Nothing will happen

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/popocatepetl-volcano-spews-rock-dumps-ash-mexico-city-50136473
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombenben
youtube.com/watch?v=N3E4xtbV9AM
lonelyplanet.com/vanuatu/east-tanna/attractions/mt-yasur/a/poi-sig/1067349/362974
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First post best post

thoughts and prayers with the vanuatuatian people in these difficult times

Sup Forums wins again, when do we invade?

with the aim to have it completed by Friday next week.

>Vanuatunes
>white

Pick 1.

Let's throw some communists into the caldera to try and appease the volcano god.

This. Sup Forums is a board of peace.

John Frum, god of the cargo cult, returns.

Where the hell is Vanuatu? Are the Barbudans in danger again?

What about the volcano in Bali?

Thats meant to blow anytime now, hopefully they can trigger yellowstone.

also in bali ready to blow

This one is going to be epic. There are 3 volcanos about to blow right now. All can go up to VEI 7. Even if they're 5s, with the combined so2, global temps drop around 1 degree. The last ice age was a 5 degree difference. A difference of .5 was called the year without summer in 1815.

Imagine all the frozen refugees we'd find two years later.

y-yellowstone?

abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/popocatepetl-volcano-spews-rock-dumps-ash-mexico-city-50136473

soon

HAHA FUCKING LOW IQ BROWN SAVAGES FUCKING RETARDS LMAO

atheist prayers to all Venetian peoples in these trying days

9/23/17 - the hits keep coming after.

Wait a while, wasn't Vanatu the place /k/ and Sup Forums wanted to invade some time ago?

Aoba (Vanuatu), Agung (bali), and popocatepetal (MX).
In the US, we're looking at sea vents off the coast of Oregon, and a possible cascadia fault slip.
This is all due to the energy released into the planet during that giant solar flare we had a couple weeks ago. The earth is charged.
If I had to place money on a US eruption, I'd say mammoth is the dark horse. (Though not likely)

Oh yes. It happened. Did you know it was the 23rd in the US when the pope was accused of heresy, thereby putting the Christ in hell? Did you know that of these volcanoes, one is shiva, the other where you go to die and be reborn, and the third coincided with the discovery of the centipede king.
I swear, if dragons start flying, I wouldn't be surprised right now.

Thanks user, fascinating. Photo from during the eclipse of the sunspot cluster where the flare later came from, aimed right at us

they're called niVanuatu.

Also this volcano is a god so when he's pissed off like this the end of the world could be in sight.

Well, we still have 79 other islands we can invade.

How will the climate change people blame conservatives if temperatures drop dramatically?

They already have the narrative figured out: "just because it gets cold for a few years doesn't change the fact that it's going to be just as bad again"
As if the earth isn't a system that's been regulating itself forever.
Also, we are likely entering a solar minimum, meaning more space dust will hit our atmosphere. Especially since our magnetosphere is down 10% in like 20 years and we are experiencing weird holes popping up in it as well. This means more protons stick to water molecules and create really big storms.

In other words, they'll try the narrative, and it's about to get weird, senpai. Learn space weather and what it does to our planet.

what are your 'go to' space weather sites?

>How will the climate change people blame conservatives if temperatures drop dramatically?

They won't stop.

If they don't like it, they can fucking move back to venus. Fucking ungrateful venutians.

Will USA suffer from these eruptions? What about NZ?

I could go without a summer for 1 year.

So I should buy that winter coat, then?

Bruh. Gimme yo coordinates.

Probably, I for one am quite fond of winter, however if it means crops dying and so forth then all I can say is shieet.

Gravity has nothing to do with magnetism...

Gravity is mass not magnetism they're totally different fundamental forces.

Also the inner core is solid.

>Vanuatu
is it a super volcano?

Nope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombenben

>a year without summer
Probably the best thing that could ever happen to Sup Forums desu

rocketman kim dets a Hbomb under ground

earthquakes and three volcanos about to similblow

temps drop 1C

global warming neutralized

Kim saves the earth!

I thought it was too, and I thought it had a major eruption, so i tried googling it.
I'm getting some serious mandela effect vibes from this.

There's three about to pop at the same time.

Interesting. I'm currently on a science ship loaded with USGS scientists. Guess what we're doing right this second? Towing a seismic array over the fault line off the west coast of Haida Gwaii - just came back from studying underwater volcanos in Alaska. Confirm US government is very interested in seismic activity right now. Also, one of the scientists told me that one of the main reasons they're pouring money into this atm is because an earthquake/eruption here and now could sent a tsunami straight to their navy/USMC base in Hawaii.

I think there is more to be worried about than Mr Volcano Anons

That douche stole my exact comment from above - wholesale copy pasta. He has no idea what he's talking about.

Hawaii is erupting slowly. Right now I'm much more concerned about Vanuatu. Dome volcano, under extreme pressure after multiple deep earthquakes with lots of water and high so2.
I believe the earth is overcharged from the solar flares this month. There are chain reactions going on.
I know this is not typically excepted science, however several scientist have come out in the past week to confirm pressure transfer.

Forgot to mention, OP stole my research from another thread. Those are my words, not his.

Checked. Add to this the solar wind stream we are being hit with right now, I think our k-index was at (maybe still is) at 7 now. Supposedly a good G3 storm happening right now.

Rocketman already contributed to this a couple weeks ago. Likewise, he's destabalized a volcano on his border with China.

What a dick.

G2. Not as bad as earlier this month.
But space weather is about to affect us dramatically. Grand solar minimum, magnetosphere being weak, etc.

>mfw we have to spend yet MORE money on cleaning things up
Just burn the world already.

No no. You miss the point - it's not Hawaii they're watching. It's the fault line off the coast of BC/Alaska. The resulting tsunami from a quake there (the underwater volcanos are the symptoms of activity) would travel from the BC/AK coast to Hawaii taking out the base.

You are very possibly correct about the solar flares as well.

Better not god damn blow, I've got a holiday booked in Villa for late October. Fucking nature's a cunt if it wrecks my trip.

Gravity isn't magnetic force.

Me too. Fuck this gay heat

When we say it's solid, do we mean like "it's solid metal" or is it closer to being "this metal should be liquid at this temperature, but the immense pressure is keeping it solidified"?

It will, so will that Mount Angung or Agung or whatever it's called.

*Blocks your holiday*

Ok. Now we're talking. Yes. I believe the big one at cascadia is about to hit. The slow slip of 9 months has almost stopped, there have been very few earthquakes off the coast, and I believe the sea vent is erupting off the coast...

How am I doing..?
Want to take bets on the timeline?

Rollin for eruption

Opposite side of the world. Vanuatu is in Oceania (Australia).

Weight and heat pressure around the inner core keeps it solid, the outer core is liquid if that's what you're getting at?

Although I'm high and might have that the wrong way round, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Fuck it, I've been day dreaming of getting shitfaced on rum beside a lagoon for months. Don't care if everything is lava and I have to fucking swim there, I'm going.

One moar

Thank you user. Drives me crazy when modern "science" denies an obvious system.

>rumbling
>belching
>threatening
what a rude volcano.

Can't you just do that on your own coast? You have heat all year round, stop complaining!

I'm too far south, have to wait for december to do that, although no lagoons and palm trees.

So, what, the energy from the Sun hits the Earth and causes intense weather but also heats the ground up deeper than it ought to be, causing some kind of seismic activity because the rock is expanding deeper than average?

I'm just looking for a causal mechanism here.

All kidding aside - I am concerned about cascadia, and depending on the next couple of days, and what happens in Indonesia, I may move inland.
A few more deep earthquakes down there and the pressure on the crust is going to be massive. If cascadia goes, I believe it will happen in the next two weeks. If not, it would likely require another series of electron charges

No idea as to timeline - I'm not a scientist myself, just ships crew. The scientists are all unwilling to give estimates BUT you are definitely correct that the sea vents are emitting plumes of gas/mud right now. We've put cameras down and scanned with seismic array from as far north as glacier Bay as far south as cape St James. Activity all along.

>The resulting tsunami ... would travel from the BC/AK coast to Hawaii taking out the base.
Standard fucking burgers not giving a fuck about Alaska, as usual.

Secession NOW

Under the south atlantic anomaly is a large mass of magma that may act as a receptor of energy. Over millions of years it moves and is sometimes blamed for polar shifts. This is usually described as a mechanical function.
Hiwever, some believe this spot acts as a magnetic conduit, either to "ground" earthquake pressure or recieve elections from space (it is near one of our weakest spots in our magnetosphere)

Well, like I said, all I know atm is that the US Gov is putting tons of $$ into watching seismic activity on the coast right now. We are pretty much done our program after tonight/today though and lots of data still needs to be processed. With any luck we will see leaks/releases in the next little while. USGS is usually pretty good about sharing info, unless DoD (which is footing the bill for a lot of this work) doesn't want it known.

They stopped showing the particulates on the live feed - how bad is it?
Likewise, what's their sense of urgency?
Also - are they not understanding the pattern they're dealing with??
Lastly, where (generally) are you now?

They only really care about the "national defense" implications of such a quake is my understanding. The scientists of course care about the whole coastline though, just not the ones putting up the $$

Yeah, well, I was planning on going to a resort in Puerto Rico this winter to chill on the beach. Life's funny like that, huh?

Oops , I meant G2, my bad. And yeah, I agree. I'm wondering if what's going on now w the sun is the prelude to it's RedGiant stage or whatever you call it. I've been trying to read up on this for weeks now but I'm still confused.

Very little is known about this volcano. Recent eruptions were limited, but this volcano has the capacity to go to 7 under the current conditions. I believe it will be a 5 or 6. However, the recent swarm of earthquakes, and subsequent silence for several days means it could go very big.

Roughly the southwest tip of Haida Gwaii.
Not sure about particulate - but lots of heat. We've been taking core samples from the "mud volcanos"/vents and the core tubes come up quite warm after travelling ~2500m

First Bali and now Vanuatu? Maybe David Meade was right.

The sun's magnetosphere is weakening. It's cyclical and nothing to worry about (for the sun, anyway). Unfortunately, if it is a grand minimum, it leaves us open to lots of space particles and other, even minimal, solar activity.

I think they understand broadly, but geologists tend to think in long-term scales. They estimate eruptions/quakes broadly - like next 5-500 yrs for example. They also tend not to look outside the immediate area they're looking at - the ones here for example are not thinking about activity elsewhere. Just what they're looking at right this moment.

Have you experienced earthquakes? Tremors?
When did the expedition start? Was it pre planned?

Jesus Christ. I'm speechless. I was hoping someone understood this.
Goddamn it. This is why research silos and IP greed sux.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3E4xtbV9AM

No, we haven't experienced anything like that, of course we're on the water so I doubt we'd feel it even if it happened right below us. The program was pre-planned - not sure how long ago, I'm not high enough in the food chain to get that info lol. I know we are building on work one of our other ships did out here about 2 months ago with multi-beam hydrographic survey equipment.

god bless

Well, don't take everything I'm saying as gospel. These are front-line researchers. The data they collect out here will be taken back to California and examined by whole other teams of scientists who may or may not be clued into the overall picture.

They need to look at the pattern that's been occurring since the solar x flare. Particularly the deep earthquakes that start near new zealand.
After those hit (or those volcanos blow) there will be another big one in MX (if "popo" doesn't erupt). After that... all bets are off for cascadia.

Literally where

Mt. Yasur? Shit blows all the time.
lonelyplanet.com/vanuatu/east-tanna/attractions/mt-yasur/a/poi-sig/1067349/362974

No, Lombenben.

I give them not prayers but the enlightened scientific understanding of Earth's geology.

I'll enquire a bit more with them over the next couple of days as we head back to port. Hopefully I can get at least one of them thinking about it. It's all one interconnected system of course - I might be a layman but I'm certainly familiar with the connection between the magnetosphere and the core/seismic activity. Energy must transfer somewhere