Kumamiko

How would you have given her a happy ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GDQoHhSzbt0
soundcloud.com/akibatrash/you-dont-have-to-think-about-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My wife Machi is so cute.

I had such high hopes for this series, but it just gets worse and worse with every new episode.

>you'll never dominate a cute miko

It was going strong until the last 2 episodes especially the ending; but I imagine that has been discussed to death already. Still out of all shows this season I wasn't expecting to be disappointed by Kumamiko. Hell I was more satisfied with Mayoiga's ending than this.

>You couldn't protect this smile

How can you live with yourself after such failure?

Just drop it and watch Tanaka and Witch instead.
Did the same after ep 5 and never regretted it.

when the blurays come out, i'm gonna edit together a new ending for the show

Will you buy one?

youtube.com/watch?v=GDQoHhSzbt0

My heart breaks every time.

What the fuck happened to her anyways? She went full on autistic.

No

Fuck this show

The idol show goes terribly, but Natsu tells her it's all part of growing as a person and tells her she should still go to school in the city like she's wanted this whole time.

Give her some cake from mr saito's shop

>The delusions fade away so Machi sees people applauding her and makes friends with the rest of idols
>Natsu congratulates her and tells her she's ready for the city now and can go
>As she's packing she remembers all the fond memories she has of the town and realizes she loves it there and decides to stay closer to her family

there. not hard.

last 3 eps are anime original and rest are out of order manga chapters right?

why?
and sales have tanked apparently

soundcloud.com/akibatrash/you-dont-have-to-think-about-it

SAITO-SAN

Machi is for molesting and having her will broken.

Some people say you stop growing mentally when you stop trying or making attempts at things. Machi gave up a while ago, shit was actually depressing to watch.

Subs for the OVA when?
Also, who is doing it?

She snap and kill everyone in the village... then move to Hirosaki.

>Implying I wanted to protect that smile and not rape Machi from the beginning

I WANT TO RAPE MACHI

I RAPED HER IN THE ASS, LITTLE SLUT LIKED IT.

Drugs

Jesus, I haven't even seen this shit and it still manages to be depressing somehow. What the hell happened to cause this?

>I haven't even seen this shit and it still manages to be depressing somehow
kill yourself.

Basically she gave up trying to go to the city and is now a 100% retarded country bumpkin (the kind she was always afraid of becoming).

EMERGENCE

This captcha made me feel bad.

fuck off

Classic meme detected.

It hurts. Please make it stop.

>Natsu show her the video, and let her see the people are throwing confettis and flowers instead of rocks

Its so fuckin simple

d-delete this

Literally the making of a NEET.

This is more heartbreaking than it should have been.

>MINNA HAPPI

I'm not happy at all.

>Not her shrine maiden garb.
Fuck that shit. Fuck everything.

>yay yay yay
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Is there a smile more purer than Machi's?

Shame she had to be tortured, bullied and mindbroken.

All they had to do to give it the usual status quo end is have a post credit piece where Machi declares a few days later that she's changed her mind and is totally going to the city for reals... after more training.

I hope the second OVA is just 15 minutes of "Psyche! Totally a dream! Machi's fine!"
The first OVA is loli Machi crying over Natsu having to hibernate, by the way.

what?
its perfect in every way

It's correct in every case, though.

No one get a happy ending that how right world is

spin off NON-NON-BIYORI when?

i wish it had this tone the whole time, its just shameless moe shit which makes me feel good. but as the ending to something that should've gone somewhere completely different it really is a bit of a fuck you huh

God I don't want to watch the rest of this.

>second kumamiko douijn is a group rape
Just give me a vanilla doujin where Machi fall in love, that's all I need to heal my heart.

After finishing up a really intense deep tissue massage, I'd ask her if she'd like a special service, free of charge.

But it's funny, friend. Just don't get too invested in the machi character and things will be just fine.

You sick fuck.

>you don't have to think anymore

Give her the Bear

I didn't expect to feel something.

This is too much, it would have dumb if she just solved all her problems so quickly. They could have easily just showed her making a little progress and ended it there

>Natsu congratulates her and tells her she's ready for the city now and can go
She's still a good bit off from high school age

This is like an ecchi series for people with a bully fetish.

Bullying such a cute girl, I don't understand why you would want that. she doesn't even deserve it, does she?

I want to protect this beautiful flower.

Delete this.

>bears who have done everything wrong

a bear's lifespan is usually ~25-35 years, so after natsu dies machi will live the rest of her life alone averse of any form of technology

Mind broken whore taking jiji-san dick all day and night and having nothing but sex inside her head.

Poor girl was sold out to the gods, no one can save her.

The ending was pretty frustrating but it could easily be fixed. All you need is one more episode where one of the other idol girls who were encouraging Machi (the rice head one maybe) visits the village and eventually convinces Machi that the stone throwing, bumpkin calling never happened. Then Yoshio gets a whoopin' and it ends as it began with Machi saying she wants to go to school in the city much to Natsu's disappointment. Also somewhere in there Natsu needs to get what's coming to him for also being a jerk.

I hope that all the discussion and disappointment related to the ending results in it being fixed in some way.

>Just give me a vanilla doujin where Machi fall in love

Unable to confess...?

So can someone tell me why she thinks everyone hates her?

I do have to add my own opinion of the series. Some people may think I'm projecting, but honestly it matches too well IMO.

I think Machi has aspergers. I have it, and the way she acts in social situations is a spot-on match. I mean, I know she's fictional and the author might've not intended that, but it still matches up well enough. Her levels of social anxiety go beyond just being raised in a secluded life-style. Her levels of stress, anxiety, and outright pain from being in social situations is legit aspergers-level (or similar social disorders). Another factor was how she responded to strangers. Hibiki, she was afraid of at first, but quickly became friends. That's how it works for us. We're awful in crowd, and struggle in 1-on-1 but after a short while we can deal with 1-on-1 and once we know people decently, we can be rather normal friends. There was also an episode (again, with Hibiki) where she was very uncomfortable and scared until she was able to talk about something she knew a lot about. This is another "symptom" people with aspergers have. We can go from completely quiet to non-stop chatterboxes if the topic changes to something we know a lot about or something we love. The example in the show was the Clothing Store. When I saw the episode I thought it was a just weird thing for the show to do, but after seeing her social issues as the show progressed, I was reminded of that episode where she went on for several minute stating facts about the Clothing Store and their products. Her actions throughout the show just fit so perfectly.

Social anxiety combined with bullying. She's grown up with only a handful of people around her so when she is in a situation where she is not only surrounded by people but strangers to she starts to break down. Then you have the shit Yoshio puts her through commonly and the result of that is Machi.

After talking about it with friends and comparing it with the manga. I've come to the conclusion that the anime adaptation of Kumamiko is lambasting the source material. Usually the anime is an advertisement for you to go read the manga. But in this case the anime is telling you that the manga sucks. Case in point, outside of the last 2 episodes, all the mean spirited bullying and harassment of Machi happened in the manga. But in the manga it was played for laughs and comedy, which is pretty sociopathic considering that nobody else in the manga like Yosiho or Natsu get the same treatment that Machi does. Most Dark Comedy's that spite it's characters tend to share the hate around but in this show it's all directed towards Machi. In the Anime the scenes with Machi panic attacks it comes across less like comedy and more like full blown anxiety disorder. Plus Yosiho increasingly comes across more and more as a sexual predator, from the point with the scene when he walks in a Machi undressed and then grabs her and yells at her about double standards.

The show played this off for laughs cause "Ha! it looks and acts like it's bordeline sexual assault!" Then we get to the last 2 episodes with the Idol contest in Sendai, and Yosiho straight up starts forcibly undressing Machi. Not to mention the "Sacrifice the Village Maiden" comment was exclusive to the anime. When you piece it together it feels like the show is highlighting the flaws that the manga has. Like it's revealing that the Manga was this hateful harassment story towards Machi. I don't know if I would call the ending of Kumamiko poor writing. There are too many great moments in the show including the last episode to think that this was just a coincidence. I mean how bad can your show be when you have brilliant lines such as a bear walking around in public only for him to go "OH SHIT I'M A BEAR!". The actual last episode was really good until the last 5 minutes. That's when it "Jumps the shark" with the ending. I feel like the writers of the show got forced onto the project and they hated the source material so the last episode was them yelling at the author going "YOUR MANGA IS AWFUL AND HERE"S WHY!". It's a deconstruction of how awful and mean spirited the manga is and it goes further beyond what the manga does to highlight to people just how awful the manga and the show treats Machi for literally no good reason. Kumamiko is truly the Spec Ops: The Line of moe shows.

Wow Doga kobo that wasn't so hard, was it? Like if anything natsu's internal conflict with finding himself wishing she should fail gave the easiest way to patch it like that. Both characters grow, Machi is still spaghetti'ing but slowly progressing as a person with natsu learning how to be a supportive but not coddling figure.

what is the point of this anime
I buttclenched everytime

She did get a fucking happy ending. I'm so fucking sick and tired of you retarded normalfuckers saying the end was shit just because she didn't go to the city, lose her charm and become a dumb slut like every other city girl. In the end she is fucking happy, she's smiling and enjoying being where she belongs which is not in a city. Why would you want to be in a fucking city? What good has a city ever done for you? Fuck off normalfags.

It is basically Watamote Lite: Country Girls and Bears Edition™

yoshio a shit

OP is so misleading ;_;

>Normalfuckers
But she became socially retarded, mentally repressed, and has the modern information of a 5 year old country bumpkin.

She doesn't remember what a fucking website is. It's the exact opposite of turning into a city slut and that's the goddamn problem.

if being delusional is what you call a happy ending

This. Whether we win or lose it's important that people are able to accept who they are.

>socially retarded
already was
>mentally repressed
big deal
>modern information of a 5 year old country bumpkin
who honestly cares?
>doesn't remember what a fucking website is
because humans have always used websites

She's what, 14 years old? Why are you giving her such shit for things that are normal for someone her age to be dealing with?

I cannot stand you fucking retarded pieces of shit painting this as some grimdark depressing anime when it's nothing of the sort.

YOU HAVE RUINED KUMAMIKO THREAD WITH YOUR IDIOCY, FUCK YOU

>socially retarded, mentally repressed, and has the modern information of a 5 year old country bumpkin
she can communicate nicely with people in the village
as long as she is happy it doesn't matter if she is a country pumpkin. It is way better than being a city drone

website? Why does she needs to know stuff she will never need

Normalfag cannot and will not get it m80s. On the other hand, getting all twisted up about it makes you sound like frogposters.
What we need is neither normalfag OR frogposter

Sup Forums is now a board that shuns people who shun normalfags, wow fuck off any time

Can you...start growing again?

REMOVE NORMALFAG remove normalfag

you are worst people. you are dumb idiot you are the shitty smell.

Normalfag genocide best day of my life

she is a shrine maiden with shamanic powers, she would be useless in a city

>Genuine /r9k/ perma-NEETs with no ambitions trying to pretend everything will be fine the moment things go south

She's 14, not your autistic 24 year old ass.
Mental stagnation and denial is no different from being dead inside.

I couldnt help thinking that this was some new level of disturbing shit.

Wow she's really become a mindless flesh toilet.

Because she can't do that in her own village, right. Why are you normies so bent on her going to the city and being one of you? You're like the fucking borg, fuck off please stay away from my pure cute Miko daughteru. You are the cancer. You are bad.