What does Sup Forums think of Welcome to the N.H.K.?

What does Sup Forums think of Welcome to the N.H.K.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eht8_rhVMOs
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=675127
youtube.com/watch?v=nRpSRP0l4bo
youtube.com/watch?v=LVZVilQ4CM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Masterpiece.

Underrated gem.
Pretty obscure though, doubt any anons have seen it.

"Everything looks and works better in 2D: the Anime"

Anime > Light Novel > Manga
The anime does a lot more than the light novel covers, so even though the light novel does better with it covers, being the source and all, it simply isn't enough. The manga just goes completely silly by the end. Each of the three versions are essentially their own works, as they don't have that much in common, even though the writer for all three was the same.

"why is there nothing else like this?"

>Pretty obscure though, doubt any anons have seen it.
I bet you think anything that isn't from this decade is "obscure." Just kidding, anything not within the last year. Then again, maybe anything not currently airing is to you.

No?

I preferred the novel, but all iterations are enjoyable. I wish there were more like it, yes there are shows with NEETs but they all become social butterflies after the first episode.

You are confusing NEET with hikikomori.

It was ok. Having never been a NEET, I found Sato to be an idiot most of the time; I couldn't stand his self-sabotaging tendencies after he had the gall to appear smart for a moment.

It is also fucking sad that people want a Mikasa or something like her. I guess I am not pathetic enough to relate. Which is probably going to lose me some sekrit club ponts

I've only seen the anime, but it was alright.

>not having self-sabotaging tendencies
>implying being on Sup Forums isn't a self-sabotaging tendency.

Maybe you get off on sucking the farts of smelly old people.

You don't? You're really missing out then.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=Eht8_rhVMOs

Real good book. Less good anime and manga. Still decent, though.

Love the opening.

the pyramid scheme arc made me furious at their own ineptitude.

Very good show except for that part with the pyramid scheme. Not just the budget going to zero but the overall arc was horrible.
Everything else was very well done.

story of my life. on first watch I really into Satou. 2nd time around the other characters, especially Hitomi, got me.

So much
>holy shit this is a scheme!
>no no, it isn't I swear
>alrighty, well that's that I guess, I guess we should also buy large boxes of worthless product while we're at it :D
Just, holy shit. Why?

Plus that other teenage NEET being a worthless shit but having read all those self help books made it very hard to accept his bullshit.

Watched, got depressed, got to rethinking life...

And years later I'm still in the same exact situation.

Just gave up.

>No kiss between Sato and Misaki
What the hell man?

I am not socially-stunted or otherwise. Don't buy into the whole waifuism thing (2D>3D). Maybe my taste suffers a bit because I know how contrived and trope-filled anime is; essentially, what was once niche is now the norm. But I have nonetheless, don't you?

>have fun nonetheless

What happens at the end of the manga?

If we ignore the pyramid scheme arc, it was pretty good.

It's not a perfect representation of a robot NEET since Satou isn't a virgin by the start of the series. Still at least a 7/10 though.

Also
>leaves his house regularly
>"""""""""""hikikomori""""""""""

Really hits home with me

He moves back in with his parents, his mother catches him masturbating, he runs off to an abandoned building that is being destroyed and is there with Misaki. They profess their love for each and escape the building while it is being destroyed. He returns to parents, stops being a NEET and becomes a regular guy in a regular job. Misaki magically resolves all of her problems and graduates from high school. They pledge themselves to each other to be together forever. Happy End.

user you can b8 harder. I'm disappointed in you.

I think it's really amusing that the author wrote that it's semi-autobiographical.

I'm pretty sure it starts with him leaving his house for the first time in ages, doesn't it? Either way, fuck off with your """"""""" and robot bullshit.

Fuck off, Chad.

Tomoko one friend just like Misaki.

Jesus christ fuck off to /r9k/

You're trying to appear smart just like Sato. You have more in common with him then you realize.

Stick a goat head up your ass and fuck off to

i liked it. i could relate to Satou to an extend but, there were times Satou was so dumb or delusional it became cringy and hard to watch. you have to be a special kind of retard to be like satou.

Mikasa was a real cunt in the end but, i forgave her.

9/10 anime about anons
no 10/10 because he got friends and went from home

just accept you fate and become a wage slav.

now that part i can relate too. i want to leave my safe space but im to afraid for all the unknowns.

It's not that I don't want to. It's that you can't have even that in my area. Or pretty much anywhere else in my country.

where you from?

I just finished the novel not too long ago. It was decent, but I think the show did it better

>Wage slav
Is it like being a wage slave but more drunk?

Posting best girl

It was my favorite anime and I loved is at a non neet with a job.
>Now no more comfy job
>NEET for 2 years
>Have to redo a year of HS to get enough grades for college
Can't watch this show anymore without feeling like shit.

Therefore more fun!

I wish the novel had more of the senpai girl, Ibet she was super hot in the anime and I've loved a few students older than me, so I could relate. Fucking sucks having someone you greatly respect and care for graduate and go to college, leaving you alone.

It was great. Misaki surprised me due to how fucked up she was.

Anyone got that ost for when he tried to punch her?

I enjoyed the realistic ending. All his friends leave. He has to work a shitty job he hates. His GF is a fucking plain nutjob.

It was definitely a surprise when she [/spoiler] decided to try to kill herself [/spoiler]. Though here attachment to Satou and her obsession with contracts should have been a pretty big red flag in retrospect. Talking about the novel here btw.

This is very true

There's a lot of overlap and they share all the same tendencies. Why don't you actually contribute to my thread instead of being needlessly nitpicky to feel better about yourself?

just CTRL+S
and quit smoking so much weed

DELETE THIS

apologies, senpai.

Daijobu

One of the best out there. Bought the novel right after I watched it

Not really.

What a baby. There is no need to throw a tantrum.

>my thread

Oh boy, here we go.

I bet you're the guy who unironically replies with Light in "Characters that are literally you" threads.

If you like Welcome to the N.H.K your gonna love watamote it only anime/manga like Welcome to the N.H.K.

You're a newfag, one of the worst at that.

I don't indulge in projecting myself unto anime characters, and I have never watched Meme Note.

Most people on Sup Forums know about it, but you're not too far off the mark considering it's fucking impossible to find good subs or rips for it anywhere. They've like dropped off the face of the earth

Why are you here exactly?

I've never seen anyone try to appear this cool while appearing completely retarded than this person in my entire life

Good, now newfags like OP will never get to see it so they can try to 'fit in'. I have it and i'll never seed it either so go fuck yourself OP.

Literally scared me into finding a job

To laugh.

Everyone too pussfi now to watch both Welcome to the N.H.K and watamote.

I've only read the manga. Hearing that all three versions are different in their own ways makes me want to get at them all.

A great show that made me laugh, cry, and everything else.

It also helped me realize my paranoia and self-sabotaging tendencies

Thought it would help improve me but it's only edged me closer to killing myself

You'll realize you're wasting your time when you realize that spending your life laughing at other people pretty much makes you lower than them.

Why don't you already know what Sup Forums thinks of NHK?

Oh right.

>believing that laughing at other people makes you lower than them

what a strong projection

is nico tanigawa really Tatsuhiko Takimot ?

You mean like this? nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=675127

It's too bad all the ost got taken off Youtube. I used to have a playlist of it all.

This is all you need
youtube.com/watch?v=nRpSRP0l4bo

>People sent us pictures of penises over their internet...

>Not just japanese people, but people from all across the world, sent us penises.

MC was a gay beta

he could have banged dat ass but he didnt

I don't always laugh at others. Schadenfreude doesn't make me laugh, so much as make me happy (again, this is not exclusive to Sup Forums; I don't even know you people).

It's shit, after about four to five episodes I finally dropped it.

I think it's really sad that the novel's first afterword says "it's semi-autobiographical but now I'm gonna do my best" and the second says "it's been several years and I'm still a damn NEET"

Its something that would never get made nowadays cause its not exactly flattering and patronizing in how it treats the whole NEET thing.

Have a wallpaper and best song my friends
youtube.com/watch?v=LVZVilQ4CM8

Another non-conformist on Sup Forums? Wow!

Everyone thinks this post is serious holy shit

Why did they cut the drug subplot out of the anime?

I'm in love with Misaki-chan!

I want her to denigrate me! I want her to step on my dick, while she calls me a virgin NEET loser!

That song has helped me through a lot of times, surprisingly.