Does anyone know where the the idea with a girl running with a piece of toast in her mouth while being late for school...

Does anyone know where the the idea with a girl running with a piece of toast in her mouth while being late for school originated from?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3nhm6t/the_secret_origins_of_girls_running_with_a_slice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Asian girls do this irl

A girl running with a piece of toast in her mouth while being late for school.

Tsuraize! Boku-chan, a manga.

sauce?

No, usually jam.

Just go to Japan and wait five minutes before school starts. You'll see them in packs

that's from 1975 right?
that is some 41 year old toast

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3nhm6t/the_secret_origins_of_girls_running_with_a_slice/

>lel reddit link

Kill yourself

One of my former classmates was half Japanese/half Korean and chronically late for our 9AM course. I'd see her running in frantically at 9:05 with toast, bagels, waffles, etc in her mouth so often it feels weird trying to imagine her without something crammed into her face

That's false, she just run, she didn't have a piece of toast.

>it feels weird trying to imagine her without something crammed into her face
oh you

(^:

trust me Im an asian loli

woah im an asian loli too

wanna be each other's waifus

Project A-KO

thumb nail looked like a comical screaming with an animation error

HAHA SMART ARSE OVER HERE

I don't know but I'm 99.9% sure it came from Lucky Star. Most of the shitty cliches and cancer consuming anime came originally from Lucky Star.

You know how Sup Forums argues whether Eva or K-On! is the peak of anime? Anno being the visionary he is, saw into the future and saw Yui running with toast and it gave him the inspiration to make Rei do it. Whoever made K-On! then watched Eva and saw Rei doing it, which inspired them to make Yui do it. It's a time paradox, created by the Master's mysterious, magical ways.

I thought it was some of bondage.

You're kind of a baka

Nobitakun does it all the time in doraemon so this meme is old.

Shakespeare, in the original Klingon.

Why'd you have to hurt me

There's actually a pretty interesting history to toast in Japan.

During the American occupation of Japan after WWII, white bread was promoted as a cheap way to feed the country and encourage western values. The Japanese still eat significant amounts of shokupan ('eating bread', sasuga Japs) but not much in the way of artisan bread.
Housewives liked it because it was easier to prepare than the traditional Japanese breakfast, but for plenty of Showa-era men it had the stigma of being a western imposition. Nowadays everyone eats it, (especially people from Kyoto, apparently) but it's still seen as the absolute quickest thing you could make for breakfast. It's probably not a coincidence that the trope is usually seen with a female character, perhaps suggesting that she's comically unable to manage a household.

Wrong way, brother.

I, a girl, do this irl

It symbolizes a slice of life.

Fucking gook monkeys island rats churning through rice to shit it out on the streets god fucking damn.
We should've burned down every fucking last one of their shitty rice paddies and planted a bunch of wheat fields there and taught the uncivilized slanty-eyed backstabbed what a real food tastes like
fucking burn down all their shitty wooden huts and pink fag trees too, build good european stone'n'steel cities and plant a bunch of oaks and yews there instead.

I mean I am a dude, sometimes you need to hold something with your mouth while your hands are busy. Not strange in the least.

You ok user?

I'm just sayin', we occupied their tropical shithole islands for nearly a decade, could've at least civilized the curry niggers

It actually originated from me but back then it wasn't toast nor a young girl. It was your mom bobbing her head back and forth while she had my dick in her mouth.

Kek

Can you imagine?

end your life

Next time just say "le upvoted!"

You seem upset

please be in london

g i r l
i
r
l

it's common in other parts of the world as well

>asuka if she was 400% more german

>143353955
this is

the

funniest thing i have ever seen

>>>/reddit/

Reddit... Why?

see

It was a post-war phenomen, user.

Wikishittia will tell you that the first written occurence of "toast" was in 1430, and that the word had the same meaning then as it does now. The point is toast has been around for a long fucking time, and back then it had connotations like sex, and flavoring for alcohol. Who the fuck knows if some drunk underage french girl ran late to school with a "drink flavorer" in her cumhole, whatever, french people are ugly and not japanese girls.

Bread wasn't widely distributed in japan before after the second world war. It was a symbol of the american occupation and everyone hated it because it was mass-produced shit with shit milk to go with it, hiroshima rice farmers etc. and people wanted rice too, because fuck you, rice.

So that takes us from 1430 -> 1945+. In the post-war growth of glorious nippon, women got more rights, which meant they weren't beaten to death if they were late to school, and this increases the probability of some girl running late with mass-produced toast, because she can afford to. So probably 1954+, which happens to be the time manga started seeing real popularity.

All it would take then is a pedophile mangaka Miyazaki, please take a seat scouting schools for material to his next "art endeavour" which happens to see a girl running late with toast, falling over, showing her panties, and predict the coming of Sup Forums. It most likely originated from real life, or a delusions of a pedophile.

Wuz ahe a qt?

U fukin cheey 1, m8

How is this related to reddit?

Gold star post user

it is not required to prove something is related to reddit, only to prove that it is not.

>

10/10

10/10 post user

here's a harder question: has Sup Forums existed since long before Sup Forums was created?

Drink a beach

Its not its just a meme 16 year olds use when someones joke is not a meme

10/10

This was me most of time in secondary school, except i'm a dude and was on a bike.

10/10

well it's literally a tumblr post, so if anything I expected people to get mad about that

what's the source on that image? reverse image search got me nowhere

Why'd you have to make me cry

Do you ever feel that all of these anime tropes are leading somewhere? That they are preparing you for some kind of grand destiny? My animes have been preparing me for the day where I am just a regular guy and a girl falls out of the sky carrying a toaster in her mouth. The day anime is no more I will become a regular guy and I will be prepared.