Fate

What was the better route/part of the series?

To me, a large part of the nighttime scenes from H/A are probably the best written Nasu content in Fate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8EQ69A9M9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm loving H/A right now, but I made a bad choice at some point and now I'm stuck. :V

I'm not exactly sure how you can get stuck in that game. Just keep picking every option and soon you'll new a "New" icon above an area.

UBW felt very different from Fate, and I think the contrast is what got me truly hooked.

I got locked out of Bazett's eclipse scene during my first playthrough. I don't remember why.

I will always love UBW. We got to see Shirou kick ass after being a little bitch in the Fate route. The clash of ideals between Archer and Shirou felt so sincere, I really got attached. What made it even better was that neither of them were wrong, I agreed with both Archer and Shirou. The conflict felt very real to me, whereas in most stories, I side with one side or the other pretty quickly. Heaven's Feel wasn't quite as good, but it did a great job wrapping everything up, while throwing new plot twists and character development into the mix.

I haven't played HA yet, waiting on that voice patch.

Zero was good, but a very different story. Not as good as FSN, but enjoyable. Kerry was a shitty protagonist, but he wasn't supposed to be a likeable character to begin with.

>I'm stuck. :V

How the fuck did you manage to do that?

>Heaven's Feel wasn't quite as good

HF solves the Shirou vs Archer conlfict without going through all the drama. Basically, it gives Shriou a fresh start in life different from Archer's path, in which he actually starts caring more about himself and his loved ones.

HS coming right after UBW is what makes it so great. HS is a great ending for F/SN.

>stuck
Is it because you didn't finish the quiz games? You need that to reach 100%.

HF is a great end to FSN, I did mention that in my post.

However, HF does nothing for the Shirou and Archer conflict. Shirou just gives up his ideals for a girl, which is one of the negatives of that route in my opinion. He fights so hard to validate his ideals in UBW, just to throw them away in HF? I get that it is supposed to show that he loves Sakura a lot, but it feels like he gives up his ideals too easily.

Imagine UBW Shirou in the HF scenario. He wouldn't give up his ideals OR Sakura. He would find a way to save everyone, even if that method is the hardest to accomplish. He wouldn't just sit back while civilians die.

I didn't really care for the VN as a whole until this scene.

UBW was answering whether Shirou would be personally okay with his dreams not being realized, HF is about loved one vs strangers. The entire point of HF was to beat into your head that it really is impossible to save everyone, and if you're not okay with failure unlike in UBW you're going to have to compromise.

I honestly don't know where else to ask, so here goes:

A couple months ago, an user posted a link to a BB fapfic on pastebin. It was good shit, but I can't find it again. Anyone have the link? The MC got a paizuri and fucked her tits until she came. Really hot shit.

HF=HA>UBW>Fate>Zero

I like them all though.

But the point of UBW is that you CAN save everyone. After the fight with Archer, Shirou does not allow any more humans to die. Not even Shinji. Fate route Shirou would have told Rin, "kill Shinji, it will save a lot of people". And HF Shirou would have never allowed Rin to risk her life to save Shinji, because she is the one he loves in that route, and his loved ones need protected above all else, even at the cost of other people's lives. Shinji dies in this scenario as well. Only UBW Shirou will save everyone.

Fate Shirou: Give up the few (even your loved ones) to save the many

HF Shirou: Give up the many to save the one you love most

UBW Shirou: Save everyone.

UBW Shirou is the perfection of Shirou Emiya's ideals and determination. He will find a way to protect everyone, no compromises.

Has H/A been translated?

fate is better then zero? You need fucking help man.

The point of UBW is that you can't save everyone but it doesn't mean you shouldnt have tried. Shirou accepts he can't save everyone and decides to follow his ideals nonetheless.

Translated, but no voice patch. So if you don't care about hearing the Japanese voices, go ahead and read it now

Except Shirou does save everyone, and chooses to follow his ideals because he was never wrong to begin with. Unlike Archer, he has the determination to save everyone, while Archer sees killing some people as a necessary means to saving the majority.

>Except Shirou does save everyone

It is fucking impossible to save everyone, you fucking retarded.

Every single route in FSN is better than Zero, that user isn't wrong when he puts Zero at the bottom.

Zero is good, but it's not great. Too much edge, and not nearly enough magic. Most of the fights are gun battles and covert recon missions. It's exactly what I expect: a fanfic by a guy who writes tons of other generic edgy anime.

I certainly don't hate Zero, it is good, but it isn't the fun ride that FSN was.

Sorry I have to disagree. Fate is the worst route in the game. It doesn't make any sense for Saber to fall in love with Shirou. Shirou is still a retarded at the end, and didn't learn anything.

A single route can't stand alone against FZ, because its doesn't make any sense at all.

>Except Shirou does save everyone
That was one battle, and it was just symbolism that a copy can beat the original. Do you need to be reminded of how many times Shirou admits his ideals are impossible? That was the entire reason he won against Archer, acknowledging reality without compromising action.

No humans die after Shirou defeats Archer. He saves everyone.

In the end of Fate, Shirou kills Kotomine. In the end of HF, Ilya and Kotomine die. It is actually relevant to the theme of UBW that Kotomine dies before Shirou has solidified his ideals. If he hadn't died so soon, Shirou would not have allowed him to die.

Yep, he did save Sakura from being rape by worms. And He didn't save none, its was Rin. Rin saved Shinji, Shirou didn't save none.

Also Kotomine is a retarded too. Why didn't he just beat up Shirou? Because plot demands it.

FZ is better then the fate route. Because that route can't stand alone.

He admits that they are impossible, and proceeds to do it anyway. He doesn't care about possibilities, he cares about his ideal, to the point of accomplishing the impossible.

UBW Shirou is very much like Superman. He will save everyone, even if it is impossible. This is what he means when he says he wants to become a superhero.

FZ is better than any separate part.
FSN as a whole is better than FZ

Yep. I'm trying to tell him that. Not a single route can't stand alone against FZ.

>he says he wants to become a superhero.
Go back and read the fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=S8EQ69A9M9Y
Pay attention to 36:33 and 47:44.

Reminder that FATE/STRANGE FAKE has surpassed everything in Fate and now the undisputed best Fate series.

Narita you glorious bastard he took Fate to the next level when it seems Fate is getting stale.

>Anime when ?

1. Work on your grammar. I can barely understand you.

2. Rin saved Shinji because she is dedicated to supporting Shirou and his ideal.

3. Sakura is alive at the end of UBW. Still plenty of time to save her. Also, I'm not trying to turn Shirou into an all-knowing savior. He doesn't know about Sakura in UBW. So no he doesn't save her, because he doesn't fucking know she needs saved.

4. .....Why would Kotomine beat up Shirou in UBW? That doesn't even make sense.

I'm talking about the fate route. Why didn't Kotomine beat up Shirou in fate.

Also FZ > a single route of fate stay night.

okay

The whole of FSN is better than any individual route of course. But each route is better than Zero. Each route had incredible world building, which created a great experience. Zero shits on that world building and replaces it with guns and cigarettes.

You know what? You are right.

Are you one of those self-insert fags?

Sweet thank you.

heaven's feel and hollow ataraxya

>Anime
Get out secondary.

this is a meme right? I've read what's available in translation so far (of both novels and manga), and while it's decent, there isn't much to it yet.

no
he didn't save everyone even in UBW
he didn't save Kuzuki after all

his ideal is impossible, unlike Fate! or Archer!Shirou, he just acknowledges that he'll never turn it into reality.
He'll do his best, save countless people, but he'll never save EVERYONE.

I've always wanted to see post-Grail War Shirou pursuing his ideals all the way to the end. I hope we'll get something one day.

No, but world building is incredibly important to me. I love finding out all the little details about a really intricate world.

Prisma is obviously the best part of the Fate franchise.

Like I said, he doesn't allow any humans to die AFTER the fight with Archer. Kuzuki died before Shirou found his determination to save everyone.

Yep, I remember that scene. It actually reinforces my opinion. Shirou says that his ideal is impossible. Yet, he still follows it, and he immediately accomplishes the impossible (his body fights even though it is far past its limit) and wins. He knows his ideal is impossible, but his determination is so strong that he will accomplish it regardless.

Fate route is pretty much the waifu route aside from that god-tier scene in Kotomine's basement.

> Zero shits on that world building and replaces it with guns and cigarette

nicely meme'd

This sounds fucking amazing

so how does UBW Shirou saves everyone if he finds himself in a Heaven's Feel-like situation?

Fate route is the weakest of the three, but it still has plenty going for it. Because it is first, the Fate route has a lot of world building. Also, the fight with Berserker in the forest was pretty amazing. We also got Saber's back story, her ideals, Avalon, Caliburn, etc. While some of these appear in other routes and Zero, they are from the Fate route.

I just finished Fate. Are the other routes better? Cause Fate was alright.

Fate is worst the route. It has lots of exposition. The next two routes have a better storyline and more action.

Saber and Shirou have the deepest relationship though, and I say this as an UBWfag.

well, fate is the weakest route so the other are naturally better

He didn't win because he fought past his limits (that was avalon healing his wounds). Archer threw the fight once he realized Shirou wouldn't stop fighting even after acknowledging he couldn't physically win. Archer could still cut him down easily, but didn't because he had nothing left to fight for. It was essentially talk-no-jutsu except actually well written and involves little talking. This isn't a generic battle shonen where you can achieve the impossible just because you believe you can, it's the exact opposite.

It was more enjoyable, yes.

I don't know, I'm not Nasu.

One thing I do know is that things would have been easier to solve if he had accepted that Sakura was doing terrible things much sooner. If he accepted this, he could have talked it out with her, and she wouldn't fight against Shirou and his allies in an attempt to bring him out of the HGW. If he formed a plan with Sakura and everyone else early on, they would have had the following people on their team:

Shirou
Sakura
Rin
Archer
Illya
Berserker
Rider
Saber (if Shirou were to take action very early. If not, then they get Saber Alter on their side)

I'm pretty sure they could beat Zouken and Assassin.

>Fate isn't a generic battle shonen

>However, HF does nothing for the Shirou and Archer conflict. Shirou just gives up his ideals for a girl
He never gives up his idea unless you choose to end Sakura and you get Mind of Steel ending.
There has never been at any point a part where Shirou decides to put one life above another. He decides to save Sakura by keeping an eye on her while saving her potential victims by keeping her away from them.

It would be pretty stupid if the "Shirou will never ever give up on his ideal" ending was followed by a "Shirou's thirst makes him give up on his ideal" route. If you paid attention, he never gives up on the hero thing.

>battle shonens usually have a deranged sociopath admitting he's wrong.

>responding to shitposters

> the fight with Berserker in the forest was pretty amazing

mostly due to the OST. Caliburn killing Herakles is a freaking plothole, that has been made even worse now that we know that Caliburn has no special hax that could've made it possible.

> While some of these appear in other routes and Zero, they are from the Fate route.

Zero's point was to be a prequel and to serve as the unseen "Mind of Steel" route.
Fate was an introductory route with a pretty weak romance.
Now, don't be mistaken. I don't think Saber can't fall in love with Shirou. but the whole thing is poorly presented. We never hear what Saber thinks of Shirou, and most of Shirou's inner monologues about Saber could be summed up with
"wow, Saber's so beautiful, I feel so nervous just by being so close to her"

Except he literally lets Sakura kill people at night.

It had a lot more going for it. Zero was pretty great, but F/SN is just better in every regard, I think.
It also had more interesting characters.
I don't believe he did, no. I'll have to re-read the route again but Shirou didn't LET her do anything. He didn't know until it was too late, and when it got to that point he sought alternatives. If he killed Sakura, THAT would be giving up on his ideal.

Honestly, the romance in each route kinda sucks. Shirou's feelings for each of the girls can be summed up like that. And the girl's feelings for Shirou aren't much more complex.

Shirou admits that he knew what Sakura was doing pretty early on. He just didn't want to accept it. Also, she's killing people pretty much until the end of the story.

>Shirou's feelings for each of the girls can be summed up like that
Not really. Did you read Shirou's monologues about Rin in UBW? It's one of the more interesting parts of the route.

I remember that, but I don't have the link either. Maybe ask in a Fate Extra thread.

If you're getting into it with blank slate, then yes, it's still powerful route, because it's the most immersive due to being the first one you get to experience with everything being completely fresh.

Of course if you're a filthy zerofag or any kind of secondary, then the route will be most likely meh at best.

Give me motivation Sup Forums, I'm stuck on HF right when Shirou gets Archer's arm, but I don't feel like continuing. Mainly because VNs are such a timesink.

It's the same basic shit. "I've always admired her, she's the prettiest girl at school. Whoa, don't get too close, my hormones can't take it!"

>Shirou's feelings for each of the girls can be summed up like that.
Because he feels protective of them and likes them but he doesn't love them.
Hell, he loves Taiga more than any other girl. He's just saying things he thinks he should say.
This?
Also does anyone have the image where Shirou says he'll "____" Tohsaka if she tries to interfere and risk Taiga's life? I misplaced it and I don't wanna dig through the VN.

lol. The sad fact is that Nasu pretty much agree with you on the fate route. He said he would do ti differently.

Caliburn is an A+ rank noble phantasm in the hands of a king and can do an attack at the same power of Excalibur but will break.

HF is pretty slow, but it picks up near the end. It introduces plenty of new things, like the Second Magic. You want to know what the Second Magic is? Keep reading. Also, the two ends are great.

This is from a UBWfag. Heaven's Feel has an amazing last quarter of the story.

Yes, but I think the plothole he mentions is that projecting lowers the rank of NPs. So an A+ NP would be reduced to B+, which is not enough to hurt Berserker.

>what are broken phantasms

A B rank sword that is traced will be C rank, but in the hands of a king is A+ rank anyway.

except Alter uses Excalibur in HF and it only takes 2 of Herk's lives.
(was the sword done by the Mud?)

>implying Shirou knows how to do that in the Fate route

This is the only explanation that could work. Shirou traces a B rank NP, making it C. Saber wields it, making it A+, regardless of the rank it was before she grabbed it.

*third done by the Mud

Doesn't mean that Excalibur can only take of 3 lives all the time. Berserker didn't even know that caliburn could fuck him up and kill him 7 times and didn't defend against it.

Shirou cuts off one of Herk's hand even before Saber uses Caliburn.
Of course there is a fan-theory that Shirou's projection "fools" Caliburn to "think" that it's being wielded by Saber.

I think it's because Saber recognized it as being so impeccably perfect and close to the original that it was strengthened.
Remember, Shirou's projections are only as strong as he believes them to be accurate. That's why Kansho and Bakuya shatter so often when he recognizes the flaws in the images he produces. Because Saber grabbed the sword, and they're connected, she might have boosted the image and because he saw her surprised by the sword, he felt more confident in the production and it remained a high rank.

Im legitemately hate myself for ever watching that edgy shit
Every character in Zero is an unlikebale edge lord.
It ruined some of the fun i had imagining what the first war looked like and was so fucking far off FTN's tone that it was unbelievable to me it was the same serise

The only good thing in Zero was Kirei and the episode where Saber got fucking told by the other 2 kings where her only comeback was
>y-you guys are just mean!

It's because the sword is swinging itself and Shirou is just along for the ride.

I like Fate better than Zero, but come on, Waver and Rider were fun. And yes, the Banquet of Kings was pretty amazing.

He grows out of shonnenfaggotry and start to live like a human or something alike, he gets the worst deal ever with broken body and wormwhore as girlfriend.

I really love that part of his ability.
He makes copies so convincing the swords themselves draw in their experiences and start swinging.

Are H/A sex scenes better than in F/SN? I'm expecting tons of it.

It does have sex scenes right?

Yes, but aside from one they're optional whenever you choose so they don't break immersion as much.

It has 1 sex scene in the main story and a few in the eclipse section of the game. They're better than the ones in F/sn because nasu didn't write most of them.