Berserk thread

Is anyone else hoping that Schierke ends up in a father daughter relationship with Guts?

She is a platinum cute and not to be sexualized.

Also we got and English translation of 344 today
manga.life/read-online/Berserk/chapter-344/index-2/page-1

WITCH WITCH ARC!

All Witches in Berserk are 10/10 cute.

trigger is saving manga now?

no

I think she wants to be more than a daughter, if you know what I'm saying

Guts probably already thinks of her somewhere along those lines, being that he's still in love with casca, and plenty of girls have crushes on their dads, so their pretty much already in one.

you fucking pedophile

id love to see guts tearing schierke apart with his "sword"

>Is anyone else hoping that Schierke ends up in a father daughter relationship with Guts?
Isn't that what it is already?

>Flora
>Not cute in a grandmotherly way
Nigger you have no fucking taste

No true appreciation or understanding of the nature of the cute.

>forcing generals

It is, sort of. Lolicon are projecting their desires.

So who the fuck is Skull Knight and why is he such a cool guy?

If he's not human anymore why is he such a bro?

He's what Guts will become if he continues the path of revenge

Post Morda already goddammit. I would, but I don't have any images.

So a chill guy?

Is turning into skully a bad thing?

He sorta never gets anywhere with his fight and he's basically a demon

Demons aren't chill guys that go around helping people and speaking prophetically.

Skull Knight is an exception. I'd have a drink with Skull Knight. But I'd also have a drink with Zod, so

Losing his humanity completely is something Guts would not be very happy about.

But Zodd is pretty evil m8

All Apostles are by definition.

>Zod would drink from your scull.

Seriously tho, Scull knight leveled up quite a bit after getting permanently attached to his armor.
Guts should do the same as quick as possible and go rape Femto in front of the Caska.

Yes, I watn Guts to father her children.

Skull Knight probably is still 'evil' in a way, it's just that he's against the God Hand and appears to be on the 'good' side.

Zodd honestly doesn't even act like you would think an evil being would act a lot of the time anyway, so who knows.

Zodd wouldn't do shit unless I insulted Griffisu

and I'd be more wary of Lotus if I did that

I think scull knight visited that witch and they were all lovey dovey, I doubt that would be the case had he been evil.
That said its Berserk, show me who is not evil.

>That said its Berserk, show me who is not evil.
Good point. Even Guts has done plenty of evil stuff, so I don't think it's as simple as just saying that someone is evil or not.

Skull Knight isn't evil man he hasn't done anything even morally questionable in the whole series.

Also he's not an Apostle.

He was probably a shitty king.

>he hasn't done anything even morally questionable in the whole series
Considering how much we know about him we cannot be sure of that.

a truly selfless individual

Well considering "in the whole series" and "what we know" are the same thing.

Yes

Yes we can

Please remind me who that is.

Best character of the whole Band of the Hawk

He's not the greatest man.

I liked knife guy.

Stop being a faggot

But that's wrong.

For whatever reason I read that as "Band of the Cuck"
I think something is happening to me...

I think it's time to take a break from Sup Forums.

>Judeau is dead and he's never gonna be seen again
It was the first anime I'd watched since I was a kid. It might've been on some shitty youtube channel but fuck I loved the original Band of The Hawk

Don't you mean Band of the Falcon? :v

In Japanese they're the same. Same in Romance languages

Is it just me or is Ivaralla best girl?

That's not Luca.

She is the first whore with a heart of gold character I ever liked.

Hot damn these translations are awful. What happened to past translators?

It's just you.

>I see you are a man of culture as well .xcf

>Older sister
>Motherly figure
>A lover
>Cutie you wanna hug
>Chose all of the above and add some more.

I think this feels a bit pulpy and frivolous.

it feels much less serious and impressive and in keeping with the tone as the when we met flora.

I don't really think I'll be able to take it seriously when griffith's forces invade. the tone feels too silly and different from most of Berserk.

it seems a bit facile.

more importantly, why is Zodd meant to be Skull knight's equal in strength?

zodd is just a big cat and we can see outside of the eclipse that skullknight can cut off his arms with ease, even without the blade of resonance.

So why are we meant to buy that he's consistently able to fight with Skullknight as equals until a stand-still?

Why does skullknight agree to engage him in time-costing duels on important occasions when skullknight really wants to get Void?

>If he's not human anymore why is he such a bro?
I assumed he is not a human anymore because he wore berserker armor and it got binded to him so now he has no body since it got dissolved/consumed and only conciousness trapped in armor.

That said since berserk release pattern is so slow, I am barely remembering what its all about so I might have screwed something.

Berserk opens with guts fucking a demon. This is not supposed to be taken seriously

Maybe they're not equal in strength, maybe Skull Knight is super strong and Zodd is just abnormally resilient, like they're polar opposites.

mah nigga

My theory is that he's using just using Guts to achieve his own ends. Whether his personal goal is "good" or not, I don't know yet.

Zodd is just straight up delusional about his strength. He doesn't even hold a candle to Guts anymore, let alone Skull Knight.

>Why does skullknight agree to engage him in time-costing duels on important occasions when skullknight really wants to get Void?

Because Scull knight can see the future, he probably knows its not him that can void the Void but Gutsu so, he just does whats necessary for Guts to advance or become the man to finish it.

I dunno, I'd think if berserker armor basically took over someone they'd be a lot less chill than skull knight is, Guts becomes a metal wolfman/killing machine when the armor gets the better of him temporarily. Guts and Skull are implied to have very similar circumstances so I'd think Skull would be a lot more angry abd a lot less coherent if he was just berserker armor with a lingering grudge.

My bet is that elf magic has to do with his longevity/inhuman nature, I seem to recall Puck commenting on how Skull knight gave an elf vibe when he met him.

I though it was like this.
>Scull knight wear armor to fuck somebody up royally
>Scull knight lose himself in rage
>Wander as enraged murder machine for centuries until the witch goes inside of the armor and bring him back
>Since he was one with armor, its binding to him permanently or even his body stop to exist (hence the eye glow)
>Now he wander as big daddy of sort
>This is why Schierke knows how to bring Guts back.

Skull knight straight up said that he's destined by casualty to finish off Void. He was the one who probably killed off the original God Hand, leaving void as it's oldest member. Or maybe i just read a crap translation.

could be the case, would make me wonder why gut's armor had the skull motif when the first dug it up though. Always thought that was an indication the skull knight had it first

I hope they explain better what exactly is Skull Knight, if they said "He uses a armor just like the Berserker" I'd be okay, but the Berserker was literally his armor, I hope we get some more information on that.

I wonder if there's anything inside the armor, or if it's just his soul that wondered off back into his old armor.

Also, did his horse also lose his soul? Did the horse have a Berserker? What's up with that?

Truth told because Berserk is a giant ass manga that gets released less frequently than solar eclipse in Berserk happen, I barely remember anything so dont take anything I say 100% HOWEVER.
From what I remember every member of God Hand is able to manipulate causality, same with Scull knight so, as far as causality goes its just version of future that comes if no one changes it but since everyone keep changing it, causality as it is mean jackshit.

the horse used a crimson behelit

he's part of the godhand

In a deleted chapter it's actually a god in the shape of a heart that manipulates casualty. The Godhand is just a product of it's manipulation.

>every member of God Hand is able to manipulate causality, same with Scull knight
Skull Knight can't manipulate causality, I'm quite certain. And the godhand aren't omnipotent, pic related

Isn't guts more like an aloof big brother? How old is guts anyway? Still early 20's ?

I love how Skull knight still has a sense of humor.

He can only act on the intersections, and he doesn't know what will happen.

Which explain him fucking up and fusing the worlds.

>Skull Knight can't manipulate causality
He can see the future tho so that kinda assumes he can change it as well.

>godhand aren't omnipotent
This is why I said causality means jackshit, if they were omnipotent they would made their version of causality come true and be done with it but since Scull knight can see the future and change it.
Also, I think it was mentioned that Guts also avoided causality by merely surviving, the causality is just the word Void use to make himself look smarter.

Yeah, 25ish I think.

>so that kinda assumes he can change it as well.
Having the power to see and the power to change are too very different things.

Just give us a couple of chapters focused on Gaiseric already, fuck.

i hope griffith brutally murders her then eats the meat off her bones in front of guts

that is never going to happen. the tone of the manga has radically shifted.

I used to fantasize about being ripped like guts and going on crazy adventures 10 years ago when I first started reading berserk.
I am now a 25 year old out of shape lanklet in dental school and I have come to realize that I have barely lived my life. Why is life so cruel?

>supposedly tortured his best friend under a dungeon for years (assuming Void is the wise man).

How is he a bro?

>more importantly, why is Zodd meant to be Skull knight's equal in strength?

He's not, Skull Knight is just bound not to instantly kill him, same deal with the egg apostle. He seems to be following the lines of fate.

Everything is going according to his plan.

>Skull Knight can't manipulate causality

He can, but only in a grand sweeping way and at junctions of fate itself.

I think the two junctions passed so far were the eclipse and Femto's transformation into the falcon of light. He had a very heavy hand in both events.

>dental school
You win at life bro, prices at dentist are fucking insane, you will live as a king.

You have to go on the adventure to become ripped.

You can't spend your whole life training to become a master swordsman before ever stepping foot on a battlefield.

Griffith cut off Zodd's arm too, when he's well below Skull Knight or even conviction Guts (who failed to lop off Zodd's arm).

Void is an asshole and had it coming.

Skull Knight is future/past Guts.

>People born the day the manga began publication are literally older than Guts now

It's been 2 (two) years since Rickert slapped Griffith.

I really want to see that flashback, shit should make the golden age and Griffith and Guts' rivalry look small in comparison. I also wonder how long Zodd knew Skull Knight, I mean he's been an apostle since before even the last Godhand at least, since the last one was 216 years ago and Zodd's been fighting for 300 years.

Guts is 22. Eclipse happened when he was 19, and he wandered for 2 years. I think it's been a year since he killed Rosine, so he's 22.

The art makes him look like he's pushing 40. I don't like the idea that I'm older than Guts.

>Skull Knight is more than three times older than Zodd

If he's indeed Gaiseric, that is

I'm getting old

Thanks for the translation, pretty good work!

This maga art is always inproving. What a wonderful chap.

>All these people whining about the recent tone of the series

What the fuck are you people going about? This is the calm before the storm. The golden age was the same thing right before Griffith's imprisonment. It wasn't filled with as much comedic relief but it was tonally different from the incredibly bleak and depressing arcs that followed after. I don't see how the party now is different aside from puck, isma and isidro never shutting up.

There's still a world overrun with monsters, falconia obviously being a giant sacrifice(it sounds pretty familiar to what happened to the old capital underneath the tower), the beast of darkness had been foreshadowed to go wild in earlier arcs, and so on.

And let's not forget how dark the ganishka arc was which wasn't too many chapters ago from now. It may have came out years ago sure, but it's not too many chapters ago from now.

>This is not supposed to be taken seriously
>Despite every other arc's content and writing suggesting otherwise

you can still live out your adventure, it's just now you'll be fighting against the insurmountable forces of plaque and getting your patients to floss.

Does it make you feel like you wasted your life?

It's never too late if you aren't a weak willed """depressed""" faggot

I knew a guy from walmart who looked 35 but it turned out he was three years younger than me. Guts had a hard life.

I heard they are starting to test some meds for immortality or something, maybe we could H8threon Miura so he actually have a chance at finishing it.

>getting people to floss regularly
funny joke user

Its pretty much impossible to discuss berserk on Sup Forums without getting really low effort posts. Its obvious for anyone who isnt a complete retard that plot is moving forward now and guts cant be an edgelord every fucking minute

I agree for the most part, I just caught up with the series over the past week, and speaking chapters wise it wasn't so long ago that horrific shit was going down. The worst part about the more recent arc where those pirate tentacles if anything, really throws off the horror element to have some goofball pirates get absorbed by a sea monster but still remain goofball pirates.

I'd also add that it fits with the current plot developments that things seem rosey at this point. Griffith did literally make the world into a fairy tale afterall.

I'm not exactly sold on the idea that we're about to get an eclipse 2.0 featuring Guts' new party but I do think something very similar is going to come about, however it might be possible that Guts will finally be in a position to both recognize and protect those he cares about.

Luca, Laban, Owen and everyone else in Bird Town is fucked though, I'm just glad Rickert got out and simultaneously formed an assassin/science/magic dream team.

It wouldn't be Berserk-like if you weren't up against a task comparable to toppling god himself.

Believe it or not, there ARE people that read Berserk solely for the gore/rape and ignore the rest of it. I'm guessing they're mostly underage newfags, which would explain why they're complaining so much since this is the first time they've had to wait for new content.

I've already encountered people in their 20ies that have false teeth or teeth that are more than 50% artificial it's pretty grim user.