Truth on Tobacco — It's good for you!

Tobacco does not cause cancer and all claims that it does are based on faulty non-randomized
epidemiological studies that try to prove causation from (a methodologically wrong) correlation.

To this very day, scientists are unable to induce cancer in animals using tobacco smoke. If it caused cancer, surely experimental studies (hard science) would show the same results as the human epidemiological ones.
See for yourself.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9608635

Not only is tobacco harmless, it confers numerous health benefits—it is a cognitive enhancer (the most potent known), anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, life-extending and yes, anti-carcinogenic.
If you are in doubt, check the screencap. Shown are URLs to peer reviewed studies proving all of these claims.
The overwhelming majority of supercentarians (ie, those living in excess of 100 years) were smokers.
Smokers have longer telomeres and smoking itself is known to upregulate KLOTHO expression which is associated with longevity.

Other urls found in this thread:

wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-Whitby
wispofsmoke.net/goodforyou.html
academic.oup.com/jnci/article-abstract/109/12/djx075/3836090/Cigarette-Filter-Ventilation-and-its-Relationship
tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/11/suppl_1/i51
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001541/
cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/the-black-lung-lie/
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(06)00780-8/fulltext
news.stanford.edu/news/2001/july11/nicotine.html
legacy.library.ucsf.edu/tid/ros97e00
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, then the Jews realised the goyim are making money and improving health, thus forced the companies to add black tar and other toxic substances under the guise of "making it safer"
Fuck the Jews.

>if anything, the tobacco use bought your dad few extra years of life so you should be thankful
Kek

For the beginner, looking for arguments in layman's terms, I would wholeheartedly recommend the man that revealed the truth about tobacco to me, Dr. William Whitby.

William Whitby, M.D. shows that anti-tobacco "science" isn't science at all!

>The Smoking Scare Debunked
wispofsmoke.net/PDFs/Whitby.pdf

>Smoking is Good For You
scribd.com/document/44685607/Smoking-is-Good-for-You-William-T-Whitby

Another excellent resource:

Collection of studies showing the health benefits of smoking tobacco:
wispofsmoke.net/goodforyou.html

>be jew
>know that smoking is good
>don't want to make money so say its bad
>hehe this is the best plan i could come up whit
retarded merchant desu

>black tar
Tar is inherent component of tobacco and it is nearly harmless.
Tar is comprised of mostly small organic compounds that the body can readily break down. The lung evolved over hundreds of millions of years as an organ and mechanisms exist in it to filter out and handle particulate matter, especially if they are small, easily broken down organic compounds. Moreover the "tar" contains potent anti-oxidants like Coenzyme Q10.

In fact, the tar scare resulted in the widespread adoption of cigarette filters, which deposits fine strands of cellulose acetate fibers directly into the lung (which themselves are often in fire retardants), eventually resulting in an irreversible buildup which is the cause of COPD. Moreover, the filters also aerosolise the smoke (essentially allowing it to travel deeper into the lungs, not so dissimilar to the manner of nanoparticle toxicity).

academic.oup.com/jnci/article-abstract/109/12/djx075/3836090/Cigarette-Filter-Ventilation-and-its-Relationship

tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/11/suppl_1/i51

Contrary to Mad Men, Jews never held any dominance in the smoking industry.

what do the anti-smoking crowd stand to gain from their dishonesty? or are you claiming they are simply a coalition of fools?

It began as a moral crusade where people were trying to demonize it through dishonesty under the guise of science. The first "hard" study, did involve dogs, however, it was proved to be patently falsified, as admitted under oath by researchers involved.
After the anti-tobacco crusaders realized the hard science was not on their side, they switched to soft epidemiological studies, that intentionally would provide a result they were looking for.

The government gains control, a pretense for further taxation.
Moreover, the enhanced cognition yielded by tobacco use is despised by those with power.
Scientists gain funding.
Smoke-haters gain a world filled with less smoking.

Eventually, even well meaning scientists bought the lie, simply because of the "overwhelming" amount of evidence, without realizing that this mountain of evidence was all baseless and not predicated on any hard science (there is so much of it, they took for granted that there had to be something behind it), eventually carrying on the flawed non-randomized epidemiological work of their dishonest predecessors.
Also, their funding is largely dependent on vehement anti-smoking organizations like the American Lung Association, which will cease funding them generous grants if they provide epidemiological evidence to the contrary (as was the case with the Japanese Paradox).

You can run the experiment yourself. Measure your cardiovascular capacity and start smoking, all things being equal you shouldn't see any degradation... right....

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001541/
Right.

Did you even read what I said.

Run the experiment yourself, post results here.

I've got mild asthma (need to use ventolin when I get bad cold). Will there be negative effects if I try something like this?

>Falling for the tobacco jew
>Literally paying and getting addicted to cancer

I use snus just to be safe. And it doesn't make you smell like shit like cigs do.

>Jews never held any dominance in the smoking industry
Jews literally started the tobacco industry and have controlled it for hundreds of years.

>not taking advantage of nicotine to improve brain function
>willingly becoming more of a goyim

A VO2 max test?
Obviously it would be lower after smoking (low amounts of CO) and I never claimed that smoking before a race or a run was a good idea anywhere in this thread or that it would acutely increase performance in such a capacity.

I will admit I skimmed over your reply and just assumed you were inquiring about overall physiological performance impairment.

>fake history from a fictional TV show, Mad Men

Then why was I out of breath when walking after 10 years of smoking. According to your post I should have been a youthful exuberant chad, but I was a sweaty panting turd.

No, it's real history collected in Werner Sombart's book "Jews and Modern Capitalism." Jews owned all the tobacco plantations and controlled the Atlantic tobacco trade from the beginning.

Tobacco was historically used as a treatment for Asthma.
Interestingly, rates of Asthma have increased since the decline of tobacco. Some have theorized that second hand smoke exposure was beneficial to children of smokers and it granted hormetic immunomodulatory effects.

Whitby suggested in his other book that pipe was superior for asthmatics as they only inhaled when needed. If you are willing to try it, I would urge you to use dry, non-aromatic, tobaccos. Simple blends. Nothing flavored!

>be me
>smoke
>feel like shit after a few years of smoking
>quit
>feel better

fuck off faggots

smoked my first cigar at 8....smoked daily from 12 on....so ~25 years at this point....I can still hold my breath for 2 minutes, easily, and nearly 3 minutes after hyperventilating....but, I've never smoked heavier than 5-10 cigs a day...currently, I smoke 1 or 2 cigars a day....it really hasn't killed my lung function and if it was detrimental, I would have seen something after nearly 25 years of daily smoking....nope....

Jews were the only group rich enough to own slaves in significant numbers

That's extremely flawed if you consider that tobacco was a cash-crop that was grown by virtually every farmer in the South at one point and there were no dominant tobacco firms at the time (tobacconists were everywhere).
Also consider that that the major cigarette companies (RJR, Phillip Morris, British Tobacco, et cetera) had very little Jewish involvement.

You failed to provide insomuch as a quote or a screencap of the page. You are like a kid that writes a book citation and expects a professor will overlook it (a leftist professor will!).

What a stupid fucking thread. Smoking is bad. That being said, a bowl of pipe tobacco or a cigar is nice every once in a while

Tobacco isn't bad for you, it's the shit they grow it with, spray on it and add to it.

You smoked mass produced cheap filtered FSC poison cigarettes from Marlboro, of course you felt like shit. I already explained in great detail earlier in the thread that the filters cause most negative effects smokers experience. Moreover, mass produced cheap cigarettes barely contain any tobacco leaf anymore but instead reconstituted sheet and stem tobacco and other additives (even cardboard like material).
That's like drinking toilet water and then one day get so tired of it, that decide you would rather die and give up water entirely, not realizing that pristine spring water tastes nothing like the shit-laced water you had been drinking.

What a stupid 'fucking' comment. You provide no evidence at all and clearly didn't even bother examining the studies or arguments and just dismissed it entirely without a second thought.
You remind me of the people who say "are you seriously denying climate change?, the evidence is overwhelming".

Have you ever seen smoker lungs in autopsy?
That shit is disgusting and if you thing its healty ur an idiot.

Let's say you're right, OP and didn't cherry pick a lot of data.

What % of smokers smoke only tobacco? Most cigarettes contain a lot more than just tobacco.

>convincing yourself smoking is actually good for you

Kek

You clearly haven't. The smoker's lung is a myth

cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/the-black-lung-lie/

>That shit is disgusting and if you thing its healty ur an idiot.
You write, argue and spell like an idiot. This is something a child would write.

Holy shit, you're a fucking retard. The author states right in the abstract that he pulled research selectively in order to create the results he finds. He states that the point of his paper is to show how misleading a review can be if you fudge the numbers a bit.

This

Some guys wordpress is not a reliable or credited source. Try again.

Fuck the Jews? No thanks, I have standards in the bedroom.

Enslaving the goyim is the one thing more important than money.

Explain oral cancer from chew then

>its good for you, goy!
Sage.

>not paying an obscene amount of money a month to blacken your lungs on purpose
>thinking avoiding this is goyim-tier.

ITT: big tobacco shills

nice try kikes

The fact that everyone I've known that is a heavy smoker has gotten lung cancer or emphysema is clearly a (((coincidence))).

See the screencap in that same post, "try again".

DUDE

*purchases $35 pack of ciggies*
>heh jokes on you mr Jew

that is from sucking dicks not smoking

Explain why this thread wasn't deleted instantly?

An unsourced screencap with no context is not a reliable or credited source.

just buy illegal tobacco and roll your own

Conspiracy bullshit like this should go on /x/.

lol. no. where do you people come up with this shit?

t. stage 2 sarc patient former smoker

Confirmation bias. Also emphysema is caused by defective filters that cause an result in cellulose acetate fibers being deposited in the lung.
Smokers often get cancer, not because they smoke but because they STOP smoking. Tobacco inhibits various cancer growth factors. In an attempt to maintain homeostasis, the biological response to inhibition is upregulation. It is akin to taking the best medicine for stopping cancer for years on end and you suddenly quit.

As you can see, this phenomenon is well known to oncologists but only a few will ever admit it.
>Are lung cancers triggered by stopping smoking?
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(06)00780-8/fulltext

lads you're being trolled kek

>one study finds no correlation and gives several reasons why
>tons and tons of independent research shows the hazards of smoking
>health among non-smokers clearly better than the health of smokers
>having such an empty life you start don-quijoteing doctors on pol
>being this brainwashed by cigarette companies
>not using master race aryan product snus instead of cigarettes

Kek

Where from? I actually do smoke and would like to quit but if I could smoke straight tobacco occasionally I wouldn't feel so bad.

"Smoking is Good for You" by William Whitby, page 61.

chinks I hate them but find some Chinese grocery store that sells chop

(((tobacco)))
(((weed)))

Good goy!

The cancer link has always shaky, but what about COPD? This disease process effects smokers more than cancer does. Chronic emphysema and chronic bronchitis puts people on their knees. Not all COPD is caused from smoking, but a whole lot of it is.
I find all of this hard to believe when there's a direct link between COPD and smoking. It still seems to me that smoking isn't worth it.
t. Respiratory Therapist

"Proof" that chewing causes oral cancer is likewise based on flawed non-randomized epidemiological data.
This data omits an important variable, that is HPV induced oral cancer which has been shown to be the leading cause. With this important factor being omitted, this "proof" is worthless.

Smoking is one of the top things the government can blame all their fuck up on.

>spray dioxin on the USA night and day for 50 years
>oy vey goy it was the cigarettes that caused cancer and birth defects, you can trust us in your government.
>use nothing but asbestos for government buildings and schools
>second hand smoke gave you cancer goyim! Not exposure to the asbestos, dont sue the government!
>see this picture of black lung from mining coal?
>wrong, we say it is from smoking and avoid paying out any money

>tobacco
Enhances cognition and motivation
>weed
Makes you lazy and motivated. It really makes you think that weed is so widely promoted yet tobacco is so demonized.

This thread has been copypasta'ed a few times. The shills and their handlers think that because we disbelieve some consensus expert opinions, that we'll fall for any shoddily defended "red pill".

I meant to say:
>weed
>impairs cognition and makes you lazy

Aonis this the next FET troll science?

Don't smoke tobacco kids.

T. Smoker.

Link or it didn't happen

Start smoking goy! It's good for you!
As long as you never stop buying them :^)

COPD in smokers is the result of smoking filtered cigarettes over a very long period which deposits cellulose acetate fibers into the lung that cannot be broken down, inflaming and damaging tissue, eventually resulting in an irreversible buildup of these fibers culminating in COPD.

So which is dumber Sup Forums:

Smoking Conspiracy
Flat Earth
Chemtrails

You're a goddamn idiot.
>Improper correlation or extrapolation of data can result in dangerously flawed conclusions. The following paper seeks to illustrate this point, using existing research to argue the hypothesis that cigarette smoking enhances endurance performance and should be incorporated into high-level training programs.

>It really makes you think that weed is so widely promoted yet tobacco is so demonized.

Weed is only promoted by niggers and whites kissing up to niggers.

It costs less than 75 cents to roll per pack of roll your own cigarettes in the US.

maybe it should be chewed instead of smoked
>SHOWS BLACK TEETH

just trying to figure out what you mean. It cost $33AUD for a pack of 30's here. Are you talking per cigarette. That's tailors not roll your own

20 cigs in a pack...roll your own pack of 20 = 75 cents

The point was that there was some HARD evidence in there that alluded to the prospect of increased athletic performance which made theoretical sense.

Per pack of 20. It costs no more than $0.75 for a pack of 20 of RYO here. I assume you RYO in Australia? Look up US tobacco prices and see for yourself.

Commercial cigarettes cost roughly $9.00 USD a pack in my state for American Spirit unfiltered.

No.

Nicotine stimulates the formation of new capillaries the lung:

news.stanford.edu/news/2001/july11/nicotine.html

>news.stanford.edu/news/2001/july11/nicotine.html

>Finally, the researchers tested nicotine's effect on diseases such as lung cancer and atherosclerosis. They found after only a few days that lung cancer cells implanted under the skin or in the lung tissue of animals who drank nicotine-laced water grew much more quickly and were more densely packed with blood vessels than cancers in animals who were not exposed to nicotine. Mice bred to accumulate plaque in the linings of their arteries also suffered from nicotine exposure. The plaque blockages grew more quickly and were thicker in these mice than in the control animals.

>The acceleration of tumor and plaque growth raises a concern about the use of nicotine in patches or gum as an adjunct to smoking-cessation programs. However, Cooke pointed out that "it is critical for people to stop smoking because of the strong evidence that tobacco markedly increases your risk of heart attack, stroke, cancer and lung disease. Therefore, the benefits of nicotine patches and gums far outweigh the risks when the products are used as directed."

It's like your asking for evidence that the sky is blue. There is an absolute shitload of hard proof that smoking destroys health and kills people. Eat shit and die, fucking tobacco industry shill. Smoking killed my grandfather, and would have killed my own father had he not quit.

nah I pay for pre rolled because i am lazy. I still make enough to afford it

>using genetically altered breeds of mice intended for cancer research
Did you know eating a standard calorie diet will result in the same increased rates of apoptosis in these rodents?
Did you know exercise will do the same thing?
Does that mean these two things are bad for you or nicotine for that matter? Of course not.

>"increases your risk"
He is conceding that he is relying entirely on epidemiological data which I have already proven is completely unreliable.

So either the source shows that Nicotine is bad for you in normal dosage
OR
It isn't a reliable study and you should find another and not bother posting it, and the fact you did so puts your other information into question immediately.

Which is it?

>There is an absolute shitload of hard proof that smoking destroys health and kills people.
>not knowing what hard vs soft science even is and thinking I used it as a random adjective.

For starters, hard science refers to experimental studies where the study parameters are fully controlled.
Soft science in contrast refers to statistics and epidemiology. Worse, tobacco epidemiology studies are almost always non-randomized meaning the participants self select.

To date, there isn't a single shred of hard evidence showing that tobacco smoke itself can induce cancer.
So, it's the opposite. There isn't a shitload of hard science showing that smoking causes cancer. There isn't ANY proof aside from one rigged dog study in the 1960s that has since been invalidated. Subsequent experiments, such as the 1998 study in linked in the OP, failed to induce cancer via tobacco smoke inhalation.

>Smoking killed my grandfather, and would have killed my own father had he not quit.
Confirmation bias and "Post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy.

>So either the source shows that Nicotine is bad for you in normal dosage
It doesn't show that in the healthy group and to claim that is does is merely a poor hypothesis proposed by the authors of that paper.
The initial data contained within is correct (showing that nicotine increases capillary growth in health mice). You also conveniently chose to ignore that they implanted lung cancer cells to get the "bad results" you mention, and also used another group of genetically ill mice to get the plaque growth result. It isn't either or your proposition is wrong and simplistic.

>Senior industry officials from two consecutive CEOs of Philip Morris down were advised that Whitby was as “nutty as a fruit cake”.
Source: legacy.library.ucsf.edu/tid/ros97e00

When even big tobacco is calling the guy defending them a quack, there might be a problem.

My father died of lung cancer from smoking. Fuck off and kill yourself OP.

Even if it doesn't cause cancer it is still:

>Expensive
>Dirty
>Smelly

This poster is the same fucking dude every time who is just trying to make himself feel good about his disgusting addiction. If anyone ITT falls for this you deserve your fate.

I smoke cigarettes, natural American Spirits.

I vaped for five or six years, wasn't satisfying. Plus vaping means higher concentration, so the nicotine buzz stacked over vape sessions leading to anxiety and hair thinning.

Hair grew back when I switched back to cigs. I'm 24 so I figure I can quit whenever and the illnesses will be treated better/cured in my old age.

Studies found that smokers are more attractive to females, and I've noticed it. Girls assume I'm a "bad boy" just by seeing me light up a smoke (and I have tattoos.)

cool op, what brands would you recommend?