Imagine your favorite manga or your favorite anime in mid season all of a sudden changing genres

Imagine your favorite manga or your favorite anime in mid season all of a sudden changing genres.

What would be the most unlikely genre it would change to? what is the genre that you would like it to change to? Also im looking for examples of this happening too.

Berserk is still good, kill yourself.

I didn't say anything about berserk, i just needed a pic to open a thread with

why is chen there

>Absolutely no reading comprehension whatsoever.
At the very least look at the picture, you dumb twat.

Edit.

Low fantasy rip and tear into cutesy harem high fantasy

Oh wait

>No Kerero Gunsou

You had one job

Here I am watching a noir crime fiction when suddenly it becomes SAO. Then it becomes a National Geographic documentary. The fucking nerve, I swear.

Berserk? Blame Idolm@ster

Can you tell us more about it?

>Jojo changing genres
I'll go with my second favorite

Dorohedoro changing into a card game manga would be weird, but it might work with all the Satan shit.

>examples of this happening
Samurai Flamenco doesn't necessarily change genres but there are extraordinary narrative shifts throughout.

In what degree?

well I like Samurai Flamenco and it did this all the time so...

From an ant documentary to sci-fi boat adventures, i can't imagine what the hack that wrote this is thinking. There was even an emotional father son moment, and a boxing match? What a mess.

Are you serious?
>>implying that joking around with every known shonen trope isn't what makes HxH great.

kimihito accidentally bleeds in the food he cooked for all the monster girls and they became aroused by the taste of blood

monster musume turns into a seinen

It is seinen though.

I miss when HxH fans had a sense of humor

Vinland Saga

Suffers from Berserk syndrome

Also I somewhat think Prison School. There was some element of drama / thriller when it had a coherent plot, now it's 100% comedy.

How about Dragonball? It started off as a cool reinterpretation of Journey to the West and turned into some generic manga about steroid up guys beating each other up and going constipated whenever they had to transform.

>Are you serious?
It's supposed to be funny, fampai.

Goes from Kickass to batman to rider to sentai to watchmen to metal gear rising to ultraman to fight club

I haven't read berserk in ages what happened?

They got off the boat.

sounds amazing.

I may have missed a couple of things but that's the gist.

The quality of the show is debatable but i recommend it just for the experience alone.

It's true and probably the best example, but do not let your underage show so hard, Dragon Ball only seems generic because of the ammount of copycats it spawned, also you have obviously never read the manga and your opinion is based solely on the anime.

Seriously

What's Chen problem?

Why that attitude?

I kind of wish Samurai Flamenco was written by someone who's able to really connect disparate threads in an effortless manner (Alan Moore), cause the concepts and shit it plays with is cool but it's not as good as it's premise imo. Instead it ended up being asspull to cover up asspulls, it's amazing.

Steins;Gate went from Slice of life to Sci-Fi Thriller pretty quickly around half way through. Not a complete shift but it's noticeable.

The shift is not unjustified however, mess with time travel and you're sure to attract the wrong people. I like the concept of divergence, you can make a boy a girl or you can have someone live or die or many other things. Like barely avoiding WW3, and saving two of your most important waifus in exchange for turning Dr.Pepper into a generic offbrand that noboy likes that costs almost 3 euros a pop

Shounen and seinen are genres, you fucking idiot. The demographic alone tells you almost nothing of the content. If you were going to pull that reasoning, you're better off quoting the publication it is serialised in. Then again, you're probably a shit eating EOP who doesn't know fuck about anime or manga to begin with.

Spend another year lurking before posting again.

Calling the author a hack and the manga a mess does not imply sarcasm.
>>merley pretending

Dragonball seems like the best example.
Light hearted comedy martial arts adventure with fantasy elements--》sci-fi battle shonen with superheroes and "serious" plot, death, blood, swearing and dismemberment.
Rosario vampire also comes to mind for starting as a plot-light highschool ecchi romance with some battle antics and ends up having world saving plots, angst and MC becoming a superhero complete with plot powerups.

for a short time, then they'll go back to the boat again

That's awesome Chen. Do it again!