So how far does North Korean censorship go? Do these people really revere Kim Jong-un as a God...

So how far does North Korean censorship go? Do these people really revere Kim Jong-un as a God? Are they aware of space and the universe at all? What are they allowed to know and how far up do you have to be in order to get the truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/27/north-korea-aggressively-jamming-new-bbc-broadcasts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>So how far does North Korean censorship go?
It's pretty complete. You'll go to a prison camp if you get caught with a TV or radio capable of receiving anything other than the state approved frequencies.

>Do these people really revere Kim Jong-un as a God?
Not as a god per se, but he is ascribed with various supernatural powers. For example, Kim Jong Un does not poop. People are told that his body is so perfect it does not produce waste.

>Are they aware of space and the universe at all?
Yes, though they are probably not told who really made various scientific discoveries.

>What are they allowed to know and how far up do you have to be in order to get the truth?
Not sure if anyone other than the Kim family is allowed to attend school outside of North Korea or China, and even then they have handlers to make sure they don't go local.

You need to study politics from the beginning to understand to what degree a government has over its people.
I have some an interview with some civilians and they seem pretty indoctrinated and clueless.

The simple answer is, that we don't really know what life is like.
Most of the journalists, etc, that have been over there say everything seems to have been staged just for them, and the meetings were farced.

Generally, the western world has many freedoms that are taken for granted.
The United States being one of the nations with arguably the most freedoms of all.

youtube escaped north koreaners
They were basically living in the stone age and had no idea SK was so advanced.

There's a lot of defectors these days. The northern border is pretty porous as the economy is so shit they need to turn a blind eye to smugglers. This channel has a bunch of interviews with defectors:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc

There have also been a lot of books written using the accounts of defectors, like "Nothing to Envy" and "Escape from Camp 14". Look up either of those at Amazon and you'll see dozens of similar books. Information about the inside is becoming much easier to get. Obviously it's still very scarce, incomplete, and impossible to verify but much more is available than even ten years ago.

>So how far does North Korean censorship go?
No internet.

Look up Michael Malice. He knows enough to write a book about the place. And he did. And he's a funny guy.

I think it's said they're taught everything outside is essentially a lie, they don't even believe big cities have real skyscrapers or something. Not entirely sure what that means, but indoctrination isn't really supposed to be logical.

BBC World recently started broadcasting in Korean. North Korea immediately started jamming the frequency.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/27/north-korea-aggressively-jamming-new-bbc-broadcasts/

Mobile phones and foreign bootleg DVD are apparently common in North Korea now though. Again, the Northern border is porous and smugglers are basically keeping the economy afloat so the regime can't come down too hard on them. But anyone who gets caught with such contraband can face severe punishment. Like public beatings or time in a work camp.

Some fucked up stories for sure one thing I read about taking a shit. You get like one chance a day. If you can't shit then too bad. If you shit outside of designated shit time, you get beat. Sounds like hell.

From the interviews and testimonials I've seen, it all seems like an act.
I wouldn't be surprised if NK was a CIA psy-op.

You sure it's not DA JOOZ?

You sure you're not a Jewish shill?
(((leaf)))

north koreans are told that americans all live terrible lives under merciless economic and political circumstances that they have no choice to believe because they're only source of info on the subject is their leaders and politically controlled media

tell me, what do you know about korea?

Excellent point.

See above post about CIA and NK as Psy-op.
It's crazy, but some of it might be true.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if the defectors initially believed that they need to tell the South Koreans what they want to hear. They'd probably be scared out of their minds expecting torture or something, so they might think that if they paint the most negative possible picture of the North it would placate these new and unfathomable authority figures. So exaggeration is a possibility, but probably not all that much as there are enough defectors such that stories can be cross-checked.

Also, thousands of westerners have visited North Korea as tourists, and they all bring back stories plus photo and video evidence of the place being weird as fuck, secretive, and extremely cult-like. Westerners have been imprisoned in the past for removing photos of Kim Il Sung.

Pretty much what said.
The older generations tend to follow the more strict teachings but the younger generations are beginning to understand things arent as they appear. I had heard having USA and Korean contraband will get them in more trouble than other countries stuff. South Korea is supposed to be a shit hole after all.

North Koreans are being abused, and some of them don't even know it. We should stage a revolution against the regime

That's pretty impossible considering the only people allowed to have weapons are military, and they're the most loyal

I think they tried that in the Korean war.

The country is ultimately a time bomb, I'd like to see Trump take them out while he can.

Some sort of understanding with the Chinese would be better. I read something about the Chinese version of OPLAN 5029, where they invade from the north and set up a new defensive line between Nampo and Wonsan, denuclearize the North and set up a new puppet government.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to be honest, so long as all the details with the Chinese are worked out ahead of time and Kim Jong Un is given a way out somehow so he doesn't just do a nuclear murder-suicide. China gets their buffer zone, the DMZ is abolished so families can re-unite, and both China and South Korea get a slice of the minerals.

China would probably insist on the removal of American troops from South Korea, which would probably happen anyway given that they'd be unnecessary.