This is airing in 8 days. Will you be watching it Sup Forums?

This is airing in 8 days. Will you be watching it Sup Forums?
I know I will.
For Edna.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/abyssalc/status/746666262244188162
youtu.be/Ke83xqZAwys
youtu.be/QmH4A7ui4H4?t=65
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_uZCr1xA7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rose best girl.

Not even close.

Yeah because I can't be bothered to finish the game. Only Tales game I've bought that I just can't finish. I'm sure I'm near the end too. Just found out about Heldalf's origins iirc

Because of Fate/zero and Fate/Stay night I've fallen in love with ufotable. Basing on the trailers this looks amazing too. Don't know dhit about the story though.

>Zestria anime gets noses and proper jawlines
>UBW anime gets disproportionate rhino horns

FUCKING UFOTABLE

You found out about Mikleo and Sorey yet?

Blame Fate character designs it's got nothing to do with Ufotable.

Think that was all wrapped up in the whole origin story of Beast, so yes. I know I definitely got all the orbs to advance the story but don't think I went past that besides the boss

Zero looked fine though.

Episode 3 of Ufo's UBW also looked fine. After that, the character designs all went to shit again.

Same bought the game but I just couldn't be arsed any more, I'll see how it goes.

That's Takeuchi, they were just imitating his style of lately.

You're close to the end then.

See

I'd be inclined to agree if Takeuchi hadn't been making everything rounder since at least 2010.

But it is what happened, it is in the interviews. Takeuchi was their guide for the designs.

Besides, some of you really exaggerate, how does this looks bad? Shirou as well was the best Shirou design we have seen up to date.

Just look at that guy, hottest Shirou clearly.

Why? I haven't played a tales game since Phantasia.

>But it is what happened
I'll take your word for it.
>some of you really exaggerate, how does this look bad?
Compared to Zero's designs, the designs are pretty shit. The eyes are weird too, they're smaller and set back further into the face which only makes the noses of all the characters look bigger, especially the female ones.

Do you see the way the right eye behind Saber's nose is noticeable in this shot? As well as the small impression near the lips? That's missing from a lot of side-on shots of characters in UBW.

>But it is what happened, it is in the interviews. Takeuchi was their guide for the designs.

Tabata sucks copying his style though.

Sudou is the one that keeps closer to Takeuchi's style, check the Hollow Ataraxia openings or Sakura in the UBW anime.

In fact check Sudou characters in UBW anime and check the ones made by Tabata(Rin).

>this
>good

>For Edna

Agreed. Well reasoned.

>FUJOSHIT

>not finishing it for the homo end

user hate to break it to you but if the original designer is the one who was partially responsible for the designs then the end product is his fault. You can't claim that it's not similar to his design when he's the one who helped design it.

Well, you demonstrably can actually.

Just because somebody is brought in to steer a creative team towards one unique "vision" doesn't mean that team can't be utterly incompetent.

700 years of semen

News from the advanced screening says Velvet from Berseria is in the opening.

Not unless you're delusional.

If the original designer was a part of the staff and was helping to guide the designs then the end product was partially his fault. Ergo you can't reasonably claim that it doesn't fit the original designer's style when the original designer helped make it.

The most you can say is that it doesn't suit YOUR tastes.

I think she looks manlier in Zero, they made her cuter in UBW, which was probably their purpose.

>check Sudou characters in UBW anime and check the ones made by Tabata(Rin)
Yeah, that's something I can get behind, it gets better later but Rin base design was definitely not the best.

>this
>not good

Holy shit. Source?

He doesn't help design anything, he does a sketch and then Ufotable character designers redraw it.

Sudou does a really good job, Tabata sucks dick.

Sudou gets things like this, Tabata gets Rhino with giant alien eyes

twitter.com/abyssalc/status/746666262244188162

Post all the good looking moments of UBW you like, fact remains a lot of shit ones still exist.

Not that I blame them. Zero had dips in quality too (episode 11, primarily) but once UBW had come about I have to wonder how much money they had left to spread around.

Is Sudou working on HF movies? Also any word on who's doing the soundtrack? Whoever did UBW played it pretty safe compared to Kajiura.

>Makes snacks and desserts for you
>Pouts when you pay attention to girls instead of him
>Is 2cute
>Gets angry when you don't want to fuse your body with his
>Points out how bullshit Rose's character is
>Timeskip Mickey is the most beautiful character in the game

The other girls lost before they even met Sorey, they didn't stand a chance.

The nose doesn't look so different there to the Sakura we already saw in UBW though, it is just half hidden by the flowers.

Too bad the game was so shit though. I got gibbed by Sophie's mystic art in the post game dungeon and just never went back to it.

>played it pretty safe
I say it was more risky, few soundtracks in anime are done the way he did them.
Doing music to fit the scene is something harder than doing it normally.

I wish FLOW was doing the OP to the anime.

Not just that, but Mikleo is also the best cook in the game, and he learned how to cook in the first place, despite not needing to eat, just to feed Sorey.

Also picrelated.

>Is Sudou working on HF movies?
Yeah Sakura is his waifu.

He's the director too

>Also any word on who's doing the soundtrack?
Kajiura

It also severely restricts what a composer could do melodically. A lot of the UBW soundtrack isn't even trying compared to some of Kajiura's stuff on F/Z. In that sense, UBW's soundtrack was "safe".

FLOW IS doing the opening for Zestiria anime.

youtu.be/Ke83xqZAwys

I can't really compare because I would have to go through every episode comparing side by side Zero and UBW, but they probably had around the same budget, they didn't have a much bigger that's for sure, Aniplex is not that kind.

oh shit

>FLOW wasted in this garbage

Man..

As much as I love the Tales series I couldn't stand this game. The gameplay was horrid, sure, but the characters and story were among the worst easily.

So yes, obviously I'll watch it.

I feel you. I was able to finish it eventually, but it's the first Tales game I'd put down after buying.

Shame there was literally no romance in the game, we could have had our first canon gay couple.

I WANT TO FUCK EDNA AND CUM IN HER BOOTS

>Points out how bullshit Rose's character is
>Then proceeds to bend over backwards for her because Rose is Rose and she's always right like everyone else in the game does

The ambient was different definitely but I think it was better than Kaijura's when listened aside or in the BDs (where it sounds louder for some reason).

The one I do miss is Kenji Kawai though, his compositions are gold and fit perfectly with Fate, I don't get why he hasn't come back.

Well they are doing the OP for the new game

youtu.be/QmH4A7ui4H4?t=65

Mikleo and Sorey are just as gay as Rita and Estelle.

As in, they aren't actually gay unless you're interpreting it that way.

Which I do.

While there is no overt romance, it's pretty obvious that Mikleo really wants Sorey's D, and Sorey doesn't seem to register anyone as "attractive" besides Mikleo. Besides that you've also got Rose and Dezel.

But Berseria looks fine. Zestiria is just terrible.

As much as I wish there was a gay couple in Tales, I just can't see Sorey/Mikleo that way.

I can see Mikleo as being a little gay, I guess. But I can't see Sorey as being literally anything.

>Besides that you've also got Rose and Dezel.

Are we calling that romance now?

So from what I've gathered, based on Zestiria alone, Tales fans will consider literally anything to be romance?

I wonder if they'll ever use a new engine.

These games could run in the PSVita easily considering they don't look better than Digimon Cyber Sleuth or Nep games.

The only reason why Mikleo wanted Rose to join was because of Sorey. He didn't want Sorey to be alone and without a human companion who could understand him.

That's not the problem. The bending over backwards no matter how wrong she is 3 of 4 times after that the same way every other character does is the problem.

How good is Tales of Xillia 2? I want to try it because it seems the story revolves around a cute loli.
I played first Xillia and thought it was too easy, the story was not that great either aside from Gaius moments, is the story in Xillia 2 any better?

Nigga Estelle and Rita literally sleep together.

Like I said Mikleo is literally the only character that Sorey canonically considers attractive (and Mikleo's titles in the Japanese version call him Sorey's most important person), so for Sorey in terms of sexuality. It's either Mikleo or bust.

Nip do, that's because the two of them are teased more in the JP version and Zestiria official releases.

I've played both those games and you're grossly over exaggerating. The particle effects alone would cause the Vita to run at like 7 fps.

What did you expect with Baba?

The story in Xillia 2 is worse, in my opinion.

Maybe that's because I was expecting something that actually expanded on the first game's story instead of parallel world shit.

Also I hope you liked the all the areas and dungeons in Xillia, cause you'll be going through all of them again. Many times. Don't go thinking you'll get to explore Elympios or anything either.

Oh and all the characters from Xillia are all shoved into their own "episodes" as well, so you don't have to worry about their character or character development having anything to do with the main story, sort of like Persona 4 if you've played that.

The True ending was okay though

>Sorey canonically considers attractive
>important person

I don't think either of these things equate to romance, especially taking Sorey's character into consideration. In literally any other context, if Sorey was any other character, I'd agree that it's gay. But it's Sorey, so there's nothing gay about it.

Yeah to me that doesn't mean romance though. Sorey doesn't have a sexuality and he shouldn't.

I can say, Sorey wants to spend his life with Mikleo, that's obvious. Sorey definitely loves Mikleo. But it's not romantic, it's not gay. It's an entirely platonic, if not brotherly love. They are partners, not a couple.

>Sorey doesn't have a sexuality and he shouldn't

Yeah, Sorey is Adventuresexual.

Xillia and Xillia 2 are the best Tales of games.

Xillia 2 is darker.. a lot.

>Xillia and Xillia 2 are the best Tales of games.

In what sense? Story? Gameplay? Characters?

Because the only good thing about the Xillia's were the gameplay.

>Xillia and Xillia 2 are the best Tales of games.

>Boring story, possibly the most generic yet
And that's something, coming from Tales

>Shitty characters with boring development
Jude is an insufferable main character, he's worse then Lloyd. Milla is just your generic strong girl hero, Alvin was unbearable until the second game, Elize and Rowan were.. okay. I barely even remember Leia.

>One of the worst final boss lead ups in the history of Tales
I'd be willing to say it's almost as bad as Duke in Vesperia.

Xillia and Xillia 2 are good games, yeah. But they aren't the best Tales games at all. Not with games like Destiny to compete with.

Why the hate for Rose? I don't think she is really bad perse (kind of a dumb premise sure). But like everyone else she is umderutilized and does not get her character explored or developed in any meaningful way.

They should have done Vesperia. Lots of story and characters to work with there.

I don't think an anime can even capture the good parts of Zestiria! The bestiary and battle conversations and punny games. Which leaves it with just the base story...

This is going to suck.

So they just reuse maps? That's pretty lazy I most say.
What about the loli? Does she gets a lot of screentime?

The episodes thing sounds nice, I like relationship based events like in Atelier or Persona.

This is where the difference between the English and Nip version.

Also context, the scene where Sorey says he finds Mikleo attractive, it's hard to interpret as innocent.

And the descriptions of Mikleo's titles essentially call him Sorey's soul mate, and then there's the Nip version of the Fairy of love skit.

Yep, you'll be going through the same maps over and over again. There are a couple new areas/dungeons but they are far and few and you'll have to go through a couple of them a few times as well.

No one really gets much screentime outside of their episodes and occasionally in other characters episodes, but in my opinion Elize is probably the only Xillia 1 character I liked better in the first game.

I haven't played the english version so I wouldn't know what they did.

>Sorey's soul mate

Okay, where's the romance? "Most important person", "Soulmate", none of these things exclusively mean romance.

I don't think the part where Sorey finds Mikleo isn't "innocent", it was more like he was put on the spot and was forced to say something, so he said the first person, his most important person, that came to mind.

In literally any other Tales game I'd give this to you and say they are gay and are gonna go fuck like rabbits, but it's absolutely not the case in Zestiria.

>There are still people who try and say Sorey and Mikleo are a thing despite the fact it would go against the entire theming of Zestiria

I just don't get it. Why do you retards need to inject romance into everything?

Do you all ship Yuri and Estelle too because they have a few moments?

A psychic told me one of my longest friends was more soulmate.

Strangely, I don't feel the urge to go ahead and fuck him.

>There are still people RIGHT now that think Sorey has any sort of sexuality or romantic feelings towards anyone

Nigga's whole thing is how pure he is. Fuck, the entire theme of the game is about how fucking pure he is.

He's a monk for fucks sake, he can fuck Mikleo's thighs as much as he wants but that's as far as that goes.

Loli gets a lot of screen time. I really hated her though until about halfway through the game where she grew on me though.

there's
異体同心
and
唯一無二の

and then youtube.com/watch?v=Q_uZCr1xA7w

Like I said, there is room for either interpretation.

Let me ask you something, do you also think Estelle and Rita are gay? Because their love/romance is just as subtext and guesswork as Sorey/Mikleo, but I've noticed most people who ship Sorey and Mikleo refuse to believe Estelle and Rita were gay.

There is room for either interpretation, sure. I'm just taking into account the entire theme of Sorey's character and the game in general. That's literally why I'm saying in any other game, they'd be gay as fuck. Hell, that's why I'm saying Mikleo is gay as fuck. If you're focusing solely on things like that scene, you could say Sorey is gay as fuck too.

But the moment you look at everything else, that changes.

There's literally nothing "gay" about this, when you consider Sorey's character and upbringing.

Rita and Estelle aren't gay because obviously Estelle was getting wet over Yuri and Flynn. Not to mention there's literally nothing that even comes close to hinting at the two being gay, unlike Sorey and Mikleo.

Who also aren't actually gay, it's just retarded shippers that need to inject romance into everything that force that perception.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Sorey isn't gay as far as I'm concerned. He isn't straight either, as far as I'm concerned. I've had this discussion a million times before, just like I'm sure you have and I still think when taking everything into consideration I can't possibly think of Sorey seeing Mikleo romantically.

I only said that Sorey might have feelings for Mikleo, I never said anything about Sorey actively wanting to fuck him, for which the answer would be a resounding no. This is true for Mikleo as well, there's a lot to suggest he might be in love with Sorey, but there's nothing to suggest that he actively wants to fuck him or anyone else for that matter (it's actually pointed out that he's more pure than Sorey).

Seriously the most lewd thing these two would ever do, would be to hold hands. In summary might the two of them be in love with one another, yes, do they want to have sex with each other, hell no?

>ufotable
>everything about the game except the opening was shit

Tough call.

The word used to describle love was "koi" which is exclusively used to describe romantic love, in the Nip version Sorey says that he might those feelings.

>hating a loli for even a second
You fucking monster, die a meaningless death and disapear from this earth.

Now take that scene and put it into perspective with the rest of the game. The use of "koi" is irrelevant when you do that, given how naive both characters are.

In the context of the conversation it isn't. There's no way for either character to be able to misinterpret it's meaning. Keep in mind that what I'm saying is essentially .

Edna will be meme of the season.

I'll probably watch the first couple of episodes but once I get to where I am in the game Im going to stop. I don't want to be spoiled.

Stop reading these threads then.

Edna will have so many fucking smug reactions, reminds me of the credits scene where she, Sorey and Mikleo are running from her dragon brother. Tooooo fucking cute.

It's because she's bullshit and her inclusion was sloppily done. The game gets hypocritical when she's added to the fray, which just makes its tendency to talk down from its high horse even worse.

Zestiria's story needed work, less talking and pseudo philosophy and more down to earth.

>mouth on cheek
Why is this allowed?

>ufo not doing type moon shit
>FLOW OP
>fhana ED
>Edna

Of course.