BBC's Pidgen language

So has Sup Forums discovered the glorious meme mine that is BBC Pidgen?

Shits the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/pidgin
bbc.com/pidgin/world-41317443
bbc.com/pidgin/tori-41364487
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bbc.com/pidgin

link

It's absurd

Half this board was threads from BBC Pidgin a few weeks ago, it still gets posted sometimes. It's funny as fuck.

I remember being in school and my English prof would say that mms messages etc will kill the English language.
no, niggers will.

Eat de poo poo

Top kek

Sorry lad, been buried under thesis submissions.

Everything is better in BBC pidgin. Everything.

So do they have a machine that translates this from regular English or does somebody literally spend all day typing this out

lol

Man. The fucking one about Indian women getting a divorce because they don't have a toilet still fucking slays me.

my sides really really hurt from laughing! Thanks OP!

What a fucking joke.

kek

the "Norfuk Ailen Wikiped" is also good for laugh

when is google translate going to add pidgen?

>Even Africans hate refugees

based

Dey dem gon be rayciss, bix nood mohfugguh google crakaz. Knaw meen nigguh

bbc.com/pidgin/world-41317443

>Police for Colorado, United States, dey find one mystery jogger, wey dem don give di name "Mad Pooper", wey dey always go poo-poo outside di house of one family.

This is so fucking retarded, not to mention insulting. I assume this is for Jamaicans and based off of Jamaican Patois.

Well I actually have family in Jamaica and the news there is written and spoken in normal English so then why the fuck is the BBC in the fucking UK writing the news as if they were uneducated bush peasants and sugar cane farmers? This is so unbelievably fucking stupid and helps nobody.

This is some fucking scam some nigger snowflake cooked up and sold the idea to BBC execs as being "PC" and "helping people of color". No it is not, its not helping anybody, and this nigger probably got a promotion to manage this shit and is making bank cucking these BBC retards.

West african. Not Caribean.

Its very similar, if not identical.

>I have family in Jamaica
>t-they can r-read and write guys

KEK

I'm sure your Marley island senpai is jammin man

>Its very similar, if not identical.
This is so fucking retarded, not to mention insulting.

Im not Jamaican, Im white, born and raised in Chicago. I just have family there.

Jamaicans are retarded but all mainstream and important news is spoken and written in regular English.

Man dem angery way you no calm dem go poopoo. Aight?

This isn't Jamaica though. In West Africa, Pidgen is spoken a lot more, and English a lot less.

Replace "dia" with "dem" and its fucking nearly the exact same shit.

Its fucking embarrassing. Seriously, the world's premier broadcaster sinking to such a childish level speaks volumes about the state of Britain today.
>Stupid Britain

It's actually based on nigerian vernacular.
Try to look at the page and its details before you embarass yourself.

It is just an artifact of african low intelligence that all pidgen dialects are childesh in the same exact ways. It shows how the african mind works, that multiple language groups can't speak it correctly in the same exact ways.

Fuck off you snowflake nigger. Nobody cares what shit variety of English it is. The only thing embarrassing here is the BBC printing this crap like its legitimate. No need to verify on their page that its a retarded fucking idea.

Lmao it's Papua new Guinea language. Island off Australia... Full of aboriginal like nignogs

The Pidgin site makes even less sense now that the BBC launched news sites in Yoruba and Igbo. It's a gimmick, nothing else.

it's not a sjw ploy, as it may seem at first

it's an arm of the new British imperialism
mulimedia in pidgin, targeting countries like Nigeria and Ghana with British propaganda.
The BBC don't do stuff for no reason, think of it as a shady arm of the government. They want a trustworthy service of delivering """fake"" news to the pidgin speaking communities.

"Pidgen" is just fucking retarded, demolished English with some local African loan words mixed in- just like Jamaican Patois! Yet even though Jamaican Patois is the preferred "language" of 95% of Jamaicans, they can still bridge to written and spoken regular English without problem. Stop with this stupid "muh super sekret Nigerian Pidgin" snowflake bullshit.

I thought this was completely bonkers, but then wondered if this actually this is part of a larger strategy. Firstly this is actually apparently the most common vernacular spoken in parts of north Africa. Can anyone in the region confirm this, if it is true are they accurate translations?I think the idea behind it is to provide news as a service to that part of the world. The underlying reason is about trade. This isn`t aimed at anyone in the UK, it is like the world service. Someone somewhere giving out grants to the BBC has decided they want the UK to be looked on kindly in that part of the world prior to us being able to negotiate our own trade deals. Like it or not the demographics indicate Nigeria alone will have over a billion people soon.

It's my go-to online news source now.

The real joke is that UK taxpayers are paying for all of it.

Yes, but most people who can read BBC in Pidgin can read it also in English or French, which is why the site is a gimmick. People who don't understand English or French but sometimes communicate in Pidgin are likely to be illiterate or otherwise unlikely to use the site.

It's a vehicular language between speakers of different languages. I'm sure the site can generate some goodwill and jokes, but it's not really a key language for the purpose of communicating ideas to target populations. If it were, they wouldn't have also launched Igbo and Yoruba sites, and these languages are actually the native language of large numbers of people unlike Pidgin.

D I V E R S I T Y
H
I
R
E

my fucking brain cells
dear fuck

Pay attention to the words that have to be written normally, like "international agreement." there is no pidgin equivalent, because such concepts don't exist for the speakers

kek, hadn't noticed that.

>Another "its a nigger boy builds X"

>cockroach business
>'open my life'
Fucking lol

bbc.com/pidgin/tori-41364487

>Im talk about how im organisation, Gates Foundation, dey help try reduce number of mama and pickin dem wey dey die for di country.

Dem whites dey genocide ma peoples. Dey invent marxism dey white devils.

How does one go about learning pidgin, the language of the future?
Seriously asking.

I think you mean licence fee payers? and no we don't, this is part of the BBC world service which isn't paid for by the british

lobotomize yourself, there you go, now you can speak only perfect pidgin.

These people actually pay out of their tax pockets to fund this.

Wow de pidgin don start mi
No wey

Nigerians are the African british.

see
what's the difference between this and, say, BBC in french or japanese? it's just another language

Now dey we speak de pidgin. Sup Forums don be pidgin now.

I don't get it. Why is this noteworthy?

>BBC Pidgen?
Why not cockney?

How is this even pronounced? I keep thinking it's "hood speak" but even that sounds more logical than this in my head. What is this

>How does one go about learning pidgin, the language of the future?

You am learn good-good speak. You then are learned pidgin.

Use them good-good speak but talk them dumb-dumb.

Me am found relevant image.

How can English even compete

pickin = children
dem dey pickin no go poo poo