Anyone with half a brain knows that G-Reco was shit

>anyone with half a brain knows that G-Reco was shit
>Tominofags still believe that their show was a masterpiece and the rest of the world is wrong
Are there more deluded fans than Tominofags? When did they go so wrong? I remember back in the day most of them were able to accept that sometimes Tomino makes bad shows like ZZ.

Other urls found in this thread:

cuckchan.org/m/thread/14354031/#14354031
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-29/top-selling-animation-in-japan-on-blu-ray-disc-dvd-by-series-2015/.97049
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Found the retard.

They are just shitposters. I like Tomino, I even liked ZZ's second half and Victory (fuck the haters, Victory is great) but G-Reco was terrible. Better than Comet Lucifer or Gargantia but still AZ levels of awfulness.

>>anyone with half a brain knows that G-Reco was shit
yeah, nah

Why is G-Reco so polarizing?

Stick to A/Z, faggot.

Because it was initially dismissed and deemed shit. Whenever that happens, it creates an opposing group either defending it or outright calling it a masterpiece.

Something similar happened with BvS.

The scripting and direction was shit, but it's because still one of the best looking TV anime in the last 5 years.

More like why are people so obsessed with it and yet have no clue what they are talking about with anything to do with it?

Better question is why does /m/ love it so much. It's baffling how well it's received there.

I don't think they actually love it that much. There was a pretty good thread some day ago and most people were shitting on it. And not generic, lazy 'it's shit because I say so' but long, reasonable arguments. Almost no one defended it.

>And not generic, lazy 'it's shit because I say so' but long, reasonable arguments. Almost no one defended it.
Cool horseshit bro

Really? That's good to hear. I had to stop going there for reco discussion because it had gotten so bad at one point.

>anyone with half a brain knows that G-Reco was shit
So why is it that G-Reco's most promient haters are brain dead idiots like Otaking and ANN/MAL?

/m/ is an actual hivemind. /m/enchildren don't hold any personal opinions, they just repeat conventional opinions that the majority deems the least offensive. It's why they seemingly hate everything.

So even people with no brains know it's shit. What's your point?

I don't care what you say, the character design in g-reco was fucking amazing.

>And not generic, lazy 'it's shit because I say so' but long, reasonable arguments. Almost no one defended it.
cuckchan.org/m/thread/14354031/#14354031
Nope. Once again its just people explaining the intention of the show. Why it didn't appeal to westerns and why it didn't make it bad. Same as every fucking G-Reco thread.

>So even people with no brains know it's shit
Nah its just that you shouldn't take what those people say seriously unless you're a massive tool.

>/m/ is an actual hivemind. /m/enchildren don't hold any personal opinions, they just repeat conventional opinions that the majority deems the least offensive.
Sounds like they have something in common with Sup Forums.

Still don't see what your point is. Being hated by retards is not sufficient grounds for saying something is good. It's not sufficient grounds for saying anything really.

/m/ has some pretty weird opinions. I've even seen brain powerd get praised there.
unless its actually good and I'm getting meme'd on

>Something similar happened with BvS.
No it didn't. All that came about was contrarians coming out of the woodworth

>Being hated by retards is not sufficient grounds for saying something is good.
Of course it is. Why do you think this place has a vendetta on sites like reddit, MAL and ANN? Because they believe their opinions are misinformed and the people making them are idiots. If a retard says the show I like is bad why should I take them seriously?

I actually like G-Reco, I didn't understand basically anything when I watched as it aired, but rewatching helped put a lot of stuff into perspective.

It also made me realize how often the camera goes into the cockpit just right after the pilots take a shit, usually there's a flushing sound and the pilots visually zipper their suit back up.

I'm going to watch it pretty soon user, I hope it's good too.

And G-Reco defenders are people like Urobuchi. Your point?

Why is that people who claim G-Reco is shit has the most difficult time explaining why that's the case?

I can't tell if you're just pretending to be retarded or are actually retarded at this point

>And G-Reco defenders are people like Urobuchi.
A successful prolific writer who has more respect for the mecha genre then some fat has been from Gainax who majored in Otakuism?

It's not, most people dislike it but it has a minor very vocal fanbase.

And thanks for proving my point jackass.

>stop liking what I don't like!: the post

Looking at his response, he clearly is.

>most people dislike it
Which is why it was among the top selling shows of last year? Which is why it got high ratings? Which is why its getting a movie?

Why is that people who claim G-Reco is good has the most difficult time explaining why that's the case?

More like a hack that hasn't written a good anime in years.

Actually they don't. But you didn't even bother to give a proper response.

Their main complaint is usually how difficult the story is to follow, which I think is true, everything progresses quickly and all the background is either explained way later or mentioned in passing or not even shown on screen.

I like G-Reco because of it's very colorful, not just the art and animation but also the characters' personalities.
Happy Tomino is always fun to watch.

>Which is why it was among the top selling shows of last year?
Cool horseshit bro.

Actually both those statements are subjective impressions devoid of any arguments.

>I don't think they actually love it that much.
But I do.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-29/top-selling-animation-in-japan-on-blu-ray-disc-dvd-by-series-2015/.97049
>22 76,419 Gundam: Reconguista in G

Really? Ive seen a lot of people on /m/ shit on it.

Not even top 15 even with the Gundam name to give it a boost. High ratings for a timeslot when no one is watching tv. How many people did watch it exactly? Everything gets a recap movie nowadays, it's irrelevante.

I don't like Urobuchi's works but I think his input on G-Reco's ending was interesting.

Bellri never argues about why he's fighting, he just works on whatever is in front of him, while his rival Luin makes a big deal about capturing/beating the G-Self and Bellri as he sees Bellri as his "villain", someone who is the opposite of himself.

The final battle doesn't end with an argument about who is right or wrong, it doesn't address the issues Luin has with Bellri, it just ends, Bellri just doesn't want to fight anymore and leaves.

>mfw if it wasn't for /m/ shitting on A/Z from the beginning I would have been a jackass like Sup Forums and watched it from beginning to end

They also got me into Fafner and MJP while Sup Forums mostly ignored it because you fags were too busy watching Cross Ange and Comet Lucifer. They're pretty alright when it doesn't come to Gundam.

>Not even top 15 even with the Gundam name to give it a boost.
You do realize that TRY sold like shit, AGE flopped and its currently performing batter than IBO right?
>High ratings for a timeslot when no one is watching tv.
It was on the same timeslot as Code Geass R1, Macross Frontier and Madoka.
> Everything gets a recap movie nowadays
Except its not a recap. And where's my Classroom Crisis recap movie then?

/m/ shits on everything

>Not even top 15 even with the Gundam name to give it a boost.
People still believe this meme after AGE and Gundam-san bombed? Also TRY didn't make the list. G-Reco and The Origin are the only Gundam titles to rank for the year.

I really disliked the characters. A lot of them felt either underdeveloped or like they were acting stupid/dickish in order to push the shows agenda.

Anyone with a functional brain knows that G-Reco is great.

FTFY

Because you either pay attention or you don't/can't.

Found the retard

What's the last thing Urobuchi has even written anyway? Aniplex just seems to put his name on everything. I guess it was the Psycho-Pass movie so I guess that's fair.

>missing the point this hard
Okay, let's try again. G-Reco was a Gundam show. That means that just for being a Gundam it recieved a lot more attention that other shows. Originals and adaptations of not very well known works have it harder. Despite this, it still didn't sell great. Top seller my ass.

Also you don't know how late night anime works, don't you?

I only find their EEEEEEEEHs and AAAAAAAAHs to be annoying, but overall they're lovable, even Genius Klim.

The adults needed more scenes though, we only ever see the Pope as this harmless old man, even though he managed to convince General Gusion to stop the Amerian Space Fleet off-screen, which failed because the Amerian President is a warmongering dick.

Bellri's mom becomes increasingly fed up of Capital Army hijacking everything and breaking taboos that she just breaks and runs to Bellri.

Gusion charismatically argues for Ameria's push to war, talking about Capital's monopoly on Photon Batteries and whatnot while the Amerian President pretty much reveals that the whole thing is just a greedy power grab.

Cumpa Rusita never reveals his true nature so we only learn about his reason for breaking taboos and raising armies from the Venus Globe people.

There is nothing wrong with cross ange.

How do you cope with other Gundam series, G-Reco had one of the most likeable cast groups.

Except everything

I liked it

I don't like Manny.
One minute she's "Oh wow, old friends, I love you guys so much."
Later she's "Die for Luin's sake! And maybe afterwards he'll finally wants to fuck me"

I liked it. It was interesting, enjoyable and really beautiful to look at. It had lots of great things about it but weaknesses as well.
What i hate most about it is the shitstorm it causes every time it's name is uttered.

>That means that just for being a Gundam it recieved a lot more attention that other shows.
Yeah which is why X, Turn A and AGE flopped.
>Despite this, it still didn't sell great.
But it did though. Bandai rep said that it and TRY were huge successes during the IBO press conference

>Also you don't know how late night anime works, don't you?
I do know that you're full of shit. Now unless you have proof as to why G-Reco didn't do well I suggest you shut the fuck up

Long hair > short hair

>tfw G-Reco is so awful that Kawamori made a Bellri look a like in Delta just to kill him by the end of the episode

>One minute she's "Oh wow, old friends, I love you guys so much."
She never said that. I bet you are one of those guy who was surprised by her defection, even though she kept saying "LUIN LUIN LUIN" when she was on the Megafauna.

>tfw Kawamori is butthurt that Delta is nowhere near as successful as Frontier

Well, I simply don't think so and it's baffling to me that you'd say that while posting that bitch.

>bitch
She is the most loyal waifu, you take that back!

C'mon, G-Reco is just a mediocre show... A mediocre show better and more original than Unicorn el oh el

She did actually try to weakly argue against Luin hunting down Bellri, fails and only makes Luin extra pissed at Bellri.

Though at that point I think she could've just said "Bellri has friends" and Luin will go batshit over it.

>the most loyal waifu
That's a nice way of saying "Luin-obsessed retard"

KUNTALA PRIDE WORLDWIDE

>A mediocre show better and more original than Unicorn el oh el
Like that's an accomplishment. Well at least Studio 1 is not letting their talents go to waste between G-reco and Thunderbolt

>talking shit about a girl who was ready to stare Bellri BURGER BUSTER Zennam in the face

She only truly cares about Luin, she spent the whole show looking for him so it's no surprise that she "defects".

Luin was her boyfriend, I fail to see the issue.

>studio 1 will never be put in charge of Origin
>we will forever be stuck with the most mediocre CGI and parkinsons animation
Fucking ZZ managed to look less cartoony

It really amazes me how chill the Megafauna pirates are.
Bellri was a Capital Guard member and they let him on their most powerful mobile suit, even giving him backpacks.
Ringo was a guy from the Dorette Army and they just let him out and ride mobile suits after a while.
They just let Manny, who is part of Mask's unit, ride on this super powerful machine they just stole from the Venus people.

Blame Yas.

Tomino is not a good director. His shows are frantic and incoherent in a really boring way. It's like just watching random shit happen with no build-up or tension or drama or motivation for the characters

Found the retard

It's like in Zeta Gundam whenever the characters randomly start beating the shit out of each other, or slapping and kicking Kamille, and it makes no sense at all. It's so fucking bizarre and hilarious sometimes, but usually it's just boring

Op and red hair semen demon were coll. Also bizarre shit like infla ship. Otherwise meh.

>Op is naked flying females
90 points for that alone.

people hyped it and it turned out to be utter horseshit. some of the people hyping it couldn't pull the brakes and now they're stuck in their delusion, defending it in order to justify finishing this pile of crap.

Why does she look exactly like Eureka from AO?

Because you're a closet homosexual

Shitposting reasons like everything on Sup Forums

Sup Forums doesn't really do mediocre, it's either r the worst thing ever conceived or the greatest thing ever. G-Reco is a good example of a mediocre show where Sup Forums is trying way too hard to bullshit about it. Of all the Gundam shows to obsess over I really don't get why this one was picked.

G-Reco in a nutshell.

It was in the top 15 best selling shows of all that began airing in 2014.

Last good thing he did was King Gainer

Because it was literally tomino with all the power and this show exhibits this through every facet (except for the fact he didn't even want it to be a gundam series)
So he did whatever he felt like with it.
Also it's the most alien but also similar gundam series produced so those expecting the traditional story were probably mad they didn't get what they wanted.

I honestly think it was alright,not a masterpiece but not bad,but it was a pretty bold thing for Tomino to create this and honestly I thank him for it considering the stagnation in the industry in terms of creativity.

The story was definitely rushed in places (like the venus globe and 2nd moon arcs) but overall it's start and finish weren't hard to follow at all, I think a lot of people who watched were either those who had never seen a proper Tomino work, or just AU gundam fans who expected more of the same.

I really just wish we had gotten the original concept he had for it instead,it seemed like it could've been an amazing series had it not been tied to the Gundam name

It's basically Overman King Gundam
I think a some people probably only know Tomino for his "kill 'em all" stuff and got thrown off by all the genki

yeah this,most people only know of what he did with Victory,Zeta and Ideon so they assume he's this dreary guy who does massacres, it sucks though because it totally changes their expectations when they don't realize he's past that now.

Brain powered is EXTREMELY Tomino,if you haven't seen much of his stuff outside Gundam you'll probably dislike it

>Gundam Origin

Not like anything of value was lost, the whole thing reeks of obsessed fanboy fan fiction

This,it's literally written so Char was one of the reasons if not the main reason the OYW began,
he makes it seem like it's all his keikaku which just totally ruins his character.
Yas and the nips just can't stop sucking off Char

>Japan can't stop sucking off Char
Fixed

Agreed. G-Reco was absolute garbage.