One of the best uses of visual expression in anime

>One of the best uses of visual expression in anime
>One of the most emotional endings ever made
>Great character design
>Meaningful philosophical themes that avoid being pretentious
You have 10 seconds to explain why Texhnolyze isnt oneof your favourites

Good=//=Favourite

But it is, I even have a wall scroll of it in my room.

I hate the character designs and it looks too dark.

It lost steam between Yoshi's death and the last 4-5 episodes. The final antagonist was pretty bad too. Everything else was great though.

Literally all of these are untrue

It is pretentious.

>Poor pacing
>Poor characters
>Dumb interaction between said characters
>Forced drama at the end
6/10 for me

>Meaningful philosophical themes
I can assure you it doesn't.

I started a tradition of watching it every year around Christmas time.

It's too dark and depressing.

Far too dreary for me to appreciate any semblance of value which might have been in this. Not that there was much, from what I can tell.

So who's looking forward to Hamasaki/orange?

What happened during the entire 1st episode?

>You have 10 seconds to explain why Texhnolyze isnt oneof your favourites

Because it legitimately gave me depression for awhile
I acknowledge it's great
Wouldn't rewatch it though

Atmosphere. Glorious atmosphere my friend, that's what the fuck happened.

Also do you guys also like Shigurui? How is it compared to this?

It is though.

My dick was rock hard as soon as the shapes showed up.

Some main characters go through personal redemtion by the end, such as Onishi and Ichise. Even Shinji. Amazing character development
But yeah, it's pretty bleak, unless you interpret the end to be bittersweet through the character redeeming qualities they went through, as an user once said.

I'm sure the manga is fine. I couldn't make it beyond episode one of the anime. From what I recall there were simply too many still frames and white screens.

Fuck off nigger

dropped episode 10, some user said it gets good literally on the next episode so I am redownloading it now.

Shigurui Manga was great. The anime was shitty though, couldnt finish it

Fuck off, newfriend.

I'm up to ep 16 now, I loved the start but it started dragging a bit after Yoshi died. I think I'm more into watching an amputee fall around than gang fights, but hopefully it picks up soon.

The middle part is the worst. Wait til they go above ground, then you'll understand.

Reminder that the first episode is a masterpiece.

The first episode just waved its art in your face. I dropped it after spending what seemed forever watching a guy bleeding out in the second episode.

I've been wanting to watch this forever but everything makes it sound so ridic morose

Fuck it I'll give the first episode a try and see if it makes me suicidal before sleeping.

>I expect to get a huge emotional response from the first episode and not the whole show!
Get real with those expectations, it's a slow atmospheric anime
You wont enjoy it with a mindset that wants to rush through something
Watch it on a whim

I don't get why this and Lain are the only series that are allowed to be considered "slow and atmospheric" on here where every other show that has a more show-and-not-tell approach is written off as having "nothing happening"

But it is and it's why Madhouse will always be one of my favorite studios for producing this.

Yoshii character was just fucking orgasmic to watch.

The first episode is weird you should give it more than that honestly.

looks like emo nonsense for 16 year olds who just read a wikipedia article about Nietzsche on their ipad

I marathoned it while drunk, continued to drink, and now I don't remember most of it.

Not you again.

Try harder next time, do it even more harder than your precious Texhnoshit did.

I loved the anime, let's get some discussion going, been 6 years since I watched the show, what were Yoshii's motivations for his actions? I remember he murdered some people downstairs and tried to start a gang war to descend the city into chaos, was it all because of how detached living in the upper world made him?

They made ABe work for free

>One of the best uses of visual expression in anime
ABe doing ABe things and some clever references to Edward Hopper certainly do wonders for it. That bleak yet beautiful surface world was the highlight of the series.
>One of the most emotional endings ever made
It didn't affect me all that greatly because I couldn't believe what I was seeing at first, but I get where you're coming from.
>Great character design
As has every work ABe is involved in.
>Meaningful philosophical themes that avoid being pretentious
Arguable. The way every scene was incessantly drawn out felt like the work of someone who insisted that you weren't appreciating each scene hard enough for them to move on to the next. That's borderline pretentious in and of itself.
>You have 10 seconds to explain why Texhnolyze isnt oneof your favourites
Needlessly drawn out middle arc, and an uninspiring gang warfare plot. The ending was great, but it was a slog to get to it. Of the 'great philosophical works' ABe was involved in, I prefer both Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei.

>forced drama
>dark and edgy as fuck
>prententious
>no CGDCT

you fucking what?

Changing my score from 5/10 to 3/10.

Why do people not like the 1st episode?

There must be more

Is this the most normcore character design ever?

It was an interview. ABe said that after 2 years he still had not receive a single yen from the project. I think they were joking around but I dont know

I haven't seen it.

You forgot to mention
>poor as hell characters

Texhnolyze is an ideal show for retards who think dark pseudo-philosophical themes + little to no emotion on the characters = muture show. Ergo Proxy is the same.

No, that's not it. Tex has some interesting themes and can serve perfectly well as a springboard for intellectual discussion. That's not its problem. Its problem is that its pacing runs at a crawl and remains too unfocused to deliver its story with the sort of impact it could have.