Post your favorite art style

Post your favorite art style

What's this from? None of the reverse image searches are giving me any results.

It's Devilman

My nigga

Not sure if I can pick one favorite. Here's definitely one of the top ones

hell yeah

best

>saving thumbnails

It doesn't look like the original Devilman.

Araki's artstyle peaked mid to late part 4, and got worse and worse into 6 and beginning of 7. Later 7's art was good, and 8 has been fine, but it's never reached part 4's level

mid to late part 4 is great, but honestly most of part 7 is his highest quality of art, some panels are amazing like pic related. jojolion is pretty great as well.

A lot of the early part 7 art reminded me too much of 6's art(which I really didn't like). I don't disagree with you though. 7 had some great art. I guess it just boils down to preference

Blame! has the best artstyle

always loved Nausicaa's art

I absolutely love the way Robin's hair is drawn in this page.

I always appreciated the attention to anatomical detail.

Story was just okay, what really kept me reading this was the artstyle.

I don't know why, but the way Akira draws his characters has always been really appealing to me. There are other more notable artists who's style I also like, but his has left the strongest impression on me, probably due to how well it went with the tone of Medaka Box.

This.

Unpopular opinion: I think manga by Oku and Asano have fantastic art styles. Not because of the way they draw characters, but because of their backgrounds. I obviously realise that neither draw their backgrounds/environments from scratch, but it gives their manga such distinct and strong, ineffable (for me) atmospheres.

Woah you can totally see her pussy!

Devilman G, iirc.

>flipped

Also.

Shame about that.
Art was great up until about halfway through Zott.

I wish there was 100 muratas to draw every single series

Always.

And Forever.

Some people think that every series being drawn in generic anime style would be absolutely terrible and only a mouthbreathing retard would suggest it.

What? You saying Murata has a generic manga style?

>tfw the entire magazine goes under

Does Abe have anything currently being translated?

It's not completely generic, but it's certainly quite "mainstream" design wise.

Compared to pretty much all the other greats in the industry, his art can appear a bit normal. There's a reason he can duplicate other Jump art so easily.

I want to pick something more pretentious, but I've literally read everything she's done, and I don't even like romance.

I liked it until like volume 3 or 4 of Last Order.

I like the way Rensuke Oshikiri draws children. They look like real delinquents.

Don't see this one posted very often.

The Kazz.

Kenichi Yoshida's my current favorite.
I just love how playful his style feels and how he uses character designs to convey aspects of a character.

Tsutomu Nihei and Akiman are in a close second though.

This one's pretty great.

It might be simple but it's really charming

I miss the series. Turned into shit at Goddess arc though.

Takatou Rui I think

Stylistically pleasing and clean.

And the story wasn't half bad until we got to birdtits, either.

I love how Sonoda still draws cute girls like its the 80's.
He's also great at drawing nicely flowing action sequences.

>Turned into shit at Goddess arc though.

It became pure, unfiltered shit at the Goddess arc because the stakes became too high to pull out, change direction or ignore. TWOK was at its best when there were new girls and Keima had to conquer them, so of course it went entirely awry when the goal became to have a constant need for daily interaction.

Too many characters, too little time, too much riding on them. The Goddesses should have remained a back ground side story.

This or dowman sayman.

Aparently someone finally picked up the final volume to translate, also after getting the beatdown of a lifetime hero manchild died

why is atsushi kaneko so stupidly underrated in USA?

i just want to read SOIL ;_;

Something's usually reall off about his faces, but Boichi is a fucking spectacular artist 95 times out of 100.

sorry for the mangahere image, I couldn't be assed to get a watermarkless scan

Jiro Matsumoto

This is from Devilman G right? I wonder if it ver got scanlated. Or if it ended yet.

Fuck man, between this and Shin Mazinger ZERO theres absolutely no love for Nagai reboot manga here. I feel like I'm alone.

Like, the first volume's got good scans, after that nothing.

And it's been over, but it's got some pretty nuts stuff.

Yeah this is pretty wild isn't it. And its just the first chapter.

No, I mean shit like the witch girl becoming a Devilman hosting two different demons at the same time

God I loved Medaka Box's art style.

Ken gets shit on for using CG, but sometimes he really knocks his panels out of the park.

motherfucker gave me nightmares

Translations when?

>Giorno and Jolyne
Uhh, that's technically her great-great-great-great uncle?

>Nakayama Atsushi
>He's currently working on a new series right now
My Nigga

Art by Kenichi Yoshida (also known as Gallo44).
He was the character designer for E7 and G-reco.
I also enjoy Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's art, but he is mostly Eva, so he gets boring from time to time.

here

Mah man

I like Ishikawa's more than Nagai's

and i'm not even that much into the more realistic artstyles

Keyman is the kind of series I'd love to see in motion, but I know that there isn't a studio out right now that could do it justice.

Shinobu Ohtaka's art in Magi. It's so simplistic yet can be beautifully detailed at the same time.

This is a cool thread. Wish more people would put the source of their images though.

Meh. Very, very little shading at all.