Why are houses so expensive now?

Why are houses so expensive now?

same bullshit reason mobile homes are looked down upon

custom shit is always more expensive

>mass illegal immigration
>niggers ruining neighborhoods faster than we can fix them
>(((investors))) buying up all the houses on credit then renting them out for twice the mortgage payment
>young people need a place to live

>What is inflation

>Canada
>pic related is over 1 million dollars

because fuck you, thats why

>meanwhile in US of A
>only 12 THOUSAND DOLLARS
WTF

Government regulations keeping millions of houses from being built

Chinese people with money

Offer and demand. Why do you think it's so important to keep importating millions of illegals?

it's not inflation, idiot

they used to build tens of thousands of the same thing and people were happily buying them

now that would really hurt the resale value, people became retarded and aren't just happy to have a good house of their own

Is that a joke? holy fuck

>Gary, IN

>Gary, Indiana
Gary's 85%% black.

It's not inflation you fucking pasta nigger. The cost of a home and the barrier of entry into home ownership has far outpaced inflation rates. 25 years ago my uneducated working class parents purchased a 3 bedroom home in a nice neighborhood for roughly 50k. Both were making 10 dollars an hour. Good luck doing that today with the roughly 17 dollars an hour when accounting for inflation.

Stop cherry picking retard.

You can find affordable houses like in the US if you looked in Manitoba or Saskatchewan.

That's why I built a cuck shed

Besides inflation, the Federal Reserve and population growth?
Loads of boomers bought them as retirement security, at least they did here.

That house has fucking crime scene tape across the front steps.

Investment realestate. People buy a house, then turn around and sell it for more than they paid for it to somebody 5 years later to somebody else who does the same. As cities grow so do wages but real estate in desireable areas isnt something that they can make more of, so it becomes more valuable.

In canada, australia, and parts of california chinks are intentionally paying more than a house is worth to launder and hide money out of china. So the prices on everything go up.

assuming this is around 1950, it would be 800-900 dollars a month today, or 122,000 in whole

that's still very cheap for a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house

>undervalued home
>Gary, IN
It's almost as if nobody wants to live in a nigger-infested shithole where all the industry and jobs left decades ago. Really doodles your noodles.

Gary, IN. Former murder capital of the US and black infested shit hole.

Because there's a demand for them? Supply and demand....pretty simple

Because we need more immigrants, Goy! more! more growth, more increase, until fifty of you will fight over a single grain of rice!

It smells like shit, too

speculation and various tax incentives for people who own but don't actually live in their houses

People will always need places to live.

Houses aren't really more expensive, wages are depressed.

>Meanwhile for half as much in Canada you get wood floors

It costs a lot to avoid minorities.

Inflation
strict and ever growing regulation on all aspects of home building
A lot of cities you need city approval to build a home and some of them will make you change the design to something more expensive so they can tax you more.
Jews.
Urban overfill.

In my area a nice 80-90s built 1200 sq foot home can be had under 90k, 120k if you want acreage on top of it.

>122k is very close for a brand new 4 bedroom 2 bath house today
Yeah okay you retarded 20 year old. Good luck finding that outside of the middle of nowhere.

Just shut up if you are clueless man

NIMBYs who own houses now always vote against policies that would reduce house prices so they don't lose money on their investment. In general, this means that building cheap, dense housing is illegal because of rules like height limits.

This is what happens when you allow foreign investors to buy everything without repercussion

>reading comprehension: 0

good lucky user, it's hard being retarded

And that attitude is why so many can't afford a house.
>I want a 3000 sq foot home in downtown Seattle
>What do you mean its not under 100k!? Housing is so expensive!
Eat a dick.

Asking the wrong question...

Why did the dollar lose all of its value?

1. Globalisation
Nowadays you don't just have to compete with just the people in your country, now everyone wants a piece of the cake of living a comfy life in the west. It's basic supply and demand. If people weren't willing to pay such prices, housing wouldn't cost that much.

2. Housing market
People used to own houses to live in them, now they have a value beyond that. Boomers having the brilliant idea and making an investment out of housing and property, driving the prices up and sucking the last shekels out of the following generations who are desparate and willing enough to buy into their crap.

3. Stagnating wages, increased cost of living, the abundance of good jobs.
Self explanatory. But you can thank women and feminism a lot for that, wages half halfed since they entered the work force. Lot's of jobs being outsourced, automation, all of this also drives up the housing prices because the few rich boomers and the banking jews are the ones who profit from it.

Pic also related. If the zoning laws were relaxed, most of the houses seen here could be replaced with really dense apartments, which would reduce prices by increasing supply.

Inflation.

a major factor in the rise of housing costs over the decades is the destruction of small cities, and all of the growth going to these coastal metropolises
when half the nation flocks to a few dozen areas in order to have a decent career that messes with housing costs

double income families and other jewish trickery

Honcouver. Probably not.

Houses aren't more expensive, land is more expensive. Houses just happen to be on top of the land.

Too many people. Look at maps of populations, just about everywhere theres population centers, roads. More advanced technology pushes this trend even more, problem is with increasing tech you drop test levels which over time demotivate people to do things and keep society running. Its all a delicate machine and without it, we don't exist since probably 2 percent of humanity could live without it.

Housing prices are the true pacesetter for living, not inflation like they say

The cost of housing today has exceeded the cost of housing in the past even when accounting for inflation.

Nuke plz

I'd rather not live in a trailer park filled with meth heads and various forms of white trash.

>more people means comfy acres converted to slum tenements with dozens of rent payers
>if we had open borders it'd add trillions to the economy

because you can get loans that take half your life to pay off.

Housing used to be a long term thing. Somebody bought a house, then lived in it thier entire life, then passed it on to the kids. Once real estate became an investment people would buy a house, live there a few years, sell it for more than they bought it at, and buy a nicer house. Rinse-repeat.

Boomers went fucking cocoo for coco puffs over realestate investment because it meant a guy who started out with a $30,000 house in 1970 could sell it for $60,000 in 1980, buy a nicer house, then sell for $120,000 in 1990. The loan brokers and assorted finance kikes surrounding banks began giving out loans to people who could never afford to pay them off because if worst came to worst they could always resell the home at a profit. This exponentially accelerated the housing inflation and from the 90's into late 2007 retiring boomers were having a hey-day selling thier $120,000 homes for 250,000, then 350,000 then 400,000. Then one day it hit a point where nobody was willing to pay that much and the economy got fist fucked.

>filled with niggers
>air smells like toxic waste
>no jobs
still indiana though, low taxes, decent gun laws

Double income doubled the price of housing instantly.

WHATEVER YOU THINK GOYIM, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REGULATIONS, CENTRAL BANKING POLICY, OR ANYTHING RELATED TO KEYNESIAN ECONOMICS.

AUSTRIANS ARE EEEEEBBBILLLLLLLL ECONOMISTS, WE KEYNESIAN ARE THE GOOD GUYS. NEVER FORGET THAT GOYIM. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FABIAN SOCIETY, FRANKFURT SCHOOL, OR ANY SORT OF MARXIST/JEWISH SUBVERSION.

oy vey..........

There is a demand for cars, why are they so cheap? Checkmate faggot.

Near where I live I can rent a week on about £100 which is quite good, one of the best rates in the entire country.

house prices are up because there are too many people.

Why so expensive?

I lost a bit of my soul looking at that pic

Where the hell do i go if i don't want to be a total cuck in canada?

That shit looks like someones first city in Cities:Skylines

its sim city made by a very souless person.

Leave the big cities. Not hard.

Some asian countries have the right ideas regarding foreigners buying real estates, don't quote me on that but I think Vietnam is one of them. What they do is that they allow you to buy a property and then after a certain amount of time has passed you are obligated to buy it again if you want to keep it(pay the gov)

>inb4 commie
>inb4 muh free trade
Who cares about foreigners, enjoy the chinks blowing up realestate prices

I hate this shit so much.

>Be german ancestry Texasbro and marry my german love to have traditional family.
>Houses range from $220K-$400K where we live.
>Announcements coming regularly of more and more companies moving from out of state to Dallas Fort-Worth (Plano mainly)
>Housing prices are already going up purely on speculation.
>$100K combined income and increasing and we are still unable to pursue a home for 2 years.
>tfw housing prices will outpace our raises and bonus pay.
>tfw may have to leave home area due to faggots from Seattle and California.
>tfw just want to raise white family and have my wife stay at home one day.

Picture mainly unrelated.

We're creating wealth goyim, You should be thanking us. If you want in the game you should just take out a huge loan, just sign here and worry about the fine print and interest rates later. And if you cant pay it you can always sell if for more than you borrowed! Whats to think about goy? Just sign here!

Isn't Baghdad, Iraq Safer?

>Why are houses so expensive now?
The same reason why everything is expensive (the dollar keeps losing value).

What part of Texas you live? I'm in DFW and it's so full of these damn lefties it's driving me crazy

That's $908 a month if this was in 1950, and $750 a month if it's in 1960. Roughly 110,000 total.

You can def buy a house for this much nowadays, especially a hunk of shit like in your pic.

But to answer your question, zoning and over regulation is generally what causes housing prices to skyrocket in certain areas

Boomers.

where is this?

>Prince Albert, SK
Enjoy living in bum fuck nowhere drinking well water with a bunch of fucking farmers for the rest of your days

Because women started working so dual income families became the norm so everyone could jack up house prices.

>he doesn't drink RO-filtered well water
Enjoy your precious bodily fluids being corrupted by the jews and the soviets friendo.

People here are complaining about how this looks, but are simultaneously bitching about insanely high prices.

Dumbasses, if you want to decrease prices, you need to increase supply. This is what increases supply looks like.

There are really nice trailer parks out There. Not even expensive trailer parks, just pleasant.

Keep using that male vitality and colloidal silver good goy :^)

This this this

That's due to foreclosure; occupants were almost certainly evicted with help from Lake County Sheriff (who left the tape). This property was sold in 2016 and new owner has tried (unsuccessfully so far) to "flip".

unironically this

>the controlled opposition's Bottled-Jew
No thanks :^)

WHAT YEAR IS THIS FROM

It will try its hardest to be #1 again!

what I want to know is why are the roads so empty?

location location location. Theres still cheaper housing

Why should everything be pretty and whimsical?
This layout saves area.

1950s

This is the response a middle-aged woman would give with very little knowledge about real estate.

doesn't this show it was related to Reagan's Garn-St. Germain Depository Act?

Our economy is based on credit

San Francisco
Density looks like 20+ story buildings, not hundreds of 2-3 story buildings.

Quebec province, somewhere Montreal and Quebec city, heard living in any city between is cheap af

he's actually totally correct.

ok ty

the city you can smell before you see

This may actually be from sim city so I may in fact be retarded