Coding for Everyone

theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/21/coding-education-teaching-silicon-valley-wages

wtf i hate programming now

what did you think faggot, that IT will always be high paying job? Who's gonna fund this?
I remember 20 years ago you could make a fortune for knowing how to configure computer, or some other shit that now every kid can do without even thinking.
IT will be just another "burger flipping" lowest wage job in the next 20 years

Programming is now pure slavey.
>He doesnt know the latest framework
>He is not a full stack guy that codes it all by himself
>He doesnt know all of the languages
>He doesnt help the female programmer of the group
Seriously fuck programming

If you aren't low I you actually enslave your employer.

If I were to leave work today and turn off my phone it would crash the business I work for with 100% certainty in less than 48hrs.

>tfw comfy ASIC Design Engineer with Automation MSc

Normie "webdevs" are doomed.

Plenty of other options to continue in tech apart from coding, e.g. ITIL, IT policy/governance, deep domain knowledge - the kind of things that are not obvious to your average Pajeet.

Just need to retrain.

High level programming is shit anyway. Let them have their codemonkeys.

That's why you should go for ECE, you can still do all the same computer stuff but when that field gets saturated you're already qualified for EE, which hasn't been culturally enriched yet.

Libtards can't code. They aren't smart enough. All they can do it copy/paste modules and they even suck at that.

>boo hoo I want everything to stagnate so that I can perpetually be at the top without actually progressing in my field myself.

Javascript was a mistake.

>tfw double major in both CS and Physics so even if one job market goes to shit, I still have another one to fall back on

What's your excuse Sup Forums?

add
>He doesn’t train pajeet H1B how to do shit he should already know
How times have changed

wtf I love nu-males Guardian writers now.

>The rationale for this rapid curricular renovation is economic. Teaching kids how to code will help them land good jobs, the argument goes. In an era of flat and falling incomes, programming provides a new path to the middle class – a skill so widely demanded that anyone who acquires it can command a livable, even lucrative, wage.

Do these people have no idea how a capitalistic economy works?
The only reason coding even pays as much as it does is because it was a rare skill back when computers first became available to the public.
If you flood the workforce, it'll become saturated and pay far, far less since employers get an entire plantation of workers to choose from depending on their wages.
If it continues what will happen and coding will be a minimum wage job for the unskilled.

>He doesnt stay late because some boomer changed his mind at the last minute
>"I have an iPhone, I know mobile"
Pls kill me

>pajeet still fails after telling him exactly how to do it

Physics is a meme without an M.S./Ph.D.

Alright lets just make this clear, anyone complaining "ITS TO CUT MUH WAGES." Is full of shit and a terrible developer because they are worried some kid with no "degree" or "certification" is going to take der jeb.

I would love if every kid in the world was taught to program, for real it really changes how you think and the thought process you put behind everything. My world view has changed significantly after learning to program, I have tried to explain it to people many many times. The only people who can understand it are people who also know how to program.

>Modern programming
>Certifications
Hahahahahaha

Time to join the security industry then, all these kids are going to be pushing shitty code to prod, gonna be a field day in 10 years from now.

You must be kidding because I have worked with more than my fair share that does not even understand tha basics of a flowchart. Mention raptor, etc... to them and they are lost. These are people that just memorized or cheated their way through courses and received a paper mill degree. Only good programmers are the ones that start because they had a genuine interests. Thought processes of the far majority will not change when they only memorize what is necessary to scrape by and land a job subjugating others to pick up the slack. That results in the shit we have today. HR cannot fire them for fear of litigation and good programmers are stuck working side-by-side with useless headcount hires.

this

microsoft is developing a coding AI anyway

>Mention raptor, etc... to them

>shitty flowchart software

Fucking kek where'd you get your degree? DeVry?

Dammit stop pushing down tech wages you fuckers. Your only flooding the market with shit programmers and making it cost more in the long run. Stupid fucks