What's the red pill on anti-psychotic pills?

My psychiatrist started me on 5-mg daily of Zyprexa (Olanzapine) today. Will these ruin me?

Other urls found in this thread:

orthomolecular.org/history/hoffer/index.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirtazapine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unless you REALLY need them, stay the fuck away. If you do need them though, prepare to become a fatass.

Read the Bible

You think a 2-week trial is OK?

I read the bible all the time. That's what has inspired my "delusion". (I do not think I have a delusion.)

What, did you tell him the truth? Or worse, tell her the truth?

Maybe it's not people going crazy...........

Maybe the world is insane.

I didn't get very far. I told him about my basic truth but he stopped me there and said it was a "phenomenal delusion". I think it was more of my lifestyle and career history that got me on it.

if Sup Forums considers adhd fake why would they consider bi polar real?

Yes. I took antipsychotics and they actually turned me psychotic (dissociation, hallucinations, derealization). Never even had psychotic symptoms before that.

If it keeps me essentially the same but permits me to effect my agenda in the world, then I'm fine with that. I don't want it to change who I know I am tho.

Damn, that's fucked up he couldn't even hear you out. What did you tell him?

None of these are "real" they are just a society describing behaviors and human conditions that run contrary to its conventions and endeavors.

From personal experience, stay the fuck away from that shit. Pills made me suicidal and I spent a week in a psych ward. Unless you are clinically, chronically depressed, don't fuckin do it. Bouts of depression aren't uncommon and can be overcome with friends, family, willpower, and gumption.

Avoid pills. Trust me.

t. ex-manic depressive

I told him about how my kind were made with bodies to find each other down here in order to accomplish a higher purpose, namely, the immortality and eternal life of man.

But then how are they not real?, if they cause someone to be basically non functional in western society

You're chemically altering your thoughts. What you think about and how you think about it is disturbed and altered. Especially the unconcious functions of your brain such as reproductional functions, thus you will not notice the biggest alterations. Unless you are disturbed with delusions to such a point that you cannot enjoy daily life and at the same time, you are not able to fix these issues without chemicals. You should not take it.

Because maybe it is society that is non-functional.

That's cool, what are your kind?

OP is a fucking faggot retard.
"Will ani-psychs fuck me up?" First, tell us what you need it for, degenerate.

Verybody experiences it in a different way. You need to take it for 1-2 months to see the full effect, side effects will prob go away.
They didnt make me fat Iwas a little tired but at the same time I was a paranoid retard with no sleep so it can be that. They didnt help but later my problems solved without meds.

Yes they are not healthy, you might get fatter (but not much if you eat well) yes you might get tired or a bit more anxious but if you have a serious case you need to try that shit cause it will make you okay. It might not work and then they put you on a different one, dont give up, nothing to lose with trying it.

I'll try it for 2 weeks. What others call delusions are good to me. But I am not able to push the agenda behind my "delusions" currently, and wondering if this will help me bridge the gap I feel between my "delusion" and society. We'll see...

Really? That's odd, considering it's supposed to allievate symptoms like that.

I'm bipolar and it's really making my life miserable. I don't know what else to do.

Bipolar has been validated by brain scans.

Yes, that's essentially true. But advances in technology are helping us better understand the neurological basis for these behaviors.

It seems to me that people with adhd have far less tolerance for boredom, most jobs are boring, are you saying they should drop out of society

The Nephilim. The fallen angels, or Sons of God, who reproduce with the daughters of men. The only real men in politics.

That drug is junk. What are the withdrawal complications? Some pills kill you quitting.

They are used to counter psychotic symptoms. Some folks with major depressive disorder or schizoaffective cannot function without the assistance of medication. The meds should obviously not be used by someone without those symptoms or diagnoses. If you have ever met someone who regularly has psychotic episodes, they will tell you that these meds allow them to live outside of the hospital and maintain relationships and are essential to their life.

Prepare to gain a lot of weight, hyperlipidemia and diabetes. I recommend abilify instead tbqh.

That's pretty cool. Any pro tips for me? I'm pretty sure I'm human, would I know if I was something cool like you?

He doesn't know what it's for yet. Says he can't make a diagnosis until I have been off alcohol for 3 months at least. He's trying this to get me to that point then decide. Says I have delusion. Thinks I could be manic, bipolar I, "schizo" cluster 1 personality disorders but not schizophrenia. I don't have hallucinations. Thx for the input.

I gained like 20 kg taking 10 mg daily over a year. I've been taking olanzapine for two years now. It's a pretty shit deal but it's better than seeing unreal things.

Dont listen to fags saying "but thats a chemical altering your mind", if you have mental illness you need a med that helps.
Yes you might see those comments how it made people feel shit, but my pdoc told me she prescribed it to a lot of people and thhey were OK so dont freak out, if you feel shitty you will stop.

Go take the meds, if you feel shit consult your doc and thats it

I take mirtazapine 30mg and quetiapine 100mg everyday for major depression, anxiety, insomnia and drug/alcohol addiction. I'd usually not take the anti-psychotic but I am so desperate I am willing to try it, been taking it for almost a month.

If you have to take an anti-psychotic it's either because you are a schizo or you got severe depression or severe something else.

I've heard my psychiatrist mention Olanzapine and it's usually reserved for patients with severe schizophrenia, why are you taking it?

I hate taking quetiapine, it makes me sleepy after 3 hours but I feel uncomfortable, disoriented like if I can't move. I'd advise you do exercise unless you want to be fat. I was in the psych ward and all the patients that I saw that took anti-psychotic for long periods of times were fat, no exception.

Also my shrink is "free", he's an addictionist too which is a plus.

if you want to end up with involuntarily movements (Tardive Diskenesia) take them..

The decision to drop out of society is personal. For some people, it is not even a decision, but who they are. I can only speak for myself.

You should only take them in enema or suppository form.

Nobody unstable enough to be prescribed olanzapine would be on this board talking about their "delusions."

Y'all are getting trolled.

Hey, troll, next time google "word salad," imitate that, and make each of your comments at least 500 words long.

Also, directly addressing others' comments is another dead giveaway. Your comments have to sound like they're only tenuously connected to what's being said.

Addendum: olanzapine, although primarily an antipsychotic, is also sometimes prescribed in very low doses as a mood stabilizer.

Also, it went off-patent a few years ago, so nobody calls it zyprexa anymore.

That's what I'm really afraid of myself. That's why I always refused to take them. And I was convinced they would turn me into a permanent zombie.

These won't kill you quitting. I think just agitation, maybe. And perhaps a rebound of the symptoms the treatment was able to address.

why wouldn't someone drop out of society if everything is naturally more difficult for them

OP don't take that shit, I've been on it all and it just fucks your head up more

You need to
>stop drinking soda
>stop eating shitty food
>take vitamins
>ride a bike or walk for an hour a day or more
>stop taking drugs like weed and stuff
>start vaping
this will cure your mental disorders

if you are really bad then do the "chicken bone broth" diet, it cures children of autism.

Vaping? why are you saying nicotine is essential to mental well being

I got 5150'ed and forced to take Navane

I took it only a couple of times until another victim showed me a guy shaking and told me about TD being caused by the antipsych drugs so i started going into the bathroom after being dispensed the meds and spitting them into the toilet.

Psyfag here.

>I think it was more of my lifestyle and career history that got me on it.
Explain this further.

How much do you drink? Alcohol has really unpredictable effects with that drug.

You wouldn't know until you remembered. We were made this way so that despite forgetting our pre-mortal existence when we were born and passed thru the veil, we would still be able to find each other down here. By finding each other down here, we were able to understand our struggle and remind each other who we are and remember our function or purpose and accomplish it. I cannot tell you if you are like me, but if you work to "know thyself" then you will receive your answer and be guided aright.

I don't know what to do.

What did you see? Thank you.

Blocks dopamine. Which in turn blocks the release of prolactin. Which causes manboobs.

So if you block the hormone that keeps prolactin in check you’ll get man boobs.

Are you schizophrenic? Or were you started on that bullshit drug for “depershun” that doesn’t answer to Ssris?
T. Cuban doctor.

>stop taking drugs like weed and stuff
>start vaping
>>vaping

what did you mean by this?

Dont eat em.. they fuk u up
T. goverment give me these pills

how much time can you take anti-psychotics without getting manboobs? my shrink just keeps telling me to ignore that but I know it makes you eventually fat. I barely eat junk food and I go to the gym and do exercise daily, starting this month.

>why are you taking it?
He doesn't have a diagnosis yet. He chose this bc it's not as dangerous as other drugs and you can't overdose on it. I'm not suicidal or depressed but he doesn't like that I drink a lot. He wants me to quit drinking (been sober 2 weeks) and will see me in another 2 then go from there.

I knew a guy who had legit schizophrenia.. I'd see him storming down the street banging his ears with his fists screaming at the voices to shut up. I guess if you;re in that bad shape its the only way to have any relief .. I would research nutrients which can support brain health

Look into Abram Hoffer and otheomolecular treatment .. he recommends mega-doses of certain vitamins like Niacin

orthomolecular.org/history/hoffer/index.shtml

I had a gf who took them and some called abilify I guess...tough shit, severe bipolar case, could be crying to dancing in seconds...those were the only ones that kept her in control

Wasn't clear to me when I read up on it whether that is a temporary or permanent condition caused by these antipsychotics. Would 2 weeks trial still put me at risk?

REKT

I really can't afford to get fatter. It's starting to get unsightly.

I don't think I'll take it.

I quit taking them 8 years ago and parts of my body still twitch. They are fucking poison and damage your body forever.

I still have recall issue's due to that drug.

What about taking Risperdal so you can grow boobs?

...yeah fuck you

Never trust a psychiatrist OP. They are crooks and just want to test out their retard drugs on you, whether they think you need it or not. This is how they make money. They will fuck you up. They will alter the chemistry of your brain, and to the point where you will become truly dependent on some weird drug.

>my basic truth
I dunno senpai, maybe you should give these pills a try

if its caused by the meds as far as I know its permenant but I honestly never investiagted healing from it

I didn't develop it and assume it takes a while on them reg to get it

if you're being forced to take something insist they use anything that does the least long term harm.. if they think you are unaware they have no reason to think you;d care if you end up with this problem..

I don't have a diagnosis. I think he is just using it as a mood stabilizer for the interim.

was prescribed risperidone. took them for a month and stopped. just made me drowsy
but
do not. i repeat, do NOT exceed the recommended dose
got some shit called tardive dyskensia where my jaw basically locked shut and i started bleeding. shit was a disaster movie.
shit drugs imo

Right? That's what I'ms aying.

Does that box of stuff really turn you into a retard?

Listen to this leaf hes a good man!

hey buddy
who put you in that psych ward
friends & family i'm willing to bet
you well behaved now?
spin and hug lol

Two weeks will not put you at risk for tardive dyskinesia.

are those for retards?

I'm a literal alcoholic myself. Mirtazapine, which is an anti-depressant, has helped me a lot, it helps for anxiety.

Olanzapine is a strong anti-psychotic, usually reserver for severely crazy people, I'd change shrinks if I was you, or at least take a second opinion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirtazapine

>The use of mirtazapine has been explored in several additional conditions:
>Drug withdrawal, dependence and detoxification

That "drug" thing includes alcohol. Mirtazapine knocks you and makes you sleep in less than a hour, if you recently stopped drinking most probably you have trouble sleeping. It also makes you hungry, must probably you're malnourished too, drinking everyday for months kills your appetite. I relapsed and lost like 20 pounds in 3 months, and I was already slender.

If you can't quit drinking go to AA or get into rehab. I was you once but I kept fucking up and had to learn the hard way.

yes. the fact they think you are psychotic generally means you are completely sane.

Does anybody have any experience with Latuda? It's a relatively new one.

why did you took them then?

Do you have a history of alcohol/drug use OP?

I see homelessness as an "option" when others say it should not be even an option. I am in my late 20s and have left $70k+ careers, grad school with a year left, without regrets. I think I have a higher purpose to serve for humanity and think that others should pay for my basic needs because I cannot be bothered anymore to spend my time taking care of them. And I'm not drinking while I take these.

Also forgot to mention doctors usually give benzos to alcoholics in recovery, but since you mention you are suicidal your doctor most probably won't prescribe you that. Also benzos are highly addictive, I was/is addicted to them, along with a fuckton other shit.

Dont Eat EM

Im not schizophrenic. I think he started it to stabilize my mood until he can meet with me a few more times and hopefully make a diagnosis in 3 months time. I don't want man boobs. Will they go away when I stop? How long will it take for them to appear? He started me on a two week trial.

Two weeks might not be enough time to notice the effects. If you think you need them, take them. But, make sure you and your prescribing doctor have a treatment plan and a date to start getting off the meds (unless you have a condition that will require ongoing management like schizophrenia). Also, make sure you have a good therapist because the drugs do practally nothing on their own.

>TOPREL RETARD

kek

I take 60mg daily. I think I'm going to switch because although it is highly effective at stopping manic outbursts it kind of makes life suck in general - you know, just, constant anxiety and restlessness. If you think you can handle it go for it but take a lower dose than what I'm doing lol

You loose your hunger, on them pills. that where the man boobs come from

you in iquique?

This one said there was nothing he could do the first time we met. Then he called on a Saturday saying he might have an option. Met again today and due to drinking said he would not feel comfortable prescribing the drug and then finally concluded to try olanzapine for 2 weeks.

I was on anti depressants and anti psychotics for a year and they completely ruined my life. Be careful
user.

I took that when detoxing off of meth, heroin, and other drugs because auditory hallucinations about 10 years ago. The thing i remember is it caused a random buzz feeling.

that's called paradoxical effect and it happened because you didn't need the medication or didn't take it properly

I will

Yeah, that doesn't sound like what I need. I very rarely have manic outbursts now because of the Lamictal I'm taking. If that's all it's going to help with, then it isn't worth the risk of side effects.

My main problems are depression and concentration issues.

I don't see why I can't just incrsase the Lamictal. I'm on a relatively low dose of it. I don't get it.

Do your friends and family think you need to be on meds?

Olanzipine is one of the older antispsychotics with more side effects. Don't know why your shrink would put you on that unless a different one failed.

Make sure you have a clean lifestyle. Sleep, eat properly, exercise, AND NO DRUGS

>make a diagnosis
what has brought you to this? Why are you seeking medical care?

Things I'd recommend are eating Sardines and Salmon which are highest in DHA, drink ample NON FLUORIDATED water and get into the AM Sunshine barefoot as often as possible with as much exposed skin as is possible..

These are irreplaceable elements which are essential and very potent in imparting health to one's body. No MD Rx in a pill will ever be able to do what these can do.

>Olanzapine

FUCK FUCK FUCK user

LISTEN TO ME

I TOOK ZYPREXA FOR 5 YEARS AND NOW I WEIGH 270 POUNDS

DON'T TAKE THAT SHIT

SWITCH TO GEODON

IT DOES THE SAME SHIT ONLY YOU DONT GAIN WEIGHT

Look into dual n back training and meditation

How AM i supposed to not DRINK alcohol, i get literally bored as fuck without it, before i started drinking i was generally horribly depressed and if i quit caffeine i literally go insane and start hitting my head in public

That was Obi Wan talking to you.

Thanks for your story. I was in a salvation army adult rehabilitation center for a week but left after a disagreement with the lower administrators. Plus I just stayed that long because it was kinda nice. Also I think AA is a cult. Good luck.

I agree

I just smash the windows in asylum centers for relief! you should try it!