Stella no Mahou thread

The key visual was just released and this is the anime art style, apparently.

I'll be honest, I liked cloba.U's style more, even though it's kinda rough and not very suitable for animation. But this is just a bit too generic moeblob.

Nevertheless, really looking forward to Fall because this manga is awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/長縄まりあ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Murakawa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ari_Ozawa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aoi_Yūki
atomicmonkey.jp/jp/archives/talent/maekawaryoko
dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/star_shooter_2015_april.php
dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/starchaser201404.php
n-linear.org/ayamemo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally marui hitoha in the bottom right

Yes, I know I'd never get this and that it's very much moeblob too, but at least it was in a distinct comfy widefaced style.

Ready for another Silver Link masterpiece.

>NNB and Tanaka-kun director

Fucking 10/10.

VA list is out as well.

本田 珠輝:長縄まりあ
村上 椎奈:村川梨衣
関 あやめ:小澤亜李
藤川 歌夜:悠木碧
布田 裕美音:前川涼子

>小澤亜李
>悠木碧
ABSOLUTELY GOLDEN

Oh shit they got the best invader as well.

Designs look jarring but I'll lay my opinion off on it until I see them animated.

Came here to post this.

>藤川 歌夜:悠木碧
Only one I recognize.
How did I become so pleb so fast.

Yeah, this looks pretty fucking shit, hope it'll be better in motion.

Typical zero budget low profile show that will get the usual Silver Link shit looking treatment.

It looks kinda bad but they didn't have much of a choice to be honest. The original style only looks "unique" because the artist is pretty shit at drawing and his art is too inconsistent to adapt properly.

Isn't Silver Link generally one of the better studios for this kind of stuff? I don't remember an outright shit-looking SoL from them, the ones I've seen were pretty darn well-animated.

No. They can't for their lives make a good looking show.
All they can do is pour all budget into action scenes, but their SoL parts look crap, take Illya stick bodies for example.

I trust the director to yet again produce another wonderful SoL.

Translation when?

He has no idea what he's talking about.
Silver Link is responsible for most of the best SoL lately, together with Dogakobo.

Never.

I've seen shows with worst character designs that have still been enjoyable as fuck. Consider it picked up, I guess.

>He has no idea what he's talking about.
>Silver Link is responsible for most of the best SoL lately, together with Dogakobo.
They look like shit though, is what I'm talking about.
And Dogakobo's look nice, but they are horrible as of late.

Tamaki Honda: Maria Naganawa (who?)
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/長縄まりあ
Shiina Murakami:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Murakawa
Ayano Seki:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ari_Ozawa
Kayo Fujikawa:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aoi_Yūki
Yumine Fuda: Ryouko Maekawa (who?)
atomicmonkey.jp/jp/archives/talent/maekawaryoko

>Maria Naganawa
Alien from Rokujouma. Oh and I guess a more recent role is the chuuni for Anitore.

>Ryouko Maekawa
Looks like her most prominent role is from the current Yu-gi-oh series.

>Yumine Fuda: Ryouko Maekawa (who?)
A literally who who had her only role as supporting character in "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda"

>Tamaki Honda: Maria Naganawa (who?)
Tulip from Invaders, plus some roles in shorts.

So how much is this actually about them making games? Because New Game is a thing as well next season.

This is cute girls doing cute things with games gimmick. New Game is a serious look at how videogame companies work and there is no fanservice, only realistic depiction of female working together.

About as much as how Sketchbook was about drawing.
As in, they do it all the time but it isn't the focus.

Hell yes for the chuuni.

>realistic

It's a video game making office ladies version of cute girls doing cute things

>how much is this actually about them making games?
0%

Nah

Hey Arnold potato heads

It reminds me of One Week Friends. Will the girls be as soft as they were there?

I considered translating some of the manga (although it has a few difficult parts) since I've read it anyway, but then the anime got announced.

Name: Honda Tamaki
Job: SNS-bu ("Dead fish eyes lack of sunlight shuttle run club", and you really don't want to know the alternate translation) Illustrator Lv.1
Equip: Sketchbook
Skill: Zeal lv.1, Report to papa Lv.14 (I honestly forgot what this was about), Manga for old men collector Lv.6

Name: Murakami Shiina
Job: SNS-bu Programmer Lv.2
Equip: Programming guidebook
Skill: Communication Lv.0 [* can't use], Dangerous juice detector Lv.7, Leadership Lv.2

Name: Seki Ayame
Job: SNS-bu Scenario Writer Lv.2
Equip: Netbook (UMPC?)
Skill: Doujin experience Lv.4, Kurorekishi (embarassing past) reveal Lv.10, Devoted to family Lv.4

Name: Fujikawa Kayo
Job: SNS-bu Composer Lv.2
Equip: Headphones
Skill: Music production Lv.6, Sound production Lv.6, Concentration Lv.8

Name: Fuda Yumine
Job: Fujoshi Lv.???
Equip: Yaoi goggles
Skill: Drawing Lv.5, Shipping Lv.???, Devoted to friends Lv.9

Actually, quite a lot of it. Not as much as Geijutsuka was about design - hard to top that, really - but they are making games and talking about making games most of the time. Also it's much more about games than New Game which is more about office life (and they're only illustrators, too, while SNS-bu is a complete doujin circle).

Expect explanations about visual novels, jokes about programming, lazy writers, more actual drawing than in Sketchbook, deadline frenzy and shitting on Internet Explorer among other things. It's fucking good, especially if you've been following any of the EVN/doujin gamedev projects and witnessed their hurdles. The author is also a Todai graduate I think - and it shows.

Oh and this part was just comedy gold, worth a VN of its own.

>quite a lot of it
Fucking nice. Definitely picking it up then.

Oh, don't forget the author also makes doujin games himself so he knows what he's doing.

dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/star_shooter_2015_april.php
dokidokivisual.com/magic_of_stella/starchaser201404.php

n-linear.org/ayamemo (I think he only did art for that but still)

That's not to mention his other manga works, a lot of which are hella yuri. Stella isn't though, it's full on hardcore gamedev.

T-they could've at least done something like this.

Or maybe this, sans the non-animatable patterns.

>Name: Fuda Yumine
>Job: Fujoshi Lv.???
Best girl

They haven't credited the character designer yet, have they?

Looks like the same guy they used for NNB. Yeah. It's definitely that one. I'm sure of it.

Silver Link literally can't draw characters differently. They really should've given this one to SHAFT.

Actually, character designer is the one who did Watamote.

Oh shit now that you say that, I can definitely see it. Bottom right girl just reminded me too much of Ren-chon's look.

They have decent in-house directors but damn their usual character designers are ass.

Looks like mitsudomoe

>decent in-house directors
>SL
Hah.

Is this the new Pleiades?

Why? I don't really see much of a connection.

So, New Game cast has Ai Kayano as a supporting character and a bunch of nobodies. Also the staff is pretty much nobodies

Stella no Mahou has Rie Murakawa and Aoi Yuki in the main cast and the staff is pretty experienced. Judging by the manga popularity you'd expect it to be the other way around.

Second season in a row when Silver Link and Dogakobo adapt pretty darn similar (last time by characters, this time by concept) SoL shows. I'm starting to think it's on purpose.

This is a fall season show, though.

The title suggest mahoushoujo anime.
And I see the characters bearing eerie similarity in appearance.
Tamaki = Subaru
Ayame = Aoi
Yumine = Itsuki
Ishina = Nanako
Kayo = Hikaru

Maybe I'm just headcanoning though.

lewd

They're just the bitch studios of Kirara is all. Though that being said, Sansha and Unhappy diverged from each other hard early on.

Oh right, silly me.

Eh, is the manga of this so lewd or that's just a doujin?

It's another manga by the same artist, stella isn't this lewd.

New Game has Youko Hikasa and Eri Kitamura also. The director did GJ-bu and Mikakunin. Their current show was the one comprised 100% by literally who.

Shame.
Comfy anime guaranteed though.

Doujin by the same author. Now that I've looked, some of his doujins are even on sadpanda.

Cloba/u/, it only makes sense.

Only after posting this I realized it's fanart of Recover the Restarts, an absolutely brutal, violent and bloody game about a couple of cute lolis...

Came here to post this too.

Now that I think about it, I never realized he liked games about suffering little girls this much

>長縄まりあ
She's getting more work. Alongside competent people even.

Rookies are all right when there's famous people with them.

>Kirara
>cute girls
>comedy
Count me in.

>but then the anime got announced.
Why does that stop you?

Not too many rookies get that chance, so I guess it's all good for her.

Why bother when literally nobody will read the manga anyway and almost all of the content will be available in the anime anyway. And it's pretty difficult to translate and the only reaction I'd get would be "only translating because of the anime hype". Just don't feel like it's worth the effort despite loving the manga a lot.

I really hope you'd reconsider after the anime has had its run. A lot of manga I'm (casually) following still gets translations done by guys who have so much love for the series even long after their respective adaptations end. You shouldn't worry about reactions either. That's focusing too much on all the wrong reasons to translate something.

>>Kirara
>>cute girls
>>comedy
So basically each season we will always get Kirara CGDCT show?

I wish they would expand a little more cause there are actually better manga in Kirara magazines than just CGDCT stuff.

I'm a bit of an attention whore, can't help it. Still, yeah, I know that feel, did complete a manga after a series ended and hell, right now I'm translating an obscure PSP spin-off cash-in of an anime that's 6 years old by now.

Anyway, you're right and I'll consider it once I'm done with other stuff that I've been delaying for a long time.

We had quite a few adaptations from Kirara Forward that were very different from the usual CGDCT fare, so there's that.

>comedy

But this is a series about suffering.

Stella has a lot of *words* so it's a pain to translate and typeset. That would be the main explanation why nobody has done it, I think. I'm sticking to manga with retard-level vocabulary for now.

I think it would do you good to wrap up your older stuff. That way you know your audience would just be the most loyal of fans.

As for Stella it remains to be seen how much love the anime would get from this side of the globe. Maybe we'd get enough translators that no one would have to worry.

>*words*

What does this mean? That the translated text would not fit the original space, or maybe the terms would be too technical, or have colloquial interpretations, or too many TL notes? I'm inclined to believe it's all of those things.

It's all of those things. In general, there's just too many words, it's not limited to retard-level vocabulary (Todai graduate author!) and some of the intermission pages are just full-on text. It really is a pain to translate.

>Maybe we'd get enough translators that no one would have to worry.

I sure hope so!

>Not as much as Geijutsuka was about design
I'm not expecting that much, but if it's even anywhere near the same league then my boner will be satisfied.

Good god GA was nice.

>Good god GA was nice.
And there's just a bit more of it coming, with the seventh volume translation soon, the artbook (maybe someone could scan the manga part of it? Don't wanna rip apart my copy) and the VN translation hopefully happening some time this year.

>if it's even anywhere near the same league
It's fairly close I'd say. You won't get detailed programming discussions or anything, we still need someone to write that manga, but it touches on all gamedev topics to an extent.

The anime could omit some of it, though...

You're terrible at telling character designers apart, huh?

NNB's is at Feel right now.

>You won't get detailed programming discussions or anything, we still need someone to write that manga, but it touches on all gamedev topics to an extent.
And that's all I need, really. Great CGDCT shows in my book are those who make use of their setting and apply it meaningfully within the interactions of characters, which sadly is often used only as a throwaway reason to put cute girls together.

>The anime could omit some of it, though...
I sure hope not. However, GA's adaptation was still great, even though the infopanels aren't in there. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

On a side note, where the flying fuck are the Kuro scans? Not even raws exist, holy shit.

>make use of their setting and apply it meaningfully within the interactions of characters, which sadly is often used only as a throwaway reason to put cute girls together.
Although it's more of an abstract premise compared the concrete technical aspects of shows that focus on an actual craft. I seem to have found Anne Happy's use of its simple 'finding happiness out of misfortune' gimmick yield an amazingly well-executed narrative through out the course of the show.

That being said, how strong is Kirara's stranglehold on the moe SoL spectrum anyway? Shit's absurd, especially since Kirarafest just ended earlier today,

I don't know how much, but it seems pretty fucking strong. There's like a whole lot of Kirara adaptations recently, and not necessarily on newer works either.

If they all can maintain a constant level of quality, I'm down with it though.

Silver Link's Tanaka-kun looks very nice.

Dogakobo's Sansha Sanyou doesn't even look nice, it's just very well animated. New Game! next season looks nice though.

I don't know why, but I've always been a bit lukewarm with New Game!'s author's works. Komorebi no Kuni for some reason also didn't really do much for me.

I don't know if it'll be good, but it looks pretty at least.

>how strong is Kirara's stranglehold on the moe SoL spectrum anyway
The closest competitor besides single titles here and there (e.g. NNB was from Comic Alive) is the new Comic Cune brand and unfortunately you can see its general quality with Pan de Peace.

>On a side note, where the flying fuck are the Kuro scans? Not even raws exist, holy shit.
I'll buy the paperbacks for myself and digitals for raws one of these days, but buying Kindle edition on amazon and ripping it with Calibre using a plugin shouldn't be too difficult if anybody wants to do it.

>I don't know why, but I've always been a bit lukewarm with New Game!'s author's works. Komorebi no Kuni for some reason also didn't really do much for me.
>I don't know if it'll be good, but it looks pretty at least.
Well, New Game! is a typical overhyped series that many people relate to simply because it's about workforce rather than school and because the art really is nice. It's still a good manga overall, just not groundbreaking and not as terribly funny as you'd think. I think Dogakobo will probably make it much funnier than it is if the direction is good.