Shingeki no Kyojin

Isayama: Tankobon Volume 20 will be released on August 9th, and it will approach the climax of the story. So everyone: please keep reading until the epilogue.
Horiguchi: So we will know the truth behind SnK’s world? I really want to know the answer. (Laughs)
Isayama: Since I don’t want to expand the story any further than my current plan, I will hurry up and reveal the answer soon!
Horiguchi: No no no, wait a second, I didn’t mean to push you. (Laughs) I still want to enjoy the manga for a while longer. That being said, my own wish is that there can be a happy ending where people can live freely with no walls. To me a sad and dark ending is, well…
Isayama: Until recently, I used to fully take the stance of creating a dark ending. Before, I wished I could shock those who have been following the manga. And all I thought about was to somehow betray the readers who are enthusiastic about the work. But now, as I am turning a little bit older, my mindset has shifted. I am still not sure how the manga will eventually turn out.

“What decisions will Eren and his friends make?” We are looking forward to figuring it out along with Isayama-san’s changes.

Isayama: Even though I’ve already designed the upcoming plot, I will still keep all possibilities open and see how the characters react by themselves when I draw the draft organically. That means nothing has been settled down yet.

Source: fuku-shuu.tumblr.com

You should understand my fellows, that a happy or sad ending does not make a story good. If you think characters must die to make a story interesting, you do not know how to read.

I want Bert to be redeemed.

Hisu a best.

>Even though I’ve already designed the upcoming plot, I will still keep all possibilities open and see how the characters react by themselves when I draw the draft organically. That means nothing has been settled down yet.
I really like when authors let the characters influence the story than the other way around.

>I’ve already designed the upcoming plot
>nothing has been settled down yet
Decide yourself m8.

It is most likely how the plot influences the decisions of the characters.

Marcel deserved to live. Ymir will pay for her horrific crime.

What a cute picture!

Why do Marcofujos and Bertfujos love shipping so much? There isn't a ship they won't spam.

To be fair, she was going after reiner at first

It makes them feel like they are gud characters even if they are objectively boring. The Hoobarsisters are most guilty of these cravings.

>Before, I wished I could shock those who have been following the manga.
I really hope so. I will respect you if you prove this true.

I'm glad he finally has his endgame in sight, I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!
Saying, "I don’t want to expand the story any further than my current plan" is a good thing. Sometimes, when a writer tries to overextend their reach, the entire experience suffers because of it.
As for a dark/happy ending, I will be content with either as long as the execution is good.

I'm so excited!

>Hoobarsisters
Kek. Is this the new "Berti" nickname?

>he finally has his endgame
He aways had his endgame, the older editor-kun wouldn't let him start without it.

In earlier interviews, he mentioned that he never knew what he was going to write next and that he regretted never furthering the training of the cadets. His endgame was never really established, he just wanted to add more.

But now, I'm just glad he has came out and said it!
I wonder how many volumes it will take for him to satisfactorily wrap things up.

Okay but why the irrelevant pictures?

Glad you liked it Mrs. Smith.

I'm just having a nice day is all. That, and their cute. Sorry.

Thank you. They all look so happy. Even Levi is smiling inside.

Do you have more pictures of Erwin smiling?

Wait. Does this mean the manga as a whole is ending August 9th, or just this ark? I feel like there are a few too many loose ends that still need tying up.

No. The revelation is coming, the basement is close. That's what he is talking about.

list your favourite shingeki's aside from wong, Mrs mongwong

We have another volume or two in this arc.

Levi, Armin, Hanji, Jean, Annie, Sasha and Mike. This is in no particular order, though I think you know who my favourite shingeki is!

>Armin
The only reason you haven't climbed my ladder of loathing is that you have Mike on the list.

Crybaby.

Fuck Armin.

Drinking Shingeki's are cool

Yeah, I love drinking shingekis. In a roleplay I'm doing my partner and I are about to write a drinking scene with all the characters. Should be pretty fun.

I have one to share!

But I'm told smaller people can't handle their drink..

Ricofag pls, we know you're the first poster you quoted too. Don't be ashamed of your good taste hate for Armin.

Rico gets rowdy after one pint and the lads love it.

Cute picture though!

Social shingeki's are good too!

Sure.

I love casual/social shingekis!

It's tea that Levi drinks, right?
He seems like a coffee person to me.

There's certainly a lot of interesting facial expressions in that picture.
Though I do love the reference to OVA:2!

Ymir and Historia are being lewd..

AA. I lost my respect on you. Fucking disgusting.

People of the Walls do not know what coffee is. Levi likes red tea.

>having respect for a namefag roleplayer
user..

Ymir and Historia are the type who would not even bother to leave the room to be lewd!

Ha, it's not as though many people respect me on here anyway. I like Armin and Annie anyway. I think it's sweet. Maybe it's my love of blondes.

We can talk about the basement. Do you think there's an understandable reason for Zeke to want to exterminate people besides probably, revenge?

I do not hate anybody my user.

They don't? This is news to me!
Could it be that they just don't have access to the beans, or would it be a climate thing?
Red tea is nice enough, in my opinion.

That's not okay! Lewd activities should be conducted in private, behind locked doors!

I imagine there will be a reason, but what it is, I couldn't begin to imagine. Although, he does seem to be a bit, "unstable"

I don't think you could consider sweet a person who likes to smash girls against a tree (when they were already retreating) and who likes to play yo-yo with random soldiers.

They need to be told Rico! It is not how ladies behave!

I suppose. They are an attractive couple though. Would make cute baby shingekis.

Disgusting. Left Annie with her Bort or Eren.

I hope Ymir doesn't shout.
She's a little bit scary.

I am sure if she shouts Hissy will keep her in line! Hissy will tell her to be quiet if she is scaring you Rico. Don't be afraid!

Duty! Duty and fortitude!
Lewdness must not be tolerated!

I knew Ricos weren't teetotal! Here's a Hitch (& bonus Annie)

You tell 'em Rico!

I haven't seen Marcofujos in these threads much.

Doing silly things, like trying to carry heavy things, while drinking is a reason to avoid alcohol!

Don't do both at the same time then! There's a time and a place for everything.

Armin's face in this always gets me, haha

>this thread

Well there's been no arguing yet in this thread so it's already better than the previous ones in that aspect.

I think from now on, I'll stick to tea, thank you.

B A S E M E N T S O O N

Please be kidding

But Mikasa is better!

t. Eren

Hype!

>Ymir will pay for her horrific crime.

But she already paid for it? She gave her life to Zeke/MT (MT means mule titan now), to redeem herself for killing that sweet innocent boya.

If Ymir killed Reiner, I'd execute her myself.

Cat cafes are the best place for that.

I prefer doggies. Cat's scratch ;__;

Bert, pls.

Whoa there Rico, don't throw things so aggressively! I'm a little concerned now. Both cats and dogs are great!

It did make a bit of a mess.. Dammit.
Truth be told, I've never had a pet cat, I've just been scratched by my friends cat a lot. Cat ears are cute though. Like your hoody.

How is any of this relevant to SnK?

Well, the cat cafe gif is from Chuugakkou.

What are they singing here?

Better question, why is Connie so sexy?

Sasha is having a blast and this makes me happy

They're auditioning for back up vocals in Hissy's band.

Bert is the bassist of Utgard.

Ricofag we know you hate Armin, but who are your favourites? (Besides Rico obviously)

Maybe he wants to expand his role? Idk

Bert and Mikasa look like they're singing different songs

God, he's so ugly.

BM: Love songs
Connie: Lounge
Eren: Rock
Sasha: Metal
Armin: Screamo

Well, I like Eren a lot more now than I originally did, he has grown into a more believable character, which I like.
I can respect Erwin, and I can understand his choices, but I'm torn on whether or not I would consider him a favourite.
Jean is really growing on me, I like the slow burn approach to character development.
Levi serves a purpose, but I struggle to find a reason to feel strongly about him.
I'm not sure I have favourites, I tend to like all the characters for one reason or another...except for Armin. Though he did die valiantly.
Which characters do yo like, user?

>snk
>I want a happy ending!

Fucking retards

I blame tumblr fujos and Isayama for listening to them.

>Nihonjin
>listening to the west
>the west having any effect at all on their picture books
Are you literally retarded or just pretending?

This mofo came to slay.

Isayama doesn't give a shit about what Western fandom thinks.

>implying nip fujos are much different
The only difference is that they don't get butthurt as easily.

Bert surely is singing Reiner and Mikasa for Eren bae.

Everyone in this manga deserves death. Everyone. The Mist ending would have been the best possible outcome.

>backpedaling
The west has absolutely no effect on anything. Stop bringing dumblr into everything.

would've been cheap and lame

I'd take a bittersweet ending where all possible questions have already been answered and all characters have been fully explored over Isayama's original idea any day

That's cheap writing and will only please simple tastes like yours.

It's cheaper if Isayama brings Armin back to life, but he's going to do it anyway.

>cheap writing
Cheap writing is making the protagonists win a battle they clearly can't win by many asspulls in a row, like Isayama has been doing since chapter 1. Everyone dying would be more realistic.