Why doesn't anybody like Goten?

Why doesn't anybody like Goten?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtu.be/OpczAzcmJoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's too pure.

I like Goten he's fun I just like other characters more

His only purpose to the show is for fusion fanservice and shotafags.

He's not an actual character like Gohan.

Speaking of Dragon Ball, the last episode of Keit-ai has been released.

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Is Sup Forums finally free of Keit-ai?

I like him. He's adorable. He actually acts like a kid. That's rare in this anime. He's naive and he looks up to Trunks, he idolizes his dad but still listens to his mom, and he likes toys and cute things. I didn't like him at all in Z, but he's really growing on me now that he's more involved in the SoL sections.

>He actually acts like a kid.

Him and Trunks acts like 4 years olds. The average kid around their age grow out of their obsession of toys and candy.

saiyans are eternal manchildren you retard

Use the fucking catalog

They're half-human. Bra and Gohan act like teenagers when they became teenagers.

i like him

as a card, in dokkan battle, at max level, and because i don't have a better teq card

that's really the only thing that makes me like goten, he doesn't really do anything in the anime other than being goku's mini me and one half of gotenks

I like him, I think he's going to make a great villain this arc

>"Wahh why doesn't Sup Forums have constant generals like my home board /vg/"
Eat shit

Goten and Trunks are basically Toriyama's obsession of seeing Goku and Future Trunks into a fusion

He's 12, though. Still a kid. And they're not obsessed with toys and candy. There's nothing wrong with still liking toys and candy at that age. Him and Trunks are just now starting to become interested in girls, so they seem normal to me.

I like Goten.

Just not enough as other characters.

And lets be fucking real, the main reason he even exists is for fusing with Trunks.

This seems like an acceptable description of him.

Except that Bra is fucking 8 years old in GT.

>Except that Bra is fucking 8 years old in GT.
Holy, shit! Seriously? That's precocious as fuck. And that guy who was old enough to drive was hitting on her. In front of her dad. What a hero!

>I like him. He's adorable. He actually acts like a kid. That's rare in this anime.

Goku acts like a kid

So does Buu

and Beerus

None of those characters act like kids. Goku likes getting into fights and training all the time. Buu acts like a manchild. Close, but not quite a kid. Beerus just wants to eat, sleep, and break shit. Literally a cat.

Rice 2: Electric Boogaloo

He's basically Toiryama having his cake and eating it too by creating a duplicate of Kid Goku while still getting to keep Goku an adult.

But I don't really have a problem with that. Goten is cute and funny, and he and Trunks are bros for the ages.

Toriyama created Goten when Goku was supposed to stay dead for real

>I think he's going to make a great villain this arc
Retard

I do. He's the only Saiyajin who hasn't really done anything cool yet on his own (Trunks has Future Trunks), and since Gohan seems to be benched for life, he will surely get a chance to shine someday.

The villain is Goku fused with Oob.

Because he's a discount kid Goku without the tail and sexual retardation.

>spoiled brat Goku
Gee, I wonder why.

I like Goten more than Gohan. At least Goten wasn't shoved down my throat as being better than Goku and that I should like him more than Goku.

It is.

GT happens 5 years after the Z epilogue. And I think the whole Bra situation made the English dubbers to change it to 10 years after.

Not sure what you're trying to tell me here.

He's in a weird place. Gohan essentially was pushed as Goku two in the beginning, even if he's being shit on now and was made to be a pacifist scholar and had 3 arcs of character development and is still the 3rd strongest nongod in the series. Goten doesn't really have any character development by himself and is second fiddle to Trunks. He's literally fused to Trunks. Trunks, rides the coattails of Future Trunks and didn't have to start from scratch as a character but Goten did. Even now, Trunks will probably have a sideplot with Future Trunks and Mai, but Goten won't do shit on his own. I think the fusion technique really damages them as characters they don't really have agency at the moment.

>he will surely get a chance to shine someday
Not sure how to react to someone who thinks this.

I like Goten, but I recognize he has no individual place in the story and only functions as an accessory for Trunks to transform into Gotenks.

>3rd strongest nongod in the series
You know that means nothing, right? If you're not Goku or Vegeta, you might as well not exist.

>Bald manlet strongest human + cyborg of the hottest woman in the world = Hottest little girl who's a short stack

seems plausible to me

Give me one reason I should.

I have the SSR STR Goten, and he's amaze. Especially the card art.

>The average kid around their age grow out of their obsession of toys and candy.
No they don't, stop being retarded.

I swear officer they told they're 18 years old.

Goten's introduction was one of those moments where you could really tell Toriyama was just making this shit up on the spot.

It always felt like "Toriyama wanted a family moment with Chichi but couldn't think of anything so new kid I guess?"

He was cute in the early Buu saga

Well it looks like Kid Trunks is going to get some sort of development this arc. I just hope Goten gets something for him too.

Me too.

I don't hate Super Saiyan Red or Blue or anything but man, it makes it hard for Goten and Trunks to be the co-protagonists with their dads like I always wanted for Super.

Well she certainly is Bulma's daughter.

because he's evil

Friendly reminder that Goten is getting cucked by Mai RIGHT NOW

Because only Gohan have been born with muh potential.

Goten/Trunks/Mai threesome fucking when.

Never. Mai is too pure to even think of such and Trunks is obviously pussywhipped.

Pilaf won't stand for that
Next thing you know both will start holding her hand

>Goten's introduction was one of those moments where you could really tell Toriyama was just making this shit up on the spot.
Literally the entire manga really

Though at the very least, there was the excuse that Toriyama had the idea that "there will be a new generation one day" at least until they brought Goku back anyway.

It was more that the first chapter after whole Cell arc felt like it was setting up this 'big brother, little brother' relationship Gohan and Trunks, then you fast forward to the next chapter and you nearly snap your neck doing a double take when you find out Gohan actually has a little brother.

I think remember reading that another manga artist gave him the idea for fusion? He probably came up with Goten a spilt second after that.

Of course this is just me speculating like a faggot

>liking characters from GT

?

I guess Goku and Chi Chi weren't trying very hard when making Goten.

>Super saiyan before hitting double digits
>No potential

He's the youngest Super Saiyan of all itme.

>no potential
youtu.be/OpczAzcmJoE

>Why doesn't anybody like Goten?

That's why Goten always appeared in OVAs and movies with Trunks? Because people disliked them?

Fuck off burger

Yes

>The concept of fusion is also a form of leveling up. How did that concept come to be?

"If I remember correctly, I was talking about how, as a concept, “there’s nothing stronger than a Super Saiyan”, and Katsura-kun (Masakazu Katsura-sensei), who I usually just joke around and say idiotic things with, said, “There’s no choice but for them to fuse, then.” So I said, “Whoa, sometimes even you say something good. It’s the first time you’ve ever made yourself useful.” (laughs) That’s how that plot point was born."

toy sales

he's in ova's and movies because he has no place in the actual story

So fucking adorable.

I want to live in a world where Chichi remained adorable and adventurous waifu.

>let's give Son Goku another kid
"Okay, okay. Sounds good".
>let's make him look exactly like kid Goku
I hate pointless shit like this. Adds absolutely nothing. I get needing to give kid Trunks a rival/friend but did he need to literally be young Goku 2.0?

Why?
Him looking like Goku is actually nice considering that Gohan looked so different. I also liked how unlike Gohan he got some training in by Chi-Chi because she only wanted one son to become a doctor like a good jewish mother that she is.

>I want to live in a world where Chichi remained adorable and adventurous waifu.
Sadly. you can't have such nice things user

Have Piccolo drag Goten around for some serious wilderness training.

It can be like Kid Goku and Piccolo Jr having outrageous adventures.

I like to believe she went back to being adventurous with Goku and Uub.

It was an easy out to have "Goku" in the show for the fans since Toriyama was at that point going with the idea that Goku would be dead for the rest of the series

Gohan is already developed, he only needs Toei can find a way to include him in the arcs, but holy shit Goten and Trunks are too irrelevant it isn't funny. In RoF Goku's friends called them 'Earth's future protectors' and since the Buu saga that was what they were meant to be, give something to the poor kids for their own, not only Gotenks that at this point became a fucking comedy jobber.
In this new arc it looks like Toei wants to give some development for Trunks, development that I hope make him more relevant. But I fear Goten becomes more irrelevant if Mai gets more screentime.

Why is Uub white?

>with Goku and Uub.

At least she finally got rid of the old lady bun by the end of Z. Which is ironic, because at that point she is an old lady.

I think Toriyama said he didn't like drawing her too much. That still doesn't explain why Toei made her such an insufferable cunt. Even in Super, whenever she has a nice scene she immediately ruins it.

Goten equals goku but less epic, just this

Goten is a Goku-like, but he isn't Goku and that's his crime so he gets little to no screen time.

I like how Super gave all the chicks a face lift so much that Bulma's mom looks like she never aged a day.

Seems chi-chi shows up in the next episode. probably brings Goten with her. Maybe they will have Goten , Trunks and the Pilaf gang team up for their own little side-story oir something

Still. I'm glad to see Mai and the rest of the Pilaf gang getting more screen time themselves.

I want to see Chi Chi's reaction to Black.

If you would have told me a few years ago that the Pilaf gang would show up again and that Mai of all people was relevant I would have said you're a retard. I'm really surprised.

Also Goten is just there to be cucked and have his heart broken because Trunks chooses Mai over him.

>If you would have told me a few years ago that the Pilaf gang would show up again and that Mai of all people was relevant I would have said you're a retard. I'm really surprised.

Same. But I'm glad to see it happen here

>Also Goten is just there to be cucked and have his heart broken because Trunks chooses Mai over him.

Goten like his father, shows absolutely no interest in females. Although by the end of the series it seems he's become sort of a playboy. I wonder if Super will redo the final two episodes and add a few changes here and there?

>Goten like his father, shows absolutely no interest in females.
He was amused when Trunks told him he and his girlfriend hold hands. Also why does Goten have to be a playboy if he has a girlfriend? And yeah, I hope Super changes the epilogue.

>Also why does Goten have to be a playboy if he has a girlfriend

My bad, that was just me remembering it wrong. I though he was described as a playboy. But reading it again, it just looks like he has a date with his girlfriend.

because he likes to make trunks suffer

Kill yourself

give the internet time, it will happen

anybody tranny this page?

don't think so

Absence of muscles has never bothered me so much before I saw Goku with sleeves.

Where did the muscles go, Toriyama?

Why doesn't ChiChi use the Dragon Balls to wish she was younger?

95% of anything cute about Chichi is filler shit, which is a shame for Chichi fans.

Because she's still hot.

>Because she thinks she is still hot.
Fixed it for you, senpai.

I'd do her even if it means having Goku either blasting me to pieces with kamehameha, either thanking me for keeping her entertained. You never know with him.

If Saiyans stay young until they are 80, Goku will wait until then to turn chichi to a 13 y/o again and problem solved

Well, Pan and Bra were 9 and 8 respectively.

>implying Goku wouldn't just stand there and try to confirm how strong you are so he can fight you later.

Well at least the Goku we've seen in Super would do that. They made him a legit retard in Super. He would let anyone fuck Chi Chi if they could provide him with a strong fighter.

>It was the Video Girl Ai/Zetman guy's idea to start fusing characters

Huh, that's definitely something.