I... I don't know what these feelings are. I can't understand my emotions right now. What a ride this was though

I... I don't know what these feelings are. I can't understand my emotions right now. What a ride this was though.

>Liking homoshit
Kill yourself my man.

Why do you type out ellipses like that as if you're using some speech to text program?

The homoshit stuff was essentially irrelevant to the plot itself. Which is a good thing mind you.

It was literally only one episode and Shun dumped him in the end

>coming of age novel
>addressing sexuality
I think it was funnier that they did homo stuff onscreen and only implied het offscreen.

Probably the best villain I've seen in any post 2010 anime.
>tfw we would all be queerats and Squealer fought for our rights

>we was humanz n shit

Fuck off with your shit Sup Forums memes

Squealer genocided my clan because we refused to let him lobotomize our mum. Feels bad man.

It was important in terms of world building

The rampant degeneracy helped to show how fucked the whole society was despite it not immediately seeming so on the surface

>rampant degeneracy
>casual sex so people feel good, homosexual so no pregnancies

Didn't they only do homoshit because they were genetically modified to be like monkeys?

>The rampant degeneracy
Give me a break

Yeah, bonobos specifically.

You're entirely correct that it was important to the worldbuilding. But whether it was supposed to be part of the "surface utopia" or the dystopian undercurrent isn't really forced either way. Letting the audience make up their own minds about the morality of the things it portrays was one of SSY's greatest strengths.

I'll never understand how people can hate yuri after watching those two

>implying OP isn't steven hawking
>implying even a crippled genius confined to a wheelchair for his entire life can't gobble all the cocks that his paralysed form can handle

Reconstructing vocal patterns of expression is an established part of informal written communication. OP is expressing that he is lost for words.

Imagine you are in the world of SSY, would you which side would you help?
>You have Chantus and knowledge s
about what will happen.

No side was in the right. Humans were complete assholes and Squealer's approach to things was very extreme.

It wasn't forced, you're right, but I definitely got the same feeling from it as the gratuitous sex in Brave New World, that it was used as a means of distraction and pacification of the people. If I'm not mistaken someone even mentions something to that effect in SSY
I agree with this as well, I'd say Squealer's position was more right but his extreme tactics made him not any better

I think it was the ending of episode 2 that stopped me from dropping the show outright, where the music builds up and Saki narrates some shit like "If Maria hadn't been born then I think a lot of people needn't have died". It was a nice bit of foreshadowing, I thought at the time. I took it to mean that Maria would later turn evil and massacre people...

But she never did. She was a loyal friend until the end, and now I realize Saki was just saying disrespectful shit about her best friend, the same one that she abandoned to die with the rat-people. What a cunt. You don't say stuff like that about your friends.

Fuck Saki.

She's just making a factual observation man. Maria gave birth to the hell child.
But a more useful observation would be "if Mamoru hadn't been such a filthy heterosexual..."

>he same one that she abandoned to die with the rat-people

Nigger what

I never bothered reading into the story after sitting through the series once. I assumed she was captured and killed by Squealer if he had her kid.

>Mamoru was the straightest boy while Shun and Satoru couldn't control their homolust.

There's a few episodes where they leave the village trying to find her and Squealer tricks them

Mamoru also had the best hairstyle in the entire anime.

It's not surprising that strong source material makes for a great anime, but also not particularly surprising that it sold like four copies. This is why we can't have nice things.

Homo shit was just creepy man

mamoru was the best character in the whole show. he stays true to his convictions, even if they are cowardly until he gets lobotomized and force to impregnate his waifu

ew that picture is nasty

The bonobo thing is what caused them to be technologically decaying. Civilization is powered by the male sex drive, remove the yoke and everything stagnates.

dear lord you're retarded

Muh communism
Do you even incentives brah?
Did you ever stop and wonder why every civilization is patriarchal with sexual taboos against free love and collapses if it fucks with it? Do you even r vs K selection brah?

Their very nature is what limits their ability to exist as a technical society or culture more than anything.
When every man woman and child in your society is worryingly close to going Carrie, and also one mistake away from maiming or killing people, you have a problem. You have to spend an inordinate amount of energy dealing with that problem. I mean, the selective breeding for everyone being a big giant weepy slut that solves their problems by soppily having pity sex or make up sex or whatever is just one thing. It's being so rigidly and necessarily involved with what is essentially a rigorously strict ritual lifestyle that fucks them up. What's more, I almost think the calm, homey village environment is also highly calculated to keep everyone calm and happy, and peoples homes are that way too.

And then they spend all that time purging people who are a threat and it's clearly only marginally effective because they've been doing it for generations it seems like and they still get a fair amount who don't make it to adulthood because they are too unstable or violent or don't follow THE RULES. And that has nothing to do with the special case of "more troublesome than usual kids". The ones who are more brainwashed still cause plenty of mischief.

As a group the more independent ones have a ruinously high rate of "Caught the fuck on fire and about burned everything to the fucking ground with them", but even the normal ones are fucked up too.

I think that's one of the worst things. These people are captive to the demands of a specific, onerous lifestyle, and it barely works anyways.

"brah" do you understand WHY they created a low-tech society? Because if one village self-destructs, others won't be harmed or even notice. It is about the survival of the (new) human race

I think in the end they are captive to the Cantus. What is the alternative to their society to secure that extinction never happens. I mean it is cold calculated conservatism, but at least it is not there because of corrupt reasons.

I mean, I also think their society is really shitty, but I think their curse isn't that they founded a cruel lifestyle, in the end their curse is Cantus itself

i should reread my posts before sending them I mean I mean I mean

>timeskip
>everyone's gay now
i laughed

it was interesting that it was actually relevant to the overall story/world later

>mamoru was the best character in the whole show
Said no one ever

>8 seconds worth of gay stuff is worth dumping a show over
I found the closet homosexual.

Straight stuff was quite explicit in the novel, and happened twice.

They were probably forced or tricked into having sex.

Adaptation is an art in itself and doing a good job is worthy of praise.

>Hesitate on watching this because even though I don't mind gay stuff I didn't really want to watch a show centered on yaoi
>End up only seeing 6 seconds of it while enjoying a shit load more delicious yuri

This is why you don't listen to memers on Sup Forums

Of course. it was such easy bait that any thread back then guaranteed bump limit.

So what the fuck was on this spear anyway

Shit wrong pic

Didn't Shun say he always loved Saki?

Cantus itself is not the problem. It's a force that is not inherently good or bad, but those who use it are humans, who are too flawed to properly use it and fuck themselves up instead.

And it's Satoru who gets her in the end.

I heard the novel mentions Saki found the causes for why people go psycho or get out of control.

>"surface utopia"
>dystopian undercurrent
I hope you realize that much in the way that "light" and "darkness" indirectly refer to the result of the same process (light, or lack thereof), the terms "utopia" and "dystopia" both refer to the same thing, viewed from different perspectives. No matter which you are using, you are describing the set of rules for absolute control over the total population of a society.

>only implied het offscreen
I did not even notice that. Suddenly I desire to see pregnant Maria though.