ITT: Masterpieces

ITT: Masterpieces

Okay, please start.

I did! Look at the OP

Pic not related.

people who think ssy is a masterpiece are probably the same fags who think synedoche new york is one too

Not after that garbage ending.

lol niggers got BTFO by literal aryan gods in that anime

This but for real. It appeals to my pea-brained sense of humour like no other show, western or eastern.

Synecdoche New York is a really solid movie tho, its only mistake is having something as simple as nihilism be its core theme. Anyway, SSY is great and you are a faggot.

It was fun. Needed an episode or two more though.

HI LEDDIT

>ITT: Masterpieces
>nobody posts any masterpieces

as expected of Sup Forums

>everyone has shit taste except me
>nobody can refute this because I won't post myself
>I can't because I'm too busy sucking dicks

Yes

No.

Are you seriously going to look at that animation and shit direction and call it a masterpiece?

It's only strong because the source material is strong.

>falling for shitty rec threads

best animes ever made:
bakemonogatari (its very deep so if youre a begginer into anime you should skip it for later)
gundam iron blood orphans (finally a gundam mech show that isnt made for kids)
kiznaiver (very good anime from this season gave me the feels ;_;)
mirai nikki (its super crazy sorta like elfen lied and stuff )
elfen lied (my first anime its really dark tho so dont watch it if youre under 18)

Not screwing a source material is an accomplishment on its own, just look at the manga adaptation and what happenend because that mangaka thought he could do better.

Kill yourself

Trying too hard. Don't bother.

A timeless classic.

THIS.

>shit direction
You need to back this up with examples. You can't make such a bold claim without any evidence.

10/10

End your life, pls

Have you ever seen it?

>SHITsekai YAOI
>masterpiece

Pick one OP and while you're at it, try to cure your pure shit taste.

reported

I really like this iamge

>filename
>"masterpiece"
Why am I not surprised?

Pretty much the entirety of episodes 5, 6, and 7 are headache inducing in how poorly they represent the sequence of events. It's so incredibly unclear what's going on at any point in time. There is no sense of geography at all. The queerrat forces seem to suddenly grow and shrink. Even after reading summaries that were supposed to explain what happened, the events on screen only sort of matched up. It's either really amateur, or the director had their head up their ass. Plus they seemed to have zero budget.

I think those are the worst offenders, but there's only a small handful of scenes in the show that are actually "good" (I liked the first appearance of the exploding squid things). The majority of it ranges from uninspired to confusing.

It's only good because they didn't fucking with the source material very much, but the whole time I found myself wishing I had just read the book.

That piece of shit? Please stop lying to yourself.

>YAOI
>just in one episode

A masterpiece deserves master sales right?

>○新世界より 【全9巻】
>巻数 初動 発売日
>01巻 *,*** 12.11.30
>02巻 *,594 12.12.28
>03巻 *,462 13.01.25
>04巻 *,591 13.02.20
>05巻 *,567 13.03.20
>06巻 *,590 13.04.17
>07巻 *,626 13.05.24
>08巻 *,615 13.06.19
>09巻 *,652 13.07.17
>※BD版のみの数字、DVD版は全巻ランク外

OP, fuck off with you shit taste and this shit anime.

>best-sellers are masterpieces
Go read Twilight, you faggot.

this u shouldnt be allowed to post into a until youve seen at least 1 anime in this list

I know I'm being trolled but dubs confirm I guess.

>entirety of episodes 5, 6, and 7
That's when they go into the caves with squealer, right?
>It's so incredibly unclear what's going on at any point in time
I'm pretty sure that was intentional, since we, as an audience, are supposed to experience SSY's world through Saki. It's only natural for it to be confusing when it is confusing to the protagonist.

>The majority of it ranges from uninspired to confusing
Highly debatable. All of Tokyo's sequence are greatly directed, so are Shun-centric scenes (after the first time skip).

You forgot Kill la Kill senpai XD

before 3dpd shit entered his realm, all of his monologues are masterpieces.

Kill Me Baby is literally the best anime ever made.

>defending shit anime
Twilight was a masterpiece compared to this bullshit

Even better than Poku no Bico?

SSY is cringeworthy, but holy shit, you are retarded as fuck.

>Twilight was a
>masterpiece

he's not even trying.

Properly doing an adaptation is an art in itself.

Obvious

>shitsekai yaoi
There was more yuri than yaoi

> It's only natural for it to be confusing when it is confusing to the protagonist.

There's a difference between confusing and inconsistent. I didn't feel confused for the same reasons Saki was. I was confused because I had no idea where they came from, which direction they were moving in, and what forces they had with them. It all seemed to change every time we got a new camera angle. And this problem of geography seemed to persist throughout the show. It worked during the Shun arc, but when everything is supposed to be normal, I shouldn't be confused as to how big or small an area is. Or which direction they're moving in. It has a terrible sense of place.

> All of Tokyo's sequence are greatly directed, so are Shun-centric scenes (after the first time skip).

Some of them are, but we brush over the shitty scenes in our heads because the good ones were so enjoyable. SSY is good when it counts, but everything in between is uninspired at best. For example, the submarine scenes.

It's inconsistent. There's great highs and mind numbing lows. I can't call that a masterpiece.

Nichijou is a 10/10

fuck, I thought I was just too retarded to figure out what the fuck was going on in a lot of those scenes

thank god it's not just me

It's a 9/10. This is a 10/10.

If they made it half as long, cutting out the worse half of the sketches it would have been 8/10.

Masterpiece

>people unironically dislike Shinsekai Yori

>people unironically regard this mess of off-screen storytelling and character development, jarring time skips and exposition dumps as a masterpiece

Next you gonna say Berserk and Jojo are yaoi

Jojo might as well be yaoi with the amount of faggots it attracts.

Maybe the best anime of the 2010s so far.

was so fucking good

>inb4 fujoshit

Trips confirm

Definitely one of my favourites and AOTY so far, but I'd say it's only top 10.

>implying there's any similarity between JoJo and SSY

I see a lacking of Boku no Pico here.

The movie did it better.

>implying synedoche new york is not

kek

Agreed.

I consider Code Geass and Cardcaptor Sakura to be masterpieces. Where are my fellow patricians?

Gankutsuou

definitely this

Agreed, and yet it's not even Ikuhara's best masterpiece.

One episode of homosexuality. That's the similarity.

Nice fanfic.

Also always a nice strawman argument that people who dislike SSY do so because of the homo episode and not the 20 other garbage ones.

>fanfic
It's the same as the misunderstanding people have about SSY that it is only about homosexuality.

>strawman argument
People post the yaoi argument in every SSY thread for dropping or not watching it. If you think the other 20 episodes are garbage then that's just your opinion. Make sure you post that in the next SSY thread

The movie was shit.

>Pic very related

Enough with the meme anime.
A real masterpiece coming through.

more like
>ITT:shit

Name your masterpiece then, I will tell you why your taste is bad.

In my eyes Death note is a god tier anime
> I'm ready for death threats, Sup Forums ssholes

i dont want my masterpiece smear with the shit together

its better than the gay shit from OP indeed

i recommend trigun

Or maybe because you said something without thinking it through, and you are just scared of some anonymous person on the internet going to insult your taste in anime.

lmao..you just want to shittalk my masterpiece..i know.stop hoping

Was gonna post this, best anime series I can think of.

Like top 20 maybe.

Yeah, of course I want to. But if you post one that is truly a masterpiece then I will admit my defeat and accept that you have patrician taste.

I tried to watch trigun, it changed a fair bit too quickly because im a dense motherfucker.
Was kinda entertaining while it lasted.

enjoy your shitposting then

not even him but you're a coward bro