BOKU NO HERO X ONE PUNCH MAN

so whats the better manga?
both have similar themes but they're executed on two completely different ways
tell me your opinion, Sup Forums

one thing's for sure, boku no hero has the better girls

shitty shit shit shitty garbage both

care to elaborate?

I only watched BNH because of All Might, the MC is so fuckin whiny (even in your pic he looks like hes about to start crying) and the side characters are really forgettable.

and what about opm?

yet none of em can compete with fubuki alone

academia is shit
the kind of shit that has nothing of value to remember
while on the other hand WB and Fox are fighting for the opm live action rights like it could compete with the marvel cinematic universe

Tecnically, Boku no Hero Academia because One Punch Man moves at a snail pace.

>fubuki
>not tatsumaki
i'm disappointed, famalam.

also,i really don't know why they bothered to make a second season
anyone with common sense would know that making a second season for a show that flopped as bad as academia should not be renewed

oh?
is that so?
then tell me,what exactly was the first season of academia?

>implying fubuki can compete with this

Four hands?!

He talks about the manga, retard. Murata is slow as fuck and has been especially slow after the anime finished.

>giving a shit about the anime
kys

quality over quanity

i said anime because the thing its adapting is shitty and everyone knows it
why do you think only people who force themselves to like it ever praise it?

for four times the enjoyment!

One is a satire manga
One is a battle manga

How can you compare this?

one is good the other is shit(the shit one is academia)

Stop typing like a retard.

As an anime only fag I have to say its OPM by a good margin. I like BnHA but its nothing new in a lot of ways. OPM did have a lot of tropes but it managed them in a much more original manner and I find Saitama a much more pleasant MC than Midoriya the mega cry baby beta self insert. I honestly figured the one punch gimmick would get old quick but I was surprised to see how fun it was throughout the first season. I couldn't wait for him to smash the Deep Sea King, probably the most satisfying one after that villain crushed so many other heroes.

Even if you like Midoriya's character you basically have a better, less crybaby and ass pull version in OPM with Mumen Rider.

>also,i really don't know why they bothered to make a second season

It's not a second season, it's split-cour in combination with Bones being retards who like to call their pre-planned 2nd cour a 2nd season. Which should not be allowed!

Do you know that you have to be 18 or older in order to post here?

That's a good point. I've had a lot of fun reading BNH but it's just the same story we all have seen already.
thanks for sharing your opinion

oh forgot another thing
academia fags never have a counter argument
they always insult you instead or atleast try to.
meaning they also know that the manga is shit but they read it anyway

boy,you academia fags sure don't got any arguments

Themes are not topics

>it's just the same story we all have seen already
Novelty isn't the only way to measure quality. I've seen way more innovative works that were pure crap.

Anyone else lost interested in Hero Academia because they introduced so many heroes and expected us to sympathize with all of them?
One of the reason I like OPM so much is that the joke being all the countless hero are just weak jobbers when compared to Saitama.

can, have, has.

Only the S class matters at all and even then some of them are still jobbers.

>read BHA
>obligatory training arc, tournament arc
>all those irrelevant side characters that the author forces us to care by adding flashback backstory mid fight
dropped this piece of shit harder than AssClass

>academy setting
>training arc
Holy fucking SHIT how did we ever see it coming?

For some reason she reminds me of Orihime.

That's true. But don't forget i'm comparing it to OPM, which has just enough original content to not be previsible (unlike BNH) and it's a great manga overall

fuck you I like both.

>training arc
>in a school
>is obviously shafted for the sake of plot
>meanwhile Deku's actual training arcs happened in one chapter each
Also, you're not forced to care about people. The flashbacks are there to keep the themes moving; fake heroes, real heroes, defeat, victory, etc.
And comparing it by novelty is bad. Kids don't care about that, they care about how fun it is. If the scenes are hyped, if the plot is coherent, if it looks cool...
Fanart of Superman doesn't live on purely by virtue of nostalgia, for instance.

previsive*
please don't deport me

So the 2 worst fanbases on Sup Forums have finally found together.
Thanks, reddit.

hm,you need to get your head checked with a doctor cause that is ugly compared to fubuki

>And comparing it by novelty is bad. Kids don't care about that
Well I'm not a kid, so I do care about novelty

>And comparing it by novelty is bad.
Why? Novelty is one aspect of a series. Its not the end all be all of course but a novel series that's also executed well is quite refreshing to watch or read. OPm has that novelty factor while also being well executed whereas BnHA is more predictable.

>similar themes
>implying

How is a strong guy who saves the day something novel? That's the story of every superhero story and of one of the oldest ones, Superman.

And you're not the target demographic either.
Values like accuracy are of little importance in Shounen Jump, while they're appreciated in Black Lagoon or Golgo 13.
Furthermore, they're not even that important compared to pacing and story-telling, which takes me to another point:
BnHA is very damn novel if you care to look past the Wikipedia description. The villain is stupid and childish, one sub-villain was in fact completely relatable, the big bad was defeated already yet the catastrophe has yet to begin, the main hero is THE CHOSEN ONE but his superpower isn't some hax bullshit like icyhot and most of the time he's gotten shit done it's required thorough planning.
The MC is a crybaby (a common trope now) but he works hard and doesn't get stuck in the CRAWLING. The rival is depicted as unstable, but not evil, and . I'm sure you can come up with more if you care to try.

The way it executed is novel. OPM took the most predictable aspect of an action shounen, MC-kun defeats the bad guy, and just shaved all the fat out of it by making him win with one punch which completely changes the type of hero he is. What is a deep struggle to other MC is just a mundane outing for him allowing for a completely different character to center the story around.

Its not that BnHA is completely unoriginal but you have to admit Midoriya is much closer to the standard archetype than Saitama.

>Season 2
>Deku explosion Surfing
>Baku going Insane during cavalry
>Mindfuck
>Deku vs Todo
>Iida going Nuclear
>Cowabunga
>Gran Torino
>Endeavor

Oh absolutely. The Academia game is to play the premise and the tropes straight and then force it into a more realistic development.

spoiler that shit nigga

nothing special compared to whats to come in season 2 of opm

Which isn't exactly original either.

But it doesn't matter. BnH has got nice character, good action and a well developed story, it's solid and entertaining for sure, which is what is the most important.

Though when it comes to realism, I gotta give him one more point for making Deku's mom so perfect, this kind of stuffs pretty much never happens for that genre.

I'm laughing at "similar themes", user.

Please, tell me, what's similar between the two, besides "both are superhero mangas"?

OPM is vastly different than MHA - they tackle different issues. MHA is just another shonen with us following the kid when he slowly tries to fill the shoes he's given. OPM is about a burned out god who's looking for a challenge and is quite boring and normal in a very weird world, where a lot of characters overpower him in terms of coolness or even time we spent with them in the manga. It almost always seems like everyone has a much cooler life than Saitama, just because they're not undefeated gods.

So please, elaborate what's similar between the two.

OPM by mile.

BnHA was fresh in its beginning but it lost steam and the fanbase is absolute cancer.

I'm really looking forward to ochako vs bakugou as well

Season 2 won' be that good though, most of it will be the new content besides King's, Fubuki's and Garou's appearances.

> lost steam

How the hell can you say that when the fight against All for One was one if not the best part of the series.

>BnH has got nice character
Who? Deku? Deku's a little shit, and all of the others characters combined don't get half his screentime, so they don't matter.

>good action
Literally just "Punch harder boy" "Holy shit he actually did it, he punched harder". Can't have nice action when the guy doing 80% of the fight has boring as fuck powers.

>and a well developed story
That's actually a lie, since the story pretty always boils down to "the villains catches up to the heroes and then Deku get his arm broke". And since the cast is underdeveloped and the villains mostly act like various versions of the Joker it's a lie to call it "developped".

dude even that is more entertaining than the entirety of whats to come in season 2 of academia

besides,they probably will do season 2 once the garou arc finishes

Immediatly ruined by All Might surviving, killing any tension you could feel for any other character in the rest of the manga.

That fight was hype as hell yeah, but the arc leading to it and the arc before that were just shit.

Is this BnH's "OPM is just about one joke" bait equivalent?

>Season 2
>Garo arc finished

In what world do you live? In my world Murata just started a new manga about cooking shit and won't finish Garou in the next 5 years.

murata only gonna do covers for that manga
some user translated the text on the manga page confirming it

> It's a "BnHA calls any post they don't like bait and report it" thread

They aren't really that similar. One is a parody of superheroes and the shounen genre, and the other is a typical battle shounen.

>Immediatly ruined by All Might surviving

That was exactly the point though. All might ruined himself a glorious death by surviving, Sensei himself pointed that.

no,for opm it was bait but for academia its the truth

So? Going full meta and aknowledging through AfO that All Might missed his time to die doesn't magically remove the fact that the ending of the fight sucked in comparison of aAll Might dying.

It's just the author/the editor caving in and keeping him alive due to popularity, and I think that's sad.

That's still too much. He also "only" did covers and illustrations for a Street Fighter LN, the result was he released 4 chapters of OPM with 10 pages each, in 4 months.
They should just do ONE's version for a second season, because Murata will never be finished with it and the filler tournament shit can go into the garbage.

His buff form is dead, that's most of his character going away here.

Comparing it to the webcomic is night and day

If you think ONE's writing isn't far better then you're likely a clueless kid who hasn't read much. Despite having little drawing ability his paneling is fantastic and it really shines later on.

Murata's manga is a good adaption as well though it's been going off the rails lately.

I'm going to marry Orihime!

Yeah, and he's probably going to have a supportive role in the story from now on, but I still think it would've been a better end for his character against AfO.

But the moment the chapter dropped BnHAfags compeltely bend over and started praising that shit because All Might dying would've been too "cliché", and therefore bad.

oh sorry forgot to mention
i meant only chapter covers or titles in the start of the chapter
not like street fighter with many illustrations

>Animeonly fags stop bitching about Deku not being able to control his power.
>All dose mini arcs.
>Maybe some cute SoL filler of classroom antics?

>All Might surviving
He died though. Toshinori survived but All Might is dead.

>little shit
he's gotten ballsier by the chapter and it's still going
>punch harder
He fought with Bakugou without using the power, threw a ball with a finger in order not to fuck himself up, used maneuvers to avoid and feint against Stain, and in the last two arcs he also strategized and played messenger (along with the usual punch harder stuff)
>story
Most stories can be boiled down to stupid crap. Hercules is the dude who was really strong and had to do some chores, then died. Ulyses is a dude who made a wooden horse to get in a city and kill people. So far we've seen a society that is changing because the scales of evil and good are being toppled by various incidents, we've seen how they tie to the main story, their consequences, and how the main characters react to those. Way more developed than the first 100 chapters of One Piece.

The tournament isn't really long for now (and will clearly be stopped very soon, Saitama one shotting the second main martial artist is too much) it feels more like filler (while the MA attacking everything is the main story) to get Saitama out of the action. in Anime it won't last much longer than one episode. Problem is Murata slowing down so much exactly at this moment.

That tournament and whole new content added would have been fine as weekly, but holy shit it just becomes frustrating at Murata's pace.
I can think of other series like Prison School that are expanding a fuck ton the story, but it still works for me because it's weekly, and because I don't know what will happen next. Meanwhile OPM have the godly MA arc that we were supposed to get one year ago.

Toshinori is All Might user, I'm not sure how you could have missed that, he doesn't particulary make effort to hide his secret identity to the reader. Are you okay?

>what is a metaphore
>lmao symbol of pieces

He's basically comparing it to The Dark Knight Rises ending where Batman "dies" but Bruce Wayne lives on. Which is a fair comparison imo.

They're both good in their own realms.

Not OP, but I felt like the similar theme was, "What does it mean to be a hero?"

Stain and Garou are similar in the sense that they find the current hero society to be flawed and want to correct it.

>not understanding metaphors
Are you the one that is okay? The symbol that is All Might is dead.

My Hero Academia is a very generic battle-shonen, but it is done better than most other big ones. That's the general conscience. OPM does something more unique, in a somewhat comparable world.

>he's gotten ballsier by the chapter and it's still going
Really? Chapter 1:
>Rush to fight a villain he has no chance of defeating to save a friend
Chapter Idunno :
>Rush to fight a villain he has no chance of defeating to save a friend
What's the evolution?

>He fought with Bakugou without using the power, threw a ball with a finger in order not to fuck himself up, used maneuvers to avoid and feint against Stain, and in the last two arcs he also strategized and played messenger (along with the usual punch harder stuff)
Yawn.

>Most stories can be boiled down to stupid crap
You have to work more or less hard to do that. And you don't have to dig far for BnHA. Why the fuck are you citing greek mythology for? How seriously do you take yourself?

> So far we've seen a society that is changing because the scales of evil and good are being toppled by various incidents
Oh, really? Care to show me the chapter detailing the change of societies? Or do you consider "three lines of texts over a drawing of a building" to be the way the author convey deep societal changes?

>we've seen how they tie to the main story, their consequences, and how the main characters react to those
Blah blah blah. You're talking like it's something praiseworthy. But it can be summarised as
>Stuff happens
>We see how the characters react to it! WOW! So good!
I'm going to bet most stories featuring a character also do that. I'm not sure why you bring that up.

It seem your entire argument revolve about sounding pretentious and explaining extremely simple things as if they're notable qualities.

But he beat the fuck out of Stain.
And he beat the fuck out of musclefag.
And he beat sense into Todoroko
And you're just a baiting shitposter.

Ok bub

>both have similar themes
You are confusing themes and setting.
Kill yourself.

>Doesn't actually answer my point
>Passive-aggressively quote my post like it's Reddit and they want to gain karma

Oh yeah, I'm the shitposter for taking the time to quote the post the guy wrote to answer me, because fuck having a discussion with people who you don't agree with.

OPM obviously.

>Stain and Garou are similar
They aren't at all. Garou literally treated heros like training dummies on his way to world domination. He didn't give a shit about "correcting" them, he wanted to scare them all off and nearly succeeded.

Fag

Not this guy but similar doesn't means the same. It's in the ideology of wanting to change a hero society (while doing it wrong), and also being a rogue as in still seeing villains/monsters as your enemies.

I like both of them a ton but i'm going to have to go with My Hero Academia

in OPM everyone's a huge dick to everyone else
or it's just a reaction shot to our caped baldy kicking something's ass in.....a small quantity of hits although the same could be said about All Might but he changes over the course of the series

I find there is very little character change in OPM, not none but very little

When the fuck did Garou ever talk about conquering the world? He literally became a villain because he was bullied as a kid like Deku and was always forced to be the monster while the cool kid got to be the hero and beat him up. Fuck Shigaraki and Garou both raise the same point of 'violence ok when it's done by heroes'. And both BnHA and OPM take hero-ing and 'justice' to an entertainment level with tv-shows, cameos, interviews, etc.

OPM and BnHA are different sides of the same coin. Though OPM also has the added quirk of having an near-omnipotent being in Saitama.

>training
well some characters can't just start off badass
>irrelevant side characters
at least we get to know them
*cough* tank tops *cough*

test

OP here. You nailed it, user.
Thanks for not being retarded

OPM actually has deep themes, unlike bnha that it's only "Muh heroes are cool" and just steal ideas from other manga.

>for a show that flopped as bad as academia

Nice meme.

>kys
Fucking kill yourself