Zankyou no Terror: What went ever so wrong?

>Heard OST
>Watched the anime
>It's fucking terrible

Skipped out on Sup Forums threads when this shit was airing, just watched it today and it's unbelievable terrible, how where the threads though?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IVT3a3AAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone post that webm of them dancing on YouTube

Your pointless repetitions make me really irritated. How difficult is it to say what you mean to say and then to just stop?

>What went ever so wrong?
its a watanabe series but it doesn't properly follow the watanabe formula

same reason michiko and hatchin (which he only produced, yes but it was done by his protoge) is kinda underwhelming, it doesn't completely follow the formula

Garbage that looks nice.

Threads basically acknowledged the same thing.

this isn't the good version, but whatever

Threads started optimistic and settled on the show being shit soon enough, with everyone agreeing by episode 5 that it's a trainwreck.

Pic related was a mistake.

Does anyone remember the
>This server is pretty secure
>It wouldnt be so secure if it hadn't been hacked before xdd
>finds backdoor.php left by previous haxors
Flawless logic

I still have that executable somewhere that was on the site they hacked. Forgot what it printed.

Something like fuck police. Also if I remember correctly it was a 404 backdoor, elite as fuck

I enjoyed, I saw it as enjoyable anime that didnt claim to be some deep eva style fore runner in the industry, and it wasn't a pandering type deal it was just good, not great or revolutionary but it head its points

Did America right tough.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IVT3a3AAc

I pointed this out and nobody cared

Shut up, nerd.

Same. It's a shame when simply not pandering is cause alone to distinguish an anime from the rest but hey at least Zankyou tried. Better than I can say for the garbage LN harem adaptations that are cranked out season after season.

This gif has become only thing I can ever think of when i see znt mentioned

>simply not pandering is cause alone to distinguish an anime from the rest

>Amazing visuals
>Amazing music
>Amazing Director
>Amazingly directed scenes every episode
>Interesting idea
>Promising studio
>Fucking godawful writing and shit characters

Were the writers retarded? I don't understand what happened.

I do appreciate being taken out of context, but I still stand by that statement. It didn't pander, but it didn't really accomplish much despite trying to do something out of the ordinary. So at the end of the day that's really all that can be said. It didn't pander. And it's a damn shame that that alone is enough to make it stand above anything.

rondon bridge is farring down

Entertainment media is supposed to pander.
It's like you are saying "at least this slice of bread has no spread on it".
Not pandering makes your anime boring, and for an anime means that it's bad.

What you meant by pandering is sexual fanservice. That actually does make sense, but it's a dumb statement to make of anime. If you don't like sexualization of the characters, then anime is not your medium. To stick to the metaphor of bread, it's like going to a hamburger restaurant and complaining that most hamburgers contain meat. Sure, there'll be the veggie burger for you to order. But that's really not what the whole thing is about.

I think your use of the word pander and mine are a quite different.
To me, pandering occurs in media when it indulges the audience in a fashion that diminishes quality. The deterioration of quality part is just part of the typical connotation of the word pander, in this context. This is how I think of the word 'pander.'

Entertainment media is not supposed to 'pander' perse as much as it is supposed to try to appeal to the viewers. Not keeping your end audience in mind can (and often times does) guarantee a poor narrative, unless you are a literary genius.

Drawn media possesses no more proclivity to showing floppy tits and accidental boob grabs than written media (ie books). It just so happens that the audiences that tend to enjoy each of those two mediums have certain tastes, therefore one medium shows more boob grabs than the other.

I don't think using my disappointment in this trend in order to rationalize my limited enjoyment of a largely botched show is a dumb statement to make.

You didn't like it?
YER KIDIN!

>one medium shows more boob grabs than the other.
Yes. My point.
>my disappointment in this trend
Means that you are knowingly watching a medium that has high rate of boob grabs, and yet want to watch less of those. It's not a dumb statement. It's evidence of bad sense of directions. You don't go into the hamburger restaurant if you are interested in vegetarian cuisine.

Anime is what it is because there is a market for it, and there is a market for it partially because other people have failed to find what anime has to offer outside of anime.

I'm not sure I see your point. I never said anything prescriptive like "I should be the target viewer" or "Anime should produce something different." I am well aware that I am not the end viewer for much of the anime industry, but that does not make me any less disappointed in where it is going.
The issue with your analogy is that it is blind to any question of "how much." It is entirely black and white. Anime has always had floppy boobs. It has not always had this many though.

Your last statement doesn't make sense and I really don't feel like interpreting it.