Bali volcano has 'quite big' chance of eruption; 120,000 flee

foxnews.com/us/2017/09/28/bali-volcano-has-quite-big-chance-eruption-120000-flee.html

They have two choices.
Sacrifice a virgin to Vulcan.
Ask Saint Agatha of Sicily for her intercession with God to stop the eruption.

bump

Both being totally useless and heretic... rather flee

Would it be Krakatoa tier?

They said within 24 hours several days ago.

It never happens.

There's a couple more things you can do, we usually burned Huinca towns as a tribute, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

That's a way of making people hurry the fuck up and evacuate

>Saint Agatha of Sicily known for her intercession stopping eruption of Mount Etna.
Communion of saints, kiddo.

Heretic, kiddo

Where in the Bible does it say that the saints in heaven cannot pray for and intercede for us?
I can show you where they do.

Burden of the proof is on you.

Also John 14:6 and Luke 11:2 = only the Father, through the son. nothing else

>Revelation 6:9
>[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying: How long, O Lord (holy and true) dost thou not judge and revenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth.
Saints in heaven petitioning God for revenge.
>Revelation 8:3-4
>[3] And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God. [4] And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel.
Saints' prayers offered to God upon a golden altar
Intercession is not circumventing the Son. Your definition would have anyone asking anyone to pray for them a circumvention of Christ's intercession with the Father.
The Church in heaven is not disconnected from the Church on earth; in fact, the Church in heaven is more radically connected to God than we are.

> has 'quite big' chance
So no chance and its not going to erupt and poltards as always are exaggerating for attention?
Got it.

The last time it erupted it was probably 1/8 of Krakatoa. It was definitely in the millions of tons of shit blowing out. Figure ~25 megatons.

Which is still pretty big, yeah, and I'll hear it.

Lets say i roll 1-5, Ill take this happening. Thatll do me for the weekend.

Or i could roll 6-9 and get big quake in california.

Or 0 for a suicide bombing in a major london transport hub tomorrow morning.

Thank you greatest ally! California it is.

I was pretty close.

Looking it up, it was around ~35 megatons last time.

It should be similar or more the next time it goes.

So, a pretty good sized nuke.

They don't have any virgins left.

Moreso, I think the Church in Heaven is looking down on us, and with fucking reason. What a fucking mess we are in right now.

save me, user

As a comparison the time from volcanologists blowing the whistle on St Helens to eruption was 4 weeks.
Orange represents shallow quakes.

Most definitely. Yet, this had to happen. God knew there would be an apostasy; and such an apostasy could only happen if the moral and cultural framework was ripped out from underneath us.
Scriptures say "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the coming of the Son of Man."
We know that in the Jewish tradition of the Midrash, it says that the "flood did not come until man began making perverse marriage contracts between men and men, and men and beasts."
We are in that situation again, today. This time it will be fire, as Scripture tells us.

This one is about the size of St. Helens too.

Nutters like Steve Quayle take "as it was in the days of Noah" to mean that there will be literal giants running around eating people.
Sensationalism. I honestly don't understand why Protestants discount 1,500-1,800 years of Christian history and exegesis when it comes to how Scripture was interpreted long before they came along.
Almost like a horse with blinders on. They feel the need to reinvent the wheel every time they crack open the Scriptures.

there were also more than 2k quakes in yellowstone in the last month too as i remember.

You probably won't, to my knowledge this volcano isn't known for having explosive eruptions on the scale of Krakatoa. This only really occurs in extreme circumstance, usually when the conduit is too small or is blocked, or water pours into the conduit through a fissure.

Pretty meaningless, with Yellowstone, the activity is mainly measured by the ground's vertical movement. You usually get massive spikes in earthquakes when a new fissure opens, which happens every few months.
If you follow the path of those earthquakes, you can see what direction the fissures are taking, when you get random earthquakes spread out around the caldera with large surface movement (a shift in about 40 meters) then an eruption is expected.

Very likely happening. Blot echo directly over Indonesia.

Even though you have a jolly flag I am assuming you are an American. And I have an honest question.
Are news about yellowstone are a regular template of news they throw around once in a while to fill empty space? Or is there actual factual data to back up the recent hype?

My condolences to the people who had a vacation planned.

source of the data user? I am curious.

Actually Icelandic, currently studying in Ireland though because there's jack shit to study over there.
From what's I've seen, no. Most of the hype isn't actually from volcanology institutes, but rather people who don't understand how volcanology stating things about it that aren't true.
The actual summit of a volcano is generally tiny compared to the rest of the structure underground. Earthquakes can tell you how active it is, but won't tell you when it's going to erupt. To find out, you need tilt sensors, laser ranging and GPS tracking to monitor how the ground moves. If there's a significant rise in the area around the volcano and on the summit itself, a eruption is likely, but you can't be sure until you find gas venting in quantities that would hint towards an eruption.
If you have significant ground shifts, venting gasses, and earthquakes along the conduit, an eruption is almost certain.
If you have one and not the others, it usually hints to new fissures opening, or shifts in the rock structure.
I haven't seen any actual institutions publish data that hints towards an eruption at Yellowstone any time soon, and with a volcano that large, the actual pre-eruption phases may take well over 100 years.
Iceland has a few Volcanoes that are ready to pop, most of them small but they've been ready to go for years, just building up pressure until they can push up the conduit.

Windy tv and the disaster prediction app

thank you user for very detailed explanation.
thank you too.

No problem.
When I was 15, I quite literally had a year of school where we had two classes a week drilling this into us. In Iceland, you need to know about volcanology, a fissure eruption can strike anywhere and there's always the risk of flash floods due to volcanoes melting ice under glaciers.

Active spot indeed. Natural hazards define our reflexes I presume.
I recall seeing Icelandic houses being run over by tephra in the format of images in a book. Searched for it on youtube but failed to find it then. Maybe you can recall the location.

Eyjafjallajökull was the last big one, and I think Ásólfsskáli got some, but most of the ash went directly south and out to sea.
Almost everywhere village has seen ash at some point or another, but we've never really had much. We don't have the same problems as others since we build our roofs to survive tons of snow, tons of ash won't be a problem.
I think the generally idea for what to do during an eruption if you're caught in serious ash is to either find a way out, or just wait in your house with everything closed and airtight until it passes.
Pretty much everyone has a gas sensor in their home, and has some from of protection from the dust, so that's not of much concern to us. Plus, there's almost no dry vegetation in a lot of areas, so bush fires from hot ash aren't a concern.
Pyroclastic flows on the other hand, that shit terrifies me.

No.
But the last time it erupted in 1963 it cooled global temperatures by
0.4 degrees which is not insignificant.

If it won't kill me I don't give a fuck

best fucking names ever. impossible to type with most keyboards too. Thanks for all the info Icelandic user. I am a tiny bit wiser now.

Try seeing a non-Icelandic person try to pronounce them.