Daily reminder that if you prefer Rei over Asuka you may actually suffer from brain sclerosis

daily reminder that if you prefer Rei over Asuka you may actually suffer from brain sclerosis

Other urls found in this thread:

forward.com/opinion/national/342905/decoding-an-anti-semitic-meme-donald-trump-supporters-took-from-anime/
youtube.com/watch?v=fJV3XY1f0yo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
psychologytoday.com/blog/sense-and-sensitivity/201201/the-highly-sensitive-person-and-the-narcissist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Asuka in period time

What do people actually see in Asuka? I can't fathom the rabid fandom she has. Rei is floppy noodle of a thing, sure, but having no strong postive or negative qualities has to make her better than someone with literally nothing but aggressive negative traits like Asuka, right?

>aggressive negative

Well that is only because shinji is to much of a pushover too do anything

speaks three languages though

Dude, Asuka is a bitch. Loud and hostile. But she's hot though. I'll give her that much.

Good thing I don't then.

>someone with literally nothing but aggressive negative traits like Asuka
That's where you're wrong

Friendly reminder: If you prefer Asuka or Rei over superior Misato (Original and Pre 3.33, not the shitty 3.33 version), then you are crazy.

People who unironically prefer Rei over Asuka didn't get the point of Eva and have absolutely no understanding of the basics of the series.

How do we stop the evil Asukafags?

forward.com/opinion/national/342905/decoding-an-anti-semitic-meme-donald-trump-supporters-took-from-anime/

>Trumpfags
>evil
Cirno News Network detected

>muh dad
>muh alcoholism
>muh penguin

>One meme, however, grabbed my attention. Posted several times, it featured a female, catlike anime character wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, her hands/paws in attack mode. Despite a fair amount of googling and searching databases of memes, I couldn’t find anyone decoding this particular image.
>Despite a fair amount of googling and searching databases of memes, I couldn’t find anyone decoding this particular image.

You're allowed to like both y'know.

>20 years later and people are still trying to decode Eva
Truly the greatest anime of all time.

This has to be satire, right?

tbqf no anime before Eva was that memetic

I don't think so. The memetic warfare is getting out of hand.

Why didn't he comment on Momiji/Awoo? That's posted a dozen times in every thread and far more prominent than a random MAGA shop of Asuka.

daily reminder that if you enjoy Eva the world suffers from your existence.

I guess he has already decoded that one.

Elaborate

What if I prefer Rei simply because her visual design is more appealing to me?

like asuka's mom right ? AHAHA

Hi Gendo

I like more Ritsuko, she's my best girl

youtube.com/watch?v=fJV3XY1f0yo

Hey, I didn't say you were allowed to like Mari.

>That's where you're wrong

Not really, no. She's like the very definition of narcissistic personality disorder.

Asuka is a hot bitch and I want to reinforce her narcissism

Daily reminder that if you actually like Evangelion you ARE Brain damage.

This would only be a problem if she were a grown woman

Hello.

>not loving tsunderes

it's an acquired taste and I wouldn't expect all the normies, spics and plebs on Sup Forums to understand

Reporting for doody!

I'd say being a vapid, selfish cunt is a problem at any age.

Except Asuka isn't a tsundere, she's just a rabid bitch.

It's called puberty
Also, nothing a good dicking can't fix

No need for a name take or even the plug suit. We all know who that is.

no she isn't and there's several occasions where she is not a complete bitch to Shinji

*tag

You think she's just "being a typical teenage girl"? No dude, She has a severe psychosis. It's made abundantly clear in the series.

Nothing a good dicking can't fix

Actually, you are not allowed, are you a Marifag? Choose red or blue, faggot.

List three.

Yes she is. We've had a million threads explaining how Asuka is not a tsundere because she's all tsun and no dere.

She's not some tough exterior masking soft core: she's a narcissist. She's wired to only care about her ego and nothing else.

>sticking your dick in crazy

Good luck with that.

Man, going into this anime I thought there would be a lot of "Do you prefer apples or oranges? Mr. Ikari, the choice is yours." kind of thing due to all the Rei vs Asuka arguments. I must say I was greeted quite differently. Thought they were gonna kinda clamor over him.

I want to tease Asuka.

I'll take my chances, thanks

yeah that's why at the end of 3.33 she decides to take care of Shinji right? or aids to rescue him from space? what about choosing to leave her ego aside to work together with him in the choreography chapter? what about deciding to leave instrumentality to be with Shinji?

you're all retards who missed the points on the characters, they are all fucked up with trauma and the fact that someone like Asuka can even show moments of kindness to an whiny unmotivated bitch like Shinji shows that she's not a one dimensional character who's all tsun

>inb4 movies not cannon

Asuka's psychology was one of the most interesting parts of the show to me. I think I found her insecurities relatable. Also, I remember my older sister doing crazy shit when she went through puberty as well.

Soryu is not Shikinami. Shikinami is a tsundere, that's clear in 2.0. Even Miyamura separates both characters when she works for this same reason.

>3.33

lol kindly fuck off.

>inb4 movies not cannon
To be fair, Soryu and Shikinami are more or less different characters

Personally I liked her because she was the only one who genuinely liked and took pride in being an Eva pilot. She was smart and only a bitch to Shinji because he's a beta faggot and Rei because of her problems with dolls. She had a girlfriend whom the name I forgot and always acted nice towards her.

Rei was a fucking nothing.

>what about deciding to leave instrumentality to be with Shinji?
what? maybe you were the one missing the point of the characters, she left instrumentality because she doesn't want to die and instrumentality is just that, she said it so a lot of times in eoe, it has nothing to do with shinji

Updated remake of the original series with highly upgraded animated and animation style when? I'm tired of seeing the blocky choppy characters every time I rewatch it.

ok, what about the examples from the series? I guess Asuka doesn't care a bit when Shinji's swallow by the angel

you fell for the women hate meme and can only concentrate on the bad atributes of developing characters

I guess Shinji's just a pussy, Rei's just a robot, Katsuragi's just a bitch, etc.

>image
Delete this

m8 I don't hate Asuka at all and agree with your points, I just pointed out that her in the show != the Asuka in the movies.

the fuck is wrong with you it's beautiful

You've clearly never dealt with someone like this in real life.

Narcissists aren't running around fucking everyone over 24/7 wearing their selfishness on their sleeve. They'd never survive that way. The point is that their core drive is unrepentantly self-motivated and self-aggrandizing. They do stuff that SEEMS nice enough, but it's ultimately all about securing their narcissistic supply: a reliable, convenient source of praise/attention.

Asuka's not some evil monster, but she is, at the end of the day, a selfish bitch even when she's having moments of momentarily setting it aside to get shit done. You're just fanwanking.

the choreography chapter was cool as it seemed they were finally getting along, but in the end of the chapter they were back to usual
even Misato points out in later chapters how bad their relationship is going to Ritsuko and speaks about how it'd be better to stop living together

Underplaying Asuka's flaws like that. Her personality in general is pretty disagreeable. More than Rei and Shinji ended up on the receiving end of her bad attitude. She was so passionate about piloting because it was the only thing that made her feel relevant. Not to say there isn't anything good about her.

> Rei was a fucking nothing
This is a lie

maybe Rei was nothing maybe not

it doesn't matter she's disposable people

No it's not you stupid fagget bitch face! They could always improve the animation. Your idiot brain is just filled with nostalgia because you don't realize that the original would still exist.

Rei could be removed from the show and have little impact on it, I feel.

I bet you dislike LOGH as well you visualcuck

No, see you think this is about not seeing the complexity of the character, and it's not.

It's about understanding that yes, everyone is complex and there are reasons for their behaviors and they often even have a redeeming quality or two, but that people who ultimately act wholly in their own self-interest aren't worth that kind of understanding on your part. You're just making excuses for Asuka's bad behavior, and if you haven't learned it already you'd better learn to just not fucking bother with people like that. They thrive on your patience and understanding because they can't believe you're stupid enough to put up with their bullshit and believe their facade.

Asuka is unlikable. Everyone knows it but Shinji who doesn't have high enough self-esteem to grant himself the permission to just write her off entirely.

I never got the impression that Asuka was narcissistic to the core. For me it was more a way of dealing with all the shit in her life (teenage angst). She sheltered herself in that way. During her meltdown you can see she does not believe what you just said, she needs other people deep inside and not just as means to realize her objectives.

I can't believe you went through the whole series seriously believing she just cared about herself.

Not trying to be rude, but that's because you don't understand what you're looking at. It's a personality disorder, not teen angst. She's a fictional character, but there are lots of people who are very much like her and I assure you that if you had any intimate dealings with them you'd feel differently.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Asuka just suffered from insomnia from sleeping on shitty Japanese "beds"

>She was so passionate about piloting because it was the only thing that made her feel relevant.

And what's so bad about it? While Rei always deemed herself as disposable and Shinji never though much of himself, Asuka was the only one who latched on the one thing who made her feel worth. She had personality, she lived for herself and tried to make her presence as something to be needed. She was by far the most relatable and while sometimes I did feel bad for both Shinji and Rei that was only because I had perceived their point of views and struggle. To Asuka they were nothing but people who lived by the want of others. She wasn't perfect but she tried the most to surpass her struggles. Maybe just not by the right means.

Isn't it wrong for Shinji to be with Rei?

I'm not saying I dislike the original but I want to see a better animated one so that I have the option to watch it again with better animation and still be able to watch the old one for nostalgia sake you freckle faced shit fuck.

The thing is I don't think she was meant to be a likeable character, pretty much all the main characters are not likeable (except Kaworu and Misato). But even characters that are not meant to be likeable can have good traits and some sort of development, it depends on how the story is played out.

I don't think Asuka was just 100% narcissistic without the possibility of change cause her actions and what the show gives us insight of disproves it.

>you fell for the women hate meme and can only concentrate on the bad atributes of developing characters
This so much. Asuka's just a kid at the end of the day. I've known plenty of girls and guys like her. Asuka wouldn't be hard to deal with as a person, in fact I actually really like her personality. I have a quick wit and like to argue so I'm generally inclined towards that kind of personality as opposed to someone who is quiet and dimure like Shinji and Rei, if I had to pick between the three of them I'd prefer to hang out with Asuka. Hell nobody else in the school seems to have a problem with her.

Shinji is with Kaworu already.

but it already happened and we got Chinsuka and crappy CGI, you're up for disappointment

I like asuka better but her bangs look like a mustache

DELET THIS

Go watch the Rebuild movies, faggot.

>And what's so bad about it?

It was bad because it was just a tool for her to garner praise and attention from others. She's a hypocrite. She thinks she's different from Rei and Shinji because she perceives them as self-deprecating but doesn't realize that she herself has low self-esteem and is just as (if not moreso) reliant on the opinions of others to feel good about herself.

Her confidence is a lie, an overinflated self-image. She's trying to convince herself and others of her greatness because she's trying to turn herself into something that is so valued and important that she is indisposable. She wants to be essential to the organization and others because she has severe abandonment issues.

Hence the whole "look at me mama!" shit in EoE. At her core, she's starved for maternal praise that was fundamentally denied to her and she is overcompensating.

She helps, albeit unintentionally, with Shinji overcoming his early anxieties and a small hint of romance grows between them. Plus she adds to the atmospheric vibes of the show. Her struggles with self-worth and replaceability are interesting. Then later on she goes Lilith on us. The overall experience would certainly be different without her presence.

Asuka was coping with feelings of irrelevance, among other issues. Everyone deals with a problem in their own way. Shinji and Rei are relatable too. But it depends on an individual perspective. Shinji is afraid of hurt and failure, so he avoids situations where others depend on him. As for Rei, she hasn't really known anything else. She was raised to serve one purpose and she knows that she can be replaced at any moment. So she simply does as instructed as best as she can and doesn't get emotionally attached to anyone or anything besides Gendo (who probably praises her for her obedience). But even in NGE she begins to open up and discover more to life.

>i want gainax to make asuka more like my moeblob waifus
>i dont like le old anime i only care for things that are good drawings XDD
back to sao, you dont belong here

>nobody else in the school seems to have a problem with her
In one of the early episodes it shows all the girls besides Hikari fucking hate her. Plus Touji and Krnsuke, who say the guys would stop drooling over her if they knew how she was really like.

I don't know user! I just don't know! Maybe they just need to make the entire series in claymation or a almost hentai DXD version or some shit! I just want to see it again with different animation. It's not like they won't make money on it.

she's definitely got serious issues, but I agree that there's an endearing spark in her that makes me sympathize with all her emotional baggage

What if they made the same version but everybody was the opposite sex?

psychologytoday.com/blog/sense-and-sensitivity/201201/the-highly-sensitive-person-and-the-narcissist

Don't get me wrong. I know that Rei has a significance to the plot, but she feels like more of a plot device than a character. I guess it's meant to be that way.

As a disclaimer, I've only just finished the original series, haven't watched the movies or rebuilds.

Masochists.

Yea and the female version of Shinji actually fucked the Male version of Misato instead of what actually happened. Little twists here and there.

>she wants to be useful and cared about
>but only because she's an unrepentant bitch liat who only cares about herself!!

why so much hate user?

wanting to feel important to others so she can deal with the abandonment she suffered when she was a child is not so bad, it's her own way of dealing with it even if the way she does it is not the best

denial and sheltering are important topics in the series, you're just dismissing her good traits because of her "unlikeable" personality

Even Anno didn't care for her.

what if evas rode giant humans?

would that be decomposition of decomposition?

Instead of Eva's they could just be sexy body armor that only they can wear that makes them extremely strong and the Angels are literal angels that they have to fight until they destroyed all their body armor leaving them nude so that they are sent to hell.

You're trolling or a moron. Rei and Shinji are indispensable parts of Evangelion. If anything, Asuka is the one who's fairly easy to write out as she holds little relevance to the plot.

Try watching it again. There's a reason Rei has an overwhelming amount of popularity (Though not quite as popular as Asuka in Otaku circles), and that's her interesting and frankly really unique and standout character arc.

>even
For one, that's not actually true. Anno liked Rei enough that he put a serious level of effort into writing her in the original series, and for another he was so mad about her that he tried really hard to devalue her in 3.0.