You get to turn one western novel into an anime, which one do you choose?

You get to turn one western novel into an anime, which one do you choose?

The Name of the Rose, but set in a nunnery with cute nuns, 2 detective priests played by male MC and his mentor

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 make the characters lolis
No, you faggots would despise it and would call it moeshit and watchers pedos.

use of weapons

Only summerfags would and summer need not reply to this thread.

Lolita by Kyoani.

Neuromancer. Wintermute would be a really kawaii looking cube.

The threads on Sup Forums would be glorious.

Brothers Karamazov, make everyone lolis
Usually like these threads because I find new books to read

Anna Karenina but turn Levin into a otaku neet and make him the mc.

Also replace the trains by trucks.

If you only mean one single novel, then I'd like an OVA production or movie of either The Forever War or Neuromancer. Something that could translate really well visually.

If we can do a series, then an long-term series of the Dresden Files. Simple, easy, already episodic.

It'd be like Patlabor, but without the robots.

Heart of Darkness, just because I'd be really curious to see how they could keep the theme and mood consistent with the book, and what the art-style would end up being.

Since the book is so grim, I imagine it'd end up being quite similar to some of the older stuff from the 80's or early 90's, since I can't think of a modern anime which is nearly as genuinely dark as this book.

Pale Fire

>it's ain't me stats playing

Walden

CGDCT

The Lightbringer series.

I want to see anime levels of edge while Gavin Guile drafts black luxin.

>ASOIAF
>MADHOUSE
>1 COUR
>ALL BOOKS

DUNE by SHAFT

A Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Gotta get that easy isekai money

Maze Runner

>Game of thrones
but with cute girls

also can someone make a webm of this?

>tfw book backlog is longer than anime backlog

Thank god I'm NEET. Don Quixote adapted to modern Japan.

Moby Dick.

jews fears the samurai

I considered that or Mein Kampf (Mein Kampf would be amazing) but neither are novels.

yes

Shawshank Redemption except everyones now a loli.

Everything done by Madhouse.

The Great Gatsby. I'm surprised the nips haven't done it yet, considering it's got enough NTR to choke a horse.

The Island of Dr Moreau

Make them all girls

>book by heretic
not even once
youtube.com/watch?v=IEGo41443iI

it's been done

Twilight

On that note a 40k anime would be amazing, not that we will ever get it since gameshop holds onto the licensing of that like a fucking anaconda onto the last mouse on earth.

Not a novel but I wonder what Death of a Salesman would be like.

120 Days of Sodom

Diamond age. It has a loli, victorian dresses, and chinese you can consider evil. It could pass for a wn.

L'etanger

Notes from Underground

Partners in Crime by Agatha Christie. I want my geeky Jazz Age spy couple, dammit.

The Maltese Falcon. It's got all the makings of a great anime: adventure, fan service, homosexuals, etc.

Gosick was enough geeky spy/detective shit to last a lifetime, I don't need it to crossover with Baccano, I'd rather have it just go away already.

The only one I can think of is "The OuterNet"

Kid gets a laptop for his birthday, but then finds out its a computer from outerspace that can connect to a universe-sized wifi internet. He goes on adventures with a girl.

Sandersonfag reporting in.

>Mistborn Series
>Stormlight Archive

But Tommy and Tuppence are great. Maybe 'N or M?' would be better? It would probably be more unique, since you don't really see married, middle-aged spies that often.

I remember one anime with Poirot and Marple.
Somehow it got a little girl with a duck in it.

Sabriel (The Abhorsen series in General)

Not too long, could be done in roughly 12 episodes per book I'd say. Neat world mechanics, Necromancy is really cool in the series, and I could imagine some of the encounters being really fun to watch

The Lord Of the Rings trilogy

Hyperion Cantos.

My first pick is usually His Dark Materials, aka The Golden Compass series. It has everything you could want in an anime.
>loli MC in fantastical setting
>shota co-MC from our world
>animal sidekicks
>asshole parents
>asshole angels
>armored fucking polar bears
>bittersweet fuck-you ending

approved

What about lolita?

Divine Comedy

The Haunting of Hill House
By PA Works, Madhouse/Mappa, IG, or Kyoani

S-Shuraiku!!

The black company by glen cook

Make the cast all cute girl mercenaries working for the evil magical empress fighting the rebellion that's fighting for hope and justice.

50 shades of grey, but christian grey is a loli, and so is the slut whose name i can't remember

i never finished the amber spyglass and i feel like i did myself a disservice

More old novels should be made into anime with scifi elements

Wow, that's a surprisingly good idea.

catch 22 would work perfectly as an anime

you could get warham fantasy anime, since they killed the setting

I'd like to see the lord of the flies, but with boys and girls, a more mature and dark theme, and possibly a bad end.
But we could always go the harem route.

>Necromancy is really cool in the series
Go on.

Battletech, but only the first 50 novels.

Dickens' novels, especially Great Expectations. I want to see anime Biddy and Estella.

Some Kafka shorts would be nice.

It would be extremely painful.

Three Musketeers would be incredibly cozy.

It's already an anime.

On the Road, but everyone is a loli.

Well fuck me then. Enders Game.

A good Faust retelling like Mann's. Madoka was good but it barely qualifies Might as well go all the way and say Death in Venice.

Other than that Thucydides' Peloponnesian War and Wagner's Ring Cycle would be 10/10s.

I'd pay money for a faithful adaptation in any visual media DESU.

Roadside Picmic
Hyperion
Candide
100 Years of Solitude

that one with the General rebelling against the royal family and killed them then shit gets real and magic shit happens, turns out the royal family is not the royal family and the real royal family is still alive, his son turns out also have magic and they they both fight the enemy.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Man the shrike power level threads would be great.

>warrior vs politician
It was an important fight in that series but a very boring one.

I want the Animorphs to be done as a 90s period piece

But he died before he knew he got NTR'ed. Isn't that a good ending?

It would be awesome to get purple eyed Targaryens, ugly-Tyrion, blue bearder Dario and snow-elf White Walkers.

La Gerusalemme Liberata.
Hands down.

Battlefield Earth

Don Quixote, the original chuuni story.
Make him and Sancho cute girls.

Make it absolutely straight-faced and factual with no sign of snark. But also emulate Toriko in showing people eating and how each particular preparation would be like a combo of 'Best Food X' + 'Best Food Y'.

There's always A Country Doctor.

But Rhaegar was a really good fighter at the same level of Arthur Dayne.

The Epic of Gilgamesh would make a great show, you've got rivals becoming best friends after a fight, a yandere, homolust/bromance depending on tour views, motivational speeches, SUFFERING and hand-holding

>at the same level of Arthur Dayne.
No he wasn't, he was skilled, sure, but not Dayne+Dawn skilled.
Barristan would probably be a more appropriate comparison.

Came into this thread to say this.
God bless you user

>Anno Domini MMXVI
>being a papist
>committing idolatry
>not saving yourself by faith alone

it would be a blast to watch Allomancy and the Surgebinding in action

I would probably choose something like Lucifer's Hammer. Directed by Anno, animated by KyoAni

>Arabian Nights
>produced by Artland

I want more comfy magic mythos please.

Already happened it was top tier