Ace Attorney

MY HEART!

Also, going straight to 2-2 next episode.

No episode next week.

The quality difference between this episode and the last is fucking staggering.

The last episode was a disgrace of life. This is a fucking great believable OC that added to the childhood lore in a satisfying way.

Also FUCK YES they are skipping 2-1. I love Maggey but fucking hell that case is the worst in the entire series.

Felt real bad for Edgeworth after this episode.

I wish we had way more "filler" OC like this. That was great.

The only thing I wish happened was for Phoenix to "turn things around" when he was arguing with Larry about why Edgeworth would throw away his signal samurai keychain.

Why would you keep watching this?

They might be doing chronological order. In which case we get extended suffering in the form of the amnesia case and big top happening one after the other.

Is that the Judge on the currency?

>Reunion, and Turnabout
No 2-1? What the actual fuck, I needed Gumshoe's waifu!

They're doing Game 2? Does this mean we're going to haz a Pearls?

In the next episode, no less.

Yes. It's happening in two weeks.

Anyone remember the name of Edgeworth's dog? He wasn't in the games, but Takumi did confirm in an interview he has one.

Gumshoe's waifu? I don't remember anything about the second game, or the third one for that matter.

Pess

I have no recollection of Edgeworth's suicide note.

>Gumshoe's waifu?
Byrde is the word.

Thanks. I wonder if it's supposed to be this one or if this one died and he eventually got another.

>I have no recollection of Edgeworth's suicide note.
You can see it at the end of AA1 and Phoenix talks about it in AA2. It's not meant to be taken literally, it just means that Edgeworth is leaving his past self as a ruthless prosecutor behind and he travelled the world to do some soul-searching for a few months.

>Larry didn't steal the money he just found it
It fits his Character better but it feels off. Didn't he confess in the game?

Hot damn, it is.

Fran and Maya will save the show.

Shit anime
Mei and Mayoi (and most likely Hami-chan as well when she gets introduced) are its only redeeming points but still it sucks so hard.

I just realized that it was fucking Missile.

No that breed of dog is just very common in Japan. Besides it was 15 years ago, which is a bit beyond a dog's lifespan

Watched the ep.
It was actually good.
Damn I miss my kid times.

>I love Maggey but fucking hell that case is the worst in the entire series
Can you explain why? I can only vaguely remember playing it, the amnesia thing was a bit lame but I understand it was a way to teach new players the basics. Was it just that or something else?

von karma showing an act of compassion? now what is that
In the games it's pretty much implied that von karma set Edgy up. He made him a feared prosecutor, only to have him fall as hard as possible at the highest point in his career. Von Karma never stopped being butthurt after that penalty. He hates Gregory THAT much that he would try to get revenge on him even after his death.

and lo and behold, little franziska seems to be quite upbeat as well, moreso than you would expect her to be I'd say. Did growing up with Edgy change her that much?

anyway, it seems to me that the anime is taking a slightly different approach here. Maybe von karma did feel a sense of remorse and took Edgy in at first. But then later, he realised he could have this grand scheme against Edgeworth going.

Missile didn't make any appearance in the adaptation of last case, even though he was there.

So, it's fair to assume that this is anime's Missile.

>little franziska seems to be quite upbeat as well, moreso than you would expect her to be I'd say. Did growing up with Edgy change her that much?
Wasn't she always in his shadow? I expect the more he bested her, the more she felt compelled to be "perfect"

Great, I just realized Missile has been fucking dead for the last three games.

I thought about this after I was done posting actually. What happened is probably something like this:

little Franziska clearly thinks she is the one in charge in this episode. She thinks Edgeworth will always be her underling. But quickly, she realises that he is superior to her because Edgeworth is just a damn genius. She can't compete with that.
THat's why she grows up to be so damn competitive: She constantly wants to prove her worth. That SHE is the one in charge. But most likely, she fails time and time again. But she can never accept that because a von Karma needs to be perfect in every way.

It's honestly pretty sad to think about.

Yeah, I think it easily was constant pressure of both being Manfred's daughter and then damn adopty ends up being not only a rival, but a constant favorite and winner.

There's plenty you can do about this scenario, sadly Franziska is very rarely used as a character, not a plot device or/and fanservice. I kinda wish there was GK3 that would've developed her character past this point.

I thought Franziska in GK2 had just about as good a showing as you're going to get actually. She is still clearly influenced by her von karma education because she cannot comprehend Miles giving up on his badge to save a friend. Status means so much to her that it's just inconceivable. Not to forget that she accuses Miles of "running away" if I remember correctly.

But other than that, she's generally very helpful, has clearly changed a lot in many ways and I THINK at the end of the game, she understands Miles and what he did. Maybe a bit hard to tell.

But yeah, more fleshing out of her character would have been great. Not sure if we can still get that now.

I'm shocked with this episode, it was actually good.

A bit of a spoiler territory and spoiler I am not sure of, but if Spirit of Justice is so much about Apollo, then there's still hope. Ace Attorney isn't dying anytime soon.

Wait a minute, that Pomeranian

Just how long is this show going to be anyways.
I thought it was one cour.

>OC
Makes sense why this episode was good.

When they announced they are doing PW and JFA in a row, it was pretty much confirmed to be 2 cour.

She also mentions a few times to Sebastian Debeste about growing out from your father's shadow, implying she's done a bit of soul-searching and realised that maybe von Karma's methods weren't the right ones

Can go at the speed of a rocket!

Von Karma wasn't a bad dad.
He did indeed want to destroy Edge but up until that point, he was a dad/mentor to him.

>Edge won't dick this
Is he a homo or what? H-he is not, yeah?

Sorry user.

>Anime actually become good when it's not strictly adhering to source material.

The director should've went down the loose adaptation route since the beginning

Not everyone is into incest. She's like a little sister to him.

I bet she was whipping edgeworth the whole trip for throwing trash out of the window

he's just oblivious to these kinda things. He never caught on to the comments of the girls clearly interested in him in AAI (flight chick and loli paups I think)

>Phoenix didn't dick Maya as well
A-At least Phoenix is not homo yeah?
Their relationship is really that of a bro/sis one? I never got that feeling from them but I didn't play AAI and AAII so I can't be sure.

>they skipped the tutorial case
>no maggey
>no banana flavored baseball glove

at least I hope they don't fuck up with the case 2-4 with this amount of screen time they got!

>Also, going straight to 2-2 next episode.
And, worst fucking anime of the year, fuck this, fuck you all, fuck everything.

The scene at the airport makes it quite clear that they have a relationship of brother/sister

As far as I know, Edgey's dog is called Pess.

As far as I know, it never got a name in the anime.

If it's a dog, it's Shu Takumi's dog, and Shu Takumi's dog is Missile.

>No Diego cameo

MISSED OPPORTUNITY

Why the fuck do kid Edgeworth and Larry sound like grown men?

He was kinda proud of Miles in flashback case of AAI.

Though anime changed their relationship from games. During the investigation meeting with von Karma he told Phoenix that Edgeworth is a stupid romantic like his father was. The way how Miles described von Karma also suggested that they parted their ways some time ago. In anime Manfred-Edgeworth relationship was more openly master-student one.

Actually she almost openly says that while she admires her father as a undeniable genius, she recognizes his faults.

Franziska does have character development, but she is too tsun-tsun to be open about that.

You guys think that they're going to adapt rise from the ashes? There was already a cameo pointing to it with the blue badger having his taped crown in the episode where Nick visits the Police Station

Read the OP again.

>going to 2-2 next

1-5 and 2-1 aren't happening.

Reread my question again. Clearly the show has been slated for at least 2 cour. I just wondering if they'll ever end up adapting it since that case was GOAT

>Also, going straight to 2-2 next episode.
I didn't even realize that. Holy shit, so fucking dumb.

If it happens, it would probably be as an OVA. I doubt they are going to squeeze it in with JFA cases.

2-1 was dumber.

>bison dollars

Relax. We will probably get Maggie after Reunion and Turnabout is done.

Wait a second, chronologically speaking, the first case happen on September, while the second case happen on June, so maybe they are still doing it after this case, just maybe.

>that power of friendship
>the dog is missile from Ghost Trick
>that ending

Fuck this episode punched me right in the feelings in more ways than 7

So was this the first anime-original episode of this show? Not really interested in the mediocre adaptation, but I'm game for some original shit.

Yes, but the other episodes do contain original bits and pieces, especially the episode before this one.

Loved the ghost trick reference.

I hope they convince Shu Takumi to write an original case to replace the circus one.

Outside of the depressing bits, this episode was cute and pure. I liked it.

>missile from Ghost Trick
If this is bait, you got me.

>1 more week till Pearls
>2 more weeks till Franzy
The wait is killing me.

Wait, Edgeworth was suppose to be like 7 years older than Franziska. How old are they there?

Nope. No episode next week. 2 weeks until Pearl, and 3 weeks until Franziska.

No better time to kill myself then.

Fuck, really? Why? Nip holiday or something?

kinda hard to connect him since there wasn't anything related to past mia yet

with any luck, if/when the adapt 2-1, they put more OC filler content

It's always like that for 2 cour anime, you should be thankful that you don't have to wait another 3 months like sometimes happens.

The TV channels are going to air some kind of music show to celebrate Summer.

>kissanime
This anime has brought nothing but filth to this board.

ema exist

That's not 2-3

No. You're probably thinking about what age Fran became a Prosecutor, which was 16-18. It's never stated how old she was in the game iirc.

>loli femdom Fran

>which was 16-18
it was 13

We saw her age in the in-game character profiles for all the games she was in.

Guys, is it okay to ship Maya and Phoenix?
How is their relationship in the games?

>They won't do 2-1
>Therefore 3-3 is completely irrelevant
>We'll never see Maggey
>or Armstrong
>or Furio Tigre
>or Viola Cadaverini
>or Lisa Basil
>or Maya in a maid outfit
At least we saw young Franziska...

>>or Maya in a maid outfit
Geh, now this is sad

>How is their relationship in the games?
I feel like there can be multiple responses to this, but for me they pretty much have a family relationship going on. As in, they are extremely close together but no romantic feelings at all. There is pretty much not a single line or situation in the games that suggest such feelings. Just that Maya has endless faith in Phoenix and vice versa

But they ARE really cute together so I can understand shipments

Waiting warmly for loli feet and Maya bondage during the last case.

Pearl wants them together.

Pretty sure its confirmed he's asexual.Plus he views Franziska as a little sister.

Phoenix is already spoken for

can't believe I forgot about that. I do believe Phoenix wanted to gently tell her that it's not going to work out that way though

>tfw this went nowhere.

a good summary of the AA series post T&T