't understand the difference between shit and a trainwreck. Why are you even posting here plebbit?

>xD

back to pleddit please

>Great character design
>Plot engaging enough

Are you serious?

>any anime that uses Beethoven's Tempest can't be considered all bad
>any anime that uses public domain shit can't be bad

Have you seen Mars of Destruction?

>I didn't watch the anime so I am talking out of my ass; the post.
Don't bother denying it, it is painfully obvious.

It wouldn't matter because the character designs don't actually require you to watch the show. The music as well since it's not original.

The plot wasn't engaging enough to watch it past three episodes.

> plebbit

Oh man, sick burn

> Trainwrecks == Good

Trying too hard to not look like a retard. It's not working.

>completely adapted and orchestrated by a professional composer purely for the anime
>hurdur public domain shit
You should consider doing things to yourself.

>upcoming Berserk
You can't be serious. YOU CAN'T BE FUCKING SERIOUS!

>I am going to mirror insults
kek

>It wouldn't matter because the character designs don't actually require you to watch the show. The music as well since it's not original.
When are we going to get rid of all these ESL fags?

The music actually is an original orchestration, but hey, anything for a (you) right?

>any anime that uses public domain shit can't be bad
It is all original user-kun, either original composition or original orchestration depending on what piece it is you are talking about.

I'd call it a mediocre show.

It has plenty of other flaws like the pacing, the cartoonish villains of the first arc, that blonde guy who's sole porpouse is to say "Yes, those are her bones", characters gaining and losing traits whenever the plot needs them. Hakaze pretty much got re-written entirely halfway through the show and of course the awful quotes.

Not to mention the show keeps going on about how "It's a tragedy where nobody dies" while we had one dead from the start and 1 billion people die because of the actions of the main cast.

It's just like Kiznaiver ( not a surprise that Okada worked on ZnT ) Take a simple idea ( the love triangle in this case ) then jam a bunch of inconsecuential shit on it to stretch it, then resolve it all in two episodes and come to the obvious conclucion.

The way the industry manages itself now and has doubled down on building shows around event tickets and selling Blu Rays in what is clearly a declining market with each passing year I severely doubt it. Industry has gone full playing it safe mode and regressed towards pandering only to whales in Japan. People might have noticed by the general tone of the fanbase nowadays but it's just not a very fun or interesting medium anymore.

Still though, the music.

Production wise is amazing, there's no denying that,it looks and sounds great, that's why I'd say it's mediocre since it helps with how terrible the writting is, which is kind of ironic since it sure likes to prettend it's like Shakespeare.

Kind of like Bungou Stray Dogs has all that bullshit about writters and the writting in the show is crap.

>GOAT music
It was the biggest garbage I've heard, that opening was beyond trash.

People have had this attitude since before Sup Forums existed and since before you were likely even born. Basically since anime has exited people have been winging about it.

Japan isn't interested in what our niche board likes, ask a moon what anime he likes or used to watch and 9 out of 10 will answer with doraemon, shinchan&co. Then ask your average otaku what show he likes and 9 out of 10 will answer with "moeshitshow X". Only when you ask someone from the west will you get answers like Death Note, GitS, Akira etc.. Those sort of anime have a very tiny niche in Japan, Eva was really the first anime of that "kind" that got a wide audience in Japan, watched as a dinnertime show for the entire family.

Basically your argument always boils down to "japan doesn't like what I like".

>DxD
>Pirates
>Another
>Kanojo X
>Soft

I take it you started watching anime in 2012 and consider it the golden age?

Why is it that when moons decide to use mythology or religious themes they have to throw 2 dozen unrelated ones together to create one massive mess of a story that makes no sense one way or another. The tree of life/genesis would have been fine, just keep it at that and base the story around it, but no, before we reach the end we have even touched upon alien weaponry.

Why do they have to hamfist all these different ideas together until you can't tell where one ends and the next one starts? It's like the Ouroboros of ideas, themes and motives.

Why Japanese people? Why? Why can't you just pick ONE and make it work.

>Calling Beethoven orchestrations trash
Unless you are flyfishing the idea of bait is for it to be subtle.

Half the stuff you listed there is absolute trash. 2013 was a better year, 2014 was roughly the same, 2016 is shaping up to be the best year since 2009.

>hyouka
>good

>I don't enjoy watching shows together with Sup Forums, the post
All the shows you mentioned were great because of the ridiculous shit they spawned on Sup Forums.
Remind us all why you are here again?

They probably think that since it worked for the Fate series it'll always work.

>this thread
>75 replies
>no fucking mention of Jinrui anywhere
Fuck y'all

>I think something is good because I had fun doing something else
Nigger

> I judge anime based on it's memes
Remind us all why you are here again?

>Why Japanese people? Why?
youtube.com/watch?v=2CFQj1W49xU

I'm not going to argue because it's been years since I saw it and I don't remember enough to actually make points, but I will point out that blaming Okada for the overall plot is really fucking silly, since it's a manga adaptation.

The alien weaponry shit was just characters speculating, wasn't it? I'm also pretty sure that was supposed to be a reference to Vampire Juujikai by the same mangaka.

Which is why I said worked, not wrote

Not to mention she's just the series compositor. People just don't know what staff roles are.
They blamed Okada for the dead grandma in Koufuku Graffiti.

It was in-universe speculation, the show itself never tells you what the trees really are or even hints about them. I think that black haired girl says something like "Maybe they are aliens, nobody knows"

Please kill yourself normalfag

I actually don't know what a series compositor does specifically, and I've asked before about Okada but no one's answered. Please help.

Yeah, but you're blaming her for major aspects of the manga (assuming that "inconsequential shit" is mostly about the supernatural elements and macro-scale plot). Unless you wanted her to go full anime original, she's really not at fault for it.

Series Composer=intermediary for the production committee that also answers directly too them and translates their requests into scripts as best they can. Very few of them have any sort of special writing talent or knack for anything in particular, they just serve as pluggers because the industry trusts them not to rock the boat and they usually have some sort of name recognition to go by as well. It's been a long time since a person charged with writing scripts has had a majority say over them though.

This doesn't sound right, source besides your ass?

Okada as a writter likes drama and people crying. Her shows tend to include fake deaths and life threatening situations that end in nothing. Obligatory crying episode. Endings tend to be shit.

A series compositor works with the director and storyboarder (sometimes the director does all three). It's the one in charge of giving screentime.

I'm saying she copied the same "formula" of the show and then used it again in her works like Kiznaiver and WIXOSS

>Okada as a writter likes drama and people crying. Her shows tend to include fake deaths and life threatening situations that end in nothing. Obligatory crying episode. Endings tend to be shit.
That still doesn't magically make her to blame for shit that's in the manga.

Oh, that makes more sense, although it seems a bit iffy, because love triangles with other stuff on top isn't exactly a novel or even very specific series concept.

Read the second paragraph. She isn't the writter of that

this

>Kokoro connect

shit thread

Tasogare fucking sucks

2012 was probably the worst year in the last 10 years.

Obviously, the day time shit that's been running for years like Detective Conan, Sazae-San, Precure, Doraemon etc is the stuff every day Japanese people actually know and that fact seems to freak Sup Forums out because they have this wannabe elitist board culture that tries to reject anything it sees as too "normal". Of course this what this really leads to is people looking like fucking idiots, shitposting and having no idea what they are fucking talking about. There's just no way around it being what it is.

Anyway no my argument doesn't boil down to that, it boils down to the opinion that the late night anime industry that fills the bulk of what most online Western fans watch now is fucking recycled garbage that only lasts 12 episodes typically and is summarily forgotten about in the next seasons turnover but they continue to consume it all nonetheless and reject the more accessible day time stuff that is actually built to last because HURR DURR Normalfags bad. It's only when you can take a step back from all the bullshit and shitposting in what now passes for the Western anime fanbase online that you can see how things really are and what's going on but good luck ever convincing anybody of it because of the stubborn contrarian undercurrent that runs through the community.

Again it just is what it is and no doubt my pointing this out absolutely outrages people but then just about anything makes this community lose it's shit so I'll keep saying it, it is what it is.

2013 the goat year of the 10s:

Ai Mai Mii
Aiura
Aku no Hana
Death Billiards
Inferno Cop
Kick Heart
Kill la Kill
Kyousougiga
Little Witch Academia
Love Lab
Love Live