1. Alderaan was a planet in a fucking galaxy...

1. Alderaan was a planet in a fucking galaxy. In terms of scale it is no different than dropping a bomb in some random city in the middle east.

2. The rebels where literally terrorists. They blew up a machine twice. Would it be ok for antifa to blow up a cop car?

3. The economic well being and personal security for an average citizen in the galaxy became better after the Empire took over from the Republic.

4. The empire literally destroyed the bureaucracy that was causing technological stagnation and political deadlocking

5. The empire literally destroyed pirates and secured key trade routes.

6. They banished the huts to some remote corner of the galaxy.

7. Aldaraan was literally North Korea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3gHqYddtmNU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh look! It's that faggot that just saw Clerks! Hi faggot!

I have never seen Clerks.

The rebels where literally terrorists. They blew up a machine twice. Would it be ok for antifa to blow up a cop car?

The death star was a military target. Terrorism is a means of waging war not any military action that you politically disagree with. Don't be so disingenuous.

Wtf you talking about. The Med Star 1and 2 were harmless space hospitals... Lord Vader personally donated to and visited burn ward victims. That's why he was present at both.

Did you figure out that the rebels were REBELS??
I'm so proud of you, you must be the smartest kid in the 9th grade

>the death star was a military target

That makes it ok to blow up since you don't like what it does?

Donald Trump is the emperor

Yes. That is what happens in a war.

No, it makes it morally permissible under the law of armed conflict and the norms governing warfare.

The destruction of Alderaan did not follow the rules and norms governing the protection of non-combatants.

You're literally a faggot for using the word literally.

what the fuck is the matter with you?
Go watch Clerks, it's great

Aldaraan was the largest antagonistic force the empire was currently battling for galactic hegemony.

It's no different then the US nuking Moscow (which it should have done by now)

Alderaan was a rebel weapons development facility. They destroyed it themselvs. Then attacked the medical aid.

lmao uh this is the health star sir

I don't like enemy civilians, thanks for greenlighting the napalm runs

This thread exists because the CIA thinks that badmouthing Star wars will cause people to reject my red pills.

Because of my tripcode.

Look at OP.

Look at him and laugh.

no he is the GOD EMPEROR

Yeah, but ONE guy pulled the strings for the entire thing, maybe both sides of it. Where is that (((ONE GUY))) in your analogy?

"Nuking" Moscow, I assume you mean a large scale indiscriminate nuclear strike against the city. Yeah, that would be illegal and immoral.

An entire planet cannot be a rebel weapons development facility. The Empire could have target any weapons development facilities on the planets surface. It's use of a WMD (Giant Planet Destroying Laser) was an indiscriminate attack and could arguably be deemed illegal.

>its immoral to kill people that are preventing your people from achieving greatness.

This is what hippies believe.

That was liberal Jedi shit.

this is the star wars universe not fucking warhammer

>its perfectly fine to kill people that are preventing your people from achieving greatness.

This is what edgy 15 year olds on the internet believe and don't understand that the norms governing warfare have developed over several thousands years as a means to mitigate the worst of the suffering that inevitably comes with armed conflict.

Alderaan was an entire planet that is a white man's wet dream.

Empire blew it up just as an interrogation tactic. Rebels did the right thing.

>Muh empire literally killed all da pirates
>muh empire secured trade routes

Oh and yet they have to hire a bunch of low life bounty hunters just to find a few fucking teenagers and are too fucking stupid to realize when a cargo ship is hiding on their own hull

their storm troopers cant shoot a fucking thing except apparently an elderly couple in the middle of the fucking desert where they reduce them to melting bones just because they cant find their teenage nephew. Why take them as a hostage? nah fuck it, lets melt them *proceeds to aim from 3 inches away in order to hit*

>KILLED BY TEDDY BEARS THROWING 5 lbs ROCKS WHILE WEARING FULL BODY ARMOR

TIEs are fun as fuck to shoot in vidya. Get rekt

>"Nuking" Moscow, I assume you mean a large scale indiscriminate nuclear strike against the city. Yeah, that would be illegal and immoral.
As opposed to precision nuclear strikes of cities with few civie casualties

Go to hell nigger

What the fuck do you think nuclear weapons were designed to do

It can be argued to have saved lives in the long run. imagine how many lives would have been lost in a traditional blockade (rebels and empire), plus the fighting could have spilled over into nearby systems. Ultimately rendering more than one planet uninhabitable. Not to mention all the slave labor that would be required to sustain a long drawn out military campaign. Using the green laser was necessary to prevent an even greater loss of life.

>as a means to mitigate the worst of the suffering that inevitably comes with armed conflict.

You mean mutually assured efficiency.

>Moscow nukes USA first
>now the entire world is communist

Its ok bro, the US was their largest antagonistic force

Coming from the nation welcoming foreign hordes that have caused a sex crime epidemic

kek that's rich bitch boy

Now help Ahmed hold your sister down

This guy gets it.

Sometimes the world isn't all flowers and honey.

Well yes.

Might makes right.

If Russia wins then they deserve their spoils.

The winner is the right person.

>Blowing up an entire planet because of some factories
>Surely this wont bite us in the ass when all the other planets find out what we did

RIP Galactic Empire
You were like 23 years old

>What the fuck do you think nuclear weapons were designed to do

If I made a baby killing machine whose sole intent was to kill babies the use of that machine in line with the intent of its creation would not be a moral argument in favour of its existence.

>It can be argued to have saved lives in the long run. imagine how many lives would have been lost in a traditional blockade

You have no idea how many lives would have been lost, maybe it would have been more, maybe less. So you cannot argue that more lives could have been lost. All we know is that the attack on Alderaan failed to observe the rights of non-combatants. The Empire has a case to answer in the Hague.

This represents the slave mentality

Killing babies has no practical tangible purpose other than your own sadistic tendencies.

Also Earth norms don't apply in Star Wars since this is Earth and that is Star Wars.

It was the iron fist of a totalitarian government. That is why we have the second amendment. To fight Tyrany.

In a Democratically elected Republic, we don't have to blow up our government because we are civil and not dumb space niggers.
That is why ANTIFA Faggots are so stupid. They are not the rebel alliance. "This is what democracy looks like." Sure, commie.

Survival of the fittest.

If you want something, take it, and if someone wants to stop you or reprehend you then you should be stronger than that person.

If you are not stronger than that person what right do you have to tell that person how to treat you?

Also I think the empire did not meddle the private citizens' rights.
>tfw the EU is more authorian than the galactic empire

>Killing babies has no practical tangible purpose other than your own sadistic tendencies.

You are denying the enemy future soldiers? Thus in a long term conflict the rate of attrition will surely favour us. WTF you don't want to kill the children of the enemy? Might makes right. If we win we are totally justified in doing anything to win.

>If I made a baby killing machine whose sole intent was to kill babies the use of that machine in line with the intent of its creation would not be a moral argument in favour of its existence.
Faggot. Nuking enemy civilians is humane compared to starving them out or carpet bombing or chemical weapons

>Also Earth norms don't apply in Star Wars since this is Earth and that is Star Wars.

This is an interesting argument, as to whether international conventions will still be applicable in space. Since norms are generally universal there is an argument that they would apply across the universe.

>Nuking enemy civilians is humane compared to starving them out or carpet bombing or chemical weapons

But if you're the one threatening to do both that is not moral in any way.
"We nuked you but we didn't do anything wrong because we also had the options to gas you or starve you to death." That is completely retarded reasoning.

Norms are ever changing.

Laws of nature and power dynamics are not.

>we nuked you because we would be better off if we nuked you and we have the capability of nuking you.

This is ok.

If Aliens came here and said hey guys we need your planet so we are going to kill all of you now. I would be like gee that sucks for me but I can't blame the Aliens since I would do the exact same fucking thing in their shoes.

The writing in Star Wars is awful.

The do totally irrational, evil things, just because they're the baddies and the audience needs to know they are baddies. Probably the worst villains in any major franchise. They have no depth.

in this metaphor it would make sense to compare the old republic to what we had in the 70s when it came out but the empire to what would have been when the 3rd Reich would have won. If we'd live in a pure evil society Terrorism wouldn't be a bad thing, look at the game Mirrors Edge, or the movie Red Dawn etc. I'm not quiet sure what makes a movement terrorism, but "terrorist" is just a word and uprisings have happened all the time in history.
Example, Stauffenberg (that guy who tried to bob Hitler) was a terrorist back then, but general public now stands behind him. So comparing the Rebels to terrorists is assuming that nothing good can come out of terrorism.

Norms are typically recognised universally and have developed over thousands of years. Ideas about discriminating between combatants and non-combatants do develop over time but they have a very long basis and existence in history.

>I would be like gee that sucks for me but I can't blame the Aliens since I would do the exact same fucking thing in their shoes.

This is some bizarre interpretation of the universe as some peculiar Hobbesian. nightmare. It's Rationalist theory taken to its logic extreme conclusion. It's little more than reductio ad absurdum

>looking out for the interests of your people is reductio ad absurdum

>looking out for the interests of your people is reductio ad absurdum by exterminating everyone else is reductio ad absurdum

Also apologies I meant to write Realist not Rationalist

The empire was based on tyranny and the movies had many scenes to show the viewer why they were bad, many people consider living in a save tyranny as a worse thing than trying to destroy and rebuild a less horrible system. With movies like Matrix people started to believe that the blue pill or the lazy way of cooperation no matter what is an option too.

>if I don't kill all these people my people will die

Well I better not kill people since killing people is bad.

You're not getting the point, Swedecuck

You're retarded for wanting to spare the enemy civilians altogether

Nuke em

It's what a hydrogen bomb + air burst was designed to do, fry people and destroy cities

>Probably the worst villains in any major franchise. They have no depth.
That's why I like em

All the nuanced bullshit is out the window

>planetcucks have rights

Kek

This. We have enough aliens already.

Star Jihad - A New Prophet

Seriously, Palpatine did nothing wrong. He united the galaxy, brought peace and got rid of the fascist space-jihadis and their "morals"

>Well I better not kill people since killing people is bad.

No one has said this. Attacking the rebels military installations on Alderaan is morally permissible. The Empire has a right and arguably even a moral duty to defend itself and its own civilians. Attacking Alderaan however went beyond the right to defend yourself. That is why it was wrong.

The death star war primarily a military objective. For the rebels it was morally permissible to attack it.

This argument passes non judgements on the morality of the Empire or Rebellion as a whole but on their actions in these circumstances.

You are missing something great

>Attacking Alderaan
Destroying Alderaan I meant.

>Attacking Alderaan however went beyond the right to defend yourself.

We don't know this since we don't know the geopolitical and military institutions and instruments of a galactic civilization.

I love the Chiss Ascendancy. The Chiss (especially Grand Admiral Thrawn) are literally /ourguys/ - xenophobic, nationalistic, isolationistic, militaristic, speciesist and disciplined.

Every planet, moon and star in the Star Wars universe is hollow. This means that so-called 'gas planets', so-called 'gas moons' and stars actually have solid surfaces (even if their atmospheres are extremely thick). This means that there are twice as many worlds in the Star Wars galaxy (and, by extension, the Star Wars universe) for the Galactic Empire (and later, the First Order) to explore, conquer and colonise.

>We don't know this since we don't know the geopolitical and military institutions and instruments of a galactic civilization.

We can make reasonable judgements about this. Even in the most industrial cities whose primary output is the production of war materials and armaments there are clearly defined residential areas and industrial areas. It is impossible that the whole planet was a military target.
We know that the Empire possesses advanced technology and that they have the capacity to apply discriminatory attacks but chose not to in this case.

you'll never be a freelance starship pilot jumping from planet to planet, seeing unbelievable shit with a blaster pistol on your hip

Chewbacca dies because of a foreign alien race that was immune to the force and came from another galaxy which they themselves destroyed, Palpatine's Death Star could have stopped them.

Daily reminder that """"death star"""" is actually a delousing facility. Alderaan was deatroyed by rebels to use in their antiimperialist propaganda.

>I have never seen Clerks.

Here, it's funny. (wait for it)

youtube.com/watch?v=3gHqYddtmNU

Yes but the empire may not have had the time nor ability to determine the spots to attack or not to attack.

In addition it's like the sandniggers in the middle east. It's hard for the US to figure out who are militant extremists and who are not since a random civilian could be either.

I would argue if we had the ability to just kill all the sand niggers in the middle east, geopoliticaly speaking it would be for the best.

Sure a lot of innocent sand niggers are going to die, but terrorism and Islamic extrements are now a thing of the past.

Sure it sucks for all the innocents on Aldaraan but at the end of the day the Empire made a decision and felt that that decision was for their best.

Actually it was white supremacists user

>Yes but the empire may not have had the time nor ability to determine the spots to attack or not to attack.

Then they should have postponed their attack.

I mean, I know this is just a fun thought exercise but honestly, if your solution is, without any joke or irony "kill 'em all" it's not possible to argue against that position because it's completely outlandish and unrealistic.

>you'll never be a freelance starship pilot jumping from planet to planet, seeing unbelievable shit with a blaster pistol on your hip

IS that what you believe?

>using fictional references to make a point about real life

get the fuck out of this board kiddo

If "kill them all" results in a net benefit over "take the time needed to only kill those we need to kill" then the first option is the better.

The act of breathing does not entitle you to stifle the system.

Sure, it was caucasian humans who started enslaving the wookies, not the Rodians.

>If "kill them all" results in a net benefit over "take the time needed to only kill those we need to kill" then the first option is the better.

I'm not even sure what can be defined as a "net benefit" in this circumstance. When you commit such a heinous crime you don't just destroy your enemy but you harm the moral character of yourself and your own population. Obviously, if you have no morals and are an absolute cartoon cut-out evil villain like the Empire is portrayed in the movies then this isn't an issue. But IRL examples, even Nazi Germany abided by some normative values in their actions.

Why does everyone randomly drop the word 'literally' into sentences now? When its clear they were being literal already.

They only had those normative values because they didn't have the technology needed to abandon normative values.

The empire did.

>They only had those normative values because they didn't have the technology needed to abandon normative values.

I don't think that's true nor is it upheld by evidence. Nazi Germany accepted surrenders and treated POW's (at least in respect to Britain and US forces) generally in line with the Geneva Convention.
They also followed international law and norms by declaring war prior to attacking countries or argued that they had been attacked and were defending themselves, against invoking a normative value.
They had the technology to ignore both, they could have just summarily executed any surrendering Allied forces and didn't have to declare war or justify their actions to anyone.

Why do you literally suck my dick

The US also has the ability to just nuke and wipe out Iraq and Afghanistan. Why did they not do this?

>They had the technology to ignore both, they could have just summarily executed any surrendering Allied forces and didn't have to declare war or justify their actions to anyone.

They didn't have the technology to stop the rest of the world ganging up on them if they didn't atleast adhere to some convention.

Because democracy and public opinion.

Why be a child about it?

He's not the brightest moon in Lego.

Cool bread though

What about the Jedis and Sith?

>Because democracy and public opinion.

But what we see in the Empire is their oppressive actions and seeming lack of caring about public opinion leads to their citizenry turning against them, launching a civil war, destroying the death star twice and ultimately destroying the Empire.
So even from your extreme realist point of view, this strategy didn't even work or result in success.

Sith = Civilized
Jedi = Space jihadis

Because petroleum has the annoying habit of burning when it's near a heat source.

The Sith commit self harm.

The Jedi are taught empathy.

Keep it

>Killing babies has no practical tangible purpose other than your own sadistic tendencies.
Wrong, you cease a bloodline and race to exist, what niggers and abos need ASAP

Yet Jedis have no problem to kill coldly their opponents, same as muslims. Grow up and realize Palpatine was right

Don't bother to reply, I am leaving to work, bye

1)?? How you figure?
2) Not true, if they were terrorists, they would be refered to as such. By Darth Vader no less
3)Not true. Think communist party china, if you're not from there (human) you're a second class citizen, even on your own planet
If you're human and not a fan of the empire, then you're a second class citizen
So no, only if you were part of the empire's bureaucracy were you living the middle class life
4) The emperor was also the one that deliberately instigated the dorwning of an empire in red tape
5) There was no reduction in piracy or smuggling
6) Oh noes!!
7) No, Alderaan was a force choice. Remember sith lords can do shit too

The Jedi deserved to die of their own hubris, they put the will of the force below the will of the Senate for the sake of democracy, the Empire was the best solution to lowering the crime rates in the Galactic East.

Watch it mate it's funny shit

>1)?? How you figure?

We have one planet with cities.

The star wars galaxy has 50 million planets.

Scale.

>5) There was no reduction in piracy or smuggling

If you ignore disney canon then yes there was.

yes

Jedi defenders value autism over better lives.

>The economic well being and personal security for an average citizen in the galaxy became better after the Empire took over from the Republic
The average citizen hated the Empire. It would be like living under Obama except he would chop your head off if you said something negative about him.

>The average citizen hated the Empire. It would be like living under Obama except he would chop your head off if you said something negative about him.

You really believe the lies Rebel Media is telling you?