Saki: Tanoshii

Shinohayu ch34 by Akio is out, but still waiting for Biyori and Tokihayu. Dumping anyways.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?a4ha5535o151do6
youtube.com/watch?v=zwV4LoFSAGc
mediafire.com/download/6prfa7arhmvfi3a/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shizuku is Maho?

I will give you a bump while I wait for Toki.

Fin.

That can be understood in two ways. Are you waiting for 404, or the Toki spinoff TL?

Kyouka hype!

The translation but I know we probably won't get it today. I was just giving you a little help.

Too bad. I was looking forward to Rena comforting Shino and confirming this pairing.

But why? Shino is for Kanna.

But Kanna/Kyouka is already canon. They're probably going to kiss when Kyouka wins this match. Or tearfully hug when she loses.

>implying Ritz cares about any sort of canon and not just whatever idea pops into her head at the moment

Good chapter, it was quite an impressive comeback for Crazy-B.

I came home from work expecting Toki, but got no Toki. I felt like Toki.

Unless the tournament uses some really weird rules, that hand is 400 points short. Tanpin Sanshoku Dora should be mangan for 12000+300.

Is this the first time we've seen someone voluntarily end a bonus round?

How much Ryuuka was in the Toki side story thing? Cause I'm not too big on Toki, but Ryuuka is my favorite Senriyama.

Toki and Ryuka are the main characters so they shared almost the same screetime.

Too much Ryuuka.

Excellent. There can never be enough Ryuuka.

Haya a cute!!

Important pieces of lore for the Tokihayu timeline

>Kyouko and Hiroe did not meet before the start of high school
>Kyouko and Ryuuka are on speaking terms but don't seem to be good friends
>The current interhigh was Toki's first and Senriyama lost last year
>Toki was garbage at mahjong before she got future sight
>Kinue didn't start playing mahjong properly until high school

Toki wasn't garbage, she just wasn't First String Nationals level.

>inb4 "same thing"

Well in the Saki universe it really is the same thing.
But let me put it this way, she was never good. That's the impression I got from the Senriyama flashbacks in Achiga.

was all of this typeset?
mediafire.com/?a4ha5535o151do6

>But let me put it this way, she was never good. That's the impression I got from the Senriyama flashbacks in Achiga.
Why not wait to see how good she is in her own manga?

Well, Saki herself was shit without her powers at first. That's why Hisa made her train playing online.

But we've never seen Saki without her powers.

Of course. I was just pointing out some guidelines Tokihayu will likely have to follow. Toki can't be too high level.

>But we've never seen Saki without her powers.
Hold on ignore that, I get what you mean now. If Saki can't use her powers she is shit.

The captain is actually pretty funny girl.

>Tokihayu comes out
>Suddenly anons stop caring about Shinohayu

Y'all sluts you know that? Go on then, ignore Shino and co and enjoy those loli dragon tatas.

>Saki without her powers
Didn't we see that in the semifinal? Saki played digital mahjong for most of the second half.

I don't think so, Saki is never ronned by anyone in manga so at least she is very good.

In anime, we have a glance when Saki get ronned by online mahjong though.

I agree she's great.
Sadly there's just not much to talk about in regards to Shinohayu right now.

>I don't think so, Saki is never ronned by anyone in manga so at least she is very good.
Because she's got her fucking super powers, dimwit.

>In anime, we have a glance when Saki get ronned by online mahjong though.
Because she can't uses her super powers when playing online. That's why Hisa put her to train playing online. It's the only way to train her actual non-super skills.

Right now she got better thanks to all her online training, but at the beginning she sucked hard.

>Didn't we see that in the semifinal? Saki played digital mahjong for most of the second half.
Yeah but that's Saki after all her training. The first time Saki played online during their training trip she was shit.

Shinohayu feels pretty irrelevant. Tokihayu is at least about a prominent character in two other manga. Shino hasn't had anything to give her relevancy in the main manga to warrant a whole manga being created for her when it could have been Hayahayu and made more sense. They'd have to drop some really contrived bombshell revelation like "Shino is Saki's mom"

>Achiga ran for a bit over a year and a half
>Shinohayu started in 2013 and is still going with no real clear goal or purpose

When will these two get married already?

>people with shit taste and opinions this wrong exist.
Toki is fucking shit. And her story is simply yuri baiting while Shinohayu is a beautiful story of girl liking mahjong and trying to find her mum.

Saki: Pro: Cornerstone of franchise; Con: Too slow, character development lost in excessive fanservice and long mahjong matches
Achiga: Pro: Strong tie-in to main story. Con: Flawed protagonists. Manga too fast-paced.
Biyori: Pro: Comic relief; humanizes the characters. Con: sometimes detracts from plot tension
Shinohayu: Pro: compelling character development. Con: unlikely central premise (lesbian hypnotic abduction); unclear relevance to main manga
Toki: Pro: beautiful artwork, good slice-of-life; Con: not plot driven; feels like filler material.

>Con: not plot driven; feels like filler material
There's only been two chapters, and they haven't even been translated yet. It's far too early to pass judgement about its content.

Ritz: Pro: Creative way to satisfy reader curiosity about reclusive RL Ritz. Con: content suggests internal conflicts between Ritz, the other authors, the publisher, and the anime studio; potentially exacerbates real internal struggles rather than defusing them.

>Con: not plot driven; feels like filler material.
Stop pulling shit out of your ass. There's only been two chapters and you can't even into nip.

>Con: not plot driven; feels like filler material.
There is a plot. It's related to the reason Ryuuka approached Toki in the first place. It also has to do with her pendant.

I wonder if the pendant was Ritz or Meki.

The pendant is new in the Toki manga.

I know that, but I wonder if the plot device was something Ritz had thought up or Meki. Ritz gave over some things about their history but otherwise left the rest to Meki. Mysterious necklaces that are the basis of your quest are pretty Ritz-likel.

Given that pre-Toki-Toki is average at best at mahjong I wonder how much focus will be on the game in Tokihayu.

Could this be a mahjong manga for actual beginners?

I suspect it will be more of a romance-friendship story about the "amazing" Ryuuka and the inferior Toki, and everything that entails, so the mahjong will only be a plot device and not the main focus. But then again I may be wrong, and we might see Toki really developing in terms of the game.

Oh my god, who the fuck cares about TOKI?

Eventually, everyone will Toki

Toki manga starts at beginning of 5th grade (spring), and Toki and Teru are the same age. At this point, Teru is still in Nagano (pic), and the Goldfish tragedy hasn't happened yet, but will soon. (probably summer of 5th grade) Wondering if there is a chance of plot collision between the Saki & Toki manga.

Toki improved her mahjong by playing against Goldfish in the hospital.
Ryuuka accidentally burned down the hospital when sunlight was magnified through her pendant.

Thanks for the dump.

Nelly stole the pendant from Ryuuka and put the gem on her hat.

Teru & Saki's broken relationship is really about stolen pudding.

>"Thanks you Toki-san, playing mahjong with you was fun, like back when I could play with my sisters"
>"You can still play with them once you get out of this hospital!"
>"The doctors have told me I'll never be able to live normally again. Say, if you ever run into my sisters could you tell them to get along again? For me."
>"Of course, anything for my friend! But what are their names so I could find them?"
>"Miyan-"
>Goldfish dies

The nurse did it.

Kei is innocent. Please don't spread rumors like that.

pudding stealing is serious business.

youtube.com/watch?v=zwV4LoFSAGc

It's only 8 pages, so probably yes (but it could use some photoshop magic for better results).

soon

OMG I can see it now. Toki get her future vision from goldfish before she is deep fired.

are we toki yet?

Not yet

Yeah... we toki now.

Thats what happened in that chinese visual novel, if I remember correctly.

I tried. mediafire.com/download/6prfa7arhmvfi3a/

Shino is too pure for this world.
I understand now, why she had to die.

Maybe she's actually Fujita-pro.