Why can't USA just shoot the NK missile when it's in the air?

Why can't USA just shoot the NK missile when it's in the air?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zIeV-IDcEEU
mashable.com/2015/08/21/korea-south-north-speakers-k-pop-dmz/#.GUTeLmNQgq0
pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzOXBpbaGv
twitter.com/search?q=#NorthKorea&src=savs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvTCOVgqn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we can

The question is...

you can try but the success rate is not 100%

it's hard to do so

should we?

its possible in the reentry process, but remember its hitting a missile with another missile....*low success ratio :(

We can, problem with doing it previously however is that the missiles were barely reaching the other coast of Japan at their trajectory, and shortening that trajectory is not a wise idea at that point.

We can and will if the missile is targeted to hit something other than the fucking ocean.

We literally can't which is why we didn't.

Our entire military is a meme.

It's really not that simple. We genuinely don't know if we can shoot down most ICBM's; it's never really been actively attempted. Likewise, working with the technology we know exists akin to Aegis/Iron Dome/Patriot, we could technically do so, but with limited range and ability.

So, it becomes a
>If you're wrong, we're fucking nuked.
It's better than nothing, but still.

Then you get into talks about high altitude detonations that are not really feasible to shoot down such as EMPs.

That's what the Navy is for. However, nukes launched by sub right off our coast would be much harder to stop. The point of NK getting nukes would be as a deterrent, so if they try to reunify the peninsula nobody can intervene without massive civilian losses because NK will launch missiles at them

Sup Forums cucks btfo

When has North Korea ever fired a missile worth wasting 4 14 million dollar missiles at? You're fucking retarded and have never operated in the PACOM AOR.

israel's iron dome claims to be better than the patriot and yet every time there's a conflict the israeli papers enviably ask how well iron dome works. it usually comes up with a hit rate at 5-15%.
not a kill rate a hit rate.

enviably*

inevitably*

Yea we should shoot down their missile so the norks know where our missile defense are located! Smart idea!

The two that flied right over the nips?

Pretty close to impossible. Intercepting any kind of missile mid-air above or below a certain altitude?

North Korea fertilizes their crops with human feces. It's required by law citizens turn in their poos as their soil has no nutrients

If we force these countries to stop supplying NOKO with shit we'll win without having to resort to wiping them out.

Just dropping of my fact sheet. Technical limitations does apply to missile defense.

Yeah, there is no terminal phase theater defense in the open ocean.
These missiles weren't aimed at CONUS so not a target for GMD.
Turns out there are huge gaps in missile defense capabilities where there are no US interests to protect. Someone alert the fucking President.

Why can't we just invent energy shields like Star Trek?

I would think that it would also not be so easy if they fire multiple missiles. I don't know much about this, but I'd imagine if they lobbed off a few of them that were duds and a few that had nuclear warheads, what would be done in a situation like that? Or is this completely unrealistic?

yeah not the cheap ones either fuckers

>Why can't USA just shoot the NK missile when it's in the air?
Why can't soldiers just shoot bullets out of the air?

Same concept.

Does the average noko know that it's KIMMY starting everything?

I mean in america we got the lefty propaganda machine running 24/7 to blame trump for everything

But do north Koreans know Kimmys actually fired misses at us already?

This. I'm dubious about how well missile defense actually works, but the article refutes its own headline. It basically says we would only have had a chance to shoot down the missile if it were aimed at something we cared about.

>Does the average noko know that it's KIMMY starting everything?
Does the average amurrican know that the holocaust didn't happen?

>But do north Koreans know Kimmys actually fired misses at us already?
lolwut

fpbp

Because it's a chad missile

Does the average noko know that it's KIMMY starting everything?
no just americans know that

But do north Koreans know Kimmys actually fired misses at us already?
but he isn't. he's testing their deterrence system

Why can't USA just continue to let NK shoot their missiles into the ocean?

why not shoot them with a jet
or just let some air force hero crash a jet into one after launch

>But do north Koreans know Kimmys actually fired misses at us already?
>but he isn't. he's testing their deterrence system

Did I miss something?

why? can't wait for them to start the wae?

Missile based nuclear warfare is a joke. Space exploration in the traditional kind is a joke. Once you faggots realise this we can go back to the comfy space elevator threads. The fuck is wrong with you.

Will we want to?

>No! The only country that has ever used a nuke against another is the only country that is allowed to determine if another country has nukes!

Space elevator is a joke too you fucking retard.

they're testing their deterrence system.
you can chose to believe that he's just missing the target if you want but even the generals admit he just testing

>1.22m women
I can't wait to war crime me some gook whores.
I don't even give a shit if this war is what the Jews want, I just want gook blood to flow.

Hitting an ICBM with a missile is like hitting a bullet with another bullet. ICBMs go crazy fast.

Shoot with what? your cum?

The missile goes very fast, other missiles cannot keep up. The missile is very high and cannot be shot down once it reaches it's cruising altitude, and goes very quickly upon decent. It has to be shot down upon its ascent, which is why we need missile defense systems in south korea, as well as a navy on their shores.

Search north korea missle guam

The places he's detonated the missiles line up with american bases

Either way, wtf japan? If someone was launching missiles over nyc we'd do something about it

I live near VAFB, I have witnessed the minutemen interceptor tests, so you're telling me it's all for show and they aren't effective?

it's something like 500 miles above japan
where else can they launch them? into china, russia, the shipping lanes

Good idea or samsung phones since made in south korea

Think I read somewhere tho SK was gonna blast kpop over the dmz

They backed down when nk said it would be an act of was, since all fredddom of speech is illegal there lol

youtu.be/zIeV-IDcEEU

They don't need to shoot it down they can just shut down the atoms

see the day. How's that cool winterbreeze threating your ass Hanz? 56

A german explaining jokes. I never thought I'd

We can. What we can't do a thing about is an artillery barrage.

Wrong link

mashable.com/2015/08/21/korea-south-north-speakers-k-pop-dmz/#.GUTeLmNQgq0

>Not using NK's tests to test the own interception system
>>

Less than 50% of the missiles US shot on Syrian airbase hit the target.
They cannot shoot down the NK missile

I have a better question I hope someone here can answer.

If we can do a cyber attack to stop the missile launches, why can't we just do one to redirect the missile.

If a missile was reprogrammed to hit Russia or China...while looking as it was mistake...wouldn't our problem be taken care of?

Of course North Korea would try to say they were hacked, but they wouldn't have tangible proof.

>implying Sup Forums doesn't want a complete and total nuclear war

As if we didn't know where it was headed.
Same reason Japan didn't react.

everyone calls them slaves then 1/5th of volunteers to fight.
people refuse to believe that they are a very nationalistic country. they'll believe it about anyone else but not n korea

most of their stuff is analog and not even digital...

you can't hack a typewriter if you know what I mean.

Kimmy has a clone army? How will we ever defeat him?

""""volunteers"""""

what if the government got 25 million iphones at say $3000 each (because it's the government
) put up satellites with free Internet and they just keep the phones?

seconded

>he actually believes that the draconian reptiloids which hold earth hostage will allow man to leave earth's orbit.

You do know (((( they )))) sabotaged the Apollo moon landing attempt, that's why americans had to fake it in the end.

>less than 50%
> >50%
so... what you're saying is... that there's a chance.

Because, unlike the canned tests, if US tried and failed to shoot down the missile the emperor's pants would fall off.

"North Korea was so incensed by this that it threatened to turn Seoul "into a sea of flames" if it didn't turn down the music."

i love this shit

deranged

I miss Tay.

>chair force
>capable of anything

You just answered your own question numbnuts

Why don't the US just nuke the Pyongyang palace?

The real question is why doesn't Mattis land a Rod from God right on that fat fucking gook's stupid haircut.

DESIGNATED POOPING KOREA

Kek.

Oh

Poor Otto. The gook in the front wants him to go that way, but the other gook is pulling his arm the other way.

pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzOXBpbaGv

twitter.com/search?q=#NorthKorea&src=savs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvTCOVgqn8

if you not going to stand when I you to, you can fight the commies yourselves