So what will Sup Forums halloween costume?

8 totally inappropriate Halloween costumes you should avoid this year

It’s (almost!) officially fall, which meansHalloween is right around the corner— and we couldn’t be more excited. It’s truly the most wonderful time of the year. Costumes, guilt-free candy, and parties — what could be better? Speaking of costumes, once upon a time, Halloween costumes were simple. Witches, nurses, zombie brides, vampires, and ghosts surfaced on All Hallow’s Eve as the most popular get-ups. But things have changed, and not in the best way.

These days, it seems many people have decided to use their costumes to make a bold statement. And unfortunately, more times than not, these statements are racist or anti-Semitic, like that time Julianne Hough went asOrange Is the New Black’s Crazy Eyes— blackface and all.

Fortunately, it’s still possible to find a great costume without offending anyone. Here are a couple you should definitely avoid this year — and every year.

1. Anything involving “black face”
We’ve said this before and we’ll say it again: Blackface isneverokay. So stick to keeping your skin its actual color. It’s ridiculously easy to dress up as your favorite celebrity without making a fool of yourself and offending an entire group of people. Blackface is degrading, demeaning, and just plain racist.

2. Racist stereotypes
Racist costumes don’t stop at blackface. We continue to see them year after year: the Native American costumes, the sexy Geishas, the drunk mariachi bands with giant, fake mustaches and ponchos — and they need to go away. We get that you might be trying to show your “appreciation” for other cultures, but what you’re doing instead is culturally appropriating — which is actually disrespectful because you continue to perpetuate tired racial stereotypes.

3. Transphobic costumes
As it is, the LGBTQ community is already marginalized, especially the trans community. There are endless jokes being made at the expense of trans people, and your “hilarious tranny granny” costume isn’t making things better. Transgender is not a costume. Stop it.

4. Victims of abuse and their abusers
We love couples costumes! Convincing your person to dress in matching outfits for Halloween might be the cutest thing, but you know when it isn’t cute? When you use Halloween to recreate someone’s most vulnerable and broken moment and turn it into a costume. Please don’t offend victims of abuse with your fake black eyes and busted lips; don’t attempt to downplay their pain by playing dress up.

5. Homeless people
Homelessness is a serious issue all over the world; people are struggling to find food to eat and a warm place to rest their heads. You might think you’re being funny with your cardboard signs, but pretending to be homeless as a joke is incredibly insensitive.

6. A national tragedy
Another note on couples costumes: Remember the couple that dressed up as the Twin Towers on a 9/11 anniversary? Yeah, you should avoid doing that.

7. Hitler/Nazis/KKK
Have you even seen the news lately? Just don’t do it!

8. Anything that requires a fat suit
Costumes thatrequire a fat suitto poke fun at someone’s body type aren’t funny, and are completely inappropriate.

Happy Halloween when it comes! Stay safe and be considerate when you’re picking out your swag.

this needs KANGZ version

>being a nigger or a Muslim is a stigma
at least they accept it
>injun on the warpath
but the white girl would technically be the target

That's a pretty fuckin good costume. It looks like a lot of work went into that - racist or not you have to respect the time put into that.

Why are they ashamed of their own culture? You can obviously see what those costumes represent

Kek

How come nobody gets offended when black people wear white people costumes?

I'm going blackface with maga hat in a pepper balls outfit.

for the record, no mexican here in mexico feels trully offended for this stereotype of the "mustach sombrero dirty man"

monica lewinsky taking a knee and blowing fake bill clinton

put a kaepernick shirt on monica

would be good imo

kek

So cavemen are of limits too? Ive never seen a black caveman and I dont have black friends but that is pretty funny.

Also a black rock climber, Ive never seen a black rock climber in all my life.

I want to be pinochet, but the hat is impossible to get.

Aussie post, best post.

>Chink holding picture of Japanese culture
Stop culturally appropriating shit that isn't yours, Shin Lu Chang

Look how much fun the girl on the left is having compared to the fat, boring bitch. One of these people has a problem, but it isn't the party-goer.

. Anything involving “black face”

it's going to be blackface NFL kneel themed costumes that go viral this Halloween. That whole kneel for the anthem vibe is uppity niggers messing around with the NFL and the USA USA USA side of sports.
It's also a very easy outfit to make and it's right along a theme that good old boys in the midwest will have no problem with at all. I expect a lot of group outfits of a walmart all red white blue stars stripes etc guy beating up a black faced football player. Calling it now..

Goddammit, what was that one sketch from All That with a kid in this kinda costume called Pizza Face, the main character was some Urkel-like black nerd I think, and they went to Ross Perot to get advice and hear about his four billion dollars? This image just triggered partial nostalgia, and it's gonna drive me nuts all day.

>but what you’re doing instead is culturally appropriating — which is actually disrespectful because you continue to perpetuate tired racial stereotypes.

The samurai, ninja and traditional Japanese style female adornment are part of the Japanese culture not stereotypes. It is actually appreciation and celebration.

Whats disrespectful about it? Also you are typing in English, are we supposed to feel disrespected? Sounds like a load of garbage that makes sense only the mind of the most fanatical asian tiger mum to get her kid to obey.

fucking lol

>are part of the Japanese culture not stereotypes

And (((who))) wants to destroy any sense of culture, tradition, and heritage to bring about world communism? (((Who))) owns the media?

I dated a girl from China (like barely spoke English, on a green card) many years ago and she went in one of those kung fu movie outfits to a Halloween party.

The only people "offended" are Jews because our bonds to our own people history and tradition is one of the biggest obstacles in the way of them enslaving us all in global communism.

Not posting the original

A shirt and pants staying in doors.

Halloween is for children.

Mine. I have to pay tribute to my neighbors

>world communism

"Communism for me ((((them)))), Capitalism for thy"

Culture tends to be celebratory as well as the arts. In a metropolis like sweatshop culture, music, arts, humanities etc perceived by them as distractions and "down time".

Celebrate and keep celebrating.

What a pretty french girl

Where can I get one of those Orthodox hats with the curls in front of the ears for Halloween?

Deus Vult you pagan swine!

I want a japanese gf

She's just jealous a hot white girl can be a better Indian. Waddles-with-buffalo just can't compete.