Summer 2016 Funimation Lineup

funimation.com/blog/2016/06/23/summer-2016-simulcasts-round-one-find-the-one-for-you/

Why is the Funimation app garbage?

The only thing of significance that they have is dangan, so thats pretty good.

>Handa-kun
>Seishuu Hanada leads a very interesting life for a high school student.
>Hanada
I don't understand

So far they haven't gotten anything good. Let's hope they don't get New Game and Days.

>Streaming

>All those fujoshit shows
I see funimation is gay

It's sort of a prequel to Barakamon.

nothing of value lost

Summer 2016 Shows I'll Make A Mental Note Not To Watch

>But he warns that if Kaho learns who he is, she won’t want him. What could possibly keep her from this stud? Maybe the fact he’s a…fifth grader?!
/ss/ is becoming a thing I guess

Look at it this way, they soaked up all the shoujo garbage and now we don't have to worry about possibly good shows getting bogged down with below average translations (for simulcasts, at least) and hardsubs.

Can't visit their site, it's behind CloudFlare "protection" and geoblocking. What do they have?

D.Gray-man HALLOW
SERVAMP
Tales of Zestiria the X
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School
Love Live! Sunshine!!
FIRST LOVE MONSTER
Handa-kun
TSUKIUTA. The Animation
Time Travel Girl
Sca-red Rider XechS
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE!
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars

So far, the only show that looks kinda interesting enough for my personal taste is Regalia.
But I doubt that mecha shows with girls doing adolescent things together will really remain good at all.

I know that, my issue is with their synopsis for Handa-kun.

Look at all of this fujoshit. Thank god for filters.

>Never finished first D. Grayman anime
>Get HOLLOW anyway

For what purpose

>Handa-kun
One of only 3 shows I planned to watch this summer, and it had to be tainted by Funi.

Someone has to be the new Tokyopop.

It's made by GuP's now bankrupted studio, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

>Love Live! Sunshine!!
How much money do you think they spend on this? Isn't CR more popular though, what the fuck kind of business decision is this Japan?

>Love Live! Sunshine!!
Oh shit. Guess I have to wait for FFF or bloated Daisuki rips.

Funimation paid more money for the licensing rights. Should be obvious, you know.

>Funi didn't get Amanchu
Thank the fucking lord

Perhaps they did. It's just the first round of announcements. Which means that there ought to be more.

Funi only has Love Live in the US and Canada, hopefully HS can rip the CR version from the UK or something.

They can't fix their encodes, how do you expect them to care about their spelling?

I'm scared now

Right, like last season when they said there would be more to come but they never announced anything new after that. For sure they will get Arslan and the Show by rock shorts and maybe a few more crappy shows.

Crunchyroll has 9 shows announced so far and they said this isn't even half of what they have, so that means they have over 18 anime licensed. 3 of them are gonna be Qualidea Code (confirmed on its Japanese website), Magical Boys s2 and Food Wars S2.

>They got Regalia
Damn.

Thank god all of my watchlists isn't in funi at all.

It's not like CR is any better recently. With the lesser shows there's a good to fair chance that they'll give it to some ESL who can't even string a sentence together.

At least Cr don't have disgusting hardsubs.

Oh god

When those fuckers die? Why there's people who pay for it so Funi could shit all over their face on daily basis?

The filthy normalfags think they're supporting the industry by throwing money at the western companies.

Why would you ever even download a Funi app?

Funi has Aria so it's very like they also have Amanchu.

I wonder if there will be any of them shared with CR aside Magical Boys S2 .

I could understand if they were throwing money at CR, at least they have one or two decent translators and semi-competent people here and there. Throwing money at Funi while getting garbage translations and video, is like throwing money into toilet in hopes that toilet god will get you diamond in return.

It's like Funi got Sunshine just to piss off CR. I'll still be using good old HS for that though.

They are people who watch streams with their phones, do you expect them to give a shit about the video quality or notice the bad translation?

>It's like Funi got Sunshine just to piss off CR. I'll still be using good old Funi for that though.
Noise.

Feel bad for all the poor EOP love livers.

At least they'll be getting the OP translated.

I'm willing to wait a week for FFF or get those 600 MB Daisuki rips.

With FFF it's more like 3 weeks at the end of the season.

>FFF
Good luck with that.

I'm tempted to sit through the raws now, with my Hadena-tier beginner Japanese. It's not like LL has sophisticated stories.

Dropped all them.

Fujoshit work at Funi.

So far nothing I care about

>Fujoshit work at Funi.
>also Love Live Sunshine

And?

>Time Travel Girl
Toki wo kakeru shoujo?

No, a new anime from this season called: Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi.

To be fair you can thank the nips for trying to do it themselves at various points only to blunder because they just tried whatever then were surprised Americans didn't bite

Why do you guys despise crunchyroll

T be fair, nips official translations even worse than funishit. And that's takes some effort.

Everyone despises everyone here. It's the way it should remain.

No excuse to hire a middleman

Its better than funimation atleast

Hating on crunchyroll is better than hating on funimation? Okay, sure, why not?

These Sup Forumsnons sure are a weird bunch with their weird ways and weird customs.

No, the other way around

there's a hierarchy man

Toonami-->Seedy bootleg streams-->Funimation-->Crunchyroll-->imports

>Funimation doing Sunshine

Please tell me they won't bother wasting time dubbing this

Nobody here on Sup Forums knows.

CR usually has better/more simulcasts than Funimation though

I wish we had Toonami in Canada but apparently it isnt profitable for CN Canada to have a Toonami block, I'd enjoy the hell out of it though

Of course they will. They hate anime and do anything to make it worse.

Can't be helped.

Pretty sure he's saying that Crunchy is better than Funi.

Also why waste your god damn time with Toonami in 2016? You get 4 shows, all dubbed but none of them new, and can only be watched at a specific point in time.

Was the first one dubbed?

>Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School
>Love Live! Sunshine!!
the only non fujoshit show

+ Regalia and the Time travel one

Yes, the first one was dubbed. However the songs were left untouched because that's too much work.

It actually aired on some really obscure digital channel that caters to Koreans

Probably a nostalgic feel of getting on the couch to watch a scheduled episode

Lovelivefags must be furious now

I don't care about dubs, I just hope someone makes subtitle files so I don't have to watch their horrible encodes for Sunshine. Fucking Funi's episodes are like 12 years too dated.

Tell me about it. I was expecting CR to pick Sunshine up just like they did before. Funimation should just burn to the ground.

>I don't care about dubs

Nor do I, i'm just perplexed they might make the same mistake as whoever did the first series

>Tell me about it. I was expecting CR to pick Sunshine up just like they did before. Funimation should just burn to the ground

Not with that DBZ bucks

Sequel fujoshit
Shoujo fujoshit
Video game fujoshit
Video game shit
Idolshit
Shoujoshit
Fujoshit
Fujoidolshit
Unknown shit
Otomeshit
Mahou fujoshit
Yurishit
How was my first shitposting attempt? Actually, I will watch Handa, TTG and Regalia anyway

If I wanted to watch an episode of Bleach from a decade ago I would do so on Netflix

Too much capitalization. Too few emphasis on generalization. Not really that much thought-provoking. Not kinda funny or clever or original.
I give you 3 out of 6 poopies. Average score. Not too bad for a first timer.

>implying Love Live doesn't owe a large portion of it's popularity to self-inserting fujos

So are they doing only one of two Danginronpauls?

Why would BL loving girls self insert in a female-only show?

I blame mexicans, puertoricans, argentinians and brazilians still not knowing what fujoshi means.

So next season we will have Funi, CR, Amazon and Hulu. Remember the start of this season when only half of the shows were subbed and we couldn't rip amazon? All of fansubbing is dead but some were resurrected to sub. Next season is going to suck.

I'm assuming they meant both or they will announce the other one with their next batch of licenses.

Everything except CR really suck. Funi is shit, Amazon even worse. Hulu was on pair with Amazon if I remember right (though maybe that was Daisuki).
Oh, how mighty we fallen, when CR become our lord and savior. Might as well start worship Satan.

Are they still attempting that whole Simul-dub thing? did they announce which show they're gonna rape this season doing that?

Yeah, they've been doing it for more and more shows. It doesn't really affect us though.

Hulu is the worst out of all of them. The file sizes were around 700mb for 720.

There's also Daisuki with good stream quality but iffy translations.

Size doesn't matter, hardsubbing and translation - is.

File size means encode.

They want to be popular and/or famous.

Why would it matter in current year, with unlimited 1Gb internets available even in 3rd word countries like 10 years ago? Unless you store ongoing shows for some reason.

>No Arslan Senki
What? They got S1 and haven't announced them doing S2.

It's a shame shitaniamtion got most of the stuff I'm looking forward to I thought CR was taking over ;_;

Their announcements aren't done yet, Ledouche