About to start this. I read people saying it's awesome a lot so i thought i'd actually see what it's about...

About to start this. I read people saying it's awesome a lot so i thought i'd actually see what it's about. I might watch the anime after, are the movies any good?

What am i in for? minimal spoilers please, just hoping for some vibe hype.

You ever been deeply interested in human suffering? Well you will be

it's a edgy shounen

Read it.

>movies any good?

Only the manga is good, ignore everything else.

>shounen.

Welcome to the suffering.

Seinen is shounen but "mature"

>don't
Once it's complete start reading it. If you want something on top of HL3 never happening then this might be your thing, but otherwise I would suggest staying away from it.

Don't listen to this guy. Waiting for a new chapter is a part of the Berserk experience.

Wyald was such a fucking annoying piece of shit

Turn back. Turn back!

Once you open this box it will never close.

first volume was pretty great, the art is really nice for it's age. I hope shit gets explained though, seems kinda edgy to have one eye closed i hope it's not some dumb "he opens it for max power" type shit.

All media aside from the source material are riddled with flaws. Movies are laced with bad CG, anime is a slideshow, games are alright, but they won't sum up the story at all. None of these can replace the original, but they can supplement it.

Among all the apostles he makes my stomach churn the most. Fucking monkey.

Manga has been going downhill ever since Tower of Conviction and Guts has been getting less and less time since.

>OP btw

So i should just read the manga? A friend said the 97 anime is pretty decent post manga reading. So i might watch that too.

It's a demographic, not a genre.

You moron.

People like to debate the order to read it, but I think chronologically is the best. Art gets even better as it goes on. Get caught up on the manga and then look into the other stuff.

You really shouldn't be here though. Threads like these never go by without someone spoiling. It's going to happen.

I agree. One thing that made Berserk great was the despair that Guts always had to deal with, but it's been nothing but healing lately. The brand is hardly as burdening as it used to be. Berserk armor though.

i didn't say anything about genre

Read the manga first. Then watch the TV series. Give yourself some time to forget about stuff then watch the movies.

>i
Stop typing like a retard.

>You really shouldn't be here though.
Probably not, no. I'm heading to bed soon anyway so i thought i'd make a thread about it. I really enjoyed vol1 and halfway through vol2 already.

Jesus, the autism is strong in this one.