Overlord Anime and Manga

The Road to September begins...

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9gcB1JTS!WHAlQqEoYUgpdy8cdCg5qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Albedo was a mistake.

Time to change from discussion to waifu wars

That's what I've been tryin to say bruddah, no one listens.

Praise be to Yevon

What are the chances Marutama releases the new volume early?

Almost 0%

What are the chances he releases it on time?

Not a chance.

How are the fan translations for this anyway?

I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while but I heard they stopped when it was officially licensed, despite being to around 14 or so. I saw the first volume at Barnes and Nobles and had a gift card as well so I picked it up and now I'm interested, but the wait is pretty brutal.

Basically, would you advise sticking it out or are the fan translations not an excercise in reading comprehension? I've also got no interest in the anime or manga.

The fan translations are not an exercise in reading comprehension. They are properly translated, although the primary difference to note is that Skythewood does JN-->CN-->EN.
The manga is worse than the LNs and the anime is nice for visualising the setting, but it's a little rushed.

>cum assassin
what did he mean by this?

I read a few chapters of the manga after downing the first volume and yeah, it really rushes hard. Anime rushed as well but the visuals are kinda nice so I might skim through.

I hear with the licensing that the translators stopped, but did they take them down? I can look myself but I'd just like to know if I should be hunting down the original translation team or looking for second hand uploads.

>How are the fan translations for this anyway?
The fan translation is better than the official translation. That's not exactly saying much since the official one is being done by Yen Press, but the fan translation is awesome nonetheless. This is coming from someone who owns the Yen Press version.

>Basically, would you advise sticking it out or are the fan translations not an exercise in reading comprehension?
I'd read the fan translation from where you last left off. The only real part of the fan translation that was finicky was the original release of Volume 1, which has already been corrected and which you wouldn't need to read anyway since you have the Yen Press version.
Everything else has been better or on par with the Yen Press version, and is also much closer to the source material without being obtuse and cumbersome to read.

The only thing you need to know before continuing on from the Yen Press version's Volume 1 to the fan translation of Volume 2 is that Peroroncino is a dude. That's about it.

You can find Volumes 1-9 and a ton of bonus materials on Skythewood.
Volume 10 has already been translated by a few kind anons in secret, but links to the pastebin are not supposed to be spread around.

Have fun user, you have a lot to read to catch up.

also assassin

But without her, Shalltear wouldn't be such a tool to be sit on.

>hear with the licensing that the translators stopped, but did they take them down?
Nope, everything that was translated when they stopped translation is still up on the site. The only Volume you can't find on the site per say is Volume 10, which someone could give you a link to when the mod ain't looking.

Even if it gets taken down while you're reading it, there's a few megauploads with pdfs of all the translations floating around you could use to continue.

A killer powered by white substance, duh.

>The fan translation is better than the official translation
That's pretty great to hear. I've struggled through some hard reads on some VNs, so just hearing that makes me much more releived.

>Have fun user, you have a lot to read to catch up.
This is going to be brutal, I'm a binge reader at heart so I don't know if I'll stop when I start. At least I've got tomorrow off from work.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Look for the mega link, it has everything you need.

>This is going to be brutal, I'm a binge reader at heart so I don't know if I'll stop when I start.
I read about 4 volumes in 2 or 3 days with a detached retina, and another 2 volumes in 2 days while recovering from the surgery that fixed it.

It was quite painful, and it was completely worth it.

>How are the fan translations for this anyway?
>lamprey

Finished volume 10 yesterday. Feel short but fucking fun.

>malePero

Oh, be sure to check the second to last comment on Overlord Volume 5 Chapter 4 on Skythewood.
There's a link there you should have.

I would suggest watching the animu before reading the LNs. The voices are spot on and they'll help a lot in visualising the events. Plus, the animu omits a lot of the supporting detail and internal monologues that make Overlord great, so watching the anime after the LN makes it feel very rushed.

I regret bot saving the image of best girl with a qr code

What a time for the archive to be down. I've found one that's about a gigabyte though, is that what I was looking for?

pic related

I am so glad I have the page bookmarked. QR is like some mysterious moon language shit to me though.

So anons what are your predictions for what's gonna happen with Ainz, Aura and Chair when they meet the Dwarves in vol.11?

Misunderstandings, accidental successes, and a ton of Sasugas all around.

Ainz, Aura and Shalltear are going to headbang in the carriage to What Is Love while Hanzo drives.

Does Hanzo eventually unsummon?

He might not. He's a mercenary monster, not a summon.

The Eight Edge Assassins are also mercenary monsters and I don't think they've desummoned yet.
I'd think he'd stick around until he dies.

I wonder if he and DC-dono chat while on assignment. DC-dono is an outrider while Hanzo is a driver; they would probably spend a lot of time riding beside each other on the outside.

>Hey Hanzo, why the hell do you get a name and I don't?

So presumably that number of goblin redcaps that Lupus merc'd out would still exist, perhaps. Wonder if that's just more goblins for Carne village.

They'll fight the Ice dragons
>Aura will tame a dragon
>Ainz summon a zombiedragon or bonedragon
>Chairtear fuck things up again
The dwarves will join the sorcerer kingdom for protection, some of them will live in the town or in the goblin village and produce weapons for the adventurer of sorcerer kingdom.

"Hanzo is also my species name, at least you tamed enough strange to ride that bicorn."

The Lupu Faction goblins act like the Pillar Men from JJBA and have flexing wars with the Enri Faction goblins.

>ay-yii-yai-yeeeah

>chair fucks things up again
Ainz probably brought her along as an advisor. Just ask Chair and then do the opposite of what she suggests. Using such a method you'd never stray far.
Also, overwhelming might is never not useful.

>Shalltear fucked things up, she's useless
>Didn't immediately kill Brain since recognized his relatively high power level
>Said otherwise to him to destroy his morale and break his spirit like many other Nazarick denizens would
>Had no rogue\ranger support, oblivious about escape tunnels, traps and backup retreat messengers since she's a power-build
>Was sure about cornering Brain because of that
>Stopped her blood frenzy immediately to investigate possible relation of Brita to Ainz
>Switched priorities once stronger opponent than Brain was detected
>Managed to disable WCI user while fighting off it's absolute mind-control

They will be meeting the twin witches who turned out to be DFC lolis

>>Managed to disable WCI user while fighting off it's absolute mind-control
This is about her only saving grace.
Though, it would have actually become a calamity if the black scripture actually managed to completely dominate Shalltear and instill her with orders. Ainz would have scried them and his retaliation would be far more terrible when he realizes they're not players and not prepared for his powerlevel.

>Ainz would have scried them and his retaliation would be far more terrible when he realizes they're not players and not prepared for his powerlevel.
Shit would have been biblical, but as it stands, I think his vendetta will probably cool down the more he delves into diplomacy.

What will we get in volume 12? Undead army marching near borders of the Theocracy?

Honestly, hardly any of this is really her fault. I mean, okay, she does blend in well enough to operate in human company, but otherwise nothing about her build or gear is conductive to covert ops and intel gathering. You don't bring a MBT for a sneaking mission. She's a beatstick, pure and simple.
Considering that, I don't think she did *that* badly.

I thought dorfs were supposed to be spread across two books?

Vol.12 is gonna be Draconic Kingdom.

mega.nz/#F!9gcB1JTS!WHAlQqEoYUgpdy8cdCg5qg

overlordvolume10.blogspot.sg

Dragonic Kingdom and Beastmen Nation.

Yep. But the Theocracy is between Ainz's kingdom and Draconic.

Well fuck, I expected Nigel to take a few more days to finish. I guess I'll go read Skeleton Knight or something...

I wonder if Shalltear cant turn it into a vampire-dragon. I do not think Ainz wants to simply kill it since he would probably want to keep it alive and harvest materials from it everyday.

>She's a beatstick, pure and simple.
Truly the best person to act as the bouncer of Nazarick.

>But the Theocracy is between Ainz's kingdom and Draconic.
He can just Gate his ass there.

Ainz is probably going to go through the undead plains to get there, will by chance meet the pirate king and then ride his ship to battle while leading an army of ghost sharks.

Are Sup Forumsnons kill?Or did everyone leave?

Until the next time someone somehow brings up his friends and triggers him again anyway

I wonder what inspiration Demiurge will take from Ainz's effortless "conquering" of the empire, or what Ainz will have the former Martial Lord do as his newest employee

Who's leading Ainzbrowl now that Gazef is dead and Jir cheered for ML?

Mare.

Guardians will never join because the can't view Ainz as anything less then their god.

Ainz-ach, duh.

>implying that stops Alfredo, Demi, Aura, Mare, or Shalltear

>Alfredo
>Aura
>Shalltear
I think you're confusing Ainzbowl with Ainzbrowl here.

It doesn't seem to me like Demi needs something except sausages.

Ainzach is a nice change of pace

Demi sasugasmed when he heard about Ainz subjugating the Kingdom in 3 days.

I think current standings are
>Ainzach
>JUSTniv (lost the lead during the fight)
>Martial Lord
>Fluder (can't get past "muh master" phase)

Mare>Miyoshi>Fem!Pero=Beholder Mage Girl>Bukubuku>Nurunuru>Aura>Fem!Demi>Ainzach>Touch Me>Ulbert>Yamaiko>Solution>Go Gin>other Pleiades>trash>Shalltear>Albedo>Evileye

Empire you dimwit

I'm sorry, I was channelling the spirit of Walking Corpse-sama.

Problem is Demi will consider Sudoku as there's no way for him to vassalize Kingdom in few days without killing thousands of its citizens.

There is one though.
Kill the king with poison, put Renner in charge as queen.

Demi and Albedo are both working on it. At this point they've probably given up on a quick and bloodless subjugation (they've already taken more than 3 days and their schemes will indirectly kill thousands).

Thus, they'll go for absolute and complete submission to Ainz, something like a country-wide baptism, maybe/

Noble uprising would happen.

>Renner is Queen
>clearly states in public that there is shit they can do and that even the Empire who is a lot better than them asked for it so sends request to be vassal of the sorcerer kingdom
>they send DKs as bodyguards

>Ainz thinking that anyone outside of Nazarick is going to cheer for him when not forcefully compelled to

Did he just forget about that time he killed a hundred thousand dudes by himself and yukked it up over his new high score

It's cute that he thinks the public views him as a person and not a horrifying axe lifted over the living world's neck

Eh, that was war, nobody took him seriously, he had to flush out potential MC WCI player from kingdom, Jircniv personally asked him to use his most powerful spell etc.
But yes, it's hilarious.

Can you post the map?

This or the other one?

Thanks.

I still hate this map.

This is the other one.

This is the other one.

Why does Go-Gin have 2 race classes if he's a demihuman?

War Trolls are a subrace of trolls.

Why has there been no reaction from Carne Village especially Enri an Nphirea to the true identity of Ainz Ooal Gown?

But he has levels in both Troll ans War Troll.
I thought it was limited to heteromorphs.

Isn't it more of an evolution?

They're already worshipping Ainz and Momon.

Trolls have been stated to be very adaptable depending on their environment. They probably have troll as a base race and then X troll as a specific adaptation to their conditions.

He does have a point though. The lizardmen in v4 are either Lizardmen (Zaryusu, Zenberu) or Awakened Elder Blood Lizardman (Crusch).

Then again, Lizardmen aren't as adaptable as trolls.

As demihuman he should just have levels in War Troll.
Just like Crush has levels in something something lizardman. She doesn't have levels in normal lizardman.

Yes, they worship him, but don't know he's a Skeleton, right?

Well the cop-out answer is "It's the New World, things work differently there."

At this point they won't care any more, since he gave them an army to fuck up the Kingdom with. Plus, even before that:

>
All of this was thanks to Ainz Ooal Gown, who had saved the village and given it much support. In addition, the Dark Hero Momon had subdued the Wise King of the Forest. Many people in the village gave thanks to the two of them, and some even prayed to them over breakfast, revering them in the same breath as they did the gods.

Random Dwarf: "OH GOD A DRAGON IS ATTACKING CALL THE KING"
Aura: "Aw he's cute can I have him Ainz-Sama?"
Ainz: "Sure, but don't play too long, we're here on business."

Queue entire country shitting themselves when Aura beats a dragon down with her bare fists into submission and begins playing with it.

He was a normal Troll but because he fought alot battles he evolved into a War Troll, that's why he has 2 race classes.

>bare fists
>not whip
>Shalltear lends her the Mask of the Dominatrix for faster breaking, also supplies dragon-sized collar and ballgag and chastity cage

Phillip will kill Ainz Ooal Gown. There difference between them is only small.

>dragon
>not ancient eldrith horror that was sleeping deep underground untill dwarfs looking for new rare metals woke him up

Philiph, start by learning english.
Look at the map.