Why didn't he kill him

why didn't he kill him
it doesn't make sense

He did not need to. It was obvious that Waver was unfit to continue fighting in the war. And a bit of arrogance and respect. The first because he is fucking Gil, the latter is because the boy proved himself to be a true and proud servant of Rider.

I thought these were pretty obvious though.

Because at this point, Waver is neither a master nor traitor.
He literally spells it out for you.

because waver is a huge faggot so gilgamesh took pity

The novel makes it clear that he would have if Waver had broken eye contact, but he stood by Rider and Gil respected that.

Because he was a better character in zero, then he was in stay night.

Garbage writing.

fucking slut

Bait

There wasn't any point for the whole discussion before the fight then. Waver didn't waver. Thats why he's best girl.

Same reason why Gil didn't wiped out everyone on the first night.

No.

sakura did nothing wrong

a man literally died for her
but she never gave a single fuck

So much this. Fucking Kariya suffered so much just to get the cold shoulder from Sakura. The fuck?

>look at me, I'm a retarded secondary!

Not really. Most of the FSN characters were disrespectful cunts, even to their own allies. Gil respects people who know their place in the presence of a king, even if that king is not himself. The whimsical way Shirou treated Saber probably grated on his nerves from the very beginning.

Kariya was a scheming cuck. Sakura isn't blind, and Zouken probably told her about his obsession with her mother.

>Zouken probably told her about his obsession with her mother.
worst slut in anime history

sakura did only her duty user. kariya was stupidly in over his head

>never gave a single fuck
She was chained to the bottom of the worm pit and could only watch as he fell to his death, and was traumatized into believing it was Zouken's way of showing what would happen if she ever tried to get help. Did you even read it?

Because his loyality was splendid. He also wasn't tainted by Grail Aids at that point.

>"it doesn't make sense"
OP is a fucking mongrel.

Would you serve gilgamesh pre-grailaids?

>why didn't he kill him

Gilgamesh has too much pride and muh noblesse to simply kill a weak peasant outright. Instead, he presents Waver with a logical fork:

Your king was defeated by me. Aren't you going to avenge him?
1) Yes, in which case Gilgamesh kills him and tells Waver to be grateful that he killed him personally by his own hand.
2) No, in which case Gilgamesh kills him for his cowardice and disloyalty towards his fallen king.

Waver gave the ONLY answer that would allow him to survive.

If you look at the story of Gilgamesh, Waver reminds him of himself with his friend Enkidu. He respects Waver in this sense because much like how Gil wished to honor Enkidu's ideals and the friendship they had, so too did Waver and Alexander's ideals.

I don't know if they intended on that connection to the epic, but it's how I made sense of it.

because like rider, gil enjoys boipussi and their relationship reminded him of enkidu

Plot armor.

If Gil killed him, it would be a time paradox.

He realized Big Ben London Star was best boy. Besides, no Waver means no Flatt.

They need a overseer to tell a tale, thus making it a legend over time.

but waver didn't exist before fate zero was written

Indeed. She deserved to die.

Here's a question to all fatefags. Should "Sequel" event from FHA be considered canon? Because if Lancer is alive then everyone else should be as well, and that raises a lot of questions.

F/HA takes place in an alternate artificial world crafted by Angra Mainyu to give Bazett and himself a peaceful, dreaming death. Any details about the setting therein are canon, but none of the events are "real" except the epilogue.

>640x360
plebs not welcome

Because nobody in Fate has ever made a good decision.

Kariya died for her mum.

He never got over getting cucked, and every action he made was coloured by his seething jealousy for Tokiomi.

Because plot demanded so.

>implying

Kariya died for that sweet MILF pussy user, Sakura was just a means to that end

I miss Fate/Zero threads so much.

But Gilgamesh is still acts like a huge dick.

This. Gil isn't a kind guy in any sense of the word but he respected Rider's pride as a king and Waver's answer amused him. Also helps that by spreading Alexander's legend Waver would also talk about his brave last charge against the magnificent Gilgamesh.

Because he is a faggot. Iskander is gay too, but Gil is like original faggot.