Importing, and BDs are kill in the UK

Importing, and BDs are kill in the UK
>How Will Brexit Affect The UK Anime Market?
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-06-27/.103671

>The most obvious issue is the massive drop in the value of the British Pound Sterling. When licensing a property for distribution in the UK, local publishers must license the show directly from Japan, or sub-license the show from an American company. That means that to make these payments, they have to convert their funds to Japanese Yen or US Dollars -- and the pound buys quite a bit fewer of both, these days. Additionally, some production is done in the US by American partners (either the US publisher, or a US disc author such as myself), and those expenses must be paid in US Dollars as well

>As far as European trade goes, there are currently no Blu-ray replication plants in the UK. All of the discs produced for sale in the UK are actually manufactured in Austria or Poland. If trade with those countries is made subject to additional tariffs or taxes, the prices to replicate those discs will go up further (and those prices will also have been affected by the exchange rate with the Euro). The anime publishers' ability to order additional printings of back catalog discs will be greatly affected, as those are often not sold as quickly as an initial print run. That can make additional printings hard to justify financially. Ultimately, prices may have to rise in order to keep the operation profitable.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit
express.co.uk/news/world/683858/EU-army-Brussels-diplomats-spell-out-plan-coordination-defence
youtube.com/watch?v=kY72a3BbfVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It must suck to be you guys

American here, LMAOing at your life.

>buying anime
>ever

>implying I won't pay more for shit for freedom

Paying more means you have to either work more or buy less, which is less freedom.

First EU, then Iceland, now this.

Being English must be suffering.

IT WAS FORETOLD

oh no your currency decreased in value but is still worth more anyway and you have to pay more for localized garbage

poor you

>still worth more

didn't do too well in economy 101 i take it?

The pound will go up, the devaluation was a knee jerk reaction of the currencies market, due to the massive fearmongering from Remain, and is already stabilizing.

Good luck getting cucked by the EU in trade as it falls apart you glorious fucking limes.

>Boris Johnson is somehow better than the EU

They actually finished the week better than where they began in the FTSE

What's a good EU country to move to?

Is Boris like the Trump of the UK? I've mostly heard negative things about him. Plus he has a really crappy hairstyle.

>remain damage control is going strong

if you have ameribux, convert it to the pound and try london. You can have 3 or 4 flats for the price of a small home in someplace comparable, say san francisco

There isn't one.

No, he loves muslims. The only Trump like candidate is the Netherland politician who has a similarly ridiculous hairstyle.

>these people that don't know shit about economy think that the current climate is here to stay
It's a quarter-long recession, we knew before the referendum that it would happen and that it would climb back up as we stabilized our trade agreements. Obviously it's a bad idea to import things over this summer but people are overreacting. Also, who the fuck buys localized BD releases?

none of them, they're all going to shit
UK included

the similarity stops at the resemblance, Boris was bearable even fun before this

so if the britbongs have another brexit to see if they REALLY want to leave, and they do win the leave by a small margin, and if a muslim ends up an elected official, will they kick the queen out?

I'll take boris for a few years over their plans for an EU army and now their plans to federalise they've suddenly revealed.

doubt we'd do that, she generates an appreciable amount of tourist income

>EU army
>plans to federalize

Despite all the media shilling, there will be no second referundum. Boris will become the PM, leave the EU and things will go on as usual.
Meanwhile, the EU will try to unite as a mega state by replacing 50% of the population with negroes fresh from Africa.

The whole situation with Brexit is a major concern for the moment but just like most other problems in the end it will settle down fairly soon. This is nowhere near the level of the housing crash in the US a while back and probably wont be unless it is handled very poorly.

Abe is currently shitting his pants trying to devalue the Yen again, and if you look at Forex graphs it looks like the pound didn't drop, but rather returned to where it would have been had there been no referendum at all.
I want to say "Don't get your economic news from an anime news website," but I'm on an imageboard, so I don't have much room to argue.

You can be optimistic in the long term, but the Pound got fucking pounded on Monday and it's now even lower than it was the night of the vote. The FTSE isn't doing much better.

*federalise

express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit
express.co.uk/news/world/683858/EU-army-Brussels-diplomats-spell-out-plan-coordination-defence

A less valuable pound means more investing, especially since everyone knows the EU is going to die and the UK will be just fine, which means major long term investments into the EU won't ever happen because it's got roughly 10 years to live, while the UK isn't going anywhere.

The EU basically wants to became an unelected version of the US federal government, yes.

It sure is anime in here.

You too.

It concerns my purchasing of anime and anime-related products, so yes, it's pretty anime in here.

Quick post best girl so this doesn't get deleted
I haven't seen a KinMoza thread for a while anyway

>quarter-long recession,
>as we stabilized our trade agreements
More like decade-long. Have fun during those 8 years it'll take to get a new trade agreement with the EU, at the end of which will be one massively in the UK's disfavour.

A European army was first seriously proposed in the freaking 50s, directly after the war. Not a new idea.
But posting tabloids as references... are you fucking serious?

No sane person is going to invest in such a climate.

Every policy affecting rights or the economy can be related to anime-related products. It's still very far-fetched.

>since everyone knows the EU is going to die and the UK will be just fine
>being this delusional
There's growing uncertainty in the market, and much more so surrounding the UK than the EU. The fact that parliament's apparently just going to sit there with its thumb up its ass until September won't make things easier.

Nigel is gonna fund Britain's very own anime industry.

Why is Karen so shit? she ruined the whole episode.

You laugh when it's not happening to you

>buying anime

You brits sure are retarded

>More like decade-long. Have fun during those 8 years it'll take to get a new trade agreement with the EU
t. uninformed amerifat

If everyone knows the UK will do great, then why did the currency drop at all?

Seriously, is there anything that man can't do?

Fail

Because not everyone knows, but everyone that actually pays attention knows.

The fact that Boris realises that a 4% margin of victory does not mean they've won outright is a good thing.
He's made a few concessions about the single market which may reassure the market a little.

Alice please

Of course this won't affect most of us here in the slightest, the

>Bluray discussion
>Not anime

Oh right, you probably never bought anything from there, you streaming third-worlder

Not an argument.

Yeah, everyone informed KNOWS that we're only allowed two years to clear everything up in.

Wait, that makes our position even worse.

Jokes on you, this shithole never brings any anime BD's, but they're getting good manga tho I am a Hero and BokuMachi

fucked up the post
*only people who will get BTFO are the providers probably

Another fun fact: The plummet in GBP/JPY also effectively increased the value of all figure collections in the UK by 10-20% if they can find buyers.
*Sponsored by Buyfags for Brexit

Because a leave vote wasn't priced into the market and it caught everyone by surprise, which means chaos through uncertainty.

There's no magic formula, people just panicked because that's what they do when money is concerned.

Seems like literally no one considered the possibility of leave winning. Why is that so?

>tfw it's cheaper right now to buy from UK based ebay sellers before they put their prices up, than it is to import from Japan
I'm going to miss Mandy.

Because they thought "this would probably be bad for us, surely people would think of us first over their freedom!"

S-sugoii~

Because it's 2016 ffs.

I'm not dumb enough to buy figures in the first place, so this doesn't affect me at all. I can't think of anything more pathetic than filling your house with tacky plastic girls.

Even if I was, I wouldn't do it because of the awful import tax, and shitty shipping costs.

Which, demonstrably from the state of the currency, is a much much smaller number than those who do not. You are arguing that something driven by a lack of faith in Britain's economy is good, thanks to how it will encourage all of the people who have faith in Britain's economy.

Oh no, Brits regained their sovereignty but the price of BDs for Chinese cartoons may go up. What a mistake they've made.

youtube.com/watch?v=kY72a3BbfVI

I wonder what anime he likes

I'm British and I voted to Leave and I don't regret it in the slightest.

>He's made a few concessions about the single market
Has he? Last thing I heard, he had dreamed up some fairytale arrangement where the UK would get all the benefits of EU membership without any of the costs. This would include freedom of movement for Brits into the EU, but not vice versa. Needless to say, EU diplomats have already ridiculed the idea. The man's either a nutter or a liar, possibly both.

Because the British political class is woefully out of touch with the working class.

How can there be uncertainty when everyone knows what a good thing it will be?

This is amazing.

A FUCKING DENTIST

I just want the formation of a european superstate so we can enter the next step of human evolution.

fuck you brits.

>He's made a few concessions about the single market
That's not how it works. Getting the privilege of access to the single market isn't "making concessions".

Imagine being in a peace conference of two victor parties and one said "we'll take the land around the river, but we'll begrudgingly also take the rich trade cities on the coast." It's absurd.

You say you're not dumb, but unless you invested in gold or some shit you just got to watch wealth burn away in your bank account over the week, while buyfags had hundreds of dollars worth of goods that are just as valuable now as they were when the Pound was spiking.

Politicians here are out of touch, along with all of the middle and upper classes who make up the media/big business.
This was a revolt by the working class.

>t. German 4th-Reich supporter

Nice try.

If the Egyptian mixed race was so smart, then how come their pyramids didn't manage to travel to the stars?

This is true.

I meant to the remain party. I don't think anyone on the leave side wanted to be a part of the single market and here he is at least considering the idea
He certainly had the wrong idea about being able to remain in the EEC without a few restrictions/setbacks though

God save him