Homes are expensive in Englan-

>Homes are expensive in Englan-

Why does this myth persist? Outside of a handful of hyper-inflated markets like London, English real estate prices are downright reasonable. Why do Britlennials whine so much about something that appears to be a non-issue provided that you avoid the absolute most overheated markets?

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/7900-S-Orange-Blossom-Trl-2024-Orlando-FL-32809/2099876485_zpid/
youtube.com/watch?v=pMHNRfTPfQE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think they want the jobs to go with it.

Also don't forget their taxes are higher than ours.

>Driving 2 hours to work each day
>Every other day you are half an hour late because its a 2 and a half hour drive if it rains

Thats why.

Scunthorpe though, its a shithole

>Some shitty prefab drywall dosshole instead of proper bricks and mortar
>Scunthorpe

Dumb burger. An actual decent 2 bedroom semi is around £150k in a decent area.

i havent seen a "house" like that here, it looks like some amerishack

i guess id buy it for the land and the planning permission, then knock that paper thing down

Can confirm. To most Brits the idea of living in somewhere like Scunthorpe is a nightmare

>Scunthorpe
AHAHAHAHA

>a static caravan in Scunthorpe

Yeah its a real mystery

Is it really all that bad? You're not too far from Sheffield and Leeds, as I look at Google Maps. Fuck, you're not even 55 miles from Leeds, you could walk that shit.

>£39,950
That's just the BBC license

>walk 55 miles
Good fucking luck buddy

You sound like someone who's never walked anywhere. I walk a lot of places; even walking 2-3 miles for a "Daily task" is pretty unfortunate.

>heh, gotta go to work, better walk 55 miles
You're retarded.

>britlennials

do you mean niggers in london lel

You've got to remember our sense of distance is different to yours, considering some states are bigger than our entire country. 55 miles isn't considered close.

just googled the place
NOOOOOPE

Would that steel mill pay good wages?

That's a pikey caravan

60,000 ameribux for a double wide in the Island's asshole.

Meanwhile...

zillow.com/homedetails/7900-S-Orange-Blossom-Trl-2024-Orlando-FL-32809/2099876485_zpid/

You could afford this by picking up cans and bottles from the trash.

nigga thats a double wide trailer home

That home is a prefab in Scunthorpe, have fun in winter.

high population
job shortages
companies dont even have to compete on wages for laborers, they can give you whatever they feel like, so expect min wage

whats a boiler cuboard? to make the water hot?

Due to be shut down because globalization means that its more profitable to have that industry in chinkland.

Sheffield and Leeds are full of Muslims and scum, why would you want to be anywhere near them?
Its like saying "buy a house in Detroit, its cheap and close to Chicago".

>i guess id buy it for the land and the planning permission, then knock that paper thing down
Chances are, it's at a caravan park and you'd only be buying the home itself and not the land. You'd still have to pay ground rent to the park owners. You wouldn't have any building rights.

> Scunthorpe
Why did you pick the shittest area of the UK burger?
Don't be a baby. I can do 5 miles in an hour.

>Americans like living in Rural areas because their country was a giant rural area for centuries.
>their cities have become dangerous ghettos. 70% nonwhite being the main reason

>Europeans are oriented towards cities. Their arrogant outlook of always wanting to appear the best makes them look down on rural living as "below them"
>their cities arent ghettos...yet.

>Russians
>somewhere in the middle. Bizarro land
>cities are richer but not necessarily nicer, contrary to Western beliefs.

I agree, I bought my own home 3bedroom house at 23 years old just over a year ago the problem is there's so many self entitled lazy babies that want to live in the cities that are complaining they can't afford a house. It's because they don't work much or they spend all Thier money on menial things and don't know how to save money.

My gf is like that. Feels like dealing with a child.
She will get 350ruble hipster coffee every day if I dont tell her no and make coffee at home.

I tried to explain how much of her salary she spends on bullshit like coffee but it seems she cannot fully comprehend how much she is being jewed.

>I can do 5 miles in an hour.
Enjoy walking for 11 hours straight then.

What does a flat cost in a smaller town in Russia?

That looks absolutely depressing.

I would probably not want to live in any large western city.

Automate it. Coffee pot with a timer.

Starbucks sells their coffee and syrups online. She gets the same thing without the wait in queue. I am sure the Russian equivalent exists in the same fashion. Appeal to her laziness.

You will never convince people because they aren't buying coffee, they are buying to feed their whimsy.

Prices vary a lot, depends on how nice the town is. But Id say not more than 10-15000 USD

You can usually buy a nice house for around 50,000usd and a less nice house is obviously cheaper.

That's actually a caravan would you believe, it's a prefab, if you take away the trimming at the bottom there'll be a crawlspace likely with the wheels still there. This is not an 'English home' this is a fucking caravan.

>Scunthorpe

it sounds intimidating. What is wrong with the area?

here's the catch: you live next door to the set of a dystopian movie

that looks nice for russia

It's an industrialised area in a post-industrial country. Poor, no jobs, crime.

Is that a clothes dryer in the fucking kitchen m8?

>Being anti social is a crime in the UK

LOL thats a trailer. The type of thing gypsies live in. Also if you delve into the prices you will probably find you have to rent the land that thing sits on too and there might be restrictions on who you can sell it to (like you can only sell it back to the people who own the land).

Naw m8 thats the dish washer

Well its got 'cunt' in the name for starters...

There are more traditional properties available for similar prices.

Scunthorpe has BARGAINS.
Potential for property ladder gains?

Still though, Scunthorpe.
Shit hole.

That would be a warning sign for me. If she is that dumb now with money, then it will get worse over time. She will be pissing away her salary on shoes and clothes, while you pay food and rent.

Tell her to change or dump her.

That is not a home it is a trailer.

Because in the places where the homes are cheap, there is nothing to do.

>tfw just bought a house in a very decent location, surrounded by million dollar homes, for 90k, and it's 4 bedrooms and 3200sqft.

Wait a minute...

It looks like a parkhome , parkhomes are generally leasehold and not freehold

My gf is exactly the same every time she's in town so at least 5 days a week she has to get a Starbucks.

I just can't comprehend that level of retardation, it's expensive as fuck and you can make nicer coffee at home.

anti-social in this context means shit like having your music on really fucking loud, littering, etc.
Basically being a huge, inconsiderate dick.

That's not a house, that's a fucking cabin at best. Who the fuck puts a washing machine in their kitchen.

Fucking britfags.

I can't speak for others, but a big problem for me is that any kind of low income housing can only be found in neighbourhoods full of shitskins. I'd rather be pathetic and live with my parents than live among shitskins.

Same here or you have to go to the countryside where there is no work.

Kitchen is the most logical place for a washing machine given it's one of two rooms with water inlets and the only room with other white appliances

everyone?

Nope, not here. Washing machine is often in the bathroom or separated room with the drier.

my drier and washing machine are both in my kitchen and always have been, I would assume it's the same for most bongs

>Not having a laundry room

Not here m8s, we have laundry rooms, same with Americans and Canucks.

Get on our level.

bathroom? i dont want my kids to drink the washing machine powders, i have a medicine cabinet for them to raid

Thats.. not a house. Also
>Scunthorpe
I'm sure houses are very cheap in the worst parts of detroit too.

pretty sure that's just because you have bigger houses on average and as such need to fill the empty space
jealous tee bee aich

>drink
>powders
i need to sleep

Why hasn't someone painted over the letter S in that sign to make it say "Cunthorp"?

>40sqm house
>laundry room

Are you unironically this retarded?

I'm pretty jealous of Canadians and Americans, those guys have basements.

>TFW no basement :(((((

Well you can enjoy your 40sqm shack m8, ill live like a king.

>:((((((
>space posting
you gotta go back

Northern Brit here.

If a house is under £90k up north, then it's likely in some really shitty, crime-infested area, ex-council, or the house itself needs a LOT of work.

Obviously bungalows like in OP's example will be cheaper, but even so, the golden rule remains: if you buy cheap, you buy often.

>that planted tree in the middle of the garden
>furniture looks like old people lived there
>who planted the tree? what for? did he die? is she by herself now? the tree still grows
sad

Got a mate who works there, he does alright.
He commutes from Lincoln because Scummy is a shit hole.

Not quite right - the issue is we're a small island with lots of people. Rural land in scenic areas therefore costs a metric fuckton

I'd rather have a nice Jayco travel trailer.

I'm 17,000kms away and even here we've heard of Scumthorpe
I knew s bloke from there that used to shoot up heroin under his fucking scrotum!

DEGENERATE

They planted it to hang themselves.

They couldn't wait any longer

Cheap property exists only in regions where the low wages and bag job market make it so they aren't actually cheap compared to the income of people there.
You are committing the fallacy of taking London wage and comparing it to Scunthorpe property costs.

>that looks nice for russia

A lot of these are centrally planned, so they look nice from a bird's eye (the architect's view), but are a pain to live around.

pic of gf and her feet

Nigga we got a jearly event called the Death March and it's a 100km route. You'd be doing more than that. Every day. Are you fucking retarded.

im sure there is, the problem is finding it when you dont live in the area.

JUST

I am genuinely trying to move out of the country. The housing is depressing and expensive.

what constitutes a nice house in the most depressing part of the world

Cheeky cunt, I live in Scunthorpe.

I live like 10 minutes away from OPs image. It's a shitty place that use to be a caravan park. It's basically in the middle of a forest and they use the area to stash old people who're no longer any use to anyone and just waiting to die.

>nigga just drive 2 hours in traffic every morning to work and every evening back home
>like just waste 20 hours of your life per week being mad at other drivers :D

Carslaves are disgusting.

Aren't Moscow and Petersburg the only places in Russia that aren't complete third world shitholes?

sounds comfy tbqh

the difference is that you might get angry during the shorter commute, it doesnt mean losing half the free time you get (or more in case of delays) every single day.

This looks fantastic, Westerners will never be able to appreciate the beauty of dystopian, totalitarian and bleak industrial landscapes.

Why is everything grey?

explain this then slav boy
youtube.com/watch?v=pMHNRfTPfQE

The major issue is that waves don't match prices or vice versa.

I'm in south west England and any sort of reasonable 2 bed house costs 180k.

Even as a full time teacher you get less than 25k, after paying tax and rent you can save at best 200£/month assuming no Starbucks :-p
Do that for 10 years and you can afford a deposit, by then it will be WW3 so it doesn't matter

>Americas
>uncharted land with dangerous natives
>find safety in cities

>Europe
>cities were a home for infectious diseases and massive fires for centuries
>find safety away from others

I've heard this argument heard before in regards to horror, how in US horror tends to take place in the countryside (psycho) and in Europe in the cities (Jack the ripper).

I don't know if it really holds up though.

If you're old and want to retire it actually is pretty comfy. It's not a big house, but living in a forest is comfy and it's a really quiet area of town. The location is also nice for people who do not have to work. Golf course across the road, old fashioned pub and a super market a minute or two away.

If you want to work though it, like the rest of Scunthorpe is a shit hole.

I wouldn't know, I rent and when I move job/office, I just rent a new apartment near it.
I've been working in the capital for 11 years now, and never had to take transport to work/shop/park, I just move to where I can walk 10 minutes.

that actually sounds pretty ideal for retirees

бyквaлнo oпитвaйки ce дa ocтaвям тoэи дъpжaвa
жилищe e мpaчeн и cкъп

How is my Bulgarian?

sounds pretty ideal, we've got a housing shortage here (but we need to take in more migrants!), prices are inflated and half the city is full of shitskins. Otherwise I wouldn't mind moving around the city much. Sadly the other cities in the "randstad" arent much different.

Google translate tier.