I've seen a lot of people taking issue with congressmen/congresswomen (or just people generally) having dual...

I've seen a lot of people taking issue with congressmen/congresswomen (or just people generally) having dual citizenship. I don't get the hoopla.

You can be 100% American AND a citizen of another country, it's just based off the rules. And if you break the law, America is always going to hold you accountable.

So what's the big deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkBIOh3Op5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jews stealing tech and trade secrets for israel.

>asking what's the deal on Sup Forums
It's ALWAYS the jews.

YOURE EITHER AN AMERICAN REPRESENTATIVE OR YER NOT FAGET

That's literally not how it works. Look at page 14 of your US Passport, the US recognizes that people are dual citizens.

correction: Page 7, section 14 (DUAL CITIZENS)

Im thinking about getting my Indian Citizenship even though I was born in NYC. I am elgible because of my parents. I am American first and foremost and will live by American values. I have been thinking of moving from NYC because of the cost of living, the kind of miserable people that inhabit NYC and the lack of natural beauty and population density and shitty gun laws. Thinking of Utah, Nevada (Not Las Vegas, Carson City Reno Suburbs because Mountains), and Oregon( Far away from Portland). Which would you pick?

You faggots will never know the joy of pulling a girl aside in a cafe while her boyfriend is next to her, seducing her with your eyes, a few words, and a hand on the thigh. Then verbally threatening to fuck her boyfriend raw dog when he turns and tries to stop you. Got her number and fucked her that night.

I've got dual US/UK but I can see the issue. Why would you want someone with dual citizenship to tell you what's best for you? Shouldn't that person renounce their citizenship when they're giving 100% of themselves to America?

>You can be 100% American AND a citizen of another country,

India doesn't permit true dual citizenship as their constitution forbids it. You can register for "Overseas Citizenship of India" but you don't get an Indian passport, you can't vote, you can't hold office, or be employed by the Indian government.

As far as moving, Oregon is pretty cool, and Utah is beautiful too (if you don't mind all the mormons).

Quick question what happens if you get convicted of a US felony? I can never enter UK from what Ive been told because of a Felony conviction for unlawfully transporting firearms across state lines. Is there a way ai can enter? I would love to see the UK

Are you grill?

no bitch, you can choose only one

I dont mind them one bit. I can basically move anywhere because I demographically stick out so much in my job field. Dietition 97% of them are female and 75% are white.

Generally a country has to admit you in if you are a citizen of that country. Which is why Americans with convictions of DUI are rejected from entering Canada, but dual citizens with American and Canadian citizenship are admissible (Canadian customs HAS to admit you).

Similarly a conviction outside the US for something that would be a serious felony here like drug related offenses is enough to get rejected for admission to the US - unless you happen to be a US citizen, in which case the US has to admit you into the country.

Burn in Hell, nation wrecking kike.

>13For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 14For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: 15Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: 16Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

OP Pic is from Google image search for dual citizenship, I am not a grill.

OP pic is from Google, I am not Jewish/I don't have Israeli citizenship. Only burger/leaf citizenship, although I'm thinking of going for Italian.

here
By the way, to respond to the other part of your question:
>Why would you want someone with dual citizenship to tell you what's best for you? Shouldn't that person renounce their citizenship when they're giving 100% of themselves to America?

Renouncing citizenship can be difficult, expensive, humiliating, or impossible depending on where you are born.

Example: Germany only permits dual citizenship for other EU countries and Switzerland. However, there are a shitload of exceptions.

>Some countries make it impossible to renounce citizenship (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica).
>other countries only allow renunciation in very limited circumstances (Dominican republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Uruguay)
>if the process is humiliating/difficult/expensive (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, USA)
>anyone outside of those nationalities can apply to the government for a waiver if it would cause extreme hardship

When you combine the fact that a lot of nationality laws grant automatic citizenship at birth, I don't really think it makes sense to force renunciations. Doing it to some countries and not others is basically favoring certain groups above others.

What is your field anyways? The only field with statistics like that (which I can think of readily) is kindergarten through third grade teaching.

I don't care anymore
politicians are all fag autists nigger kikes anyways

Dietition?

Wait, do you mean Dietitian as in an expert on diets?

I had no idea that field was so predominantly female.

in what fucking logic , special forces cant be dual citizenship yet their bosses the senators who do budgets , black ops committees and shieet they get to have dual citizernship?????? HANG THEM

Most public sector work at military contractors like Raytheon or Lockheed or firms that work with government requires US citizenship, and if it requires clearance then usually you have to express that you are willing to renounce non-US citizenships (whether or not the people processing your clearance make you do it is another story).

If you have two passports then it means you're not truly American since you still hold onto another identity. Immigrants used to move here, teach themselves English, and blend into society. Now you can be a "*-American" and proud of whatever shithole you came from. All kikes should be gassed, but the ones with dual citizenship should be gassed first.

Citizenship doesn't require you to live somewhere.

If you have a great-great grandparent who was born in Italy, moved to the US in the 1900s, and had a baby on American soil before they became an American citizen, the Italian government considers your great grandparents, grandparents, mother or father, and you as citizens (women could only pass on citizenship after 1948, men before that). You never have to have lived in Italy.

Just like I was born in the US and never lived in Canada, but since I'm the first generation born outside of Canada, I'm considered a citizen.

The only reason I have Canadian citizenship is so I can enter and work at any customer in Canada, and then bring the Canada bucks (my spending + income taxes) to the United States.

What happens when the nations you have citizenship with find themselves at odds with each other? Where does your loyalty go to?

Absolutely unacceptable.

If two nations go to war against each other, then at that point you definitely should have to decide your loyalties. If Canada and the US went to war (which there is basically no chance of happening) I would renounce my Canadian citizenship in a heartbeat.

If you have dual citizenship and get convicted of a US Felony the UK government won't help you but I'm pretty sure you wont lose your citizenship or anything. Like if you had a gun in the UK, you'd go to jail but it isn't like they'd deport you.

I can see your point, but I disagree with the concept that it's humiliating. Also, these people may simply not be able to run for office. This may sound unfair, but you've got to keep in mind that the office of the presidency must be held by a "Natural-born US citizen". I'm sure if the time ever comes a dual citizen is running for president any opponent could say that he shouldn't be able to have dual citizenship and the american people would likely sort it out themselves

Look up 18 U.S. Code § 2390 - Enlistment to serve against United States. That'd be the scenario of any country that has drafting. You'd be stripped of your US citizenship or accused of espionage or something. You couldn't serve in either military. You likely wouldn't lose citizenship though.

Remember that in world war 2, Japanese Americans were sent to internment camps but didn't lose their citizenship or anything. In today's climate, likely nothing would happen.

18 U.S.C. § 2390 applies to cases where you join a military that is fighting the United States. So if you joined the Iraqi military when we were at war with Iraq.

8 U.S. Code § 1481 holds the conditions which could result in a loss of US citizenship, which includes:
>Naturalization in another country (jus soli citizenship acquired at birth in a foreign country is fine, as is jus sanguinis citizenships passed down by blood)
>taking an oath or formal allegiance to a foreign country as an adult (18 or older)
>serving in the armed forces in another state if the foreign state is hostile
>serving in the armed forces as an officer (instead of a lower rank)
>working for a foreign government
>formally renouncing citizenship
>trying to commit treason

Getting proof of citizenships you acquired through descent (considered a citizen at birth) is not in itself an expatriating act. Nor is serving in mandatory military service of a country that you are a second citizen in, so long as you don't become an officer.

The interpretation of "natural born Citizen" is up for debate, nobody agrees on it. I think that political pressure from Citizens would effectively force any presidential candidate to give up non-US citizenships though. Worked on Ted Cruz.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. From that code though I'd stick by my statement that nothing would happen, just don't join either military and you're fine.

Are we on the doorstep to world war? North Korean Dual passport holders in government?

youtube.com/watch?v=UkBIOh3Op5I