Is it common for Americans to have never seen the ocean, or to have only seen it a few times...

Is it common for Americans to have never seen the ocean, or to have only seen it a few times? It just hit me how far inland much of the Midwest and northern US is.

Other urls found in this thread:

aclu.org/know-your-rights-governments-100-mile-border-zone-map
youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, I've lived in mostly upscale places so this could be biased but pretty much everyone goes on 3-5 vacations annually.

I live in Michigan so I've seen the great lakes a lot but I've only been to the Pacific Ocean a few times.

I've been within half hour from an ocean once. Two thousand mile drive to get there and we didn't have time for a short drive.

the great lakes are the closest thing to an ocean for them

Iv never seen the snow.

When I went to middle school in Florida I was the only kid in a class of 35 that had ever seen snow

i live 30 mins from the ocean, and it fucking just a bunch of water and sand.
who gives a fuck

I live in the mountains of TN. I go to the ocean twice a year. Most people here take our vacations to the ocean. A lot of ocean people come here to the mountains.

You're not missing out on anything cool

Cali niggers shoutouts! We got desert, glaciers, valleys, coast, and forest. Lots of spics n gays too.

old beach pics are /comfy/

not missing out bra

being from New Zealand I can't imagine never seeing the ocean. I don't think I've ever been further than 100 miles from it.

Come to Queenstown bro

Tfw live 30 minutes from Hampton Beach NH and OOB ME, and can post OC.

subtel

Ive seen/swam in the ocean once. The gulf in Galveston,TX

714 chink town reporting In.

I live in a pretty small town in MN, basically as far from the ocean as you can get.

I have seen the Pacific in Washinton state and the atlantic in Washington DC. Wasnt very interesting desu. Lake Superior is prettier.

Yes very common. Most people cant eve afford shittifornia or any other coastal area for vacation let alone live there. Ive only been one time but i have gone to bahamas back in its hey day to visit relatives. Its a third world shithole now where you can even get off of a cruise ship bc armed militarized police have clubs holding all the islanders back because theyll literally mob you and take what they can get. Its like the videos of rio now but much worse. It used to be s paradise and its just not even worth visiting now

There are a lot of poor people in the Midwest who are just stuck there. They can't afford to pay the money to go to the ocean.

the american coastline does seem quite boring. In NZ we have Milford Sound which is pretty incredible

Since the world is flat I just have to look out my window and I can see the ocean no matter where I am in burgerland

I fucking hate the ocean so much it's noisy it stinks and it's full of fuck

nice try aussie

yea the entire Caribbean is a nigger infested shithole that deserves to be flushed.

I grew up in Colorado. I never saw the ocean until I was 23, when I moved to California for work. I lived there for 5 years, and only saw the ocean from my car on a few occasions. I went to the beach once and it was windy, the sand sucked ass, and my dog dug up a bag of used hypodermic needles. I moved back to Colorado a few months ago because ocean niggers are all fucking crazy.

I love living by the ocean but I'm getting tired of storms.

you leafs don't even have beaches.

>Is it common for Americans to have never seen the ocean
While it's not as bad as it was a half century ago, where people who lived within an hour or two of a coast would live their entire lives not seeing the ocean, it's still far more common than one might think.

I took my white, middle class, 20-something girlfriend on a trip last year just because she'd never seen the ocean. It was a big deal for her to see it and be in it.

Best coast for sale here hoo will buy in exchange for beautiful inland and sexy native american?

Maybe for sedentary cunts.
I've been to the coasts and I love the pacific because it is cool.

We vacation you dip
also Lake Superior counts as at least an inland sea

u don't need the ocean when you're fiddling your banjo in the smoky mountains user.

Greetings from one of the most land locked states in the nation! I've been to the Pacific coast twice in my life. I got sand in my shoe. Puked from eating at the pier. Horrible shits for the following days. It was okay. I'd go back and visit, but, inland is best land 100% comfy all the time no fish smell quality soil and best of all, TRUE WINTERS WITHOUT COASTAL CONDITIONS

Is that somewhere in the Dakotas?

Why are you asking us? Austria doesn't have an ocean either, moron.

The US has about any coastline you can imagine if you go to the right place. There are fjords along the coast of Alaska.

nah the 'sota.

For some reason Australians that haven't seen snow like you move here to work at ski hills in Whistler and Banff.

Fiordland NZ shits on your scenery desu. We are in the Pacific too, so no chance of niggers infesting our national parks.

>3-5 vacations annually
You must work in an office or some shit

I've been to lots. I've been to yours. Hate em. My parents used to drag me to lots. Fucking retarded to go to a different nation with a different climate and then just stare at the ocean.

I like lakeside just fine, but I hope the ocean hurries up and acidifies and then dries up. Every bay should be renamed to hooker disposal and we should pretend the rest of it doesn't exist.

more than half our population lives within an hour of a beach or lake

I lived in Long Beach for 30 years and I only saw the ocean maybe 10 times. Even living 5 actual miles from the ocean you pretty much never see it anyway.

Midwesterner here, most people I know went to the ocean before they were 10 for vacation. We're kinda in the sweet spot where you can go east coast or west coast. Oddly I live 10 minutes from Lake Michigan and have maybe sum in it about 5 times in my entire life.

what's so great about "seeing the ocean", it's just water

Not for a good amount of people, I live in a medium sized town and everyone has been at least once on vacation. Same kinda thing with disneyland, you might not go, but what you have around you is close enough and you can get by. Not to mention the swathes of small rivers and creeks that you can take float trips on.

Pretty close. Had that northern Plains vibe.

I LOVE the northern border of the US (along US 2) because it's a land version of being on the ocean - the land just goes and goes and goes to the horizon, in every direction.

You don't understand what a big part of life the ocean is for island countries. Summer here basically means visiting the beach every day.

There's people Chile that has never seen the ocean, some people just don't like going out.

The only reason I've seen the ocean is because I enlisted. Otherwise I doubt I ever would have.

>3-5 vacations annually.
Dude, the district manager making 300k a year is not upscale. Wealthy people take way more vacations than that

>more than half our population lives within an hour of a beach
Otherwise known as "Constitution-free Zones."

aclu.org/know-your-rights-governments-100-mile-border-zone-map

>When I went to middle school in Florida I was the only kid in a class of 35 that had ever seen snow
First time I saw snow was on a glacier in Switzerland in July

>Summer here basically means visiting the beach every day
meh, there isn't much to do at the beach that I enjoy, even when I went to a resort in Dominican Republic I got bored after a day

we have Alaska you brown fuzzy turd

I didn't say wealthy, It was relative

>triggered burger

Once upon a time, the area was a gigantic mass of fault lines and super volcanoes, and I think that's beautiful.

I've meet some people from the midwest and middle america that have never seen an ocean before. But I grew up seeing the western sea water daily. So yah.

>100miles
>1 hour from the beach
bahahhahha. Typical middle america poster.
Going 100miles in most of these areas would take hours.

Yo, dumbass. That means the problem is *worse*.

(I live on one coast, and used to live on the other one.)

youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI

Most the population lives near the coast.

Yes it's common OP. Had a relative who didn't see the ocean till 25 years old. Started crying when relative did.

Yeah he missed out on a big part of his childhood. Winter is fun and chaotic as fuck.
>snowboarding and sledding down roads
>drifting in the snow with your car
>throwing snowballs at people
>driving in blizzards
>eating shit as you walk down hilly places

I saw the ocean on another continent vacationing in Ireland as a kid before I ever saw it on American soil