I just marathoned Steins;gate. I may be way behind the curve here, but is this the best anime of all time...

I just marathoned Steins;gate. I may be way behind the curve here, but is this the best anime of all time? Kurisu even won the Best Girl 2016 competition. The VN is fucking incredible too.

"Trust what you see! The only things that matter are things that happen; things that don't happen, things that aren't observed, are just hypotheses!"

>Best anime of all time
>Best girl 2016

Both of those are objectively not true.

You sound new to anime, OP.

Kurisu isn't even the best girl in Steins;Gate....

>Best girl 2016 competition?
Who decided this?

>Best Girl 2016 competition
What?

reddit

everything time travel and science related stuff is absolutely retarded though.

All S;G girls are best girls (depending on world line)

>2011 girl wins Best Girl 2016

Go back to r/anime and tell everyone to kill themselves.

Very true. Im just not a fan of Kurisu or tsunderes, which is why I prefer Mayuri or Faris, or Suzuha.

It's massively overrated.

I mean it's a good time, but don't think about it.

The time travel mechanics and their "time machine" are literally the most stupid I'vewever seen.

I love S;G to death, but your post made little to no sense.

best girl is ruka ,':^)

yes im a worthless degenerate

Wait till Zero comes out.

Nah, Ruka is by far best, of course at that one world line where she is a girl.

Back to /r/anime from whence you came, faggot.

S;G is very good, but overrated. People consider it to be the greatest anime/VN of all time, and that's just ridiculous.

Best anime adaptation of a non-autism-spectrum-required visual novel, maybe

But Penguindrum and Madoka were better shows from 2011. The third quarter of S;G drags on a good deal, especially with stuff like the Ruka episode which can be completely offputting for non regul/a/rs

The VN is much better than the anime. That's not disparaging the anime, mind you.

Also, by far the fan translation is best, before the official US release.

The anime's official subs are some of the worst I've ever seen.

guess so, but i was talking about VN

also anime is actually OK dubbed.

I recently tried picking up anime again. Found Steins;gate to be better than most animes out there. Worst part about it is Mayuri, jesus christ just let her die.

no kidding, i played VN just to save ruka.

While it is a top tier anime, the best anime of all time is definitely going to vary from person to person.

It is actually my favorite anime though I fucking love it

Also Kuris-tina is patrician waifu taste not surprised she won best girl 5 years late on tripfagbloggit

Using Sup Forums memes was the right thing to do.

In the end my head canon just stated that mayuri was dead no matter what. She just died too many times.

>behind the curve

It's ok to admit you're a fucking newfag.

It's generally agreed upon to be a fairly decent adaptation of a strong VN series. Not the greatest of all time. I would highly recommend you look into the Science Adventure VNs if you want stories of a similar caliber.

That's why WhyNot is the only choice for subs.

>anime is actually OK dubbed

Newfag detected.

only a newfag uses the term newfag as an insult, i really prefer the dub of this particular show.

>prefer the dub

That's how you can tell the animeonly fags from people who actually care about the quality of the show and its source material.

I also played VN of it and so. its amazing how you jump to conclusion. Altho this is Sup Forums, so what do i expect.

I don't believe you. No one can play S;G in its native audio and still think the English dub is better. It's not physically possible without Olympic level mental gymnastics.

right, altho to be far, original VNs audio was annoying as shit. Only originals i really like are ghibli movies, some mad house stuff, satoshi kon, and few individual series.

>2016
What.

>Kurisu even won the Best Girl 2016 competition
What does he mean by that?

Le Reddit is still voting. Was there another competition?

The anime is a meme, the game is a solid 6/10.

VN > animu

Also watch movie after VN true ending since it takes place right after.

Christina is a whore. How do you fall in love with someone after a week or two? Fucking slut.

>How do you fall in love with someone after a week or two?
It's easy if the person act exactly like their father does.

Daddy issues

>implying the movie is canon

She had reading steiner fucking with her emotions on top of him being one of the only people to ever treat her like a normal person.

I can't stop saving pictures of Kurisu help me

She makes my heart go doki doki

why don't they have kids?
too dedicated to science or something?

Okabe in that picture reminds me of somebody from Nichibros

In my opinion Steins;Gate was nice but definitely not ultra top tier.
I enjoyed the cheesy time machine mechanics together with the whole maddo scientisto charme and it definitely got me feeling in the second half but the pacing in the first half was really slow. I think the format works a lot better as game where you need the slow beginning to get familiar with everything, also making the decisions yourself is probably really intense and helps to feel the side characters. havent played the game tho.

no the first half provided a concrete backdrop for the rest of the series because of the feeling of desperation and the fact that they had passed a point at which it was too late.

yeah i think the slow beginning definitely helped the shock when things got serious, but they overshot a little imo.

the moment mayuri dies for the first time is the moment it turns from a slice of life to a thriller

Still a better time slip story than re:zero

That's not really an achievement

Oh god what i wouldnt give to be as new as you. The joys of watching all of the Greats for the first time. Youre a lucky man user

I love all of the fan hype for Re:Zero, cant wait to see them turn on it when Rem gets tortured and then her soul sucked out

>tfw I don't understand what she's saying
>tfw I'll never learn nippon

Embrace the fact that you have a waifu.
There's no turning back now.

S;G didn't have any bestgirl archetype. No danderes in sight ;_;

your greats being?

Pretty universal stuff like Spice & Wolf, Steins;Gate, Toradora, Cowboy Beebop, Evangelion, you get the picture. But that's just my taste, with the way Sup Forums tells it youde think the only time anything good came out was in the 90s

Who cares, Gunbuster is a better anime than both.

It's autists like you that make all Steins;Gate fans look retarded. Honestly it's far from flawless.

They need a tiny Amadeus >.>

thanks mate, noted down spice&wolf to look into it, all the others are pretty mandatory.
sure its just your taste but imo the only way to get decent candidates for new anime is checking favourites of single anons. the averaging process when dozens of anons threw their personal taste out in anime recommendation threads is just terrible

At least they make an attempt in explaining it instead of it just inexplicably happening.
What exactly makes good time travel then? Honestly just time travel in general opens a can of worms in any story telling.

this isn't reddit

>movie
I'd rather eat shit than watch that again.

>Hasnt seen Spice & Wolf yet
Buckle up friend because you are in for a wild ride.

I know it's going to sound weird coming from an Sup Forumsnon but you should watch it dubbed. It's one of the famously good dubs right next to Bebop, DBZ, and Toradora

Movie was utter garbage

Oh man theres alot of hate for the movie going around, was it that bad? Didnt bother with it since it sounded bad to begin with

It broke the rules of the setting and may as well be fanfiction, but if you like Kurisu it's worth the time.
I don't like Kurisu so it was shit

>best girl 2016
>dude dub was epic!!!
>...
>oh that anime? its one of the legendary epic dubsXD, try it!
>animes
>recommendations
Really living up to your Reddit reputation.

The movie was fun to watch, but it broke the series' rules regarding time travel and is non-canon. It's worth watching if you want some more steins;gate content.

Oh wow, arnt you cool

Literally only good for Kurisu fanservice. Absolute shit anything else.
>completely abandons any and all previously established time travel mechanics
>that fucking ending
>characters make worthless appearances and the only 2 actually do anything
>that brain melting stupid ending
>it's not even written by the original author of Steins;Gate nor do I think WhiteFox reviewed with them
>THAT FUCKING ENDING
Pic related alone is half the incentive of watching this shit. I'm still mad.

The fanservice is very tempting but if it is half as bad as you make it out to be i think i'll pass

is it really that good? because english is not my first language and i dont see any immediate advantages in watching in another language.

also from the (very) view english dubs i got to know it seemed to me that the americans are not that great in dubbing. i live in germany where there are lots of professionals doing that stuff so there are actually a view quite good dubs. nevertheless especially for not that well known media like non normie anime dubs generally suck. i remember watching memories of murder with friends and it was just terrible, we swichted to korean immediately and everyone was happy.

There are about 15 truely great english dubs, most dubs past 2008 are at least passable but anything before that for the most part is just plain atrocious. But every now and then even now i still sometimes see down right awful dubs. Such as the Chaika one, oh god the Chaika dub was bad.

Chaika the coffin princess dub ruined Chaika for me. I had to wait a month before giving it another try subbed it was so bad

my worst experience: played some scene out of digimon adventure at friends for fun, was american dubbed. it was so ridiculous that everyone bursted out laughing. plus the digi-evolve music. holy shit. the german version has the original japanese music with a german singer but those american alternative songs are just a bad joke.

Like i said. Anything dubbed before 2008 is a damn joke. Although there are some obvious exceptions

The movie isn't -bad- but it certainly isn't on par with the series.

The main problem is that while the series is all about the struggle of the MC trying to go back in time to make things right again, the movie is all about the MC deciding whether or not they can be bothered to go back in time to make things right again. Much less tense and thus much less interesting. Apart from that it has its moments and is generally worth watching if you finished Steins;Gate and want MORE.

Finished Steins;Gate when i was in high school, done with college now so ive been over it for sometime. Dont think i'll pick it up from what everyone is saying to be honest

If you cared enough to really enjoy it you would have seen it by now.

True