Kabaneri

Was there ever a villain this good in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

yaraon-blog.com/archives/86296?s=カバネリ#more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm fairly certain there was that one guy, in that one show.

That one and the other one.

How could episode 12 redeem this show for you, Sup Forums?

More haircuts, Biba getting rekt, kurusu winning the ayame bowl, setup
For season 2.

I feel like there's no way for this show to end without some kind of cliche.

Even if it ends up being cliche, it was decent.

Nothing to redeem, it was great since the beginning. But to complete the full circle of greatness Ikoma and Mumei have to survive.

No-name dies, and Ikoma struggles in vain to overcome Biba and his knowledge of the virus, suffering into an abysmal, sad death. Biba wins, no monologue, just a well-animated scene exemplifying the horrors of the present world.

What about the others?

I still can't believe that last few episodes are going to be centered this faggot and his contrived daddy issues.

Mumei gets a hug

>redeem
Too late for any of that.

If Mumei survives this show is shit

It's already shit. I just want her to live so I don't suffer for no good reason.

Ikoma bossrush

Ikoma should kill Mumei
Kurusu should kill Ikoma

Ayame should kill kurusu.

Movie/OVA tier sakuga fight scenes and choreography for Ikoma vs Biba.

In other words, there's no redeeming.

top qts

A random Hayajiro passing by goes off the rails because of all this bullshit and lands on Biba killing him.

Biba's shit and his lackeys are faggots.
This scene had me rolling my eyes. Such a typical "I'm soooooo evil" move.

>turns out all that metal you nailed to yourself is is anti-kabane
>ikoma comes out with the ability to super kabane and cure people at will

Mumei Ikoma nakadashi then gangbang.

They choo-choo off into the dawn of the day, Biba watching their departure with a confident, smug smirk.

But honestly, it's hard to care about any of these characters. They're either underdeveloped, or obnoxiously loud and blatant in their characterization (e.g. Ikoma, the headstrong, righteous proactive MC who just happens to rivet metal to himself for an all-to-apparent reason). I can't buy any of the character designs either, the silly faceguards, the steampunk weapons, none of it. They're all so upset by Takumi's death, yet have seemingly forgotten about the many bloodbaths prior; even kids are seen cleaning blood up at one point without concern. But in reality, they'd be much more horrified and worn down by that point, either destroyed mentally or utterly desensitized.

Webm related should live though. Although she already has survived inexplicably from that stab wound - I wonder why?

Perfection.

Everyone high fives Ayame.

man this show went to shit so fast

Ikoma goes full Ash.

When did these two have a thing? Dd I miss an episode or two?

>first few episodes this detail was animated
>now just a literal still
What went wrong?

This is the shot where the train left behind the fun and went full steam ahead to Biba-ville.

I can understand why he's asspained about his dad sending him on a suicide mission but when the entire world is getting eaten by overpowered zombies, I think the last thing a good character would do is side with the overpowered zombies and fuck humanity until there's nothing left.

Why even bother making yourself look like a j-pop star when you're looking to end the world?
Why would anyone follow you when you just want everything to die forever?
I can never side with most anime antagonists with such flimsy explanations like this.

They were friends, or something. You don't care for your friends while everyone else around you is in danger and many others have died?

She was sad because her friend got killed.

>streaming

Not sure it's possible. It's going to be rushed no matter what because there's simply too many things to wrap up in a 24 minute span. Everyone says there won't be a sequel but that's exactly what's needed to tie it all together. A movie, a second season, whatever. They can end it on a cliffhanger and they're set. Alternatively, end it on a cliffhanger and never make a sequel to leave it up to the viewers interpretation.

Alternatively, have the main cast fail to achieve a happy end because of how stacked the odds are for their objectives. As much as I hate Biba and his lackluster motivations, it's going to be an asspull for them to solve everything - Mumei, Ikoma and the Kabane threat. I can see Ikoma or Mumei dying at the end and the other character promising to achieve a world without Kabane for their sake.

No need this show is fantastic.

The trainwreck never ends.

Yeah, why is everyone following him militantly? It doesn't add up.

gee, i wonder

I don't really give a fuck. I'm enjoying the hype moments and the music.

>SHOW ABOUT TRAINS
>NOT A TRAINWRECK

EXPLAIN THIS

I guess it's just because he wouldn't be much of a villain if he's doing everything on his own (but it would be much cooler if he was using his wits alone to manipulate everyone) so he has a bunch of edgy misanthropists sucking his toes.

They weren't friends though, just acquaintances. I don't think they exchanged a single line of dialogue...

But why was she the only one crying and no one else?

Shitty internet man

I took a break from this show after the kabane titan episode and I'm a bit worried about picking it up again because of this Biba guy.

Surely it's worth continuing for the muscle girl, Mumei, and the action right?

What's he thinking about?

In that pic, why is the girl smirking, then next panel suddenly stunned and confused?

Do you have to be shown absolutely everything for it to make sense? They were clearly close friends/whatever. Maybe she had a crush on him. Maybe shit happened behind the scenes/ in their past. Just fill in the gaps.

Westerners show up, bomb the shit out of everything, and culture Japan into first world society free from savagery.

>But why was she the only one crying and no one else?

Because she's a woman.

What happened here?

Nah, it's a good show. At least it's not a Kiznaiver mediocre level.

WIT is known for their inability to maintain a production schedule and their overuse of stills to cover over incomplete episodes.

Rolling Girls is probably the only show they've done that didn't turn into a complete slideshow at some point.

Only Ikoma and Kajika were his friends. No one else was close to him enough to shed tears.

Sword guy buddy cops it with ikoma
Ikoma just ignores all the sentimental stuff because, time limit, Kisses mumei, injects her, , takes her stop watch, kills bibi mid speach, kills all the kabene, breaks the crew out of jail, they're all stunned, he peaces out, goes back to kissing mumei, presses the stop watch "oh wow only 50 seconds" then dies in her arms.

Mumei fucks everything up (AGAIN) and Biba is the most half-assed antagonists of the season.
First half of the show was so much better.

Was the best animated scene this episode that brief moment of Mumei walking through the dilapidated town?

That's disappointing.

most manga is read from right to left

At least it's not Re:zero.

What exactly am I looking at here? I know the answer finally: the thighpoint of the show.

'_'

This. I like your fanfiction faggot.

Has there been on OST released for this? Songs are pretty great.

>Do you have to be shown absolutely everything for it to make sense? They were clearly close friends/whatever. Maybe she had a crush on him. Maybe shit happened behind the scenes/ in their past. Just fill in the gaps.

Show it, don't make the viewer fill in the gaps. These two barely talked to each other and now you expect me to believe she is shedding this much tears for him? Sorry this was just bad.

Why didn't she cry for Ikoma?

Everyone dies. Next season is written by someone that can write and with a new crew which gaijin-kun is the leader.

Youre supposed to lurk for at least a year friend

No, this was.

Everyone dies to a steam-powered nuke?

>Show it, don't make the viewer fill in the gaps.
Again, do you have to have everything presented to you on a silver platter for you to deem it acceptable? Even for side characters? She's a girl crying over someone who is clearly her close friend. Stop being such a faggot.
>Why didn't she cry for Ikoma?
Maybe because his bloodied corpse isn't sitting right in from of her?

Will it be better in the DVDs?

>replacing lengthy stills with actual animation

You are awfully optimistic.

>dad beats Biba because the plot made him do it
>panics because even he doesn't know why he did it
>blames it on fear because reasons
>Biba gets PTSD and decides to genocide the emotion of fear from the world by killing anyone who is afraid
>this show is fucking stupid

>tfw this show literally derailed and became a train wreck

i feel like i should be able to take more solace in the irony, but i'm surprisingly disappointed

>mostly a zoom-in on a still with generic smoke effects put over
And how the fuck does that silly collar somehow stop the virus? He'd pass out from blood, wouldn't be able to breath nor talk if windpipe crushed, and yet the virus would still make it through.

>Again, do you have to have everything presented to you on a silver platter for you to deem it acceptable?

Any decent show would do it and allow us to feel for the characters. Honestly this wasn't good and I felt it was forced. Maybe she could cry a little but the way she was acting, it was like her boyfriend got killed. By now death should be part of the journey.

>Maybe because his bloodied corpse isn't sitting right in from of her?

So because Ikoma's body isn't there, she shouldn't cry? Such bad writing.

Hes an idiot that's threw a tantrum, can't wait to see him die next episode

>became a train wreck
Dude get a better word holy shit.

Biba was the sacrificial pawn in a power play between 2 opposing government factions 10 yrs ago. The militarists wanted to wage war and destroy the kabane, while the moderates thought it dangerous and wanted to hide out in the fortresses.

The shogun was part of the moderates, and to strengthen their cause he created a 400000 strong army squad to fight the kabane, with the intention of ensuring the squad would be killed by denying them necessary reinforcements to convince the militarists of the futility of their beliefs.12 yr old Biba was chosen as its commander. (Kurusu’s dad was part of that army.)
The plan worked- everyone but Biba died, and the moderates were able to gain leverage. Biba was made a scapegoat and exiled to the Hunters. For 10 years he’s been investigating who betrayed him, and as of the current timeline he’s discovered the truth.

Happy now?

I doubt most will bother to find out. This is the last show I'd rewatch.

Yes, that would be the ideal scenario.

Mumei town, and Ikoma transformation were both great scenes

Here come the braindead.

Nice fanfiction. Do another but this time for kiznaiver.

Why did he have to cut his hair and rivet yet another accessory to his body? Are they really relying on merchandise this much?

>bad CGI
>lots of QUALITY
>stills as far as the eye can see
>just straight aweful antagonist with the worst character motivations
>mumei is as dumb as ever
Second half is the worst trash of the season

It's symbiology Frodo, I'm sorry you don't get it.

The more important question is "why did they have to ruin this show with Final Fantasy antagonists and Legend of Korra rip-off henchmen?"

Things get even sillier when this episode shows the shogun as just being this paranoid crazy old guy who somehow still manage to hold the place together.

>paranoid enough to think a 12 yr old is less a pawn and more of a threat
Are you even listening to yourself?

it can't, not wasting any more time on that crap

Source:
yaraon-blog.com/archives/86296?s=カバネリ#more

The hair, who knows.

He's missing an arm, might as well make it more useful as a Mega Buster.

But yes, figs and merchandise.

One a scale from 1-10, where 1 is coolhead and 10 maximum rage, how asshurt will the shitters be when Kabaneri tops the sales charts next week?

>Any decent show would do it and allow us to feel for the characters.
We saw them all together on the train a lot. They're all train bros. There's your overt development. Maybe she had a crush on him? Maybe they had a past together before the show started? There's some shit you can infer. It's more than enough for side characters.
>So because Ikoma's body isn't there, she shouldn't cry?
What? She's already crying. She's probably crying over both of them. What are you even getting at here? That she should have outright mentioned Ikoma in her wailing? You're just reaching for no reason now.

Don't bother. People like him just latch on to what's popular. It's how thanks to tvtropes, you've got a bunch of people throwing around 'deconstruction' thinking they're well-versed in literature.

Can someone (no trolling) please explain how Ikoma can fire his jet pistol gun? I am confused.

We get to see Kurusu and sakuga again.

when will stupid character trend end

>he watched Korra

Fucken kek

You do realize you just made the plot even more stupid? That thought process just made the shogun even crazier.