How many legitimately funny anime exist?

The comedy tag is completely useless as we all know. There's tons of crap out there that tries ( usually fails) to be funny once in a while but mainly focuses on fan service or action.

I can count the number of anime that actually really made me laugh on one hand.

>Gintama
>Prison School
>Danshi Koukousei

Is there any series that I'm missing?

konosuba was pretty funny

You know humor is subjective right?

Your life's worth is subjective fag

None of the shows you listed are funny. Hoozuki no reitetsu and monthly girls are good examples of funny shows.

Comedy is one of the most subjective aspects of any anime. There will forever be no consensus, especially in a community the size and diversity of Sup Forums. Mainly for that reason, among others, that I cannot recommend anything.

Try looking for themes you empathize with instead of just iterating everything tagged with comedy. The funniest comedy is never funny if the theme fails to hook you.

Rude

Sup Forums is funnier than any anime you'll ever watch.

>begging for recommendations but phrasing it as bait

>stupid shit for fujoshits

out with you

This is true.

Konosuba was an example of leaning more towards fan service. You giggle because cute, lewd , silly things but there are not actually any jokes being made.

Here's a joke: Iron!

Get it? Because humour is subjective. xD

Constantly repeating the same 3 jokes is not funny, it's annoying.

I completely agree.
The only anime that has ever made me consistently laugh is Gintama.

I feel like a lot of the humour and comedy is lost because the japanese like to have literally ALL of their jokes explained by a 'straightman'. (Admittedly, this happens in Gintama as well but it actually adds to the joke more often than not.)

Shit taste detected.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

merely pretending

It's shitposting.

shimoneta, p&s (dub), ghost storeis (dub), prison school like op said and konosuba desu are the only funny animes and ep 6 of angel beats was aiight for japenese """"humour""""

any other answers need to fuck off to reddit desu, dropped gintama cause only few eps were legit funny, nichijou was ok on some parts but alot of it was cringe, cromartie high was a waste of time (had to force laughs ffs it was that LAME)

>""""
Goddamn crossboarders.

>p&s (dub)
Is the dub funnier than sub?

>dropped gintama cause only few eps were legit funny,
did you actually watch most of it, or did you drop it in the first 24 or so episodes? Because the first 24 episodes are used to introduce characters.

there ain't any rules that say you can only go on 1 board

yeah, the engrish in the sub was pretty funny tho

Yes it one of those shows that are made by the dub, like golden boy

made it to the 60 mark iirc, my sis shows me some clips from l8r eps that are pretty funny, but i cbf'd going threw the nonsense to get to the good ones it's like browsing Sup Forums

>there ain't any rules that say you can only go on 1 board
But you should try to adapt to the rules of whatever board you are browsing. Bringing your shitty posting habits here helps no one.