Do Japanese people really take off their shoes when they go to someone's house? Or is this some kind of anime meme?

Do Japanese people really take off their shoes when they go to someone's house? Or is this some kind of anime meme?

Get out.

American are the only dirty fucks who DONT take their shoes off

In every other first world country you take off your shoes when you go into someone's house.

Do Americans really not take off their shoes?

If you have a house worth calling a house, you want people to take their shoes off at the door.

Is this a bait thread?

We do though

You only remove your shoes for bed, bath and when you want to change to another pair.

ew

Fuck your carpet

get out of my country you fucking commie shit

>Americans tread mud and shit through their houses by insisting they keep their shoes on

>friend takes off his socks at my house

I was raised in a household where wearing shoes wasn't done unless we were going somewhere special, and the sudden revelation that other americans wear their shoes inside never fails to terrify me. How the hell are you ever supposed to develop good soles on your feet if they're cramped up inside shitty shoes all day?

>non-Americans take off their shoes

Why? Then your socks get all dirty.

>having a carpet

Usually japanese houses have slippers for guests

I watch a lot of American sitcoms and they always wear their fucking shoes in the house.

Why?

Do you not clean your floor or what?
Also you have flipflops or some other indoor shit for wearing.

Because the house is actually a studio.

So if you're going to make a huge deal about taking off your shoes, and then just wear a different type, why complain?

Because your socks will get dirty, man.

Some people clean their homes from time to time.

Also, if you take the shoes off in your home the floor will be clean longer.

Otherwise the actors will forget they're at work. Or they might stub their toes when they leave the set.

My question: do Japanese people really have a special pair of shoes for indoor use? That's fucking insane.

that's somewhat disgusting, id ask him not to do that

Maybe your floors wouldn't get your socks dirty if you took you goddamn shoes off.

>Then your socks get all dirty.
No. Because we don't walk around with shoes in-doors.

I've even seen pictures of them sitting on couch with shoes on.

>wearing shoes in doors
>wearing socks in doors
>having dirty carpets
>having smelly feet
what kind of degenerate shithole is the rest of America?

I just can't imagine the discomfort of wearing fucking shoes the whole day.
fucking cowboys

For cleanliness

Dude there's tons of skin cells and hair and bugs in the carpet just from day to day life. Why would I want my bare feet on that? Shoes are more hygienic.

Wearing your shoes indoors is something continentals won't understand.
After a hard day's work of clearing jungle, building settlements and oppressive natives, the last thing anybody can be assed to do is take their shoes off.
>t. glorious colonial

From my experience, only Anglos (Ameri, Brit, Straya-Kiwi, Leaf) don't take off their shoes in the house. That's because they are descended from hunter gatherer savages. They don't wash their butts with water either after defecating. And only bathe once a week.

All that shit is in the air as well. Are you gonna stop breathing?

>Shoes are more hygienic.
THEY SIMPLY CANT COMPREHEND IT

>wearing shoes indoor
Kill yourself

Am I the only one who always walks around barefoot at home? Shit's comfy as fuck

In Turkey, you take off your shoes and they give you comfy slippers as a sign of hospitality.

Are you retarded?

Not even jap and I wear slippers indoors. Why the fuck would you wear shoes 24/7. Your feet must be dying.

>When you walk into someone's house you take your shoes off and put them to the side at the entrance unless you're planning on leaving in a little awhile.
Do you not manners non-Americans?

>bugs in carpet

what the fuck is going on

Americans that dont take there shoes off disgust me you come to my house theres carpet nigga get ur shoes off

American are trapped in a vicous spiral of unhygenic customs

I bet you Eurocucks aren't allowed to own pets, either.

I do. Why the fuck would you subject your carpets to extra wear and tear?

I just skimmed past that assuming it was germs but holy fuck
user

Those are from your shoes.

>wearing body indoors

Wait, there are people that don't?
And then I read the thread.
I wear slippers inside.

do you let your pets shit on your carpet?

depends on if the house has carpet or not.

I'm American and take my shoes off before I enter my house.

Does that make me a weeaboo?

was there for a year
fuck almost never wash their, maybe once in a blue moon when they start to get all sticky.

It's american tradition rooted in past, when they had to be always prepared to go out and defend their land.

Of course, not, dipshit. But they run around outside all day collecting mud and shit on their paws.

>watching anime at desk
>silverfish crawls over my feet

It makes you a commie.

I think the fact that you're browsing the anime board of a site like Sup Forums makes you more of a weeb.

>Americans don't take off their shoes at home
Fucking why ? You are not truly comfy at home unless you take off your fucking shoes and that goddamn jean.
I can't bear walking around my house with my feet constricted in outdoor shoes.

>not having a spiderbro

Same. Everyone I know takes off their shoes when they go inside, they just don't wear little slippers like our cartoons do.

He means at someone else's house.

yeah, I was disguted, terrified, and saddened when I first read that many Americans wear shoes indoors.

I've got a lot of spiders in my house, up in most of the corners. About every week or so I go and clean their webs or move them to different places. There's even one in my bathroom :3

It's regional even within the US. Usually rainier regions where there's snow in the winter up north there's less tendency to wear shoes inside. And in drier regions in the southern parts you tend to wear shoes inside more. This isn't necessarily something only in the US, but it's a pretty global tendency.

so give them a fucking bath or don't bring a dirty fucking animal into a clean human residence

>tfw know a friend that wears his shoes indoors and is America

Why are you wearing shoes inside?

>my feet are cold

unless I'm going to be coming back and forth inside and outside, I don't wear shoes indoors.

when I go to parties I wear my shoes because usually half the fun is outside.

idk where this meme comes from

>Bathing a cat.
Good luck with that, cuck.

t. indoor shoe wearing amerifat who doesn't own a vacuum cleaner

>bathing your pets every time you take him/her outside

I walk my dog like 5 times a day, there's no way I can bathe her that much. It's much easier just to keep my shoes on when I come inside.

>wearing shoes
>inside a fucking house with fucking carpet
>having dirty carpets
Everyday I wish more and more I was not American

Oh I guess it depends on the person's house like if the flooring is dirty or they don't have slippers and it's cold.

then don't bring animals into a human house

where do you think the bugs and dirt come from if not your fucking shoes?

Do you live in the south or something

because no one does this in Idaho, Minnesota, Arizona, or Georgia, and I've lived in all of those places.

I don't use carpets they are unhygienic. You guys are fucking filthy shits.

>watching anime
>spider falls from the ceiling right in front of my face
>watch it crawl back up

What's the fucking point of a pet if you can't cuddle? My cat sleeps on my bed every night.

It's fucking disgusting

Depends on the circumstances, if you're leaving in a few minutes or only staying in a common area then taking your shoes off is construed as getting too comfortable. It's only slightly below taking your pants off in someone else's house.

No, but you could wash her once every few days. And your fucking floor too.
You have no idea how unhealthy you live. If you think all that dirt just stays on the floor and does not affect you because you wear shoes, good luck to you.

ITT: Americans come up with as many excuses as they can to ignore the fact that their houses are dirty because they're too lazy to clean the damn floor.

>They don't wash their butts with water either after defecating.
>intentionally giving yourself swamp ass

>The snail says as he inhales his eighth cigarette of the morning.

>ITT: Europeans pretend to be Americans so they can make up shit that either don't actually happen in America, or exclusively happen in one part of America

ftfy

or should we start saying everyone in Europe eats frogs because French do?

>you come to my house theres carpet
Carpets are the most common floor type in America, it's nothing special.

Now had you said real hard wood floors then you could have bragged about your flooring.

>this thread

I always thought it was just common sense for every household to not wear shoes indoors rather than as an south east asian tradition.
Burger people are really dumb.

We have brooms.

Dude I told you, dirt comes from everywhere. If you sneeze in your house the boogers go on the floor. You walk around in your socks over all your old boogers? That's gross dude.

American here, if my guests don't automatically take their shoes off or at least ask if they should, they're not coming back.

I'd understand wearing sandals or slippers inside but wearing shoes inside is a fucking crime.

I bet you're that faggot that sleeps naked and only changes his sheets once a week. fucking disgusting

>It's only slightly below taking your pants off in someone else's house.

This. It's literally undressing in someone else's home which is generally frowned upon unless you're very close friends or something. Maybe family.

You don't take off your shirt or pants when you visit someone, right? Why take off your shoes?

>crying over a little soil residue on the floor
I didn't know having a weak immune system could cause bitch tears.

>Not changing the entire interior of your house twice a day.
Wow, you're literally festering in your own shit.

>where do you think the bugs ... come from if not your fucking shoes?
Everyone small opening in the structure that hasn't been hermetically sealed.

Using outdoor shoes indoors is fucking disgusting. Why would you want to drag shit outside indoors?

Because I don't live in Beijing and I don't go stepping in dog shit.