Why the fuck are there no mellenials doing trades?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_ENFnFzxTA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cheers for that mate, was getting sick of my thread.

cheers!

I'd do CNC machining if I could, but there's nowhere to learn here, at least not without chaining myself to a 3 year course

HVAC tech born in '91. i think most of my generation thinks they are above getting dirty and hurt at work. thats fine by me, it dramatically increases my value as the good ol boys retire out. Quite simply there wont be enough boots to take care of the HVAC work, so prices for repairs will skyrocket. Id recommend it to someone looking to get into a trade, not the easiest work though.

because universities had better marketing,

and people emulate the projected image of success.

Seriously?

> Got to go to college jew
Everyone goes to college
> Where the fuck is the workforce?
Unemployed, cause they went to college and majored in underwater basket weaving.
>Amazingly you can get student loans for that
Now employers can't find young people to work trades because that's beneath them.
>Welcome immigrants into country to fill jobs.

America.

Not sure about other countries but university has become more accessible here over the past 20 years so I can see why more people are opting for it ahead of trades

I work as general industrial maintenance. Everything from plumbing to electrical to carpentry. Most everything involved with construction ive done to some level or another. Ive been thinking of getting into HVAC, any suggestions for how to start?

Spot on..born in 85 and doing hvac and can tell you the help is deff needed in this field. So many different directions. So many different paths suited for almost anyone.

Trade work is for retards. I'd rather be unemployed than a retard trade wage cuck

Because they're ultra high IQ city people.

Hard work and the pay sucks, but being a NEET is impossible, i'd rather not be broke and starved to death by the DWP cunts

People think the trades are below them.

I'll never understand this, why in the fuck would you want anything more then a lower middleclass comfy lifestyle.

well my path into the field was by no way standard so ill share the way i did it, and the most common way. pick and choose, mix and match you know. my father has been an HVAC tech since i was born, so i was introduced to the field very young. i watched him go from making other people money to running his own HVAC company. makes at least 250k a year take home on a bad year. he helped me get a job at a parts house, spent 2 years there learning everything i could. once i felt i had learned enough, i went up to my favorite customer and asked for a job. got hired in two weeks over a beer and a handshake. taking over my dads business in 3 threes and plan to merge with my current boss. however without the initial connection to get into the parts house it may prove a difficult method to implement. although it cost me nothing so that is a definite perk if you can get a job in a parts house. otherwise there are various trade schools in id assume every city of decent size. find which one has the best reputation in town among the HVAC guys in town. go there, hit the books. you could then call probably any HVAC company in town and get an interview very fast. i am not understating how in need this field is, every company in my city is looking.

seriously we need help in HVAC. drowning in work and money over here.

cause mommy and daddy dont want a plumber for a son

>3 threes
3 years

Also going to college and flunking out, and refusing to quit for 8 years because the leftist teachers and colleagues lie and tell them their brain is just a muscle and has nothing to do with genetics.

Here you have to go through 4 years of basically zero pay and attend trade school so it's the same as university. Once the union's fall away and we're more 3rd world (no compliance, you can do the job if you have the skills) we'll get another wave of pajeet who'll agree to work for literally nothing.

They'll promote themselves out of slavery by driving taxi's and working at 711

I'm a machinist who got in with no prior experience. Drive from shop to shop and tell them you want to learn. You might start doing manual work or apprenticeship work but you'll learn.

I'm a millennial but I'm studying to be an Attorney. Kinda the same. Providing a service to the community. Plan to start my own practice soon in my home town.
>Mfw most new attorneys prefer to slave for pennies in some huge downtown firm paying $2000/ month in rent while I will be slaving for slightly fewer pennies in a 98% rural white town and self employed.

How many lawyers does this country need? Thousands are churned out every year.

Even though tradespeople make more money, I will not do anything that could leave me vulnerable to being replaced by immigrants who can fake an education or easily achieve a certificate within a year or so that would allow them to work the same job as me, even if they would do a worse job at it since they would still be willing to do it for cheaper and drive down wages.

I'm betting my future on getting some credentials next to my name that actually have value in the industry I'm in. That way even if I leave it I will still have a buffer against foreign competition if I choose to go back.

Plus I want air conditioning, to wear nice clean clothes to work, and to casually socialize for most of the day with my coworkers. Manual labour jobs make me depressed because I end up letting my imagination go wild which results in too much focusing on the things I don't have or can't do because I'm busy working. Labour jobs literally drive me crazy because I argue with myself in my head when I do them.

City people look down on the trades and it's rubbed off on the younger generations because nobody wants to be seen as a loser. Tradesmen are nothing more than white-trash labourers to the liberal elite.

I've been rejected nonstop for apprenticeships because these old faggots want to keep making massive cash even if it means the government will import thousands of people from the other side of the world to do their jobs after they retire.

In the Navy I got a universal cert from the EPA for refer plants. Any idea how long those last/valuable it is in the civilian world? Any idea how far that could get me trying to get a job in the civilian world?

Lotta vac experience, little H

ya because I want to work around toilets and shit pipes for a living lmao

gtfoh

Because I can make six figures doing a white collar job and not have to work for a shitty $40k salary with a trade.

they spend all their money on avocado toast

Rural lawyers are becoming scarce. All the young lawyers are chasing big city jobs or leaving for the coasts. For example in my town the average attorney is in his late 50s/ early 60s. The youngest , a family friend, is 55. Many counties don't even have a local attorney anymore and have to hire one from the city for $$$$. It really is a crisis. It gets worse, There is a shortage of lawyers in rural areas, and judges are typically drawn from local stock. Soon many counties simply won't be able to function.

3 years to learn to push buttons?

Because people were like
>do you want to build things out of wood or learn about maintaining cars, OR do you want to learn how to be an astronaut or fireman
and I was like
>wtf would ever choose making shit out of wood or being a fucking farmer sign me right on up for space cowboy

because they don't know how to add subtract multiply or divide

I went from $60k to $90k with enough OT to do $130k since Trump won the election.

t. TIG welder

>Millenials are not doing trades
You serious?
If you have a first edition charizard I'll trade you my holographic limited edition blastoise right now.

Sucks to be a fuckin Leaf. The trade unions in the States will take anybody that applies simply so they can fund the guys drawing pensions.

I guess it's learning to write the actual programming code too
Either way it's arbitrary and fucking expensive to actually do quite a lot of stuff here.
If i'm able to, i'd rather try and get the fuck away from this shithole within 3 years than be stuck on a course which may or may not help me get a job

Yes white trash labourer here, make after taxes over 1000 a week. Little under half of that I invest into the market or on cryptocurrencies.

Livin' so good right now.

9/10 guys don't program. The other guy might make adjustments. They have teams of $50k/year young "engineers" to do that.

Where was the guy who claimed to be a power engineer. I want to speak with him.

Id love to compare paychecks

If you're willing to go to school for three years you'd be better of charting your own courses and learning TIG and manual machining. Not many hands on guys left. There are strong wages in prototyping, as well as tool and die. Those jobs won't be replaced by robots.

> Why the fuck are there no mellenials doing trades?

Because no one likes being poor while doing hard work?

If you hadn't gotten the memo after 3 decades that trades were at the bottom of the modern hierarchy with next to no political clout you're retarded.
Everyone has more or less instinctively understood that trades would always be the first to get fucked by Unions, corruption and third world workers. Everyone except a few tards on Sup Forums.

Say what you will but I dont understand why autists get all butt hurt about being but-his-faces. If you work out and look that good, id still fuck ya

>Mellenials

Too many of them can't spell.

I am, 18 y.o 2nd year HVAC apprentice. loving it

looking forward to extorting retards

The guy has a nice looking girlfriend.

The incel community got absolutely booty blasted when they learned that because he's pretty much the living proof that you just need to step the fuck up to get what you want.

>looking forward to extorting retards
For 50k a year after 20 years of experience.

I'm a millennial with no high school diploma and one semester of college making 60k selling electricity. When San Antonio privatized in a year or so ill be making about 90k leading an office. From there the company will be opening over a hundred regional offices in the next 8 years, which is a 150k position that I'm on track for. I got the job over negroes and college kids because I keep my eyes on the ball. In the past I was a baker, a painter, an a warehouse worker.

Or maintain robots and set them up.
T 23 y.o. making 2k after taxes every 2 weeks

Heres the real kicker. If america was set to a period without electricity.. most tradesman will be able to survive..as snub nosers woild be fucked cause they dont understand theories of just basic everyday shit they use. Its hilarious who needs a CPA when the zombies come? No thanks ill take the guy who knows electricity, building shit...cause he would be deemed more essential

>T 23 y.o. making 2k after taxes every 2 weeks
You realize this is miserable right?

>I'm a millennial with no high school diploma and one semester of college making 60k selling electricity. When San Antonio privatized in a year or so ill be making about 90k leading an office.
No you're not. There might be people who do but you're not one of them.

lel your just a butthurt uni graduate, my tradesman earns 85k aud and is only 24. and he's the laziest cunt i know

the only people who hate tradesmen are the retards who fell for the uni meme and are now thousands in debt and have to pay extortionate prices for a tradesman to come to their houses and replace a washer

yep. i sure am.

>being this butthurt

Canadians really are the most consistently awful posters, whats happening to you guys up there?

>If america was set to a period without electricity.. most tradesman will be able to survive
No you would die unless you invested heavily into the prepper lifestyle.

Which is only possible with significant income investments, enough to have an isolated house and fully equipped bunker in the mid west that you can drive to every other months or so.

Because an entire generation of kids were raised on the meme that anyone who doesnt graduate with a bachelors degree will end up homeless.

I'm a CNC Machinist, Manual Machinist, and CNC Programmer. I make about 80-90k. Never spent a dime on college.

Meanwhile I know people with college degrees working at wal-mart and starcucks. Hahaha.

You are a successful solicitor going for a high responsibility job with no qualifications?

Just answer yes/no and well go from there.

I know these guys exist. Unlike engineers and med people they don't post on Sup Forums. You're butthurt. I'm not.

Dont understand what this means. In the dc area hvac service techs make between 40-50 an hour owners charging upwards of 140hr-195hr.... And youre saying thats low for someone who doesnt even have to go into debt with a 4 year? Shit and some of us dont even have high school diplomas...JUST A WILL TO LEARN to feed the rats like you who come begging when they need services provided by blue collar.

You are the most annoyingly massive faggot I think I have run into on chan other than this one faggot that literally stalked me, rather than sitting here running your mouth insulting people why don;t you tell us all wtf it is that you do exactly other than run your mouth

>my tradesman earns 85k aud
Before taxes and unions.

> and he's the laziest cunt i know
So a nepotism baby. Got it.

>the only people who hate tradesmen are the retards who fell for the uni meme
No one hates tradesmen. But most tradesmen are massively butthurt at college grads.
People who went to college had the choice of being a tradesmen or not. Tradesmen didn't.

Just started apprenticing, any good sources to learn programming?

Yes/no?

faggot sitting here with his nose int he air insulting men that do real work and pay their taxes and keep the goddamn country running like you are better than they are fuck you little faggot, I would hire any one of these guys over a faggot like you any day for any job

>Noordoostpolder
unimpressed_pepe.jpg

>2017
>Not understanding market corrections

What happened with houses and (assuming you arent just legal internet companies) is happening to university degrees.

In my country already the golden era of trades is over.

Yes/mo what you retarded monkey? Go help your parents take your little 8 yo brother to get a sex change before you are arrested for child abuse

Plenty of books out there. Hands on experience is always the best on top of that.

The CAD/CAM software does most of the work for you these days, anyway.

Quads of truth, the only thing keeping trades afloat now is the barriers to entry enforced by the state gubs/unions.

Pajeet will do it for cents on the dollar, heh.. enrichment.

Because they think working at Best Buy is superior. Fact is most people who rag on trades work teenager jobs like retail.

That's an ideal scenario. When you're in an union and socialized/sucked dicks along the way. If you're name doesn't end with an 'i' or 'o' go back 10 steps from the start.

Also that's a low wage in the DC area

>someone who doesnt even have to go into debt with a 4 year?
Only in dumbfuckistan. Nowhere in the world is higher education so expansive that you actually go in debt on the long term.

Uhhh they settled all over ireland, paricularly around Dublin.

i used to work for turkish people, too, making pure commission off of sales, selling heating pads, hermit crabs, wind spinners, gel candles, cell phone accessories, and fake bling jewelry. i did some work in watertown, a NY town on the border of canada.

the canadians were all passive aggressive weirdos with no soul, almost entirely shades of weird yellow brown. and they had 'manners' but were like, pushy and flippant at the same time. just strange people.

no, i'm an agent for a subsidiary venture into residential service retailing for a company which was recently bought for 8b by Berkshire Hathaway. a deal for 13.4b was stopped by regulators. it's a national company that primarily sells electricity to industrial concerns but which began expanding it's market two years ago.

> Unlike engineers and med people they don't post on Sup Forums.

my 56k with good bonuses hasn't really made me feel as if i'm too loftily removed to interact with these pathetic plebs on Sup Forums just yet. but i'm so upset that you'd question me 'slumming' it amongst these lesser-thans, i'm going to have to vent by having my under-butler fire the gardener.

I make around 40k before taxes, which is pretty decent in bumfuck egypt, and I just started working less than 6 months ago. But taxes and insurance eat almost half of my pay. Beats being a NEET, though. I have a virgin Asian gf and a good chunk of cash saved up for a house.

Most millennials get taught that the only way they'll ever be able to compete is if they graduate university several times and support the Democrat Party.

>this is how trade workers actually speak

I know you're just false flagging but this is why you don't get into trades. Because you'll be surrounded by the bottom of the barrel type of cromagnon with no manners, violent temperaments, a propensity for petty crimes and of course nothing intelligent or intelligible to say when you're cracking open a coke on break time.

At least in the US it's possible to get into CNC machining without experience, but you're gonna have to work your ass off doing either strenuous production jobs or saw-cutting/deburring. I started out making $9 an hour running a hydraulic bandsaw and 5 years later I have a cushy job running an EDM in an aerospace shop making $28 an hour. The reason more millennials aren't doing this job is because you actually have to work.

>most tradesmen are massively butthurt at college grads
A lot of tradesmen are college grads that couldn't find a job in their field, so didn't double down on stupid and found a job somewhere else.

Most of us work our 8 hour days and head off to faggots houses like yours and make another $1000-$3000 in just a matter of another 6hrs. That the gubmint doesnt even know about cause your dumb ass didnt even sign a contract cause of cost.

Because theyre all going to uni to learn useless degrees and muh dreaming millenials also theyre using powerful drugs to treat personality types adhd kids used to do physical jobs now everyone has to be the same to function

I was a college professor am a published author and a thermodynamics engineer doing research at the Georgia Tech Advanced technology Center for DARPA doing research on nano particles for fire suppression and worked with Dr KC Adiga who supposed to be a genius in \material sciences and nano particles and he was as massive a faggoty ass retard as you are because of his ego. He literally couldn't figure out the most simplest shit any one of these fags can figure out in an instant. Your massive ego and kike contraindication makes you one of the stupidest people in the planet because you are too stupid to know what you don't know and too fucking conceded to find out or shut your mouth and listen, you are the absolute worst kinda motherfucker to work with doing anything

Because the last generation never quit, there's no incentive to. In todays culture the idea of retiring isn't very applicable

Well it was nevee presented as an option much in school and where I was from many trades were pretty closed, hard to get apprenticeships unless you were senpai or tight with a business. I knew a lot of guys who worked hard for their tickets only to be dropped by their employer with little reason. Most trades do not fit with my aptitudes but if was encouraged more Im sure a lot more kids in my grad class would have considered it but that was almost 10 years ago now.

>i'm an agent for a subsidiary venture into residential service retailing
So basically you sollicitate people for a living

>but i'm so upset that you'd question me 'slumming' it amongst these lesser-thans, i'm going to have to vent by having my under-butler fire the gardener.
The difference with engineers and other steam is that salesmen are hyper socials who need to stay on a high of positivism at all times. They don't post on Sup Forums.

Feels good man

honestly, guys, where there's a will there's a way.

guys, guys, guys - go on craigslist - it's great - and apply to fucking everything. call every number you see. talk them into it. just do it. put yourself out there. just do it.

Had a very similar start. Starting out doing shit, then started learning CNC/Manual Machines when I was younger. Once you have good CNC experience on your resume, you can get very good CNC jobs.

Is that Chad Hitler?

>Most of us work our 8 hour days and head off to faggots houses like yours and make another $1000-$3000 in just a matter of another 6hrs.
There are fields where working this much will be a lot more rewarding.

You're sacrificing your health, energy and body entirely whereas someone working in an office or a profession that doesn't require constant backbreaking work can even daydream half the time he's supposed to be working and still make more than you.

Calm down, Cletus. We get it. You were too stupid and ignorant to go to college so you work with other white trash.
Why not calm down and get back to finger banging your cousin in a trailer.

I never took trades but I went to tech school and the class had numerous BAs and BBAs looking for a second chance at life, most of them failed the first semester. Don't assume all university degrees are more complex than other forms of education.

>regional offices
Don't bet on it, bucko.

Asking again.

And also: if I wanted to do HVAC work what other certs, if any, would I need?

Yah sure, what exactly is your degree in and wtf do you know about anything? I can prove my creds you little kike faggot

This is my work, a 10 micron pseudo mist that is used on US submarines because it is not toxic like HALON and doesn't ruin electronics equipment that we are currently a home version of

youtube.com/watch?v=v_ENFnFzxTA

Wtf did you study you gender studies faggot, working at Enterprise rent a car

>The difference with engineers and other steam is that salesmen are hyper socials who need to stay on a high of positivism at all times. They don't post on Sup Forums.

you're delusional. i'm a salesman.