Alright Sup Forums. How would you make an anime/manga that deconstructs the "trapped in a video game world" genre?

Alright Sup Forums. How would you make an anime/manga that deconstructs the "trapped in a video game world" genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baculum
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

obliviously you make an anime where a video game character gets trapped in the real world

i swear to god its like Sup Forums is retarded 100% of the time

Follows hard set video game rules
No vague videogame-esque environment, everything is set to rules and you can't break them

SAO Abridged already exists.

>genre
That's a setting not a genre, you asshat.

Honestly im just here for the tits

>deconstructs

well I'd have the cis white male MC acting extremely privileged and then I'd have the wise and magical negro female character teach him that there is more to life than investment banking and capitalism and then he betrays her or something i dunno maybe i could make it my thesis topic

trapped in monmusu quest, no continues.

Exploit some of the frustrating things about games.

>permanently set game difficulty to max
>if you die everything is reset, including everyone else's but the MC's memory up until the last save point/checkpoint
>if you try and pause an action scene for a clique monologue you're gonna get your toes sucked and progress reset

No mercy.

Trapped in a Rance game as girl.

Sup Forums: the post

>NEET gamer gets cut off from family financially
>Electricity is cut, can't play games
>Gets "trapped" in the real world, has to come to terms with things like working and socializing
>Applies his video game logic to the world with minor levels of success
>Something something NHK

That's it. With a deft handling you can avoid it coming off as overly preachy. MC wouldn't have to be a sad sack, just a little incompetent.

Make it start off normally in a game set in the modern world, but at the end reveal that he was in the real world all along.

trapped in a Rance game as a monster girl

1. Realistic pain: getting gutted should be a terrible experience (It is, fucking dead fall)

2. Once people they don't die, but their memory gets wiped. Someone you love just died? congrats on getting to watch them fall in love with someone else if you don't find them somewhere on this massive map.

3. You are a late comer to the game, and the enemies are already scaled to the strongest player. That means no PVP tiering, and no way to avoid it. Have fun getting your skull smashed 10000x

4. Clan wars mean Clan rape and pillage too.

5. you age and wound realistically, but never die of old age, only grizzly death. so eventually you look like pic related(which is a good thing)

6. Glitches. Glitches are real. Invunerable enemies, clipping through your 'Secure walls'

Essentially, Mix Madoka style suffering, common MMORPG issues, and introduce human nature.

Also bodies don't disappear, only rot.
Have fun with the endless fields of rotting, bloated fucking corpses.

Hope you like looting a maggoty breastplate, or being a prostitute.

The characters think they were playing in a VrMMO, but it was actually real life all along.

There was never a reality to 'go back to'.

Make it set around a loser NEET who thinks that the video game world will bring some joy and colour to his life.

The story starts off promising at first, but after a series of unfortunate events, he realizes that, no matter how hard he tries, his life will still be the same and he'll be miserable forever.

>Bunch of people get trapped in a VR-MMO
>MC rocks up and is ridiculously OP Gary-Stu
>Turns out he's a Chinese gold farmer/seller
>Story is about him and the other gold farmers destroying the in-game economy, subjugating the other players and waging wars on each other to drive up profits
>All the while weebshits with heroic ideals are getting destroyed left and right by ruthless moguls

Already being done.

>trapped in monmusu quest, no continues.
Oh my fuck no. With the RNG the way it is even perfect play isn't guarantee of survival.

How about Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu?
Demon King from Video Game world trapped in Real World which is almost exactly like his Video Game World...

Wow. I like the Manga, but damn that sounds like the stupidest thing ever when you say it out-loud.

Better yet. They find a rare loot: muskets crafting patterns, and train endless walls of noobs with them.

Also they go on a BR player gas chamber adventure.

Deconstruction of a trope requires more than applying 'realism' to an absurd setting.

As long it the MC is a trap I can dig it over and over. It's also not a genre you idiot.

>you die a fuck ton at a single location
>respawn
>lose memory
>go back to location you died at
>see millions of corpses that look similar to your own

That's pretty fucked up.

A show about 95% of the player base dying slow horrible deaths just trying to survive in a medevil setting because they can barely take care of themselves in the modern world.

so autistic chinese konosuba?

Sounds like Grimgar, where the guys who could get shit done already formed their own teams and left, and the remaining scrubes take half a season to learn the concept of teamwork.

>autistic konosuba

Redundant

Have the main protagonist be like this.

Hadn't thought of that but.

holy shit. A field of your own bloated corpses? jesus.

This sounds more like putting edge into the trope rather than deconstructing it user. I honestly don't think there is a decent way to even deconstruct this nor the time travel trope.
inb4 rezero fags

Sounds like you're trapped in the DataBase
Wow Wow.

For added comedy it was marketed as "THE MOST REALISTIC MMORPG TO DATE!"

"YOU WILL SWEAR IT'S REAL"

sup Shadow the Hedgehog

Hey, I was just going for a Madoka style deconstruction, user.

Sorry it falls flat.

dot Hack already deconstructed being stuck in a video game before the genre existed.

Prove me wrong.

Its not a setting if it follows certain tropes. Thats like saying harem is a genre just because there are girls. Stop shitposting moron.

You mean like wreck it ralph being stuck in sugar rush?

>sup Shadow the Edgelord
ftfy

I agree with you.
But, Can you deconstruct something without first constructing it?

People always bitched about how MMORPG's lack that "real cause for worry", So why not give it to them?

Plus, wouldn't you like to see a dense, goofy MC turn into a cold, hard, greyed and grizzled bastard?

>Video game character stuck inside a video game

Now we're getting somewhere

dot hack certainly did... something. at least the music was good.

>ftfy
thanks breh

You want a deconstruction? Imagine this scenario:
>An isekai WN comes out and is recieves praise for intricate worldbuilding, non-one-dimentional characters and not relying on cliches typical to the genre.
>It is picked by Kadokawa. At the same time fan translation project is started by an user.
>Anime is announced. Sup Forums gets interested in the source and it gets weekly threads.
>Threads become daily when anime adaptation is aired. Sup Forums likes it.
>Suddenly it becomes known that the user who was translating the novels is in fact the original author, he is not Japanese and the "translations" were really original text.
>Sup Forums goes asspained over the work they loved the day before. Any mention of it now devolves threads into "sage for not anime" shitfests fueled by reverse-trolls.
>At one point Hiro comes to reverse-troll, effectively making Sup Forums unusable with nonsense replacing contents of every post and adaptation's opening playing non-stop

Easy.
MC is in a Napoleonic war MMORPG.

And is promptly conscripted into the line infantry.

Have fun MC!

The story of an NPC who hates the "players" and gives them quests to "fuck off and die"

PSO2 the Animation and the current patch of titular game. Not "trapped", game characters are free to travel back and forth, but they are aware that they are a "game" to most Earthlings.

make NPC a titty monster for added comedy.

MC gets trapped in a Hentai mmorpg

Where the mc is turned into a girl an raped?
Yes

>not writing it both in Japanese and in English at the same time
This is how I know the novelist is a pleb.

>female character gets trapped in the real world
>gets abducted and turned into a sex slave
>story is of her learning to cope with life in the real world as a sex slave

You are mixing various things that contradict each other. All the game's actual wacky bad shit with all the real world's most inconvenient stuff.

so every black lilith game?

MC spends 6 episodes doing sidequests and trying to glitch the world.

black lillith games arent "Video game character transferred to real world" though.

I'd watch it. Because that's more belivable that a NEET would make a female character. Half of it is surviving the world, the other half is keeping the act up so people don't realize he's a guy.

doesnt take a lot of effort to make it so.

>there are no doujins of him

"trapped in Sup Forums"

>you get trapped in Final Fantasy 14
>you feel like you're a god, a Warrior of Light incarnate.
>you walk into Aurum Vale
HUE

has to fight through 100 levels of tentacle monsters

What's wrong with Overlord?

>yet another mary sue MC transported to another world where he is super powerful and all the girls want his dick

What dick?

the one that all the female npcs in nazarick want. This is literally shown in chapter 2 of the manga.

Try to keep up.

Ok. Agreed on that.
But.What.Dick.?.

gotta be creative

Gets trapped in a video game world which turns out to be the real world.

so, The Gamer

Fairly entertaining when the harem is all autistic and that's why they like an autist MC

MC trapped in a boring single player game like Cookie Clicker. He has h4x that let him do anything but there's no point. The story is about him trying to have fun while going insane from boredom.

>MC is trapped in a fantasy game
>Makes friends, forms a party to beat the final boss
>Returns to the real world for light-hearted SoL
>Romances main girl, they kiss and credits roll
The fantasy world was the real one all along, a post-credits scene shows the MC and his party getting killed. The entire SoL/romance segment was simply the MC's fantasy as he was bleeding to death, watching his comrades fall one by one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baculum

That would be pretty hard to do. I mean what video game elements would there be? No RPG screens, no monsters to fight, nobody can respawn, etc.

Convenience store simulator would not have many players...

Make it like a real videogame.

Load times,input commands and all that.

Or reveal at the last episode it was a kid playing all the time.

I have no idea about the genre

>People wake up as their characters in an unfamiliar area
>Can open up stat screens, use abilities etc.
>Go around killing people and random animals because they can just to test things out
>eventually they find themselves attacked repeatedly by npcs
>Players find out that they can easily revive too
>Take over entire towns and even cities doing whatever they want
>eventually the player characters realize the world they're fighting against is their own and they've been killing normal people

Could be fun.

>Thats like saying harem is a genre just because there are girls
No it fucking isn't.

Calling isekai a genre is like calling 'high school' a genre.

Trap them in halo 3 against me lol.

MC could be German playing a simulator game? Japs fucking love germans.

Fuck off underage.

MC tries to destroy the world he's found himself in because he wants out. Break everything.

Get out underage.

Halo 3 came out 9 years ago.

Yes, now read his post again. He types like a fifteen year old.

There's a manga for this that isn't translated. Male MC was playing as a his female avatar when suddenly everyone who was playing is their character IRL

Go back to Sup Forums

What?

name?

>Alright Sup Forums. How would you make an anime/manga that deconstructs the "trapped in a video game world" genre?

Simple. I make Nyanta the main character.

When everyone gets trapped in the video game and lose their shit, the MC is a chill, suave salaryman who always loved the videogame and now gets to live the dream.

While everyone else is busy being edgy emo/heroic teens going on dangerous missions to get back home, the MC takes the world in at his own pace, enjoying himself, exploring dungeons and killing monsters just for fun, applying common sense and good, old-fashioned tactics to every situation.

While the edgy teens die in droves and have their big, emotional moments, the MC is chilling in taverns, meeting new people both PCs and NPCs, and having a blast at living in a videogame. He never does whatever is necessary to get out of the game, and if he does it, it is because he is getting paid handsomely by noobs and tryhards that have heard of how amazing he is. However, the MC eventually takes people under his wing to teach them his philosophy about how the real world is shit and why would anyone want to go back.

The story ends with the guy practically founding a cult based on the principle that living in the videogame world fucking rocks. A Marche expy eventually ganks him because ESCAPISM IS NOT HEALTHY, but all that does is pretty much make him a martired saint, thus solidifying the cult into a full-blown religion.

Not really.
It could be possible that he was just trying to be funny and not a totally serious tryhard in a thread about cartoons here on the international elliot rodger fedora forums.

>It could be possible that he was just trying to be funny
it was "your mom" tier

It's a setting or premise. Not a genre. That's why we have Konosuba which is a comedy, and re: zero which is chuuni angst, to name two recent examples.

Your mum's a funny.

Isn't that pretty much what Ixion Saga DT was trying to do?

No. I don't want this kind of fucking suffering.

But konosuba already exists.

That's the joke!
lol!

Gone sexual?

Also I love how for many people in this thread deconstruction of this genre is basically their life.
Reverse self-inserting is not healthy.