I work for a military defence company in the UK, developing weapon systems and electronics for the US DoD and UK MoD

I work for a military defence company in the UK, developing weapon systems and electronics for the US DoD and UK MoD.

Ama

Pic related f35 i work on

>Pic related f35 i work on

Is it as bad as I've read?

how many lines of code go into the control of that thing?

You working with tech from the ayys?

You guys hire mercs? I've done some independant work out of Dominican Republic but US companies have way too much red tape

Do you think there is a lot of misinformation out there about the F-35? People keep saying its dogshit.
But I believe it could be a highly effective.

what breakaway civilization technologies have you seen?
respond before i kill myself

Afaik, the latest software fixed the messy parts..and a guy who i went to high school with, i ran into him at during christmas time in my hometown, at a bar, had been to arizona to test the plane and he just said it was "amazing" plane.

we're getting our first 4 planes in November.

What are a few weapons you people are developing that most of us might not know about yet?

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE PILOTS SEE INSIDE THE HELMETS? Every documentary I watch hides that shit.

Its very capable and is next gen in terms of its weapons and electronic warfare systems. Also the helmet is fucking amazing, has cameras linked which let you see through the plane like youre superman. Its too expensive though, and cant replace the A10 and f/a-18 in CAS i dont think. Be on the lookout for the new a10 soon

I couldnt say. Millions im sure. The flight critical systems are triple redundant and can withstand direct lightning hits with no problems. Thats what i was working on today actually

Nope its all stuff from 20 years ago, takes ages to certify

>new a10
explain how you know this are you spook or skunk works guy uk equivalent

Not that i know of, we are a military industrial company not a security contractor

I worked on pic related when I was in the Luftwaffe (draftee back in the days). At least that one flies and drops bombs in real wars.

bae systems?

Will???

Literally nothing but it would be secret anyway and i wouldnt know

how many types of vision does it have? IR?

is it really a lemon?

New nuclear subs. Im not supposed to know about them

>emp

A Russian jet buzzed a US ship, all electronics shut down for a bit. Can this thing fly without electronics?

Might go to South Africa for some work, they are still under the crown yes?

They've been testing them frequently at the marine base near me.
>tfw leaving class and the windows are vibrating a bit, you get outside and there's an f35 just chillin and hovering

8 million but how is that a measure of anything. Libraries blow up your software easily right away.

If they wanted to they could keep their code neat and tidy at 50,000 lines of code... but that would mean they can't be paid for 50yrs for debugging and updating.

Its a role that needs filling and the f35 will not be cost effective to use. Like how the b1 lancer was supposed to replace the b52 but hasnt really.

Yeah, we're changing the location of our main airforce base because of the increased noise levels compared to the F16.

tornado is amazing, nice jet to work on?

I read that pilots hate the helmet because it is so big they can't turn their head around and look back over their shoulder. The helmet barely fits in the cockpit space or is just too bulky.

What languages do you code in on this project?

>Its too expensive though, and cant replace the A10 and f/a-18 in CAS
maybe for you poor ass bongs

How does it feel to work on a project that increases the tax burden for a final product that is cost ineffective and will likely lead to unethical choices to supplement its combat effectiveness?

Saw one at an air show, when it flew by my whole fucking chest was vibrating.

Do defense companies hire Electrical Engineering Technologists?

no way. most jets cant that were built within the last 70 years. losing power is flight critical catastrophic damage

ive never actually seen one fly - must be awesome!

6 gorillion lines is a more accurate number

It's all highly protocolized. I was just on the refueling and ordance crew. But it's still cool as fuck seeing them take off.

>million lines of code
>triple redundant

larp strike 1&2

Does it have LAU-142s? And if so, do you guys have issues with nitrogen pressure levels in cold temps?

true. its designed by an israeli company. we competed for the bid but (((politics))) got in the way and they are using the shitty israeli one now lol

1000hrs of maintenance per flight hour for the f35. thats bad for combat readiness. a10 can go out several times a day.

1 how long before humans tame gravity?
2 spacecraft when?

feelsgoodman.jpg the overtime budget is huge and I milk it every weekend. I sit on my ass for 7 hours on a sunday and take burger tax money worth 14hrs (so £1400 is charged to the customer) haha

never heard anyone be called a "Technologist". Everyone I work with is either a Hardware Technician, Electronic Engineer or principal engineer or senior engineer etc.

My recollection of the Gulf war was that the fighters were hugely expensive primadonnas of air superiority and the A10 warthog were far mor effective just blowing ppl to bits.

yeah the PFC (primary flight computer) has three separate control computers that are designed with different weakspots, different operating characteristics etc so something that wipes one out cant wipe out the other two. loss of the PFC is obviously considered flight critical.

your anti grav drive needs some more work.

1 never
2 we already have spacecraft. getting to space is very expensive, materially and technologically. making radiation hardened electronics is fucking hard too. also space grade soldering is considered class 4 and has almost no room for defects - out of 50 circuit boards, 1 might pass class 4. class 3 is military grade

Extremely loud as I drove to closer area, felt like driving though air dry cycle of a carwash. Then I was really impressed when it started a really controlled, slow forward and descent, like a helicopter

oh that , it's a stealth generator

I dont know if they are on the f35 as the missiles are stored internally. pretty sure the f22 had them though. nitrogen isnt something i deal with on the electronics side a lot, unless its used to cool down our ESS chambers to -55. lots of electronics dont like to switch on after a cold soak for 24hrs...

>we already have spacecraft.
what we have is analogous to canoe. No disrespect.

was 9/11 an inside job ?

how did you get hold of that? thats ITAR controlled data. youre on a watchlist now

>poland can into space?

waste of money. the IAM union fucked over Lockheed and Lockheed is passing the cost to the taxpayer. the people building the jet are all gorillas, and the pilots are all terrified to fly a jet for the first time. propoganda machine.

the F22s do have them, I was on them for 5.5 years. the bastard internal launchers required nitrogen (even when not loaded) and were constantly out of tolerance as the jets were brought in and out of the cold. just curious if the F35 has the same bs problem. and yeah our jets that sat out overnight (0 degrees) sounded like death when the APU started.

Don't be ridiculous. There's no capital in this country, and all smart people are leaving.

Larping is for fags

slightly. it was a CIA black op. trump wouldnt find anything even if he looked. sorry mate

sorry for slow reply. its not dogshit, i like to think they spread rumours to make it sound shit so the ruskies underestimate. in reality, they probably wouldnt even be able to lock on to it.

yeah! so theres a live video feed from 360* around the jet which is sync'd to the head tracker. i.e where you point your head you can see 'through' the plane like youre flying in an invisible chair. overlaid on this display is the HUD topology ie the green symbols and shit. you can also lock onto targets using the helmet and enemy units can be locked onto by looking at them etc. its pretty good. the helmet i worked on which was a bid for the job (but was rejected) had even more features: it had a long wave infrared night vision camera above the pilots eyes - like a night vision cyclops eye. LWIR can see through clouds too - cool shit. The lag between the camera movement and the head movement needs to be super low or you get sick instantly.

haha everyone loves a tight tolerance! I got into an argument with one of the test engineers as they kept putting really strict tolerances on really basic tests. fucking idiots making everyones job harder

no larp m8 ask away

How does one gets into this field to milk such cash cow?

they fly them every day in the states. whole squads practice daily, my coworkers have been out to the US sites and seen them.

many companies offer summer placements for university students - thats how i got in. but if you dont have a degree you could join as an apprentice. otherwise you need to be a hot shit electronic engineer with lots of experience!!

Do you think chinks/ruskies are capable to build their own f35 type of a plane (from electronics stand point)? Or are they too stupid for that?

ok seems pretty dead now, ill monitor for another 10 but probably going to go to bed after this movie im watching finishes

>The lag between the camera movement and the head movement needs to be super low or you get sick instantly.

Reminds me of vocal recording. You can't record shit if theres too much latency.

Does it contain embedded quantum computing systems ?
How advanced is he Deep learinig algorithms ?

Do you realise you might on some pentagone watch list ?

To you like tacos?

chinese hackers broke into our sites network and stole f-35 schematics and designs. they will definitely try if they can. the main issue is that they struggle to get the degree level staff, reliable electronics and test equipment as nowhere in the west will sell them shit. simple stuff like EMC chambers and amplifies are really really expensive and complex and they will have to develop themselves even if they copy. ive heard their engine tech is shit too which will only improve as they learn from testing.

1. no
2. have you seen Tay AI? theres still hope
3. ive got like 7 proxies m8

never had one.

>1000hrs of maintenance per flight hour for the f35.
What is the purpose of it then?

to milk the US taxpayer.

seriously. I think thats what it is built to do lol.

Is it true it has a serious flutter problem at M1.2 ?
did they use Tungsten or depleted uranium for the vibration ?

i heard someone talking about an airframe stability issue at mach something a few weeks ago but im not involved in that kind of stuff so didnt pay much attention. its possible. Not sure how tungsten or DU would solve that?

did the French, "Alkan" get the carriage systems Deal ?

no bully Merkel

If you were forced to dump your life savings tomorrow into any publicly traded defense contracting company listed on any major US stock exchange, what company would you choose and why?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

what can we expect in twenty years?

t. rubs hands

Do you hate your job ?

Yeah, look at the 5year chart of any publicly traded defense contracting company in the US and you will realize why it's THE question to ask anyone who claims they have insider information on the sector. I'm no jew, just a financebro. Dumb money talks, smart money is always listening.

If you work for Lockheed Martin or BAE Systems or whatever....then why can't you fucking spell?

I always thought the Tornado was a beautiful aircraft.

Literally not even that secret. I've read a shit ton of job postings looking for principal engineers that do fluids and materials for submersible vehicles at Lockheed and Boeing.

is russa beter?

no harm done, I still fantasize how I'll abuse palladium to become very wealthy

Literally not that secret. Read quite a few job descriptions specifying a need for principal materials engineers that understand fluids and submersibles. Lockheed or Boeing want them. Also stuff about a flow battery for Lockheed. Sadly they'll be undercut before they know it because some academics are doing it better.

>the new A10
Why mess with perfection?

woulndt it be feasible to make some really cheap simple planes just for CAS in asymmetric warfare?
In places like syria, iraq, etc etc the planes are never ever even contested, and never engage other aircrafts, so arent they a bit overkill?
Couldnt you pump out some (not really but almost) ww2 type simple planes with some guns and let them do air raids on vehicles and stuff? Couldnt you bomb the shit out of some dudes in sandles and aks with something like that already? Imagine how many planes you could build for the billions that go into purchasing modern aircrafts

The company i work for. We got some big contracts recently and i already have thousands in shares

Drones

a Mig-23, a F-4 etc but moderner, an F-7 or the Su-24, what you actually mean tho is the Su-39 that has a still open production line (modernized Su-25 Frogfoot)

I'm in uni thinking about my future. I looked into defense government jobs and they all require TS security clearance. I looked at the clearance form and it says you need to list 3 people "who know you well." Problem is I am an autistic (not formally diagnosed) friendless person and there is no one who knows me well. All I do in my free time is play video games and watch youtube. What do I do?

fap until repent and go to church (an d get a pastor sign that form, the other two are mom/dad)

No its good. Much better than bar work and it keeps my mind at work which i like.

Typing on my iphone cba to go back and delete mistakes.

You dont know shit lol

Airframes are lifed. Either build more (require new designs anyway) or adapt the f35.

My parents got my neighbor (professor) and two of their lawyer friends to vouch.

>Provide three people who know you well and who preferably live in the U.S. They should be friends, peers, colleagues, college roommates, associates, etc.,
who are collectively aware of your activities outside of your workplace, school, or neighborhood, and whose combined association with you covers
at least the last seven (7) years. Do not list your spouse, former spouse (s), other relatives, or anyone listed elsewhere on this form.

no one knows me well. I know 0 people outside of immediate family.

Yes look at the Super Tucano. Problem is that the big companies like (((lockheed))) have lots of hooks in the DoD so they get the contracts. Very dirty to the highest levels believe me

Well no, I don't know exactly what that entails yet, but I am a qualified mechanical engineering grad student finishing my degree then getting that job. I've already been in discussions to look at materials for that as part of my research

>drones
As in fighter jet drones?